margret's getting married

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: margret's getting married
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

i thought i would be the one.

damnit.

all i have now is the memories.

margret hanging out of my sunroof, breasts blowing in the wind, swinging her bra about like a lasso and singing cowboy songs at the top of her lungs as we drove recklessly all over northern california.

the booze. the drugs. the bank heists.

yea, i may have not have margret, but i will always have the memories.

and the polaroids.

By J on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

Margret congradulations!!! Feel free to tell us all about it:)

By Markus on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

We demand confirmation. And Polaroids.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 01:55 pm:

hell she was just expressing insecurity over being the 2nd best lover.

nate is toying with us again.......

By Margret on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:02 pm:

I am getting married in August.

You are all invited.

I am not kidding.

Being the less-than-best lover is something I can live with, believe it or not.

Because, you know, I didn't say he was the best either.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

congratulations, margret, really.

but you should confirm the above so i don't have to post the polaroids.

By Margret on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

I thought Nate would be the one, too.

I guess the plane tickets got lost in the mail.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:08 pm:

ok, WOW!

you know we can't always take nate at face value...

CONGRATULATIONS MARGRET!

BEST WISHES!

do really want US at your wedding?

By Markus on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

(She was just being polite, Patrick.)

Congratulations, Margret.

By Margret on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:14 pm:

I AM NOT KNOWN FOR MY POLITESSE.

You are all, actually, welcome at my wedding.

By Markus on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:17 pm:

Sounds ill-advised to me. I wouldn't invite me to my own wedding. (Which, come to think of it, may be the reason it didn't come off.)

By J on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

Well speak for yourself Markus,I can pass for human in public,if I want to,I,ll even watch my language.Just remembered the time some guy said to me"You,re such a pretty girl,too bad you have such a potty mouth". "Fuck you",I told him.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

my girlfriend taught me to eat frenchfries one at a time. i don't, but she is right.

i think i might marry her.

you know, since margret is now not a prospect.

where's the wedding going to be?

By Margret on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:36 pm:

Just DON'T take the left on your way to PIZZZZZZZMO beach.

Albuquerque.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

Albuquerque would be a left on the my way to pismo beach.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 03:33 pm:

my friend Will is getting married in 3 days. I didn't get an invite, so I am not going. For some reason, I have this odd hang-up about going to weddings if I don't get an actual physical invitation. I guess I need proof I was invited in case I am challenged about being there. What a strange hang-up, and I have no idea why I have it.

So, Margret, tell us more. Who asked who? Give us the bloody little details.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 03:47 pm:

margret, don't you remember me asking you to marry me last year? i meant that!

i could only hope to find a male version of you. or another female version of you. either way.

am i gushing? it's just that i think so highly of you.

and now i guess i know why you had that extended absence from sorabjiland.

well, i'll definitely go to your wedding. it might be the perfect excuse for a full-on sorabjifest. i mean, it'll be hot too, so we'll all have an excuse to get naked.

and weddings mean free liquor, right?

what more do we need.

(congrats and best wishes. mmmwah!)

By sarah on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 03:49 pm:

goddamn. marge is getting hitched. wow.

it'll take me time to get used to this.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 04:08 pm:

Yay, Margret!

(Wedded bliss isn't going to make you go all soft, is it?)

By Margret on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

Uh.
    No.

By Isolde on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

Congrats. May you...er...live long and prosper in your nuptial life.

By simon on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 11:00 pm:

I should have known something like this was about to happen... the Sonoma County DA's office just squeezed the first child support payment out of my ex in over five years. Must have something to do with planetary alignment.

Congratulations, Margret. I guess now all my fantasies will have to include grabbing my boots and diving out the window before he gets through the door.

By Gee on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 03:56 am:

You're not pregnant, are you?

Just kidding. Congratulations Margret. I hope it goes great.

do you need a toaster?

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 08:56 am:

Congratulations Margaret!!!

Can't believe you are doing this in spite of all the 'prospects' in sorabjiland and the advise of the married folk in here.

Do you have a mantle for this lava lamp I have been trying to get rid of?

Well done !!!!!!!!!!!

By semillama on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

I have always dreaded getting my friends gifts for their weddings, usually because I have no idea what to get them as a couple. I now think I may just stick to finding small pieces of weird art. I may use the Archie McPhee catalog in the future to select wedding present s for my friends. Has anyone else had the same problem?

By Margret on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

Umm, I always get people spice racks. With a couple of standard spices in funky hand-labelled bottles.

By Patrick on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

wine is always a good gift

By J on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 03:33 pm:

If I really can,t think of what to get someone,cash comes in handy,then they can get whatever they wan,t with it.I still have the same crock-pot that I got when I married,I have a roast in it now,that was one of the best things I got in the long run.

By R.C. on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 05:56 pm:

Waitaminute!

Margret: Is this the guy you've known for 2 or 3 yrs. & used to be best friends with who said his ex was the best lay he ever had?

Or is this someone else?

Or are you really marrying Nate & just wanna fuck w/all our heads? Becuz I *will* have to fight you for Natorious.

We want pictures, dammit! Of yr fiance/& of you in Nate's car w/no top.

And why was Nate the 1st to know anyway?

By Margret on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 06:12 pm:

Because Nate apparently reads the WAYD board and noone else does?

This is my best friend whose ex was his best, yes. And there's a lot more to that than my whinging leads one to believe. Suffice it to say, though, that I think men enjoy sex in a relationship directly proportional to how insane the partner is. But that isn't who they want to spawn with.

Anyway.

Yep.

By Nate on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 06:13 pm:

jesus RC. because of the conspiracy, of course.

By moonit on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 06:57 pm:

Congrats Margret !!!!!!

By cyst on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

all the best, m.

I want to see pictures.

By agatha on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 10:05 pm:

wow. give me a minute.

By semillama on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 11:44 pm:

See what happens if you ignore WAYD? I thikn Margret probably has a point with her idea about the quality of sex being in inverse proprtion to level of sanity, it sounds familiar.

By semillama on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 11:48 pm:

I would like to add that Margret's point applies as much to women as it does to men.

By cyst on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 10:26 am:

I had a sorabji.com dream last night. it was terrifying.

I really wanted to see the recent posts on the wayd board. but they were kept in black binders in a haunted crypt guarded by a half-human/half-demon man (you know, like the villain in any stephen king novel).

there were other people, one of whom I think was margret. would she have been driving an old volkswagen, would she have been the brave one?

at one point I woke up, and even though I was really tired I stayed up until I was sure that I wouldn't just slip back into that dream.

By Nate on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 11:05 am:

who was the half-human/half-demon man?

By Margret on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 11:41 am:

Mark Thomas, duh.

Unless the demon part was, well, porcine?

By J on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 12:53 pm:

I thought might be the checkered demon.

By Spider on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 04:37 pm:

That's okay, Nate. You'll always be half-human/half-demon to me. :Þ

By Nate on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

woo hoo!

now don't go run off and get engaged. i don't think i could deal with so many of my dreams being crushed in so little time.

By R.C. on Sunday, January 23, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

Well, looks like YOU had the last laugh after all!
    And now/you'll have plenty of time to practice having insane sex.

What did yr Mom say? Was she thrilled?

And yr Dad's not coming to the wedding/is he?

My Best Wishes to you, Marvelous Margret. It's not something that's ever wandered thru the minefield of my mind/but of all the Sorabjites I've come across in the last 3 yrs/you are definitely the smartest & the sanest & the most likely to have a great marriage. (Except for Dave & Agatha -- *IF* they ever get arond to tying the knot.) You've got the goodies to make a first-rate wife. Becuz you take no shit from anyone & know how to keep a man on his toes. (Or his knees/depending on yr mood.) Here's hoping he deserves & adores you.

Now/for the pertinent questions:
    1. Post a picture of the future hubby. pls! So we can all ooh & ahh & become morbidly jealous.

2.Tell us exactly how he proposed to you. Every deatil. Omit nothing. Where/when/how/& if there was the traditional ring presented/what does it look like?

3. Er, what's his name again? And what's he do?

4. Have you set a date yet? And what sort of wedding are you planning -- traditional w/bridesmaids & flower girls & all that? New Age w/lots of candles & an outdoor ceremony? Rock & roll w/live music & lots of booze & dancing?

5. Have you met his Parental Units yet? Or did you already know them?

I wdn't dream of showing up in person/but I'd really like to send a gift. (I adore shopping for wedding presents. Esp. when it's for 2 people you haven't actually met -- such a challenge!)

Congrats once again, Margret!

By semillama on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

But if there happens to be a coincidal sorabjifest, you better show up, R. C.

Although Margret may have second thoughts about that.

By sarah on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 02:09 pm:

so margret, the time is drawing nigh. how's it going so far? are we still all invited? have details been worked out.

if you think i've forgotten, it's now obvious i have not. i hope you and your fiancee are doing well and getting fired up to get hitched.

so what's the scoop?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 08:26 am:

Hmm...looking as though the finances/personal situation will not allow a cross-country trek this fall. I thik I will be staying pretty well put in the Midwest unitl about March or so.

By Margret on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:37 am:

Well, then, I'll just belay my plan to fix you up with my friend Julie, Sem. I was going to see if they would take you along to the Hopi and Navajo reservations in Eastern Arizona when they (my friends Julie & Scotty & Bunny) went. Oh, well. She's probably not your type anyway.

By Margret e. bailey on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:59 am:

HERE'S THE SPECS:

Saturday, October 21st, at my house in Albuquerque, from 8-12 p.m.
    Costumes optional.
    If you REALLY want to come and aren't just jerking my chain, email me at stegmosaurus@yahoo.com
    Thanks for your support.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact