What do you do if yr cat has developed Psychic Powers?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: What do you do if yr cat has developed Psychic Powers?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By R.C. on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 07:15 am:

This was freakin' weird...

I put Six to bed hours ago. Yes/I am one of those people who infantalizes their cat. When I'm thru watching t.v. downstairs & I I'm ready to come ustairs for the nite/I check the doors/adjust the thermostat/turn off the t.v. & the lights. Then I carry Six upstairs to my bed. And I brush her for a little while/then once she's curled up on her pillow & ready to fall asleep/I go into the computer room to write or surf of listen to CD's.

But lately/when I'm shutting off the t.v. & stuff/she gets up from wherever she is & waits at the bottom of the steps for me. As if to say "So, c'mon already!". And she bounds up the stairs ahead of me/hops on the bed & assumes the position to be brushed.

She did that tonite. But I was watching "All About Eve" in my room/so I didn't leave to get on my computer right away.

Now/I got up from the bed several times. Once to use the loo. Once to go downstairs & get something to drink. Once to get a book I'd left in the other upstairs bathroom. And Six didn't budge.

Then/when I'd decided to go & get online/just as I stood up/Six woke up/jumped off the bed & walked into the computer room -- ahead of me.
    Parked her butt on the floor next to me/stayed there for abt an hour/then went back to bed.

Then/abt 15 min. ago/she started playing wildcat -- running into the room/richocheting off the wall & running out again. Which she does when she wants my attention/or for me to come to bed.

But I was finally able to get into the boards/so I ignored her. And finally/she sat down right in front of my hardrive & looked me dead in the face & meowed at me (trans: "Enough already -- let's go!")

And I looked down at her & said "Not right now. I'll be done in a little while." (Yes/I do talk to my cat. And she understands me.)

And the next thing I know/Six stared at my hardrive. Really intensely. And suddenly the lights in the room flickered for a second.

And my computer crashed! And I had to sign on again just to post this. (And yes/I have a surge protector.)

Izzat weird/or what? Anyway/I'm going to bed now/before Six learns how to fry my hardrive completely.

By Nate on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 10:39 am:

nica has been demonstrably psychic in the past.

we often talk mentally.

By Isolde on Saturday, February 5, 2000 - 03:30 am:

My cats are having hot gay sex on the kitchen floor as I write this. I don't know if that counts as being psychic.

By semillama on Saturday, February 5, 2000 - 04:29 pm:

Only if one of them is in the living room and astrally projecting itself into the kitchen.

By Nate on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 10:30 am:

that would be asstrally (hot gay sex)

By Patrick on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 12:19 am:

I don't think he was. My cats have large sexuality/identity issues. They're both asleep right now, otherwise they'd be censoring this.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 12:27 am:

I think they were projecting themselves into Patrick's anus around lunchtime...

By Gee on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:32 am:

I can't thank you enough for that mental image.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:49 am:

No charge.

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:56 am:

You know, if my cats could do that...I'd have to kick them out. they could earn their keep.

By J on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:05 am:

Where is the humanity?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact