??? of the day

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: ??? of the day
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sheila on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

Apropos of nothing, I swear, it would be interesting to hear your responses to the following:

What is the oldest, or the youngest, person you would like to, or can imagine comfortably/enthusiastically/actually, having sex with? Please express the answer in terms of years between your and the other person's age, i.e., if you are 24 and the answer is 44 and 14, it would be +20 and -10. Or, conversely, it could be -20 and +0-3. Do not include obvious exceptions to the general rule, such as Tina Turner or Sean Connery.

Let's just say I'm taking a survey and the statistics will be used for scientific purposes.

I'm not giving my numbers, until I see what yall have to offer.

Thanks,

By semillama on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 09:42 pm:

Glad to helps!

I am currently 27, but soon to be 28, so let's just say 28 for the argument.

put me down for -10 ( and that's pushing it) and +12.

If were for relationships, it would be a narrower range.

By Sheila on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 10:02 pm:

In this study, relationships not inclusive of sex don't count. Having sex with can mean any kind of whatever you define as sexual activity, and frequency is not a factor. It could be once, or every day, doesn't matter. What matters is the image that is the absolute limit for you.

Llama, I am assuming that when you narrow the range for a relationship you do so because you would be more generous/adventurous on an experimental but not continuing basis. Or is your discrimination, and I use the word advisedly but not in a bad way, because of other considerations such as reproductive age, etc?

Am I going to be sorry I asked? ah, sorabjiland...

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 10:06 pm:

Um, being 24, It would be -6 (pushing it) and +I don't know...10 or so...

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 10:46 pm:

I'm 21. -1 and +39.

I just discovered that one of my professors who I thought was mightily attractive and magnetic is 57. That's why my upper limit is so high. And I really dislike teenaged boys.

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 10:52 pm:

I guess I would go higher on my upper end. It's just that I hate so much those potbellied tobacco smoking irritating old men like my father was when I lived with him, and so I kind of have a negative image, I suppose. I guess I would go well up into 40's, though.

By Gee on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 11:57 pm:

-2 and +20

there are some special cases on either end of the scale, but you asked for general, so thereitis.

By Peaceful Dragon formerly R.C. on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 12:59 am:

Greetings, Sheila! Had to see you're still amongst the living. And not sleeping outside w/the ducks/one wd hope.

At 39/the youngest man I'd be willing to have sex w/wd be -4. I have no interest in knocking boots w/guys under 35 at this point. (Except/of course/for Nate. But Natorious shall always be the exception to my every rule.) The Age Difference is a lot of what is still keeping me out of bed w/The Chef. Well, that & Other Stuff.

The oldest wd be +20. 2 decades my senior is pretty much the top of the range. Any older than that & it starts to border on fucking yr father.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 01:50 am:

yay Sheila!

i'm 27.

-8, +30

that represents the very outer limitations of my imagination. that's not to say i wouldn't have sex with someone -9 or +31 (or more) given certain unusual circumstances, because you never know. i just can't imagine it.

By Markus on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 10:05 am:

Of course you'll regret it.

-17/+14

By Margret on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 10:51 am:

me=32.
    -17, +20.
    Rock on.

By crimson on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 11:23 am:

-19, +35 (or more). i've got no problem banging 18-year-olds or senior citizens. which could explain my scores on the recent sleaze tests, posted elsewhere.

By J on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 11:46 am:

I,m with Crimson on this one,but I,ve always had a thing for older men even when I was very young.

By Sheila on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 11:47 am:

crimson, it's not necessarily sleazy, unless of course you call it banging. already the numbers are forming a pattern, although not what i visualized. there are no expectations, no correct answers, nothing to prove in this informal exercise. it's interesting that you tell me your own ages, although i didn't ask for that information. now i shall have to correlate the acceptable range of possibilities with the age of the person establishing the outer limits. it may have been a fatal mistake to assume yall are adults. a -8 or +20 answer from a ten year old could really skew the results.

By Patrick on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 11:48 am:

good to see an old man can score.......

me=25

-7, +17

By _____ on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 12:05 pm:

±10

By J on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 12:23 pm:

I look alot younger than I am,when I use to hang out at that bar alot of really young guys would try to pick me up.I,d tell them I don,t babysit,but to be perfectly honest I was often tempted,but everyone knew me there and I was afraid of the gossip.

By Patrick on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

it's women like you J, that i put my ranger where i did......

By semillama on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

narrowing an age range for a relationship for me is mostly the generational context thing.

If I go "beedee beedee beedee beedee" in a monotone and you don't say, "Buck Rogers!"

then we have a problem.

By Margret on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

Tweaky!

By Margret on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

http://www.shelby.net/southerneagle/biosmain.htm

Try this on for size.

Snarf.

I used to pick my lovers by musical taste, but now I pick a range of cultural artifacts they have to at least be familiar with. Age doesn't necessarily preclude that. But these are actual non-flings. For fling purposes, my age range is wider, and I just want to satisfy to criteria:

(1) the person is sufficiently mature to take responsibility for making bad choices as well as good ones (sex can be a bad choice, let's face it).
    (2) the person piques my interest sexually.

By heather on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 01:46 pm:

so much would depend on that person

(and the kids are starting much younger these days)

so maybe 'out of highschool' to, well, how do you put an upper age on it? there is sort of a moral issue with regard to how young someone is- is the upper limit just a measure of attraction possibility?

so for the sake of answering-

-10 +25

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

I guess you won't let me count David Bowie at the top end will you?

I'm 32 and it would be -16 and +17 I think. Though the top of that range would be have to be kind of atypically foxy. But I do know some shaggable n'hip men in their 40's for sure.

For a Relationship it would be more like -4 and +7. I'd rather stick with my own kind.

By cyst on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

the man in this photo is older than my father.

http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/DownsizeDr/hallter/gringo.html

I spent an extra week in zihuatanejo because I had a crush on him. he used to invite me to his room to drink beer, smoke pot, listen to r.l. burnside. he would tell my boyfriend to come along because he shouldn't be trusted alone in a room with me.

+33.

the other way, god, I don't know. -7 or -8?

By agatha on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 09:28 pm:

32. -8, +18.

By Gee on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 02:09 am:

if you're interested in non-sorabji folk, I asked this question of a boy I worked with. he's nineteen and his limit is -1 and +6.

By heather on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 09:29 am:

what if you don't know or don't ask how old someone is?

By Nate on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 11:20 am:

+40

By patrick on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

nate, you would do a 65 year old woman.........?

(....calling all local retirement homes, advising lock-down.....)

i must admit I am amazed that women are more willing to screw someone twice their age....what up with that?

By Nate on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

i'm just a dog. i'll sniff any tree.

By Semillama on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

robert redford
    Harrison Ford
    Sean Connery

etc.

All old, all considered hot by many, many women.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 01:00 pm:

There's plenty of biological/anthropological evidence showing that females go for older men and males go for younger women. No mystery there.

By patrick on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

i don't doubt that, it still amazes me. old men have a funny smell

By Jina on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 06:50 pm:

+5 -0. I'm young, And old men gross me out in that fashion or frame of mind. They look at me when I wear skimpy things. ...It's like seeing pregnant women, that grosses me out a little too.

By Moonit on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 09:07 pm:

-5ish + 15ish
    circumstances depending.

By moonit on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 09:08 pm:

oooh oooh

would it make a difference if the person looked older/younger than they were?

it would for me

By simon on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 10:50 pm:

36 -10/+20

By Gee on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 03:08 am:

I can't believe someone comments on the fact that Nate would sleep with a 65 year old, but not that he'd do it with 15 year old.

you'd better be lying, Nate, or I'll have to kick you around.

By moonit on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 03:55 am:

I did a 15 year old once.

Of course I was 16 at the time.

Isnt that a purity point? Sex with a minor?

By Nate on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 10:34 am:

"I can't believe someone comments on the fact that Nate would sleep with a 65 year old, but not that he'd do it with 15 year old. "

i was wondering about this too.

By Patrick on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 12:02 pm:

i saw it after the fact and decided not to comment.........then he stated he was a dog that would sniff any tree, so that was enough for me.....

(calling all middle and high schools in NoCal, advisign lock-down)

By cyst on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 08:54 pm:

patrick, he was great. he had a new york accent, and at first I thought he was so funny and clever he must be a fag.

I wrote him a letter a year later. I said I had broken up with my boyfriend. he sent me a very long letter back. I wrote him again, saying I had gotten back together with the young man. and I never heard from him again.

but there is a reason I keep checking fares to ixtapa.

he's in his 60s now. I've only ever fucked teens, 20s, 30s.

By agatha on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 02:22 am:

jina, why do pregnant women gross you out? i think i remember getting pissed off when you said this once before, but maybe that was something else.

By Jina on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 03:51 am:

I have nothing against it, if it's for all the right reasons. In fact I'm not a critical person when it comes to appearances. It's a mix of a couple things.

When I see a pregnant woman, the thought that dogs like the smell of pregnant women and piss on them because of it comes to mind.

And the aftermath of the birth, the raising process, the screaming baby, the shit to clean up, the expenses, I'd go nuts. It takes a lot to be able to manage something like that; something I don't have. Not now anyhow, I'm way too young and selfish.

I don't see ballooned women often either, so it looks a little foreign.

I guess you'd take offense since you probly have a great child. But you're probly old enough and well able to manage that.

By agatha on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

no dog has ever pissed on me.

and yes, my child rocks.

By heather on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

agatha-

it pissed me off too- but i didn't know what to say about it

i guess i was thinking- it's not her fault to be so.... unenlightened? 14?

By semillama on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

I wouldn't call her unenlightened or immature. At least she recognizes that pregnancy is not for her. Hopefully she's taking all the precautions to ensure that.

Hell, I don't want to be a father myself (at least not anytime in the next 5-ten years, and by then, I'll be getting too old to be a dad anyway).

By Jina on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

It's my choice. My choice is not going to suit your lifestyle, #1 being that you are not me. I'm 18, you're what, 30? More than half, I expect a lot of differences between our ways of life. Neither being better than the other, but nonetheless you would be a lot more prepared to make that life-altering choice with those motherly, ready to nurture, gotta get stuffed feelings. Or so I would think.

If you were 18 and pregnant I wouldn't help but wonder what was going through your mind at the time. You'd miss out on a lot of opprotunities. You'd be a teenage mom. Pregnancy should NOT sound like a good idea for me at my point in time, nor should it for the thousands of other 18 year old girls who get pregnant each year.

I like to consider myself an enlightened, logical thinker. Maybe our idea of enlightenment is different. I don't know what your idea of enlightenment is Heather, but for me it certainly isn't being on my back, ready to spread in name of Pregnancy.

My choice is not universal, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Pissed off? Someone not wanting a baby or the whole idea of raising one? For shame. I haven't conformed.

By heather on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 06:11 pm:

whoa.

you got it all wrong (i might have as well)

i don't want to be pregnant right now

i'm not and i have never been

i'm not 30

"seeing pregnant women grosses me out" is a completely different statement than "i don't want to be pregnant right now"

pregnant women are beautiful- that's all i meant

By _____ on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

jina, 18 year olds shouldn't be getting pregnant. they also shouldn't be getting married.

By Sheila on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 07:05 pm:

hopeless, fruitless, pointless.

i had wanted to focus and get some data but what was i thinking, this is not a random sampling, it is sorabjiland and the thread once again disintegrates into pissiness and defensiveness.

how many times have i given up already?

elsewhere there is a graphic representation of how the older one gets, the more inclusive the age range of potential sexual partners, without the significant degree of regression on the part of older males and females that i had expected. because of my own bias, which should have no part in scientific investigations. i just decided that after 30 i would never fuck anyone as old as me. it is entirely a shallow, aesthetic physical appearance based thing. middle aged male bodies, with a few spectacular exceptions, are not appealing and no matter what they know how to do, what they have available to do it with counts the most. pleeeeeez, i do not want lists of the exceptions you may have encountered. they are exceptions.

if you can imagine having sex with a sixty year old, even if you are married to that person, well good for you but I can't see it.

what the hell was i thinking?

love you all. fuck the french.

By agatha on Sunday, March 5, 2000 - 08:48 pm:

sheila, i love you.

jina, what heather said.

By Jina on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 11:35 am:

Jesus Christ. For someone to have a different opinion around here is a sin.

By patrick on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 12:06 pm:

i think it's more shock Jina that you would think pregnant women are ugly.....as a woman yourself. I have learned women tend to support each other, especially in a time (for a woman)in which vanity and self image could fall to pieces because her body is going through such a change.

Pregnant women are sexy, however looking at another (i.e not your wife or your mate) pregant women in a sexy manner can be creepy simply because it's not yours.

I find it appealing to think about pregnant women in a animalistic light.......when everyone sees a pregnant women, we stop, open doors, offer help, do anything we can, everyone becomes a nurturer around a pregnant woman, much like a lion pride or any other species would....it's kinda neat to think of that way......although, i would never eat another's baby.

By J on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 12:24 pm:

Sheila,I,m at the point in my life where I,d fuck the crack of dawn if I could get up that early.I really mean this.

By Nate on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 01:36 pm:

i'm with jina. ya'll are bitches.

By patrick on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 01:58 pm:

ohh you be quiet

By Nate on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 02:29 pm:

it's true. jina says she thinks pregnant women look disgusting and the wolfpack jumps on her.

it's her fucking opinion.

you like sushi, boo?

By patrick on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 02:37 pm:

heather&agatha=wolfpack?

i was just trying to offer an explanation as to possibly why some may have been irked. I am neither female nor pregnant, so I could careless.

By J on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

I felt like shit when I was pregnant and I looked it too,come to think about it I will never eat raw fish.

By heather on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:08 pm:

i'm not a bitch

By Nate on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

why should someone be pissed because someone else doesn't like something?

"I don't like the color green"

"WELL YOU FUCKING SUCK! GREEN IS BEAUTIFUL!"

jesu.

By heather on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

sometimes the day just goes like that

equating dirty old men to pregnant women is offensive to me

chill

By Jina on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

It's one thing to realize not everyone's going to share the same opinion. And it's another to be pissed off because someone contradicts your beliefs. I would love to have seen every time either agatha or heather's opinions were contradicted. I realize they think pregnant women are beautiful. Whoop de doo, I'm not pissed off all ready to go. It's not even a big deal, heather and agatha have only chosen to take offense and make it a big deal.

Patrick- I can understand a friend being pregnant and helping her out, I wouldn't want to break her spirit, there's no need for that, but that doesn't mean I have to think she's attractive or beautiful in any respects. If I were pregnant I would know that I wasn't beautiful, I'd be frank with myself, I've ballooned for God's sake, it's not a natural state. It shouldn't be a huge concern. Bringing in life is the importance. I think that is beautiful, we don't really need more of it as it is, but it's beautiful.

By _____ on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

everybody shut up.

who wants a cat? anybody?

By heather on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

apparently i project a lot with very few words

contradict my opinion any day

By Nate on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:40 pm:

you want to mail the cat to me, i'll take it.

pack it in dry ice or something, though. i don't want it stinking.

By _____ on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

the cat must be alive on arrival. what happens after that is not my problem.

By Cletus on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 04:24 pm:

If pregnant wimmen is right purdy, then I reckon I'll hoof on out an' grow me a 50 poun' beer gut an' be the dawgoned-est desuhable thin' yo' haf evah seen. Reckon with a few dozen stretch marks I'll be iresistable.

By Cooter on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 04:53 pm:

Dawgone! Cletus whut in th' hell does yo' knows about pregnant wimmen? Af'er Wanda an' Peggy yo' still ain't got a clue as t'whut makes woomin prenant. Do i need t'remind yo' about diddlin them possums?

Ah sure c'd use a cat. Ah have a posteum problem thet won't hoof it away, not thet Cletus is he'pin' much. Whuffo' thet cat looks like it c'd proteck mah possums. Whutevah yo' does, doesn't send it t'Cletus

By patrick on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

I never said you should think anyway Jina, despite other opinions, please recogize that.

Dave, I predict a difficult time in giving away that that seemingly ball of fuzzy terror.

By Nate on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 05:12 pm:

can you just send me a foot? or a tail?

By semillama on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

If it didn't have the problem with litter boxes, and if I wasn't dead certain it would eat my cat, I'd take it in an instant. I'll let you know if any of my west coast freinds goes for it.

And I thought the Wolfpac was Kevin Nash, Konnan, Lex Luger, and Sting, back in the day.

Whoops, this isn't the wrasslin' forum.

By agatha on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 08:26 pm:

dang, jina, i think you may be overreacting a bit. i just mentioned that i find it slightly offensive for you to say that pregnant women gross you out. i didn't say you weren't entitled to that opinion, or that i didn't like you, or anything of the sort. relax. we are allowed to have differing opinions, you are allowed yours and i am allowed to say that i find it somewhat offensive. peace out.

By Gee on Monday, March 6, 2000 - 11:49 pm:

I can't believe you just said dang. I thought that was a nerd thing. I say dang all the time.

By Isolde on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:41 am:

I would but...I already have two.
    Pregnant women don't disgust me. I'm kind of indifferent about them, unless they're telling me I'm the father. Which, being impossible, would kind of concern me. I guess they're ok.
    I open doors for them, at any rate. And I think the early glow of pregnancy is pretty. Just...after nine months, I'd be tired too.

By J on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:01 pm:

From what I remember I never showed till around 5 months,but after that,I was as big as a whale,I weighed 175 pounds when I was pregnant with Amee,thats 50 pounds more than I usually am.I remember a nurse at the clinic humiliating me in front of all the other people in the clinic after she weighed me.She told me I would have a hard time giving birth because I got so fat.When I finally went into labor,it was 24 hours before I popped her out,found out later I should have had a c-section,but was at the county hospital,so some beginner doctor used forceps.It took three people to hold me down to put that shot in my back,I was so afraid.

By Voot on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

age=26 10/12
    -11 10/12ish +35ish
    they all want it, don't they?

By Jina on Tuesday, March 7, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

Understood. When's the art exchange due? I've only been able to gather about 8 items, only half relating to childhood.

I'm listening to Ahead by a Century by Tragically Hip. It reminds me of you Gee.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 01:08 am:

march fifteenth. we just went to a school meeting at the only public school i want cleo to go to, and they said there was no chance in hell of her getting in. it was depressing.

By heather on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 01:34 am:

if i had a school i would beg for cleo to come

(and it would be a great school)

By Gee on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 02:48 am:

I think you could say I'm tracigally hip. or at least tragic.

I had to walk all over the library today taking a census. I had to stop at every group of desks and mark down which ones were being used. everyone kept giving me suspicious looks but I ignored them and marked my clipboard. It made me feel so powerful.

By J on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 09:06 am:

Agatha,what kind of bullshit were they giving you about not letting Cleo in that school?You have rights that you probably don,t even know about.My daughter Heather,I realized her school wasn,t meeting her needs and got a advocate and the state had to pay for her to go to a private school for kids with learning disabilities,it cost alot,I paid for it out of my own pocket the first year till I found the state HAD TO pay.It was a pain in the ass but it was worth it.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

this school is in really high demand because it is one of two public schools in our area that has an alternative learning environment. i am getting together with some other parents soon to try to form a new program in one of the already existent public schools in our area. it's not the school's fault, it's just that everyone wants their kids to go there, and we don't live in that area. i wish we could afford to keep her at the school she's at, but it's damn expensive. tough luck.

By J on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 05:12 pm:

Couldn,t you use some friends address that lives in the area?

By Naked Bill on Wednesday, March 8, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

-answer to original question-

At 15 my #'s were +4 and +40, now at 30 they are -11 and +25, go figure. Except for that Lolita,
    Alicia Silverstone. xxx

BTW, preggers are beautiful!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact