25 Questions for the New Millennium

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: 25 Questions for the New Millennium
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Anonymous on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 01:47 am:

(Alright gang -- make it good! I'm taking notes for my book.)

1. What was the best moment of your life in the past 10 years?

2. If you are at least 25 yrs. old today, what would you consider to be the most influential relationship you've had in the last decade?

3. If you believe in God or some higher power, how has this belief impacted your life for the better? If you don't believe in God, how has your lack of belief improved your life?

4. If you could have a single day to spend with someone you know who has died, who would you pick & what would you do?

5. Who in your life has loved you most (other than your Momma - 'cuz she could be lying too)?

6. Did you love them back in equal measure?

7. Find a picture of yourself taken when you were laughing. (Go ahead, I'll wait..................)
    Think about when that picture was taken. How long has it been since you laughed like that?

8. What was your favorite toy as a child?

9. Where & what is "home" to you?

10. Who in your family has loved you best -- your mother or your father or a grandparent or a sibling?

11. When was the last time you had a good cry?

12. What is your best childhood memory (prior to age 16)?

13. What is the absolute worst thing that you have experienced in life? If you had to go through it again, would you -- were the lessons you learned worth what it took you to live through that experience? Or would you skip it, if given a choice, in retrospect?

14. Remember the most best sexual encounter you've ever had with anyone... Where is that person now? If they are no longer part of your life, do you know why?

15. If someone very dear to you died tomorrow & willed you guardianship of their child, would you accept the responsibility? Do you have the kind of life you would want to share with a child?

16. If you had a sibling 10 years younger than you, what is the most important lesson or piece of advice you would try to impart to them?

17. You are about to embark on a great journey whose destination is uncertain. You can only bring a knapsack with you. Name the 10 things you would pack.

18. Which 3 musicians or groups have influenced you most in your lifetime?

19. What do you want most in the Year 2000? What do you plan to do to attain it?

20. If you could murder anyone on earth (past or present) & get away with it, who would you kill?

21. If you died tomorrow & arrived at the entrance to heaven & were told that you must choose a single moment to re-live for all of eternity, what moment would you pick? (So I stole the idea from a movie -- so shoot me!)

22. If you had the power to go back in time & alter any moment in history, which moment would you choose & how would you change it?

23. Whose death in the last 20 years has had the greatest effect on your life?

24. Here is your choice: When you wake up tomorrow, you can opt to have either a fabulous body or a fabulous mind for the next 10 years (after that, the warranty expires). Which would you chose?

25. If you saw Mark Thomas on the street tomorrow, what would you say to him? Or would you just keep walking?

By R.C. on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 07:03 am:

In descending order/so I can scroll back (Agatha's trick);

25: If I saw Mark tomorrow/I'd invite him out for drinks. (Vs. dinner/but only becuz Mark doesn't like most of the kind of things I like to eat.) For me/Mark is the Look magazine of NYC (for those of you who are old enuf to remember Look). His pictures of New Yorkers & the city in it's various moods are always sharp & intimate & engaging to both the eye & the heart.

24: It sounds awfully arrogant/but I think I have a very good mind now. Becuz I've been lucky enuf & thoughful enuf to train & feed it well over the years. So I'd opt for a body like Salma Hayek. Nowadays/it seems like you have to be exceptionally good-looking to hook up w/a halfway decent man. Maybe then I cd finally get myself a First-Rate man & get married before my ass & my boobs hit the floor & nobody one wants me!

23: The death that has affected me the most in the past 20 years was Marvin Gaye. I grew up listening mostly to jazz & playing classical/but Marvin shaped the most pivotal moments of my adolescence. I even lost my cherry while listening to "I Want You"/& it was a marvelous initiation into the mysteries of SEX. I still recall precisely where I was & who I was with on April 1, 1984. And the fact that he'd been shot by his own father was just too devastating for me...

22: I would be a cheiftan's daughter in Ghana or Senegal or Sierra Leone/wading in the Atlantic surf as the first of the slave traders ships appeared on the horizon. And I wd run back to my village & tell my people to arm themselves/ assemble at the shoreline/& make it plain to any White person who came off that boat that they wd be killed as soon as they set foot on dry land.

21: I have not yet experienced a moment that I wd be willing to spend eternity re-living. Sad but true.

20: I don't know his name. But he & I both know why I wd choose him.

19: To love someone/deeply/& be loved by him in return. I have no idea what I shd to do make that happen.

18: J.S. Bach/Keith Jarrett & Miles Davis. If individual singers qualify/then it wd be Nina/ Sarah/& Johnny Hartman.

17:I wd pack:

1) A Swiss Army knife.
    2) Tampons & pads (which count as one/becuz sometimes you need both. Hey -- us femmes have to be practical abt such things!)
    3) My Bible (New King James version)
    4) A blank notebook & several sharpened pencils.
    5) My oldest copy of Zora Hurston's "Their Eyes Were Watching God".
    6) A bottle of olive oil. (Becuz I can use it on my hair/body/& for cooking. And it doesn't need refrigeration.)
    7. Underwear. (7 prs. of new cotton briefs/7 cotton t-shirts. Skip the bras.)
    8. 3 prs. of cargo-type shorts/2 prs. of jeans/2 prs. of cotton socks.
    9. A pr. of sneakers
    10. Waterproof matches.

16: I'd tell my younger sibling: DOn't ever be too hip or sophisticated to believe in God & believe the Bible. Not as a textbook explanation of the universe & all things in it/but as an expository essay on the character of God/& a guidebook for living in the world. Because the lessons in the Bible will not steer you wrong. And because choosing not to believe in God doesn't make God any less real.

15: I have never wanted to be anyone's mother. And my life affords nothing worthwhile to offer a child. Anyone close to me shd know that.

14: The most best sex I ever had was w/the man I almost married. He's not part of my life now becuz I had to open my eyes to a hard reality: i.e. that the fact that someone is good to YOU does not make them a good person.

13: There are some experiences I never wanted. I wd give them away to the next person I saw.

12: Best childhood memory: My father taking me out to Lincoln Center one nite when my Mom was on nites at the hospital & he was supposed to be watching us. My brother had the chicken pox & was staying with a cousin who also had it. Daddy was determined to catch Miles at Lincoln Center. He knew people there from being a beat cop in the area. I was a few months past 3 years old & I don't think I really 'remember' it. But the live concert album (is anybody here old enuf to remeber albums?) was released & reissued years later/& I own it now. I'm not sure if this qualifies as a 'memory' as such/becuz I've heard my Da retell the story so many times abt how I was enraptured by the whole experience & didn't fall asleep or get cranky & start crying.

What I do remember is my uncle accidently busting my Da to my Mom some years later/when he mentioned seeing the 2 of us at that show. Man, did she get pissed -- even after all that time!

11: My last good cry was back in November.

10: My Da has definitely loved & understood me best in my life. But my Mom was the one who told him "Let's buy her a place of her own/so she'll move the hell out of our house for good!" Which counts for a helluva lot.

9: Home to me is where I am right now. With my cat & my books & my music & my computer. Becuz it's all mine.

8: My favorite childhood toy was my Easy Bake Oven.

7: No comment. I am one of those people abt whom others say "But you look so much better in person than you did in yr picture." I have a face that even Scavullo cdn't photogtaph well.(And I know/becuz he did once.) It is a face without angles. No sharp-edged planes to catch the light. A brown peasant face that you cd find in any ghetto in India or Mexico or Pakistan or Brazil or the Carribean. Which is probably why I get msitaken for something other than an ordinary colored girl so soften in ethnic neighborhoods. I have no pictures of me/laughing or otherwise/since college.

6: I love both my parents equally now. But I had absolutely no use for my mother for a good 20 years of my life.

5: The same man mentioned previously in Q.14

4: Rob. Becuz I believe I was the last person he spoke to before he died. And I wil carry that weight a long time.

3: I believe in God. And that belief has helped me maintain my sanity & sense of belonging in the world. Becuz I know that one day/we will all have to stand before God & account for how we lived in the world. And God won't care what our bank balance was/or how many degrees we had/or whose boss we were. God will want to know whether we beileved in Him or not & whether or not our actions on Earth reflected those beliefs.

But I wonder sometimes wehat it wd be like if Sorabji 2000 actually ever came off/if a bunch of us ever got together in the real world to meet & interact. And I always wonder if I wd end up being the Poor Cousin Sorabjian/becuz Mark & Swine & Nate & Patrick & Cyst & Sarah & Sheila (you think it's just her & those ducks & dogs on some fucking farm? Lemme tell you -- Sheila lives on an ESTATE in NoCal -- some of the priciest real estate on Earth. And dig her references/ esp. her stories abt her past -- she's known or met or read damn near everybody who was worth knowing in the last 50 years!) so many others are so much more affluent than I am. Esp. for my age. Ten years ago/I cd've hung tuff with any of them. But now I'm a corproate drop out-worker bee w/not a lot of disposable cash or assets. I can afford certain things (like diamond earrings for my god-daughter/or hand-crafted Mexican benches) becuz I've given up other things (like fly clothes & travel & jewelry other than sterling & hanging out at bars on a regular basis). In the back of my mind/(& this ain't a dig, Bro') it always comes down to the Swine Standard: If I met MistaSwine at a club or a concert/wd he even bother to ask me for my # after chatting me up? Or wd I not even make the grade/becuz the packaging that translates into social-economic status & desirability wdn't be right? (I admit that my leisure-time wardrboe is lacking. But I do have some lingerie that's To Die For/becuz shit like that is what matters to me .)

The same goes for Nate. Even tho' I am so not into White guys/I fancy Nate in ways that don't even make sense to me!

Even now/I have to say that both Swine & Nate reflect a lot of the qualities that attract me in a man. But they're so young -- my damn car is prolly older than both of them!

Why is it that all best men are all under 30?

2: The most influential tangible relationship I've had is with my Da. Becuase his unconditional love for me as an adult has been my touchstone/even when I screwed up Big-Time. And his unmatched adoration from me as a child laid the foundation for most of my self-esteem today. In these times/most Black girls don't get to grow up with a strong male figure who totally values & validates them in a non-sexual manner/while also loving their mother. I was & am lucky to have a father like that.

1:The day I was proposed to. Even tho' I didn;t marry the guy/I will never forget the blissful high (that lasted for months) of knowing that someone in the world who cd have chosen anyone on Earth to ask to be his wife had chosen me.

By Gee on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 07:30 am:

I'm poor. I don't mind it. Actually, I never really minded it, which seems odd to me.

anyway, I'm not answering all the questions. some of them are too personal and some of them would require too much thought and I'm tired.

4. my grandma. she's really the only person I know who's died (I've been lucky), but I'd pick her even if I knew dozens. there's a lot of stuff I'd really like to talk to her about. I never knew what kind of person she was until after she was dead.

7. I don't have any pictures of me laughing. None that I can think of, and I'm too lazy to go looking. I don't like to have my picture taken. but I'm with RC - I photograph Badly. unless I'm taken compleatly by surprise, I always look Weird. I laugh a lot, though.

8. Baby Bum-Bum. I got one for christmas one year and it broke so my mother bought me another one. Or maybe my Cabbage Patch Kid "Gertie". There were two of her, as well. the first one had dark hair, and she was thrown out. the second one had blond hair. I really loved Baby Bum-Bum and the Gertie's. I can also remember Tub Town, which was a little town for the bathtub. and I used to rip the heads and one leg off old Barbie dolls and stick the head on the foot. I called them Foot-Head's. they were great bathtub toys. Remembering this stuff is nice. =o)

9. where I live is home. such as it is.

10. My mother. absolutly my mother.

11. I've never thought of crying as good. I don't really know what's meant by that. whenever I cry I get really exhausted. I don't feel any better, just depressed and frustrated. Because when I'm done crying, I feel like there's nothing left for me to do to express how bad I feel, and that's darn annoying.

13. first love. I learned a lot from it, but I don't think any of the stuff I learned has helped me at all. I think it's only hurt me. I would skip ever meeting the guy.

14. I remember it. that person is one of my best friends.

18. this is so predictable for me, isn't it? Well, the first one is, anyway. I bet the other two aren't.
    (a) Spirit of the West
    (b) Dolly Parton
    (c) Elvis Presley

21. I know what the moment is, but I'm not going to tell you. anyway, I'd probably get bored with it after a while. Even the perfect moment isn't so hot when you replay it over and over and over.

22. I'd save someone I'm close to from something personal. Screw Hitler and the whole world crap, I'm more concerned with my friend.

24. I wouldn't want either. It's too hard to have something like that and then lose it.

25. I'd probably stare at him as he walked by and not say anything to him. I mean, I don't know the guy. Plus I'm a shy bird, so even if I was a huge fan of his I probably would just follow him around to see where he went and what he was doing.

By cyst on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

for the record. the sad story of my life.

I'm totally poor. I've had tuna and generic-brand triscuits for dinner more than once in the last few weeks.

I've never been rich. I have never had a trust fund. my parents are immigrants. my mother left school when she was 15 and came to the states as a nanny. my father learned english working as a cook in an insane asylum in new york.

I've been to many places. I've spent a lot of time not working because I wanted to enjoy my life when I was young. this doesn't require buckets of money.

when I was in hawaii I stayed with a friend.

of the years I have spent in europe, I have probably only spent a couple of months in hotels -- all very bad ones.

when I was in prague I made so little money that I had to live in a village and take a train (and a subway and a tram) into town to go to work every day.

when I was in kiev I earned enough money to fly to western europe, but I always stayed with friends or family there.

when I was in turkey, I was working as a rug buyer and had all my expenses paid for. he also paid for my flight back to the states.

before I left for a half-year in central america, I took a second job as a sales clerk at sears so I could save up enough money. when I was there I spent an average of $12 a day. we stayed in prostitute hotels with shared bathrooms and traveled in old school buses without seats and bought food from street vendors.

the last few months I've been doing the holly golightly thing minus the sex, but now that it's the new year, I'm done with all that shit.

By cyst on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

a nice moment that I remember right this second is having dinner with a friend of mine at els quatre gats in barcelona last may. summer was on its way, I loved the city, and I was having a good time with everything.

3. If you believe in God or some higher power, how has this belief impacted your life for the better? If you don't believe in God, how has your lack of belief improved your life?

my lack of belief has not improved my life. but this is no reason to try to begin to have faith.

7. Find a picture of yourself taken when you were laughing. (Go ahead, I'll wait..................)
    Think about when that picture was taken. How long has it been since you laughed like that?

10. Who in your family has loved you best -- your mother or your father or a grandparent or a sibling?

my father, I think.

I had a bad cry today. and this is the new year anyway.

I started crying in a restaurant and my friend took a picture of me. I didn't full on cry because it would have been embarrassing and I would have gotten ugly cry face. I hate ugly cry face. I want to look good when I'm feeling tragic.

my friend and I have a rhett/scarlett relationship, and today we acted out our own interpretation of the final scene. he didn't offer me a handkerchief, though. I had to use my napkin. oh, that reminds me, I think the broccoli beef leftovers are still in the car.

14. Remember the most best sexual encounter you've ever had with anyone... Where is that person now? If they are no longer part of your life, do you know why?

he's in seattle. I just got a letter from him saying I owe him $85 from an old phone bill. he's not part of my life because I throw away happiness with both hands.

15. If someone very dear to you died tomorrow & willed you guardianship of their child, would you accept the responsibility? Do you have the kind of life you would want to share with a child?

no, no.

24. Here is your choice: When you wake up tomorrow, you can opt to have either a fabulous body or a fabulous mind for the next 10 years (after that, the warranty expires). Which would you chose?

I'm fine with my mind, so I guess I want the hot bod.

By Isolde on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 11:24 pm:

1. Probably spent driving.

3. I think God hates me. He hasn't returned my calls for months now.

4. Probably a friend who died in a freak accident hiking. He fell and puntured a lung. I'd just like to hang out with him one last time--look at the ocean, whatever.

5. My mother hated me. This is kind of hard to answer, since I can't really tell. I guess I'll have to opt out.

6. Probably not. I feel intense regret, too.

7. About three years. Damn. That's pretty sad. I should get out there and laugh. Soon.

8. Legos.

9. My old house in Lesbos.

10. Probably my doctor uncle, Charlie.

11. Last night.

12. Being with friends from high school--it seems like such a happy era lookingback, since I had so few worries that I could stay out all night and not really think.

13. Realizing that my last s/o had been cheating on me for over a year. I don't really want to go through it again, although it would be good for me, and I might be able to learn more about why he chose to do that.

14. I haven't seen him in a while, actually. We kind of drifted after a certain point. Maybe a year or so ago.

15. No. I hate children, and I don't want to be responsible for caring for one, especially one who was going through something traumatic like that. And my life is not great for children.

16. Life sucks. Deal with it.

17. a. Last Temptation of Christ
    b. A hairbrush
    c. Clean clothing. Lots of it. I hate being dirty.
    d. Soap
    e. Lots of contact lense solution and replacement lenses.
    f. Candles
    g. Matches
    h. A really good kinfe
    i. My cats. (Can't live without them.)
    j. The laptop.

18. Erg. Can I name composers instead? Good, 'cause I'm gonna. Pucinni, Wagner, and Korngold.

19. Good sex? Or is that too blunt. Wait for it, I suppose.

20. My mother.

21. Tough. Maybe New Year's, actually...it was a wonderful moment, almost magical, when we were all unified for a split second. I'm waxing.

22. None. History has built itself. I refuse to change it. Certainly, there are things that are distasteful--Vietnam, Hitler, the Crusades, etc, but they were there for a reason--to learn.

23. I was about to say MZB. I think she might be it, actually--I've had friends die, and that impacted me heavily, though--but I can't choose one over another for impacting me.

24. Mind. I don't care if I'm a hag, I like to think. Plus, I already don't look too beautiful. I'm used to it.

25. "Hi, God. Want some coffee?"

By J on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:05 am:

#13 When I let Amee move in after she split up with her husband,I paid for everything for the baby,took her to work,picked her up from work,had to get her up for work,watched the baby,had to go to work myself,I was sleeping only 4 hours a night.Instead of saving her money to get a place of her own,she started doing meth and got her 15 year old brother doing it too.That was her ass I kicked that time I went to jail,she wanted to move back home a couple of months ago,she was hurt that I wouldn,t let her,but I just can,t go through that again.That,s why she is in Alabama with a guy who looks like Pee-Wee Herman.She is REALLY mentally ill,but won,t take her meds.If anyone has ever seen The Bad Seed,that is pretty much Amee,she took after her dad,s side.

By J on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:34 am:

#4 John Lennon,I,d give him the best ride he ever had in his life,me on top.

By J on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:38 am:

#20 Hitler or Yoko,I guess Hitler.

By J on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:39 am:

#5 my dad #6 yes

By Sheila on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

i would take the great body. no ambivalence on that one.

i miss ken more than anyone else; his death affected me more than anyone else's. i would spend more time with him.

the best moment was clearing the final jump at Ramtap.

joey nixon loved me the best.

but not the other way round.

there are no photos of me laughing.

i'm still crying this morning.

i would pack the AMEX Gold card.

i cannot say whom i would kill; i got in trouble before.

no one near and dear to me would leave me the children.

this year i want the ball to roll to the other side of my head.

dave brubeck, bob dylan.

the worst thing i cannot talk about. it is still happening.

if i could relive one moment, it would be flying off the bridge in the Austin-Healey.

if i met mark, i would take his hand and say, let's go.

By Moonit on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 04:38 pm:

1. Rediscovering old friends - and those friendships becoming stronger every year.

2. Damn - miss this question by a measly one year *G*

3. I still havent decided what I believe in yet.

4. I'd pick Darcy - and we'd go spend a day in a park like we used to when we had no $$$ - just enjoy each others company.

5. I'd say Darcy. But then he chose to end his life so maybe not.

6. I wish I could say yes to that.

7. Years.

8. Seashell - my very first my little pony.

9. Home is being in the grump's arms - no matter where we are.

10. Mumma. She kept me.

11. A cry- this morning - a good cry last night. Bloody PMT. GRRRRRR

12. When mums ex hubby used to take me on long drives and he'd go round the roundabouts the wrong way.

13. The suicide of Darcy. I learnt a lot from it - to take better care of friends and family and to listen more and to live for today! If I had to go thru that again maybe it wouldnt of happened - maybe I could of got to him in time, but then I'd still be the brat I used to be.....

14. That person is eating toast in the kitchen *G*

15. Would a child want to live with me? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

16. Live your life like every day is your last.

17. Name the 10 things you would pack.
    a. contact lenses (thanks Isolde *G*)
    b. solution
    c. tampons
    d. socks
    e. the grump
    f. cadburys chocolate
    g. visa
    h. my CV - it could come in handy
    i. clean undies and socks
    j. the grumps high tech pocket knife.

18. Madonna, Guns N Roses (shut up), Supergroove.

19. Don't know.

20. This is a toughie.

21. The first time the Grump kissed me.

22. Another toughie.

23. Darcy's.

24. uh I'm shallow - give me the body!!!!

25. I'd just stare and probably trip up over something and make a right dick of myself (cause stuff like that _always_ happens to me)

By Isolde on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 05:14 pm:

c was good. Hadn't thought of that. *damn* Guess Im just screwed there...

By sarah on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

catching my first wave.

2. If you are at least 25 yrs. old today, what would you consider to be the most influential relationship you've had in the last decade?

definitely my father

i'm mostly agnostic. losing both my jewish and christian brainwashing has allowed me to be more compassionate and open-minded.

4. If you could have a single day to spend with someone you know who has died, who would you pick & what would you do?

My great grandmother on my mother's side. I have a lot of questions I'd like answered.

5. Who in your life has loved you most (other than your Momma - 'cuz she could be lying too)?

my dad.

yes. absolutely.

7. Find a picture of yourself taken when you were laughing. (Go ahead, I'll wait........) Think about when that picture was taken. How long has it been since you laughed like that?

yesterday.

blocks

detroit is home, but hawaii is where my heart is.

redundant.

a couple months ago

learning to ride my yellow schwin bike with banana seat.

13. What is the absolute worst thing that you have experienced in life? If you had to go through it again, would you -- were the lessons you learned worth what it took you to live through that experience? Or would you skip it, if given a choice, in retrospect?

my parent's divorce was probably the worst thing to happen to me, but only because i was young and fragile when it happened. but you can't really wish to change something like that.

14. Remember the most best sexual encounter you've ever had with anyone... Where is that person now?

kailua.

If they are no longer part of your life, do you know why?

there is no "why"

15. If someone very dear to you died tomorrow & willed you guardianship of their child, would you accept the responsibility?

yes

Do you have the kind of life you would want to share with a child?

yes

16. If you had a sibling 10 years younger than you, what is the most important lesson or piece of advice you would try to impart to them?

above all, keep your power

17. You are about to embark on a great journey whose destination is uncertain. You can only bring a knapsack with you. Name the 10 things you would pack.

1. clean panties
    2. toothbrush/toothpaste
    3. food
    4. water
    5. a walkman with a 90 minute mixed tape in it
    6. sleeping bag
    7. laptop
    8. id/credit cards/money
    9. camera
    10. swiss army knife

Aretha Franklin
    Grateful Dead
    Nina Simone

19. What do you want most in the Year 2000? What do you plan to do to attain it?

Career change.

20. If you could murder anyone on earth (past or present) & get away with it, who would you kill?

my first step father

21. If you died tomorrow & arrived at the entrance to heaven & were told that you must choose a single moment to re-live for all of eternity, what moment would you pick?

pass

22. If you had the power to go back in time & alter any moment in history, which moment would you choose & how would you change it?

the entire industrial revolution would never have happened

pass

i already have both

25. If you saw Mark Thomas on the street tomorrow, what would you say to him? Or would you just keep walking?

hi mark, it's sarah. i just wanted to say... hey wait! wait up! where are you going??

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 04:25 am:

I have NEVER seen a salesclerk in Sears who looked like you, Cyst.

But it's good to know you're just an ordinary working stiff too:)

By cyst on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 04:55 am:

my friend used to tell me I was the softer side of sears.

I only applied at the downscale department stores (sears, mervyn's, penney's) because I couldn't stomach the idea of working with snooty nordstrom sales clerks.

my coworkers were great. I sort of acted like I was in high school too, cheating on break times to have a long smoke in the back of "things remembered" and gossiping about the cute boys in hardware. one of the supervisors asked me if I was going to graduate (from high school) that spring. ha ha ha. I'd been out of college for three years.

By J on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:18 am:

1:My grandsons birth.2:I,ve been married alost 25 years,it,s got to be my husband,he,s a saint and I,m a handfull.3: I believe in God and the fact that I,m still standing is how that impacted my life.7:Last month when my grandson told me he had roasted beast for dinner,I always laugh..that,s right up there with sunblock and sunglasses for keeping you young.8:My stuffed Yogi Bear.9:My bedroom.10.My Dad and Aunt Dare.11:You don,t want to know,but when do,my nose runs.12:Staying with my best friend for a month in Durango Colorado.13:I Guess when Left my family a few years ago,I,d skip it.Caliornia..yes.15:Yes,I,d spoil them rotton.16:Pay your bills on time...see#7.17:sunblock,sunglasses,water,cell phone,money,pork rinds,tennis shoes,jeans.a blouse,someone bigger than me and smarter than me,maybe Maple if his wife lets him.18:Elvis Presley,the Beatles,Elvis Costello.19:I,m going to get a lawyer and go for grandparents rights.21:I can,t go there.22:I,d see that Hitler was never born.23:My mother in law.24:The body,I Like to think I have a good personality,but nobody says much about that,my legs seem to impress people,not my mind,that,s a shame too.

By J on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:36 am:

Ooops,25:"Hey there big guy come with me,I have some weed,some booze,and I just want to show you something"

By Nate on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

1995: shaking hands with the infinite.

ganja

my interest in being god has shaped the way i organize my affairs.

pencils and paper.

in the shade of redwoods.

when troy's death impacted.

losing my head after too many sleepless nights. being to tired to eat, too hungry to sleep. puking yellow bile. knowing there was nothing left in my life that i hadn't screwed up. i'd skip it.

at this hot springs in san luis obispo about two years back.

she's asleep in my bed right now.

yes. no, but that would change in a hurry.

job change, definitely. it will happen, regardless of any plans.

and get away with it? myself.

21. If you died tomorrow & arrived at the entrance to heaven & were told that you must choose a single moment to re-live for all of eternity, what moment would you pick? (So I stole the idea from a movie -- so shoot me!)

conception.

i'd loose the body.

i'd whip out my cock and laugh like a maniac.

By Patrick on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 03:23 pm:

standing in front of dozens of close friends and family and committing myself to my wife

duh, my wife, she is my idol.

sleeping in on sundays has been a blessing in itself.

My father. Just sit and talk, tell him, how influential he was in my life, tell him how happy I am. Tell him he wasn't a total failure, and compliment him on his kick ass music tastes that i too have come to enjoy his vinyl.

5. Who in your life has loved you most (other than your Momma -'cuz she could be lying too)?

My grandmother

most definitely

i am at work, i don't have access to pics, i laugh alot though.

my bike, the freedom offered in a bike is inmeasureable to a 10 year old.

where ever my wife, two cats and I find ourselves.

grandmother

when my father died, 4 years ago.

feeling up the girl nextdoor

whooa! slowdown! Regret from not getting to know my father despite his illness. I wouldn't skip it, but I would do things a lot different, BUT in hindsight, the vision is always closer to 20/20 though

14. Remember the most best sexual encounter you've ever hadwith anyone... Where is that person now? If they are no longer part of your life, do you know why?

yes, and still very close.

depends on the friend, i think that is tremendously selfish to will human being to someone without consulting them. I could, but at what price? Are there more appropriate parties to do the job? This questions poses more questions than answers.

Be an individual, ask questions and never accept what an authority figures tells you as truth. and also, BE GOOD to others, say hello to strangers and carry your good disposition unto others.

bag of peanuts
    1lb brick of pot
    pipe
    walkman w/headphones
    1 copy of exile on mainstreet
    1 copy of Pink Floyd Umma Gumma
    1 of the 2 Brautigan trilogies that includes Like Watermelon Sugar,
    1 copy of War and Peace
    Swiss army knife
    picture of my wife

VU, David Bowie, Rolling Stones

money, lots and lots of money, i got too many things to do with it

Britanny Spears

ejaculation

To whom ever got the idea to use nuclear fission against another human. I would have told him, it would have never worked and Einstein was off his rocker.

my father

In this society?...body....ignorance is bliss right?

i'd say hi and keep walking, what could i possibly offer him that he doesn't have already? Besides, i would'nt want to freak him out.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 04:41 pm:

Getting the chance to say goodbye -- in person -- to a beloved aunt less than a week before she died. As traumatic as that was, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Since the type of relationship isn't defined, I'd have to say it's the relationship I have with my best friend, Linda. Met her almost 12 years ago when we worked at the same job. I've watched her kids become adults and watched her marry the biggest buffoon on earth, but through it all, we've remained tight.

There has to be something there. There just does. I was raised Catholic and think that's the biggest crock of shit anywhere. The notion that this "god," would expect his creations to worship and grovel to him just astounds me. I don't have a problem being thankful, but for pete's sake, most of the world's trauma has been in the name of "god," or a god.

Easy. My father. He was a raving epileptic drunk who I really didn't know. I lived with the man for most of my childhood years until my parents separated. I refused to see him after that point. He died five years ago. Kids are so stupid. I would give anything to know about his life from his standpoint.

My maternal grandmother.

Yes. Love her to death, even if she is a jesus freak.

2 hours ago. I swear. If I'd been drinking milk it woulda been blown out my nose.

The Six-Million Dollar Man doll.

Home is physically Washington, D.C. Mentally it's someplace I have yet to discover. To me home is somewhere you and your special someone can be together.

Probably my mother. While not outwardly, she has made tremendous sacrifices, which I will always be greatful for. I hope to be able to return the favor soon.

About a month ago. Matters of the heart.

Playing with friends in the back yard. My father comes out of the back door, and we assume he's going to yell at us to be quiet. He joined in our rough housing.

Unemployment. I resigned a good job in 1997 that I had been in for almost 10 years because of pride. For a little over a year I had no direction and was very depressed. I hope to never experience this again. In retrospect I'm glad I am working where I am working now, but rather than go through hell again, I would hope I could use common sense.

Ok. This is where PJ the slut comes in. It was almost 2 years ago. A man responded to a personals ad and we met at his place. The orgasm was just phenominal. It was a one-time deal. I go past his house many times because it's on my main travel route, but the car that used to be there is no longer there. Why haven't I seen him again? Us fags are fickle dammit.

Oh my god these questions are damned hard. I would have to say no. I have a hard enough time taking care of myself to try and care for a child. Ye Gads!

Spend time with your family. Don't be a wallflower. Learn about your family's heritage. My brother and sister are both younger than me. He is 26, she is 28. I am 30. I am really the only one who visits with my father's side of the family on a regular basis. My sister sticks pretty close to my maternal grandmother. My brother is in it for himself. Me me me.

01. Camera with new batteries.
    02 & 03. Two 5 pack value paks of film each roll having 36 exposures.
    04. My toiletry bag.
    05. Deck of cards.
    06. Diary
    07. Pen
    08. Wallet.
    09. Chapstick.
    10. Condoms (hey come on I'm gay!!!LOL)

Oh. I forgot clothes. Or do they go in my big suitcase? haha

George Gershwyn. Roy Orbison. Tina Turner.

Fall in love with someone who has also fallen in love with me. I honestly don't know what I plan to do to attain it.

Anyone who would harm a child in any way or manner.

When my ex grabbed my hand gently while in the movie theater and held it the whole time.

Martin Luther King would not have stepped on to that balcony. I'm not saying some other nut wouldn't have gotten to him at another time, but his work was far from done. His efforts at peacefulness and harmony are important to me -- being a gay man and all.

My father's.

A body honey. I already have the fabulous mind. *SNAP*

I would say, "Hey! What are you doing?"

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 04:49 pm:

Nate - god damn you are funny, man!

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

"i'd whip out my cock and laugh like a maniac."

NATE!

DAMMIT! Now I've sprayed Fresca ALL OVER MY MONITOR & everyone in the room is wondering what the fuck is so funny to her!

Man, that shit was hilarious! I can picture it so perfectly...

Nate, man -- YOU ARE CERTIFIABLE!

Excuse me while I go find some paper towels...

By Nate on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

you're drinking fresca? jesus.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

R.C. I about did the same thing, only it was ginger ale.

By Rhiannon on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 05:09 pm:

A selection:

My stuffed bear, Bear. I loved him so much all his limbs and his face came off.

Anywhere I have a room of my own, privacy, some books, and some music.

My mother, though I'm sure my father loves me in his own way.

Three weeks ago

I had a good childhood, so I have lots of them, but the first one that comes to my mind is watching the August meteor shower with my aunt Beth when I was 15.

*"Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor Frankl
    *Swiss Army knife
    *first aid kit w/ the book "The Worst-Case Scenario Handbook" by J. Piven and D. Borgenicht
    *my fuzzy red sweater
    *an atlas
    *compass
    *mac/visa card
    *a journal w/ pens
    *Twizzlers
    *seven-language dictionary

The Smiths, the Cure, and Erik Satie

I have a memory of being very young and being pushed on a swing by my father and laughing very hard as he pushed me higher and higher. That moment.

Well, I'd try to stop the assassination of Arch-duke Ferdinand, which would avert WWI, which would in turn avert WWII. In high school I learned that at the Battle of the Somme alone, 1 million German soldiers and 800,000 French soldiers were killed, if I remember correctly....killed, not "killed or wounded." I would want to stop that.

My grandmother's, because once she died, everyone in my mother's family was finally free.

I would say, "hello, Mark Thomas!" and I would give him a big smile and blow him a kiss. Then I would leave him in peace.

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 06:14 pm:

Whaddya got against Fresca?

I LOVE Fresca. Can't stand Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi /Dr. Pepper (any version)/Sprite/or Mountain Dew. Fresca is the only soda I drink. But they don't serve it anywhere. And you can never find it in vending machines. So I buy it in cans to bring to work.

Fresca is the only soda that will pass my lips. Except for a nice cold orange Crush, when I can find one.

By Patrick on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

no *RC* Cola?

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 06:56 pm:

Hell no! That swill's worse than Coke. The only cola product that interests me the hydrochloride derivative. In powder form.

By semillama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

I may repeat myself here, so bear with:

(ps. you guys are great. Ilike you even more now. I'm gonna kick all your asses if you arrange a sorabji fest i am unable to attend)

That would have to be the last day i dated the only girl i was ever head over heels in love with. It was a short relationship, but intense. 1993. We were in the back seat of a big ass car (i can't remember who was driving) coming back from touring the Sanilac Petroglyphs in lower Michigan. She had her head in my lap and was asleep. I still can recall the feeling - total relaxment, and a feeling that I had finally found someone I could spend the rest of my life with. She dumped me later that night, but i'll always remember that one moment. i think it was the only time I have ever been perfectly happy.

My friend Joyce. She really opened up my mind to new realms of thinking and feeling. My life would be totally different without here. I probably wouldn't even have ever stumbled across this place.

What about if you're agnostic? The only thing I believe about "god" is that if it exists, it's so uncomprehensible that it defies belief.

Probably my paternal grandfather. I never really got to know him, and I would love to talk to him about his life and our family.

It's either my cat or my friend Joyce.

My cat, yes, Joyce, even more so.

7. Find a picture of yourself taken when you were
    laughing. (Go ahead, I'll wait..................)

That picture was taken nearly 10 years ago, at my high school graduation party that I shared with my best friend at the time. It's been a while since i have laughed like that. I think i haven't laughed like that since my current best friend moved to Portland a couple years ago.

My imagination ( i had so many toys, I couldn't pick one. [although I wish i still had all my Star Wars stuff])

home to me is two things - one, it's the Keweenaw Peninsula, wher I have spent most of my life. It's the greatest place on earth, hands down. Two, it's with the friends I love the best. Home is when and where ever I am with Joyce, Aaron, Sarah, Carole, Dan, Sean, bernie, my old bandmates...lately, home has been here.

10. Who in your family has loved you best -- your
    mother or your father or a grandparent or a sibling?

There's no way I can answer that.

Probably thirty minutes after I left the theatre after watching "Dead Man Walking" - I went up to my room and just wept like a broken man. I suppose I was at the time, as I was still getting over a broken heart.

My childhood is a blur. I spent it alone, mostly. But since it's before age 16, I would say there's a moment, I was 14 or 15, and i started making friends for the first time, friends i could trust. I 'm still close to most of them. How's that for commitment?

13. What is the absolute worst thing that you have
    experienced in life? If you had to go through it again,would you -- were the lessons you learned worth what it took you to live through that experience? Or would you skip it, if given a choice, in retrospect?

Probably noticing a common theme to this... It would have to have been about the same time I saw "Dead Man walking", and I heard the girl I was still in love with (who was my housemate at the time) making love to someone, and I just cracked and wrote a stupid note and she got super pissed at me, and stopped talking to me for a while and even missed the first time I had ever played with a band on stage. I remember that night, looking out in the audience and searching for her face, and not seeing her. if you watch the video we made that night, you can see me doing it.

Fuck No, I wouldn't go through it again. It was my fault and it was a crummy thing to do.

I am slowly forgetting just how that felt. It was at the start of that relationship I mentioned above, at No. 1. She's far away in Portland. She's still part of my life, but not in the way I had originally wanted. Why? I suppose I wasn't good enough. The Right Man I ain't.

15. If someone very dear to you died tomorrow &
    willed you guardianship of their child, would you accept the responsibility? Do you have the kind of life you would want to share with a child?

No. They would know that I wouldn't want that. For crying out loud, I'm a single guy, with no female companion on either horizon! There are much better choices than me. If i did have to raise a kid, it would be one crazy little bastard.

read Revelation X every time you have to take a dump. Send your $30 to "Bob". Fucking ask people out, don't wait around like I did for them to notice you, cause they won't hardly ever.

1. toothbrush
    2. big towel
    3. bedroll
    4. a firestarter
    5. a thick blank sketchpad and lots of pencils
    6. several prepaid calling cards
    7. first aid kit
    8. Revelation X - The Hidden teachings of J. R. "Bob" Dobbs
    9. address book with all the addresses of people i know (including those of you here who have sent me theirs)
    10. a thick plastic mug

Those are the essentials. You could use other things, but you'll get along fine with those. If i could take along something else, it would be a map compass. I can also fit a lot more than that in my knap sac - its a big ass German NATO bacpac.

bernie larson - for teaching me to love reggae.
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers - for lifting my spirits by releasing albums whenever i happen to be really fucking depressed.
    Iron Maiden - for teaching me to love the guitar.

I would like to kiss a girl. Sex would be great, but man, the moments when you and she just kiss - that's the best. What do I plan to do? 1. buy a reliable car - cause the nearest place with kissable girls is 40 miles away. 2. perhaps answer a singles ad. or place one (I am at the end of my rope here).

The filth that raped my best friend at gunpoint. You can't go fucking with history, but there are some things you can change and it wouldn't completely change everything, but life would be better anyhow.

See No. 1

Like i said, i don't think you should fuck with history. I would go back in my own personal history and would have changed my behavior the night I got busted for DUI. Life would be much better now.

23. Whose death in the last 20 years has had the
    greatest effect on your life?

Jim Henson. For some reason, I think he could have done a lot of good if he had lived. What a role model that guy was.

neither is worth having without earning it.

I'd probably keep walking, stop, say to myself, "that Guy looked a lot like Mark Thomas" and turn around, and he'd be gone. Then I would see a flash out of the corner of my eye and catch him grinning at me from a bus window and holding a camera.

Fuck, now i'm depressed. those were some downer questions.

By cyst on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 10:11 pm:

sem - why did your friends move to portland?

r.c. - doesn't fresca contain wood pulp or something bizarre like that?

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

Damn, Cyst! Leave it to a foreigner to know abt the *secret ingredient in Fresca.

FRESCA (insert trademark logo -- which I don't know how to do)
    ("a refreshingly crisp citrus taste" insert trademark logo)

'Grapefruit flavored soda
    -a product of the Coca-Cola company

12 fl.oz (aboot 355 ml. Canadian liquid)

Ingredients:

Water
    Cirtic Acid
    Concentrated grapefruit juice
    Potassium citrate
    Potassium benzoate & EDTA (to protect taste)
    Aspartame
    Acesulfame potassium
    Acaia
    Natural flavors
    Glycerol
    Ester of wood rosin*
    Brominated vegetalbe oil
    Carbo bean gum

I have no clue what Ester of wood rosin might be. Or brominated veg. oil. I remember rosin from my cello-playing days & I know rosin is derived from tree resin. So it must be some toxic chemical extract they make from bow rosin.

But as I said/I drink it for the taste/not becuz it's good for me.

At least it gives me lots of potassium!

By cyst on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:33 pm:

that's some weird ass shit in there.

r.c., have you tried hansen's grapefruit soda? it's really, really, really good.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:43 pm:

Semi- Damn. I thought I was the only man who cried after Dead Man Walking. The last 10 minutes of that movie are just devastating.

By R.C. on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 11:53 pm:

Hansen's sounds like a regional brand. Who bottles it? And is it diet? (I can't handle too much sugar.)

By cyst on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 12:58 am:

By Isolde on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 01:00 am:

I did too. But maybe it doesn't count because I'm not a guy. You know the other movie that made me cry? You're going to laugh. Green Mile. I don't know why . I think it was my mood. Just those two, though...wierd.

By J on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 03:22 am:

I snot cried at that movie.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 03:32 am:

we have hansen's soda in hawaii. grapefruit flavor used to be my favorite.

i say used to be because i don't drink soda any more, though i think of all the things i've given up, that's the one i miss the most.

that and coca cola.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 03:33 am:

the movie Step Mom made me cry. so did Hope Floats, which was a downright *awful* movie, but still tore me up all to pieces.

i'm sure plenty other movies made me cry but i can't think of them right now.

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 07:20 am:

Lean over Sem, so I can kiss you right now...

You are so sweet/you make my teeth ache. But in a good way.

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:10 am:

Most gay men I know aren't capable of crying. Everything is all fun fun fun fun fun.

By J on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

When a certain gay man I know got hemroids he cried like a baby,he thouht that it was a tumor.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:10 pm:

i cried during green mile, dead man walking, and about five thousand other movies. i am a big time movie crier. i was racked with sobs when watching "et" for the first time. another movie that was unrelentingly sad was "pelle the conqueror", i couldn't compose myself after that one. i was walking home after seeing it and bawling the whole way. "leolo" was another one. another was i think called "king of the hill" or something, about this little kid who is raising his younger brother while his dad goes away for weeks at a time for his work as a travelling salesman. there is a scene where the kid has no food for him and his brother, he cuts pictures of food out of a magazine and puts them on plates, salts them and eats them, pretending they are delicious the whole time. broke my fucking heart. any movie involving injustice to kids does that to me, as does any with cute animals.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:25 pm:

i just remembered that the last time I laughed as hard as I did in the opicture was the last time I visited the Dysfunctional Family Circus before it died. What a damn shame.

Y'all are too sweet.

I want everyone to know that I actually never say "y'all" but for some reason i enjoy the way it looks written.

By Moonit on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

I cried at All Dogs go to Heaven.

Yes I am aware it is a cartoon.

I am a big crybaby

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

Yeah, me too. The saddest movie I've ever seen is a French movie called Ponette, about a little girl whose mother is killed in a car accident and the way it affects her. I swear to God, I cried the ENTIRE movie. From the very first scene to the very last scene with no respite in between. But it was a good movie and I would see it again. I recommend it, too.

I cry even when movies aren't sad. The eyes leaked during that scene in Sling Blade when Carl gives the little boy his books and the book mark that said "You will be happy" on it.

War movies get me too. The Thin Red Line, Gettysburg (the book too), Glory...I cried at all of 'em.

Speaking of war, this isn't a movie, but it made me cry just the same. Last year, I read a book called "Hell, Healing, and Resistance" by Daniel Hallock (about the affect that war has on the psyche), and there's a large part devoted to the man who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. I think his last name was Tibbets. Paul Tibbets. Anyway, doing what he did completely wrecked him, and he spent the rest of his life trying to atone for what he did, writing letters to Japanese children burned in the blast and asking them for their forgiveness. He died of cancer in 1952, and the article that appeared in Time magazine reporting his death quoted a friend of his who said that Tibbets dreamt of the bombing every night of his life, and the friend was quoted as saying, "He said he could feel those people burning."

The whole book is sad, understandably. Even the cover.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 04:20 pm:

i have heard documentaries about those three pilots who dropped the bomb. It's is a fascinating story and man what a burden. they were close enough when it went off they said their teeth ached.

from what I understnad, they weren't aware of what bomb they had on board until thery were up and over Japan, thats when they were given orders to haul ass when it was dropped, because it wasn't any ordinary bomb and if they kept the same flight path after dropping it they could have been blown away as well

By Gee on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

I can beat all you people, even Moonit.

I cried at "Ernest Goes to Camp". I kid you not.

I also cried at "The Abyss" but that's no big deal. It's weird to think about what a great writer/director Cameron is when you think about "Titanic".

By Isolde on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

Blue light. Have you ever noticed how much blue light there is in Cameron movies?

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:18 pm:

You guys are too soft to still be standing!

Humph! Crying at an "Ernest" movie...

By cyst on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:24 pm:

I cried during "independence day" when the first lady died.

then I fell asleep.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 11:13 am:

the first time i cried in a theater was for "sixth sense."

for some reason i really connected with that movie.

oh, i fake cried in the theater for "shadowlands". but that was because i was trying to impress the girl i was with. you know, a sensitive guy.

ah stupid youth!

By Margret on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 11:36 am:

Umm. I think I mist up at random. I have been known to cry at the Michelin tire commercial with the baby and the puppy while railing against the overkill of both a baby AND a puppy. PMS.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 11:50 am:

damn, people!

By Nate on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

shut up pussy.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

NOW i am crying!

gimme some kleenex bitch!

By J on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 01:00 pm:

The only time I saw my s/o cry was after the movie The Champ,just a couple of tears,no snot,no noise,that was it,but I was busy crying with a woman who sat behind me, in the lobby,long after the movie was over.I cry at some commercials too.But I think I do it cause in my own life,even when someone really hurts my feelings or hurts me in any way,I,d never give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry,that,s when someone is going to get an ass kicking,then I,ll cry when I,m alone.

By MapleLeaf on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

Blue Light!!!! Isolde , where do you live that you know about Blue Light? I cry whenever I see an empty one. :)

By agatha on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 10:53 pm:

dave cried during "curly sue." he also got teary during a jerry springer episode- "help! my mom's a slut!"

By Markus on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 01:20 am:

Pelle the Conquerer was a great movie. Max von Sydow was amazing. Shadowlands affected me surprisingly strongly. (C.S. Lewis wrote a small volume on grief after his wife's death that is worth having.)

Welcome back, Margret. Not that I'm one to talk.

By J on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 02:58 am:

But he,s funny,and I only e-mailed him a few times,he had good manners and that was all good.Markus,that is.

By Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 08:40 am:

oooh Markus... another crying movie. :)

Shadowlands.

By _____ on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 09:08 am:

that was maury povich.

By Markus on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 09:09 am:

Funny and good manners? Sounds like you've got me confused with someone else, apparently Mark Thomas, the proprietor of this nuthatch. Sadly, I've never gotten an email from you, J. (Or does this post belong under the I am not Mark Thomas thread?)

By J on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 10:55 am:

Oops,sorry,I was talking about Mark Thomas,the man with the fancy recliner,and this post should be under the (sometimes I get too fucked up)thread:)

By No intro necessary on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 01:55 am:

(yeah, four years late. yeah....)

Discovering, in the strangest of ways, that I am loved. Passionately, not platonically, loved.

At some point I learned to be introspective and developed a loving relationship with myself.

Radical unknowability. Intellectual spiritual secularism. Love drives me toknowledge. Knowledge to compassion. I've discovered the place where the mind-body-soul meet. It's a good place.

I would have lunch with Sojourner Truth and find out what she really said.

Andy.

yes.

I laugh at everything.

I had all these shoeboxes that I made into a doll house. I cut up out little paper dolls and wrote their names on the back and they lived in these shoeboxes. They were like a big eight-is-enough type family.

Wherever the music is.

I can't say for sure, but Jim gets a big shoutout.

Big Fish. Last week. Big Fish.

Playing with Louis, my imaginary friend. (I miss Louis).

The last time I had my heart broken. I'd go through it again. It was the first time I ever felt like I was going to be okay.

Far, but not too far. Still in my life.

Yes (for the right person, the right person would be the one who would know it was okay to do that). No, but I'm adaptable.

Read. Read. Read. Retain a sense of humor.

1. toothbrush/paste/floss
    2. journal/pens
    3. ipod
    4. water. lots of water.
    5. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
    6. Tarot Cards
    7. Tommy Turtle
    8. Blanket
    9. Clif bars
    10. clean underpants

1. bootsy collins
    2. les claypool
    3. flea

Does this count? Go to grad school. Fill out lots of paper work. Go.

How about the reverse? Could I save my father's baby sister instead?

Sleeping in on a saturday with the wonderful one.

I would have said something else.

Nana. She was the closest.

It's not what I want more, it's what could stand losing, the body. I'll take the good body, I'm already losing my mind and it hurts.

acknowledge, move on.

By No intro on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 08:14 am:

Yeah, I never *knew* Sojourner Truth. I'd still pick her though. Or my grandfather and record all those war stories.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact