Remembering Peanuts & Charles Schulz: 11/26/22 - 2/13/00.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Remembering Peanuts & Charles Schulz: 11/26/22 - 2/13/00.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Peaceful Dragon on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 09:12 am:

Linus was my favorite Peanuts character. Becuz he was sweet & insecure & always knew the right thing to say at the most difficult moment. And becuz he carried a blanket & sucked his thumb. (I sucked my thumb til I was almost 10. And ended up having to get braces!)

Schroeder was my 2nd favorite. Becuz he was the only one who cd put Lucy in her place. Good grief, she was annoying! Even for a cartoon character.

Which Peanuts characters were your favorites?

By Rhiannon on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 11:10 am:

I liked good ol' Charlie Brown. The poor boy was always being disappointed. I liked the strips where he is lying in his bed at night thinking deep thoughts and a voice answers him cheekily. And now he'll never be able to fly his kite without it getting eaten or kick the football without Lucy pulling it away.

I also liked Snoopy, his brother Spike, and Linus. He'll never get to see the Great Pumpkin, either.

Now I'm sad.

By semillama on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

Linus, because he was deep beyond his years. I also had a security blanket.

By heather on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 03:40 pm:

no offense to you all but i could not stand peanuts.

i don't know why- i didn't even want to hear the song. those round-headed kids.

whining, things going wrong.

maybe because everyone else liked it so much- snoopy and all.

By agatha on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

woodstock. and charlie brown, of course. did charles schultz die today? how sad.

By cyst on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 07:44 pm:

I liked marcy and peppermint patty, the little dykes.

By agatha on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

oh yeah, who could forget. i love them both too.

By Markus on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 10:56 pm:

I couldn't stand Peanuts either. The upside is that it taught me the word banal. Go ahead, call me a monster.

By heather on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

good. i was starting to feel bad.

By moonit on Sunday, February 13, 2000 - 11:13 pm:

Monsters!

I loved Charlie Brown. Life's loser. I always felt sorry for him cause he never got any valentines cards and Snoopy got heaps.

By J on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 09:28 am:

I feel so sorry that he died on Sat.and his final strip ran on Sunday morning and the headline said he died.Even though she was blonde,I named Heather after the little red headed girl Charlie always had the hots for.I loved Fleetwood,named my bird after him.

By Fetid on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 10:20 am:

Every day another one drops...I'm feeling older by the minute. Time Life's Classic Rock Collection.

What do you mean "Classic"? It seems like just yesterday those songs were on the radio! I'm going back to bed, wake me when I'm dead.

By Patrick on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 11:42 am:

i am with heather and markus, wtf? i liked it as a kid, sorta, at least it was colorful, i wouldn't say it was a *funny* comic strip. otherwise, it was a drag. who read it anyway? the circumstances of his croak are pretty weird.

come to think of it,does anyone find the sunday funnies, in the paper, FUNNY?

By semillama on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 12:53 pm:

If they have Mr. Boffo, I do.

By J on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

I like Redmeat

By Patrick on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

i do to, and life in hell, but those are printed in the alternative weekly paper, not the sunday LA times

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

Don't forget Lynda Barry.

By semillama on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 06:23 pm:

or P. S. Mueller.

By mistaswine on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 07:24 pm:

By mistaswine on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

my mom used to call me "pigpen" when i was a little kid cuz i was such a slob.

how appropriate.

By Isolde on Monday, February 14, 2000 - 11:30 pm:

The peanuts strip got really wierd towards the end...I really didn't understand it anymore. It was sad.
    I guess.
    I never really aadored it either.
    Oh well.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 15, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

The Boondocks is probably the best new comic strip in a long time. McGruder has great biting wit. I keep forgetting you can read the comics on-line nowadays.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact