Park

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Park
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:27 am:

At almost all amusement parks and carnivals, it aappears to be necessary for there to be a carousel.
    Why, when carousels are focused to be utilized by small, impressionable chilren, does each horse on the carousel have a look of utter and supreme terror on their faces? Dont' just tell me that they're racing...such a thing should not be.

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 01:10 am:

I love carousels. My all time favorite ride. The horses don't have a look of extremem terror here--they're baring their teeth a little, I guess, but I just like carousels. I want a big one all of my own.

By J on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 02:36 am:

That's what she said.

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 09:10 am:

I never said that I didn't like carousels...I like the damn things, but I when I went on one yesterday, the question appeared in my head, and its been bothering me all day.

and thats what who said?

By Bell_jar on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 09:41 am:

i'm a fucking wimp. i can't handle carousels anymore. i used to be able to ride all kinds of rollercoasters and be okay, now i can't even ride a freaking carousel without feeling sick.

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:11 pm:

Carousls are kind of a tradition park. A form of them has been around since the Middle Ages, so maybe it just stuck. I don't know. I love them. Especially the old Victorian hand-painted and hand-carved horses....

By Biro on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

carnivals......... its as american as apple pie, so is puking after a ride. I just dont like those poor little goldfish that you win for tossing a pingpong ball in a fishbowl. Once you get the buggers home they snuff it. Candy floss, love that stuff. Dont dig those corndogs though. Bumper cars, maybe its me, but i LOATHE it when people bump into me, hehehehe - stay the fuck out of my way and I will give you the same courtesy. What are those swing things called that go out further and further?

By Homoonunit on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:37 pm:

mmmmmm candy

floss.

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:49 pm:

I had one of those fish. It lived for years. Something happened to it which I am under penalty of oath not to discuss. But it was a good fish.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 12:18 am:

Yeah...if you raise them right, those carnival fish get really big, and last forever. One that my brother won a while ago is still around (about 4 years, I think), and it is massive!

I really love ferris wheels. And the infamous "Wild Mouse" ride...

By Gee on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 12:51 am:

what's the point of going on bumper cars if you don't like to get bumped?

By Jay on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

i thought the name of this board was "Pork".
    ain't no hog in here!

By Mister Pig on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

oink

By Bob E. on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

BACON!

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:39 pm:

mmm...pig...the only good meat, other than kids.

I want some ham now. And an uncooked mystery tube.

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

I saw a 16 year old goldfish today. He was huge.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 07:45 am:

uncooked mystery tube brings up visions i really don't enjoy.
    when i was a kid my uncle ran a farm and they would slaughter pigs. one time me and my cousin got in the slaughterhouse and i'll never forget it. big room with a concrete floor with a drain in the middle. whole place covered with blood. anyway there was this one plastic garbage bag and when we looked in there it was like the pigs snout, feet, ears, etc. all this nasty shit.
    to this day we talk about "the bag".
    maybe that goes into a mystery tube.

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 09:56 am:

In Lousiana,all that stuff goes in the freezer------------scared the hell out of me the first time I opened my mother-in-laws fridge,and saw Porky looking back at me.

By Isolde on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 05:31 pm:

Yes, there is something distressing about a cleaven animal carcass in the freezer.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact