what is a sorabji?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: what is a sorabji?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Tesla on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 06:11 am:

this messboard is quite intriguing, & i like that it doesn't make me register and put me through the 3rd degree with a bunch of damn marketeer surveys just to post here. kudos to the creator/creatrix.

and well, hi, i'm tesla. i introduced myself on the "who are you" board. (gee, how apropos.)

my significant other is trying to sleep and the keyboard clacking is driving him off his bean. i guess you'll hear more from me later. probably anyway.

and i really am curious about the name. sounds african-tribal or something. maybe abo. or izzit an acronym? if not maybe it should be.

By Nate on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 09:56 am:

sorabji, roughly translated, means "fuck you, you ass"

By Kymical on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 10:30 am:

no wonder nate drives the welcome wagon.

i thought it was meant to be a reference to the composer who bears the same name.

prehaps nate is right.

By Nate on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 01:13 pm:

it's a composer if you're not a dumb tweaker fuck.

By Kymical on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 05:04 pm:

i guess i should lay off the meth...

i wonder how many people know my terrible secret?

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!1

By J on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

This morning I was wakened by a long distance call from a good friend in Ohio,her son lives out here,a meth-head.I can't even begin to mention how many things he has put her through or the times he ripped her off,he even tried to say I was a tweaker and I was at a party he was at(I don't think so).He got out of jail in Nov.,was in a half-way house,then was selling cell phones.She hasn't heard from him since the first of March,her birthday was 3/17/?? and he always sent her a card and called,same for Mothers Day,flowers too.She was crying,she is going to have his brother who lives with her,call the Phoenix police and report him missing.I tried to give her hope,but I immagine one way or another,he is dead.Y'all stay away from that crap.

By J on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

This morning I was wakened by a long distance call from a good friend in Ohio,her son lives out here,a meth-head.I can't even begin to mention how many things he has put her through or the times he ripped her off,he even tried to say I was a tweaker and I was at a party he was at(I don't think so).He got out of jail in Nov.,was in a half-way house,then was selling cell phones.She hasn't heard from him since the first of March,her birthday was 3/17/?? and he always sent her a card and called,same for Mothers Day,flowers too.She was crying,she is going to have his brother who lives with her,call the Phoenix police and report him missing.I tried to give her hope,but I immagine one way or another,he is dead.Y'all stay away from that crap.

By Tesla on Sunday, July 30, 2000 - 12:26 pm:

erk, sounds nasty. i like to tweak myself but only like once or twice a month and NEVER EVER use a needle. it's like a totally different thing if you use a needle. some people go flippin' psycho on the stuff but not everyone. brains are weird things. their mechanisms are still beyond most of science at this point.

the scariest, most dangerous trip-wire-insane people i have ever encountered have been either completely drug-free, or used crack and alcohol together over and over until there were holes in their brain you could drive a mack truck through. i'm not saying meth is friggin' vitamin c or anything but used in moderation (REAL moderation, not pretend moderation) it can be really helpful to people with slower-than-average metabolism. hell, you used to be able to get it from a doctor for that exact purpose, but now of course in these pathetic zero tolerance times doctors won't prescribe anything that actually makes people feel good any more.

as for the "good friend in ohio" mentioned above, although i can't glean the entirety of the situation just from this post, i don't know if a missed birthday card is grounds to report a person missing. and well, if he always sent her flowers for mother's day he at least had some heart in him! drug LAWS make for most of the problems connected with drugs, not the drugs themselves. people could use them much more responsibly and much more safely were they not so terribly illegal. sigh.

By Bell_jar on Sunday, July 30, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

"i like to tweak myself but only like once or twice a month and NEVER EVER use a needle."

well at least it's only once or twice a month. and not using needles, well that's a sure fire way of being safe.

my brother is a meth-head. fucker. stole from my grandmother to buy drugs. his teeth are rotting out of his mouth.

i associate meth with white trash. it was the drug of choice in my redneck kansas hometown.

i sound really judgemental, but i don't give a fuck. people who do meth make me sick.

By wisper on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:42 am:

i'd like to know how you pronounce that word.

(and, more importantly, how you spell 'pronounce')

sore-ab-jee?

sore-ab-eye?

sore-ab-eee?

By agatha on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:52 am:

#1.

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 11:40 am:

sometimes #1, sometimes #3

By Trace on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 11:51 am:

People who take anything to substitute for reality make me sick

By sarah on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 05:09 pm:

Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

By Trace on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

Crack some smoke lately?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 07:37 pm:

I thought Tv was the crutch for those who can't afford drugs.

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

you are correct!

By Nate on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 10:14 am:

Tobacco smoking children having people make me sick.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 02:43 am:

Eating too much beef makes me sick.

By J on Saturday, August 5, 2000 - 10:20 am:

I don't know why I'm sick,but I am.

By Nelly on Saturday, August 5, 2000 - 03:23 pm:

i was sick. Last night in the parking lot of Houston's. been a long time since i have hurled in a parking lot. better now. causative factors unknown but suspected, in order of proximity in time to the event:

very large piece of grilled salmon
    aversion to unctuous waiter
    redolence of garlic
    cabernet on empty stomach
    lunch of crawfish piquant with root beer
    stomach flu (ruled out; no further symptoms)
    other dire gastrointestinal malady that could strike again at any time (we'll see)

By Joe on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 01:48 am:

here's a typical thread. page up to the beginning. someone comes in for the first time and wants to understand. the regulars descend and heap every possible insult upon the newcomer so that he/she never dares to post again. what a concept!

By dave. on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 02:02 am:

give up and go away or play along. ego be damned.

By dave. on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 02:13 am:

if they let a dumbass like me get away with a schtick like mine, there's hope for everyone. let's not forget: this is a website, and while there is truth to be gleaned from it, it is not in any way the fount of truth, despite what patrick would have you believe.

By drpy on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 02:18 am:

you call that "every possible insult"? i think tesla just lost interest.

By spunky on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 11:01 am:

I was going to say, for Sorabji, that was very tame

By Ophelia on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 11:48 am:

a sorabji is a wild octopus with sharp claws, fangs, sparkly wings, and fire-breathing abilities.

what a pity anyone should tame such a beast.

By patrick on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

i would have you believe lots of things.

By semillama on Monday, June 3, 2002 - 01:47 pm:

Joe:

Fuck you if you can't take a joke. Tesla took his
    joke fine.

Jumping "Bob," you are one whiny bitter
    hombre.

By Joe on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 02:26 am:

ok, i was wrong.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, June 4, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

Yea, fuck.

LS

By Joe on Wednesday, June 5, 2002 - 02:06 am:

yea, fuck

sore-rob-hee

J

By Exploding belly on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

sorerabbi is about the best thing on the web,allmost as good as beer or food or terminal wind.

By Sore rabbi on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 11:03 pm:

most rabbis are sore about something,its what we do best.

By Platypus on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 11:52 pm:

damnit, i'm trying to find the geekissues quote about the guy with his girlfriend's hair, and the poop.

i'm going to cry.

By Sore rabbi on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

its good to know im the best thing on the web.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact