Have you ever noticed that when you ring a wrong number, it's never engaged?!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Have you ever noticed that when you ring a wrong number, it's never engaged?!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Tricky and Cosmo on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 04:54 am:

Well...have you?

If you have any facts or information on this strange phenomenom, let us know....then we may be able to sleep at night....we've been up for 6 days!! The bags under our eyes are gathering a small assortment of cobwebs and other small creatures homes....Tricky has a bird's nest in her hair...and Cosmo has a small family of caterpillars living in his nose...so you can see...our situation is getting desperate....please help relieve our hell.

HHHEEEEEELLLLLLPPPP

By droopy on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 11:00 am:

i have noticed that when i dial a wrong number, the only way i would know is if someone answered on the other line and identified him/herself as a wrong number. what makes me think that none of the busy signals you've gotten in your life weren't actually wrong numbers?

By Crawford on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

droopy's right.

By Tricky and Cosmo on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

No! There is no way of knowing if the engaged tone is a wrong number, it is impossible to conceive otherwise if a tree falls in the woods and no-one is around, does it make a sound?

By semillama on Friday, April 14, 2000 - 11:43 pm:

There is no such thing as a wrong number, the people you are trying to talk to just fail to be in the place where you are calling to. It's their fault, not yours.

By Tricky and Cosmo on Saturday, April 15, 2000 - 12:12 am:

By semillama on Saturday, April 15, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

I can barely manage to keep up with this place, and taunting adolescent idiots on another, but thanks for asking.

By Heather on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 01:30 am:

i was engaged once

no one i didn't know called to find out

By cyst on Sunday, April 16, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

I bought three telephone in eighteen hours this weekend.

By Margret on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 11:49 am:

Three? Why?

By cyst on Monday, April 17, 2000 - 10:21 pm:

well, friday night I went to a cute little vintage store while waiting for the time to meet some friends for dinner. I wanted to live there. there was just me and the clerk, and he was playing songs like "high hopes," and everything in the store was way cheap. I bought a leopard-print bag for $8, some sexy old pulp novels for $1-3 each, and a pristine little princess phone for $12. he said if it didn't work I could take it back. I haven't yet tried it out, to tell you the goddamn miserable truth.

I already had lots of princess phones. I like them. I guess I collect phones.

then saturday morning I went and got a cordless so I can talk on the phone while I do dishes.

and I noticed that value village was having a half-off-everything sale, so I went in and found one of those sturdy little old boxy phones. a nice white one. it had originally been marked at $4.99, but it had been cut down to $2.99 (presumably because it was missing the curly cord that connects the receiver to the phone). half off that totaled, what $1.50.

I have one phone jack and about 12 phones, about half of which work.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact