the lord and the laundromat

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: the lord and the laundromat
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jay on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 10:05 pm:

I was out riding my bike today and i saw a hubcap leaning against a sign post. I was wondering if it's like common knowledge that if you're walking down the sidewalk and see a hubcap you're supposed to grab it and lean it against a post. I've never done it. if i see a hubcap i just walk right by that bitch. is there like a hubcap fairy who does it? i had a friend in high school whose dad owned a hub cap store. he would go out on sat and sun mornings looking for hubcaps. i always wondered how he did it, but i guess that
    fucking hub cap fairy did half the work for him.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:33 am:

where i live, if someone loses their hubcap, you sell it back to them for 30 bucks and a sniffer.

i'm pretty sure the guys in the apartment above me capped the hubcap fairy last week. i heard some horrible screaming and smelled shoe polish.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:49 am:

a "sniffer" ? what does the hubcap fairy have to do with shoe polish?
    how do you find the person whose hubcap you have. do you personally stand at the post holding it?

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:50 am:

they know where to get their stinkin hubcaps......

the code word is "Marshall Law"

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 10:46 am:

they also smoke "wacky tobaccky" and "left handed cigarettes" in your neck of the woods kalliope.......

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

momma loves her mulletts, yes indeedy.

i swear, the day i use "y'all" as a part of my vocab, i hope one of you has the decency to dismember me or remove my voicebox in some manner i'll never forget.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:35 pm:

whats wrong with ya'll. i use it all the time. along with reckon and yonder and vittles.
    um'um'good.

By K on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:41 pm:

i bet you eat grits and sausage grav-Y too dontcha?

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:03 pm:

I like grits,I'm from the south,are y'all trying to get me riled?

By K on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

i shooo am. shewwwt. dawg best be getting off my lawn, my pops is comin over tonight and we gonna grill out da pato.

ghetto redneck.

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

Well butter my buns and call me a biscuit,then slap some of that white gravey on me,I have to go pick some mustard greens.

By Fuming on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:23 pm:

why is it SOOO funny to make fun of white folks like this, but SOOOO wrong when referring to black folks like this?
    the whole "white trash-redneck" comedy routine is nothing but thinly-veiled classism.
    why's it funny?
    well, ya'll, cuz everyone knows whites ain't trash, and the trash ain't white.

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

heeeeeeelllls yeah.

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:52 pm:

I am white and that is the kind of food I grew up on,fried chicken,mustard and turnip greens,cornbread,black-eye peas.It isn't a black or white thing,it's a southern thing. J's West Virginia Green Beans 1 onion medium chopped 1 tablespoon of oil(or bacon grease) 1 tablespoon of flour 2 cups of green beans 3/4 cup of liquid from beans 1 tablespoon of vinegar 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed, salt and pepper to taste. Brown onion in oil,add flour,stir till brown.Add liquid from beans,vinegar,and celery seed.season with salt and pepper,add beans, heat together.

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 03:54 pm:

or you kin jest go down to da reeever and catch choo some of dem shore monkeys.

yummm.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:17 pm:

i have nevr considered W.VA the south J...do you?

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:20 pm:

I sure as hell do!!!

By droop on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

take me home
    country roads
    to the place
    where i belong
    west virginia
    mountain momma
    take me home
    country roads

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 04:38 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 05:37 pm:

it borders MD and PN, i guess i don't consider that south

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 05:51 pm:

It also borders Kentucky

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 06:07 pm:

It was part of Virginia till 1861,became it's own state in 1863.My family is originated from North Carolina.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:04 pm:

And let us not forget that it borders a tiny bit of Ohio too. Ohio is considered Midwest. Never understood that. If you consider that DC is usually considered the start of the South, then stretch that line west, WV definitely is part of the South. Actually, I consider it more Appalachia, same deal I guess.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

I live in florida and i consider west virginia more southern than where i live in fla. more country might be the better term.
    does country necessarily go hand in hand with southern?
    i had a friend of mine do some charity/volunteer work in w. va. and they told him to be careful of the inbred chicks.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:25 pm:

Probably more a state of mind. And whatever was in the Confederacy (sp?)

By Cat on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 09:43 pm:

If J is from the South, I'm from the deep, deep, deep South. Call me Belle, mate!

By Isolde on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 01:11 am:

Well, Belle cat, shore is a pleasure to meet ya!
    Ok y'all--what's wrong with the South? Other than that those idiots tried to secede and they talk funny and eat gross stuff, that is. I'm sure there are perfectly good people from the south. Some of my best friends...are southern?

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 10:41 am:

funny how these message boards get twisted. usually coming around to topics concerning bodily functions eventually.
    this one will get there eventually.
    but i started this board so i could find out about the hubcap thing.
    methinks it odd. just this morning i saw another one.

By patrick on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

sushi is gross and californians eat that shit up

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

i saw a hubcap leaning against the laundromat behind my house.

i thought of you.

and of jesus, of course.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

as long as you thought of me first.

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:12 pm:

oh but of course.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:15 pm:

maybe boy scout troops go out on saturday mornings looking for hub caps and leaning them up against posts as some sort of good deed duty.
    i used to have an older mustang and my hubcaps would come off all the time. i never once thought of driving around looking for one leaning up against a post.
    i mus' be sum kin' dumbass. i mus ha shit fo ma brains.

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

maybe boy scouts stole the hubcaps off your mustang.

hubcaps help you get chicks you know.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

do tell. what do i do hang one around my neck?
    cause i mean, i'm down with that if chicks dig it.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 04:17 pm:

Yeah, wear it around your neck on a big chain, and walk around in circles chanting "Pie Jesu Domine" and strike yourself on the head with it after the Domine. Chicks go wild for a man who's got religion and is into self-violence.

By Jesus on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

A lap dance is soo much better when the stripper is crying.

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

i have a feeling jesus is my brother

By Buddha Cat on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

We're all brothers.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

By Buddha Cat on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

She's ripe for conversion. So long as she'd shave her head.

By Jay on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 09:09 pm:

a buddy of mine was getting his third lap dance of the night and busted a nut into his corduroys.
    the stripper was totally grossed out.

By Kalli on Thursday, June 22, 2000 - 11:57 pm:

no i mean it. jesus really is my brother.

i'd know those words anywhere.

egads.

By R.C. on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

Florida is DEFINITELY the South.

You can't drive any furhter South on the East coast of the U.S. without hitting water.

And you only ever see Whitefolks leave their house/get into a car/drive to the store/& go shopping barefoot in The South.

I have never seen anyone - Black or White - do that in NY. Not even way upstate in the boonies/or out on L.I. Even the poorest of po' folks put some shoes on before they leave the house up North.

I still don't understand why the hot-ass sidewalk doesn't burn their feet...

By Jay on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 02:28 pm:

we call it 7-11 feet.
    when the bottoms of your feet are all black from walking around on supermarket floors.
    W.T baby W.T

By patrick on Friday, June 23, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

florida, the redneck rivierra

By Gee on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:26 am:

Ishmael loves to sing that crying stripper song. how weird.

By Isolde on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

We go barefoot to the store too. someone stole the lens on my blinker today. Argh.
    On another note, my hard drive fragged and I had to entirely reinstall Windows. I wept for my lost data. I wept for my soul. And then I wept again.

By Jay on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 10:37 pm:

when i was to young to buy beer a buddy and myself went to the local white trash convenient store to try and buy. my friend looked older than me so he went in to try. before he went in i suggested he take off his shoes and try looking "local".
    sure as shit they sold him beer.
    never underestimate the power of 7-11 feet.

By Kirchner on Saturday, June 24, 2000 - 11:08 pm:

Well i'm from arkansas, and i hate going barefooted, but i do tend to say yall, a lot. And, no, all our roads are not dirt and in half the counties you can't even buy alchol =)

not sure about the hubcap thing unless it's some sort of secret signal, government conspiracy type of thing....

By Jay on Sunday, June 25, 2000 - 09:03 pm:

like a secret signal to spies?

By J on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 02:54 am:

I miss me some Gee,also on my green bean recipe,DO NOT USE BACON GREASE,ONLY COOKING OIL.Got confused with my corn bread recipe.Been meaning to correct this for some time.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact