LOGOPHILIA 2000: The Sorabji Millennial Dictionary

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: LOGOPHILIA 2000: The Sorabji Millennial Dictionary
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By R.C. on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 08:23 pm:

Because some of my favorite boards are the one's abt words. And becuz everyone here is good at making up words -- esp. words that sound real but aren't. So I say/let's create a Sorabji Dictionary for the new millennium & start making some $$ off this place!

A - Entries 1-20:

1. ASSIDIFY: to prove oneself to be an asshole.

2. ASTRONOMOLOGY: the science of getting drunk, lying on yr back under the stars & deciding which constellations represent the totally-fucked-up personality traits of the person you just broke up with.

3. ASS-WIPERY: a general term used to classify the behavior of an ass-wipe.

[Next?]

By Antigone on Friday, January 7, 2000 - 11:52 pm:

4. FESCHNICKED: Too drunk off one's ass to notice... much of anything.

By Czarina on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 12:47 am:

HORNAROBIA-----that arousing feeling acquired while doing pelvic thrusts, while working out.

By R.C. on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 04:07 am:

Guys -- we need to do this alphabetically -- it's a Dictionary/after all. (Plus/it will make everyone think harder to make up NEW made-up words).

So we need 17 more items starting with A/before we can move on. I will gladly repost Feshnicked & Honarobia with appropriate credits when we get to F & H, respectively.

Now try again.

By Orthographically correctol on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 08:05 am:

I think it should be hornaerobia.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 09:15 am:

AWKWARDITY: ineptitude in the social realm.

ARGHISH: that which is frustrating and irritating, whilst causing one to break down in tears and howl "AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!" (related word: DISGUSTICATING, a future entry)

By Antigone on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 02:09 pm:

ANAL-RC-ISM: Being a bit too serious about doing shit "right." :-)
    ASSHOLE-ANTIGONE-ISHNESS: 'nuff said.

By J on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 04:06 pm:

Anus...an asshole?

By R.C. on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

AKWARDITY rules! Good word!

By Sheila on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 05:46 pm:

Antigonium: a gaseous element, No. 666 on the periodic table, emitted from Satan's Severed Head.

By Antigone on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

Smells sweet as a black rose...

By _____ on Saturday, January 8, 2000 - 07:02 pm:

black roses only exist on uranus

By R.C. on Sunday, January 9, 2000 - 07:56 am:

LOL! Thank you, Shelia. You have No Idea how much I needed that right now.

By Bk on Sunday, January 9, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

Ass-aholic (stolen from a song); The condition of being addicted to being an asshole.

By Czarina on Sunday, January 9, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

Aren't we on to the "B"s yet? I'm feeling a little bitchdictive.

By J on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 12:18 am:

bitchadicta=Shaunna The Bitch....Carzina can vouch for me.

By crimson on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 12:55 am:

abysmalicious: a mixture of abysmal & delicious. something so fucking bad that it's good. some people might assign this term to ed wood screenplays, thrift store art, or certain kung fu films. anything so bad you feel a moral obligation to inflict it upon all your friends immediately.

By Czarina on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 01:17 am:

Great word! I wondered what had happened to you Crimson.

By R.C. on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 04:24 am:

Alright -- onto the B's.

We already haeve:

BITCHDICTIVE: (see above)

I contribute:

BARFIFEROUS: inspiring or causing one to upchuck at the sight or thought of.

BASTARDLY: behaving in the manner of a bastard.

By Nate on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 10:41 am:

BITCHFUCKSUCKSHITFUCKERCOCKDICKFUCK - has many meanings, but most common is along the lines of "hey guys, i just stubbed my toe."

By Margret on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 10:49 am:

Bellicosocial -- the condition of getting rowdy and wanting to get physical with people while drunk...punching shoulders and telling people you're going to "kick their ass" while laughing hysterically at your own inability to do so.
    This is one of my more charming drunken phases.
    I'm never genuinely bellicose or belligerent, I just regress way on back to 6th grade.

By M on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 12:05 pm:

Botherology - 1. the study or science of disturbing others specifically with minor irritations. Exemplified best by performing any one, or a combination, of the following in mixed company: Deliberate breaking of wind, poking and/or wet willy, wearing of foolish hats or other garments, stair-diving, loud singing and playing of instruments. [Latin, from the Greek God Botherus as in "You'd better not Botherus"]

By J on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

bumaholic...someone that comes over to drink your booze,but never brings any themselves,and won,t leave till yours is gone.

By R.C. on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

(giggle)
    This is gonna be too much fun!

Keep it up, guys. I goota big buttload of work on my desk/so I prolly won't be able to get back to this board tonite -- unless I can access it form home after work.

By semillama on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

bobosity (n.)- a condition whereas the person so suffering constantly peppers his speech with references to some obscure joke.

Bubbariffic (Adj.) - something that is so downhome crass that it becomes an objet d'art.

Bunrunner (n.) - any female member of a Fundamentalist Xtian group that insists on wearing her hair tied up in a bun or braid at all times (what we used to call the Apostolic Lutherans back home)

Blindswine (v.) to be taken down a peg in such a matter that you feel like a fool for days later. ex. "i was just getting into my theory about how the orange gunk from Cheetos acts like a tracking device, which should have been obvious to anyone who has their eyes open, when out of nowhere this guy came and blindswined me. Now i realize what a complete jack ass I am."

By Antigone on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 09:20 pm:

Bobnostication (v.) - Spouting silly jokes in a serious voice and thinking one is very funny, but being horribly not. Horribly, horribly not...

By Slacker on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 09:53 pm:

assfucking (n) I gave her a good assfucking for christmas.

By R.C. on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 10:11 pm:

Blindswine has transcended mere mortal Sorabjihood to become a verb.

Blindswine must now be officially recognized as a diety & be fittingly worshipped by all Sorabjians wherever he goes. (Which cd create substantial bartabs for those of you living in NY.)

You realize, Sem, that he will be completely insuffably after this/don't you? And it's all yr fault!

I'm sure he's out shopping for a cult headquarters bldg. right now...

By Gee on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 12:11 am:

I can't see Swine as a god. if he were, he would know better than to associate with the likes of us.

Mark is a god. Swine is just a bad little piglet.

BUMBLESHOOT - created when my friend Lisa misunderstood someone's usage of the word "bumbershoot". I'm not sure of it's exact meaning...it's usually used as a substitute for "damn" for those who are incredibly geeky, or in the same way the Smurf's used to use the word "smurf" (smurfy, smurferiffic, smurfitootie, etc.)

BUTTSTICKER - this might already be a word. it's the type of person who stays waytooclose to you when you go out and everytime you turn around they're right on top of you.

I had an "A" word too:

ACH - the noise a disgruntled scotsman makes.

By heather on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 12:19 am:

a bad little piglet

ha

just a bad little piglet

By Weasleandlorin on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 10:37 am:

Can we enter a late 'a' word, it's a little shitty but it is actually a word:
    aquidextrious:being able to turn on the bath tap with both feet.
    i swear to god it's a real word, not very interesting admittedly but i thought i'd share it with u b/c i'm excessively bored.
    OK- 'B'WORDS:
    Bitch- i don't know if you ppl will have heard of this one, it's in frequent use over here in england.
    bear: big and hairy
    bare: to be naked, and not hairy.(hopefully)
    bullshit:shit of the bull variety.
    boot:a rather large shoe.
    brownie:this is a tricky one. for a million dollars is it:
    a)a little girl dressed up in culottes?
    b) a tasty snack enjoyed world wide?
    c)someone of the asian variety?
    you can phone a friend, take 50/50 or ask the audience?what's it to be ay????
    ok that's all for now, try and learn these little blighters, i'll be testing u next time hahaha

By Slacker on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 10:40 am:

that's as much of a word as floccinoccinihilipilification is

By crimson on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 11:10 am:

bloodfuck: (1) an act of incest. (2) an act of screwing someone over royally ("by god, i'm going to bloodfuck the little bastard").

braph: the sound emitted by a bagpipe when suddenly stomped upon.

bungsnuggler: a world-class asskisser.

By Markus on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 11:13 am:

What the hell is a bumbershoot?

By M on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 11:39 am:

bumbershoot=umbrella

By J on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

bumshoot....where the poo comes out.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:55 pm:

bumbershoot=an arts festival in seattle with huge crushing crowds of people.

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 04:25 pm:

Weasel: The Sorabji Dictionary needs made-up words. We can't take credit for 'bitch'. We need words created by the folks here/so we won't have to haggle over ownership issues. (Witness the entire EHF debacle. Swine has the copyright & he wants $5000/month for usage in any print medium -- inc. t-shirts & underwear!)

By Nate on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 04:51 pm:

"I can't see Swine as a god. if he were, he would know better than to associate with the likes of us. "

You seen him around here recently?

By Spider on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

Are we on the Cs yet?

I humbly submit for your approval:

CRACKETY (adj.) [krak'-i-tee] -- old, about to fall apart (this is used specifically in reference to people; it is a combination of the words "crotchety" and "rickety.")

CROLL (v.) [crole] -- to abase oneself whilst seeking a mate (combination of "crawl" and "troll")

CORK (n.) [kork] -- someone who is embarrassingly dumb. (This word, possibly offensive, comes from the name "Corky," a character on that show whose name I forget but whose cast also included Kelli Martin...you know the one I'm talking about? Corky had Down's syndrome. My brother coined the word, so blame him.)

By J on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 05:36 pm:

cuntagious: nypho slut with s.t.d and sleeps with anybody and everyone.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 06:44 pm:

Conniessence: (n) The amount of sheer kick-ass possesed by a woman, measured in Dobbs-waves.

Cornholiosis Effect: (n) the embarassement suffeered whenever someone nearby starts to do a "Beavis & Butthead" impression.

"Don't just beat a dead horse, beat the HELL out of it." -J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, cantilevericus 13:8

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 06:54 pm:

!!!!CUNTAGIOUS!!!

Can't hardly wait to use that one!

By Weasleandlorin on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 10:30 am:

R.C- We're guessing you come from America as you don't seem to understand the concept or sarcasm- here's a little example for you:
    'My God are you telling me we DIDN'T invent the word bitch? all these years we thought we did and now you tell us we didn't- the shock- the horror
    we're sooo hurt!'
    are you going to put boot in to the dictionary- we're particularly proud of that one :]

By agatha on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 11:54 am:

there's no sarcasm in america? why i had no idea!

By Nate on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 12:10 pm:

news to me, too!

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 12:20 pm:

what's sarcasm?

By J on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

cuntankerous:a really cranky bitch

By J on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 02:33 pm:

Forgot one for the A,s....assmaximus....a really,really,really,big,butt.Or a person who is a total dick.

By Weasleandlorin on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 04:05 pm:

nope- u guys obviously have no idea about sarcasm if that's the best u can come up with, come on.... be real vindictive- J exercise your right to 'cuntankerousery'!!! and lay some sarcasm on us :]:]

By R.C. on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 04:32 pm:

I was born & raised in America.

But I've learned from experience that "sarcasm" doesn't usually translate well to the boards. No one can 'hear' yr tone in a post.

Plus/foreigners have a very different sense of sarcasm than we do in the States.

And I find it odd that someone like you (Whom I've never interacted w/before/to my knowledge)wd choose to show up here & choose to get sarcastic w/me when I'm just trying to get some goofy words out of my fellow Sorabjians.

Whatever...

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

now THAT'S sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By agatha on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 05:26 pm:

we just don't care to come up with anything better. it's too much work.

By J on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

I,m a bit busy now myself,two real hot guys in real white coats are here right,they have a special coat just for me.RCyurly...don,t tangle with R.C.:)

By Sigmoid Froid on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

Cephalophallic[adj]-self explanatory

By J on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 12:59 am:

The coat wasn,t fur and it had some real tacky buckles on it,not really my style,but I had really great room service.

By Gee on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 01:41 am:

Cephalophallic is Not self explanitory. Someone explain it to this self?

By J on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 01:49 am:

I really like British wit,they are the same,but the U.K.,s are more subtle,where as we Americans are more in your face.Ab Fab is me and Czarina.except we are both a combo of the two (We both favor Patsy).Are you being served?Does it matter where we live?Doesn,t most of us have relatives like this?The good,the bad,the ugly?

By heather on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 02:10 am:

some thoughts, gee...

Main Entry: en·ceph·a·li·tis
    Pronunciation: in-"se-f&-'lI-t&s
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural en·ceph·a·lit·i·des /-'li-t&-"dEz/
    Date: 1843
    : inflammation of the brain

and (we all know this of course)....

Main Entry: phal·lus
    Pronunciation: 'fa-l&s
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural phal·li /'fa-"lI, -"lE/; or phal·lus·es
    Etymology: Latin, from Greek phallos penis, representation of the penis; probably akin to Latin flare to blow -- more at BLOW
    Date: circa 1613
    1 : a symbol or representation of the penis
    2 : PENIS

and just out of curiosity-

Main Entry: 1blow
    Pronunciation: 'blO
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): blew /'blü/; blown /'blOn/; blow·ing
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English blAwan; akin to Old High German blAen to blow, Latin flare, Greek phallos penis
    Date: before 12th century

so then-
    penis on the brain?

oops-

Main Entry: cephal-
    Variant(s): or cephalo-
    Function: combining form
    Etymology: Latin, from Greek kephal-, kephalo-, from kephalE
    : head <cephalad> <cephalopod>

well then

it's just dick head (or head of the dick or something)

By J on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 02:11 am:

bulimbitch:some ho who just spewed your $50.00 dinner down the toilet and then won't go home with you cause she,s sick.But I,m not one to gossip,so you didn,t hear it from me.

By Weasleandlorin on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 10:29 am:

may we submit some more words for u'r approval(look sharp laurie lee fans):
    -cheesebutler:one with awesome capabilities to annoy or at the other end of the spectrum, awesome capabilities of dudeship- eg, R.C is a cheesebutler- u decide which meaning.
    J/K don't get mad :]:]:]
    corinised-REALLLLLLY twisted and mentally submissive as in not evolved, in honor of Mr Corin Segar. hahaha,now he's internationally acclaimed as a freak!!!!!!justice is served!!!!!!

ok that's all folks, enjoy!!!!!!!

By J on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 11:15 am:

Weasleandlorin you are a trip:) cheapistated:someone who won,t part with a penny,usually alone,can be found anywhere that is free.

By Nate on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 12:07 pm:

castorheadpussy: i don't know what this means. rev. dktr sem help us.

By cyst on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 04:35 pm:

hey, I played at bumbershoot one year. we had the biggest venue and the worst timeslot, so we didn't have any problem with huge crushing crowds of people, though. ok, the real problem is that no one wanted to see us. except my folks.

the promo postcard (I'm the girl with the hair in her face, of course):

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/DownsizeDr/hallter/bumbershoot.html

By R.C. on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 04:40 pm:

Oooooh J -- that's not nice! (Funny/but not nice.) The Bulimic lurkers will be after you.

I have a new word:

CLEETONIAN: any manner of speech or behavior commonly found among Whitetrash hillbillies on acid.

By semillama on Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 06:53 pm:

castorheadpussy (n): A venereal disease of unspeakable horror.

By agatha on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:55 am:

is that steve fisk from pigeonhed?

By cyst on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 02:58 am:

yeah.

By cyst on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:06 am:

he produced a bunch of screaming trees albums, nirvana, beat happening, negativland, etc. and he's been in pell mell and pigeonhed.

I got to be in the band because they wanted a striking young woman on the stage.

the other chick from the band is now a man.

tonight I tried to learn how to play "round and round" by ratt on bass. it was fun.

By cyst on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:10 am:

skipping ahead to f, my old boss used to talk about how annoying, stressful things would "flustrate" him.

By Weasleandlorin on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 09:14 am:

J-is that a good thing ????that we're a trip??? we r unaccustomed to u'r strange west atlantican terminology and normally that means weird so r u insulting us :[:[:[

By J on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 09:49 am:

No,it,s a complement....I like to trip:)

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 10:45 am:

speaking of cheese metal, for any of you interested in horrible music of yesteryear such as LA Guns or Eddie Money and Rick Springfield, they are playing this weekend in this culturally dynamic shithole i live in

By M on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:03 am:

I'd frankly rather see Eddie Munster and Dusty Springfield

By J on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:41 am:

Patrick,you,ve mentioned the velvet underground,s white light,white heat before,I,m listening to the Mike Flowers version now,it would crack you up.Hey Dusty was good,may she rest in peace.

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 11:44 am:

who is Mike Flowers?

By Patrick on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 12:23 pm:

By J on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

The photographer I knew in L.A.,his name was Sam Emmerson,he had a huge stand up cardboard picture of Rick Springfield in his living room,he had done the album cover,Rick was all in white.I miss Sam.Mike Flowers is just a trip,trust me.I can,t wait till I can make my own C.D.,s I,d send you a mix.And those 2 songs I posted about Texas,that was from a Album I have the guy has a guitar shaped like a toilet seat,and those were two of the cleaner songs,it was banned.I was surprised that nobody said anything about it.

By J on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

oldhackasauras.....bands that should stop touring.

By semillama on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

now we're getting out of order. We still have 8 more C's to go. Here's a couple:

Critterwax: to use your small furry dog as a mop.

cough lights: those light dancing sparks you sometimes see after a particularly violent round of coughing.

By Czarina on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 12:50 am:

Cocksidious-----a relentless male member.

By R.C. on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 04:13 am:

SEM! Critterwax was downright mean!
    Then again/I can't think of any better use for small dogs...

Czarina, Cocksidious is Perfect for those guys who never seem to come/no matter what you do to them.

By NZAngel on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

Someone emailled these to me a while ago, but they seem to fit here.

Latest terms to add to your vocabulary in the late 90s office environment:

Blamestorming
    Sitting around in a group discussing why a deadline was missed or a
    Project failed and who was responsible.

Seagull Manager
    A manager who flies in, makes a lot of noise, poos over everything and
    then leaves.

Salmon day
    The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get
    screwed and die in the end.

Chainsaw consultant
    An outside expert brought in to reduce the employee head count, leaving
    the brass with clean hands.

CLM
    Career Limiting Move - Used among microserfs to describe ill-advised
    activity. Trashing your boss while he or she is within earshot is a
    serious CLM. (Also known as CLB - Career Limiting Behaviour)

Adminisphere
    The rarefied organisational layers beginning just above the rank and file.
    Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are often profoundly
    inappropriate
    or irrelevant to the problems they were designed to solve.

Dilberted
    To be exploited and oppressed by your boss. Derived from the experiences
    of Dilbert, the geek-in-hell comic strip character. "I've been dilberted
    again. The old man revised the specs for the fourth time this week."

Flight Risk
    Used to describe employees who are suspected of planning to leave the
    company or department soon.

Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error message "404 Not
    Found", meaning that the requested document could not be located. "Don't
    bother asking him... he's 404, man."

Ohnosecond
    That minuscule fraction of time in which you realise that you've just made
    a BIG mistake.

Percussive Maintenance
    The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to
    work again.

Prairie Dogging
    When someone yells or drops something loudly in a "cube farm" (an office
    full of cubicles) and everyone's heads pop up over the walls to see what's
    going on.

Arsemosis
    The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by
    kissing up to the boss.

By R.C. on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 11:55 pm:

Those were good!

Esp. Ohnosecond & 404.

Hope no one has the copyright on them yet...

By J on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 09:47 am:

I like Arsemosis cause nobody likes a brown noser.

By Inbox on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 10:41 am:

new here...something for the office vocabulary
    LBM -- where i am, this is an acronym for diarrhea (loos bowel movement) lately, since the lbm excuse has been used and abused by those who need an excuse to cover up for job interviews durinf official time. alternate meaning is now looking for better management...

anyways, do acronyms deserve places in a dictionary?

By Inbox on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 10:48 am:

ickyfying--(adj.)something truly terrifying with the added sensation of producing a barf-like reaction, as opposed to just plain unadulterated terror which suspends gastro-intestinal (and possibly other systems as well) activities.

By R.C. on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 04:42 pm:

LBM certainly deserves a place in the dictionary. It sounds so much better than The Squirts.

Ickyfying looks sooo weird when you type it out. That's a 1st-class Sorabjian word. Thanks InBox.

By Visitor on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

Hello, normally not a visitor, just poking around.

But I would like to add something about cephalophallic.

I'm pretty sure a cephalopod is a squid, so cephalophallic = squid phallus. Always used as an adjective, different meanings for guys and girls.

Guys: descriptive of his member (you figure out what this actually means!)

Girls: "She's freakin cephalophallic!" Extreme slut. Would put anything down there, up to and including a live squid.

By semillama on Sunday, March 12, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

cephalo pod = head foot.

so it would have to be cephalopodophilia to acquire that meaning.

By Visitor sigh on Sunday, March 12, 2000 - 05:32 pm:

Wasn't claiming what I said was correct, or that what you guys were saying wasn't (if you want to be technical, you win), I was just proposing another meaning for the word that is sort of appropriate.

I guess picking a name like visitor was pretty dumb since I posted like 4 messages. Well, if I ever return again I'll be cephalopod.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, March 12, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

I like how cephalophallic-for-girls manages to sound intellectual and Valley-esque all at the same time. Very nice.

Ickifying must be a synonym for disgusticating.

DISGUSTICATING (adj.) -- something that simultaneously horrifies and angers you to such a degree that your stomach clenches and you either hurt yourself or the nearest bystander in order to rid yourself of the blinding emotional turmoil that has seized your innards/brain. Or you let out a scream and then burst into tears while tearing something, anything, apart with your hands. At any rate, you get visibly upset and something gets destroyed.

By Inbox on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 03:47 am:

Rhiannon, right on.
    thanks RC. you have provided me an excuse and inspiration to stop the office b.s. and get on with the better things

such as a new word?

how about cleanical?
    cleanical

(n) 1) any dirt reduction susbstance that doesnt have medicinal claims to it nor cosmetic nor therapeutic (ex. plain generic soap w/o brands)

(another noun) 1) a menial worker who does the cleaning chores

By Jina on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 12:01 pm:

Cornfused- 1. Of being confused. So confused you're cornfused, at a higher level. Relating to scientific activities. 2. The nuclear desktop fusion of radioactive corn.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact