BUELLER BUELLER BUELLER

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: BUELLER BUELLER BUELLER
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Trace on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

ANYONE, ANYONE, ANYONE?

By Daughter of me on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 12:27 am:

umm...umm...umm...hi...hi...hi... what?...what?...what?...

By Trace on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 09:54 am:

Someone finally answered

By D. of Me on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 11:59 am:

yeah. so what's up?

By Trace on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 12:07 pm:

Nothing, just working. And you?

By D.of Me on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 12:18 pm:

getting ready for work. woohoo...:(

By Trace on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 12:19 pm:

Where do you work?

By Zephyr on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 03:52 pm:

Yeah...and what do you do?
    Why is it so unappealing?

By Trace on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 12:12 am:

Maybe you should get a better job?

By D.of Me on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 09:28 am:

i work at a library...i put books away and straighten shelves....i get $6/hr and only work 4hrs a week and get paid once a month. i don't really want to quit 'cause i work w/some really neat people...but it just gets so boring!

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 08:26 am:

I bet it does

By Spider on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 11:47 am:

I work at a library too. Acquisitions dept. I love the people I work with, but the work itself is so mind-numbing that it gets hard to bear. So I didn't work all last week. They're really cool about that...you make your own hours and can take off whenever you want to...but I still feel kind of bad. Anyway, this week will be my last. Now if only I could find a job in the DC area.

Right now I should be working, but I decided I wouldn't go into the library until noon. Now I'm in the computer lab killing time.

By Gee on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:36 pm:

I work in the library too.

how strange.

By crimson on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

pilate & i have both done quite a bit of library work. in both cases, we were behind-the-scenes people, not working the front desk.

for me, the library jobs were cool, but in one case, some of my co-workers were truly scary. savagely bored moo-cow housewives who could talk about nothing but grocery shopping & ho-hum domestic crap. they adored country music, had nice trailers, tons of kids, & all but worshipped wal-mart. their husbands didn't "let" them do a lot of things & they were always conspiring about how to get around their husbands' orders & do things. but it was always stupid shit...they didn't want personal liberty & freedom, they wanted to buy romance books after hubby said "no".

one time, a bunch of these dullards decided to be soooooo naughty & go see the chippendale dancers (male strippers). they spoke about it in frantically hushed tones as if they were doing the filthiest thing in the world. & of course, they plotted endlessly about how to avoid getting caught by their husbands (they were so afraid of getting caught that they ultimately chickened out). how lame. when i expressed no interest, they started confronting me one day about how dull my life must be. i was listening to all this on acid after having awakened w/ 2 men in my bed & getting better sex than any of them could possibly dream about getting from their dumbshit redneck husbands. i'd rather LIVE than talk about living. & if you want to see a strip act, why check out a canned one when you can go out & find a stripper you've actually got a shot at taking home after the lap dance? & why in god's name would they stay married to a man who didn't "let" them do something? when you're 3 years old, you might talk about somebody "letting" you do something. when you're a grown woman & have to get permission, you've got mental problems.

anyway, i'm rambling. as usual. but there seems to be some sort of small connection between librarians & sorabji. a conspiracy. sort of like the bavarian illuminati, but somehow infinitely sillier.

By moonit on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

My dream job (this would be after winning the lottery and not caring if I made money or not) would be to own a second hand bookstore. I could sit there and read all day and surf, and make my frames and I'd be a happy mel. If you want to work in a library here you have to have some stupid qualification. It really annoyed me because i know the alphabet - dewey decimal system - I've got that down pat (no okay I'm lying now, but I used to know it), but because I didnt go to uni I had no chance.

Stupid.

By T one on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:27 pm:

My S/O works in a library and loves it. She wears headphones and has a wonderful time shelving books and not being rushed to do anything. That's just how she is. She also works at a grocery store in the produce and flower departments. She works with some really wonderful people, by the sound of it.

By Zephyr on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:43 pm:

I like libraries alot...they're so much fun. I almost got a job at one this summer..but my parents hate the books I like so I hardly go anymore.

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:49 pm:

tbone, what is s/o?

By Mavis on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:55 pm:

significant other

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

oh, i see said the blind man.
    thanks!

By J on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 05:05 pm:

Crimsom you reminded me of the time my sister-in law before I REALLY hated her,invited me to see the Chippendale dancers,she was going to go with her then husband but they got in a fight and she had tickets.I didn't really want to go,but she begged me,plus she had sprained her ankle,and wanted me to help her on the steps at the Celebrity Theater.I went to get her and she was already toasted,we get there,and she made quite the entrance with me holding her up trying to go down a bazzillion stairs,a security guard came and helped me.He was an off duty cop and hit on me all night,anyway when it was finally over she insisted on going to the after the show party,where you could buy drinks and have your picture taken with them(wow).I am pretty tanked by now myself,spent all my money on drinks there,anyway that cop came and was talking to me,when all of a sudden,everyone is freaking.I turned around and to my horror,she had knocked this huge backdrop that you stood in front of while getting your picture taken with the Chippendales,and it landed on top of 2 of the dancers and 2 woman.Then everyone just started yelling at me to get her out of there.Thank God that cop helped us out to my car,and he asked for my phone number and kissed me right in front of her.I just wanted to go home,but she insisted we go to Dennys I told her I spent all my money,she said she would pay for it.We went to Dennys,we both had a late night breakfast,when we are ready to go,she tells me she doesn't have any money!!! I was so Goddamn mad I couldn't see straight.I went outside to spare change (I was so humilliated and pissed)Lucky for me, the first two men on their way in listened as I explained what happened and one of them gave me ten bucks.I went in and paid the 7 and whatever bucks we owed,left the rest for a tip,dumped her off,and never went anywhere with her again(except court once).

By D.of Me on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

yeah, i love my job, but it gets so repeative! it's strange how a lot of us work at the library,though. well, i only work 8 hrs a week and 2 days a week...so i shouldn't really complain. ;)

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 06:10 pm:

well, i bet it does get pretty dull after a while

By D.of Me on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 10:46 pm:

yeah, it's just putting books away and making sure everything is neat and in order. i mean how much fun can you have doing that? i think that's why i wanna get into art somehow....oh well.

By TBone on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 11:14 am:

You can have LOTS of fun doing that...

Gotta be creative.

If that was my job, I'd wear headphones and dance.

Just groovin' all day long... That's kinda what I do now, only it's harder to get down in a chair.

By Jay on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 01:44 pm:

i worked at a library for a while and had this shoe that squeeked really bad. i would file books for hours and the shoe would squeek as i walked around. at first i hated it then i learned to control the squeek. i could alter the pitch and duration of the squeek depending on how i rolled my foot.
    like TBone said. you gotta be creative.

By D.of Me on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 03:59 pm:

heehee! you guys are nutty! i usually just think of the weirdest situations i can. heee! umm...thanks for the ideas. but you have to be really bored to have the time to figure out how to control the squeek in your shoe. heehee! ;)

By Zephyr on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 06:18 pm:

I was at the library the other day dropping some garbage off for my mom...I just decided to take a quick stroll around...and went by one of the desks...and there was this AMAZINGLY beautiful girl...we looked at each other for a moment, and then I kept walking. I walked by her again on my way out. We looked again. I did want to talk to her, but I didn't. I really should have.

By Jay on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 10:40 pm:

yeah that sucks. happens to me everyday. to think your whole life could change just by getting the balls to go talk to her.

By D.of me on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 11:29 am:

yeah, it's weird...us chicks do it too.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact