pens pens pens...from cat!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: pens pens pens...from cat!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

hey cat! thank you for the pens!!!
    they are great! especially the koala ones
    and the kookaburra one--wow!

By moonit on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 03:47 pm:

Would you like some kiwi pens?

By Cat on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

No prob Mavis...Glad the flying kangaroo got 'em there...happy scribbling.

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 04:53 pm:

I should have put my previous message here, the one where today I received two purple pens from Mavis.... LOVED THEM, can't wait to start scribbling. Will have to hide them dont want anyone touching these babies. Now I am jealous that you have a flying kangaroo pen. I will send you a St Pete Beach Pen Mavis, if you are into cheesy this will be right up you alley! St Pete Beach has some of the most awful touristy crap imaginable, but I kinda like taudry stuff, so look out for a pen from Biro.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

yay for pens!
    biro--the cheesier, more glitter-filled, the better!
    hee hee hee
    cat-thanks again!!
    kiwi pens? yes yes yes.

By TBone on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

I have a weird thing with taking my pens apart...

Those cheap pens that are glued together never last long with me.

Same with the ones that have the little spring in the front that leaps away when you take off the tip. POOF gone.

But I love pens. In fact, I love all office-supply type things. Whenever I'm in one of those huge office supply stores, I have to keep reminding myself that no matter how neat the stuff is, I have little or no use for it.

Pens are definately my biggest weakness though. I had this really really huge one once. I thought it would last forever since there was so much room for ink. It ran out almost immedately after I started using it. When I opened it up, there was a little 1-inch-long pen refill and a whole lot of air.

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

three words, JOIN THE CLUB

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

oh and I am in the market for some Kiwi, Oz pens too, dont want to feel left out! My rels are in Kiwi and Oz so I should be asking them, but you guys are the coolest pen-friends, sorry, couldnt resist.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

tbone-
    when that happens with potato chips, that is, you open it up and it's all air, it's called "snackmosphere"

what is it called inside the ink chamber of a pen?

it's not a riddle, i think we should invent a name for it....

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

tbone-
    when that happens with potato chips, that is, you open it up and it's all air, it's called "snackmosphere"

what is it called inside the ink chamber of a pen?

it's not a riddle, i think we should invent a name for it....

By TBone on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:35 pm:

inkmosphere?

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

birobottomsoutmosphere.

By semillama on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

Rich Hall must be rolling in his grave.

By Antithesis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

we have nothing to fear but fear itself. and the dry cleaning bill. This message brought to you by cowardly, quivering, and associates. Thank you.

By NZA on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 01:03 am:

I got sent a Fujitsu pen last week. It's one of those ergonomic ones with the rubber grip around the barrel.

I have to name my pens at work, or they go missing. I thinks thats about the only thing we use the label machine for!

By Isolde on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 01:43 am:

I want a kiwi pen!

By moonit on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 04:05 am:

Mavis and Biro what are you email addys?

By Inbox on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 05:33 am:

read NZA's lost pen scenario:
    try putting these words on the label:

stolen from NZA
    filched from NZAs desk/kingdom
    NZA wasnt looking so i got this pen

By Kalliope on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 09:16 am:

its called the insidetheinkwellosphere.

duh.

dummies.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 11:52 am:

By moonit on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

Isolde your email addy didnt work.

By Isolde on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 08:08 pm:

People think my address doesn't work. But they are wrong. I don't know why people have problems with it at first, but everyone does. Maybe evil-email is unfriendly to people for some reason, but after a few days of struggling trying to write me, people get through.
    Wierd.

By Biro on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 11:11 pm:

By moonit on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 07:04 pm:

It doesnt work. Still. I've tried three times this morning. So I figure you can email me with your address and I will send pens.

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 07:13 pm:

Box 82
    Caspar California 95420

Address it to Isolde and I'll understand. Speaking of mailing things--WHERE IS MY MAILART!?

By Agatha on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 08:31 pm:

J's entry should be here soon. got JustMiceElf's stuff last week. then i have to make my part when i get everyone's childhood stories. should be around the second week of august.

By Isolde on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 08:04 pm:

Yay!

By Biro on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 12:49 am:

I have friday off - guess what? Am gonna go a-hunting for some cheesy pens.

By Mavis on Friday, July 21, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

yippeee!!
    i got crazy pens for my birthday!
    plus a big box to keep them in!!!

By DiaMoNdBoY on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 10:01 am:

By moonit on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 08:53 pm:

By Mavis on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 06:54 pm:

Biro-
    maybe you already know this, but i just saw it on the Smithsonian website

"1939
    First commercially successful ball-point pen, the birome, designed by Hungarian Laszlo Biro"

By Eduardo on Thursday, April 12, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

I have a true ball-pen labeled "BIROME". It was made for Biro in my country, Argentina. Good Bye

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact