I am c rushed out on NPR

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I am c rushed out on NPR
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

It seems that I am unable to resist the seductive wiles of NPR.
    First it was David Sedaris. Now...now it's Clothaire Rapaille.
    Would they stop putting those big, sexy brains on the radio already? I'm going to be stalking David Weinberger soon.

By patrick on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 01:25 pm:

im with you......i love hearing them announce their own names....."and I'm Cory Flintoff" "and I'm Linda Wertheimer" .....hardly sexy for me but oh so familiar, day in day out, so confident, so assuring...we have a local guy who is the same damn way.....Warren Olny......

Linda Wertheimer seems like the kind of woman/mom who had the koolaid during hot summer days....the kind of woman/mom who offered to make us bologne sandwhiches

By semillama on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 07:26 pm:

And who insisted that everyone play fair.

By Im mavis fenderson on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

OR ELSE!

By Gee on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 12:41 am:

I just heard that they put something disgusting in koolaid and now I can't remember what it was.

By patrick on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

its really popular and trendy to dye your hair with koolaid these days. old trick new fad. i could never afford manic panic so peroxide and koolaid worked for me. also, those stupid little $20 skooters are real;y trendy too and whats funny is it happened overnight. some cheapo mexican manufacturer most be racking in the dough by producing those little things.........just for fun, i'd like to see Roy break one of those damn things

By Zephyr on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

You know what else is trendy?

Being an asshole.
    Bad music (when is it never?)
    Those damn fingerboards.
    "Anarchy"
    Being a "rebel"
    The whole misinterpretation of punk culture (hair dye, spikey hair, "punk" clothes, etc.)
    Anti-Depressants
    MP3 players...just so you can be a rebel!
    Bondage Pants (and not using them for their intended purpose...)

I used to listen to NPR all the time, and all those names ring a pleasant chord in me....it brings back good memories.
    Ray Suarez was cool too...

By patrick on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

yeah the whole pseudo "BSDM" "fetish" crap is a real drag.

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 05:04 pm:

And those fucking scooters.

Yuk.

I see hordes of kids "scooting" around on these ugly contraptions with minishit wheels, and they have that ugly chrome finish...and they're just tacky! UGH!

By Mavis on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 06:07 pm:

fuck those fucking scooters

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

Yes!

Mavis...I think you're swell!

By TBone on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:07 pm:

I see those scooters everywhere too, but only for sale. I don't think I've seen a soul riding one.

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

Do you live in "suburbia"? If so, you should.

By TBone on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

Nah, there aren't any cities big enough in Montana to have suburbs.

By Mavis on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:28 pm:

eeeeeeee
    blush

thanks, zephyr!

encantado!

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:32 pm:

:grin:

Anytime! (what does encantado mean?)

By Mavis on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

it means

"likewise"

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

haha! thank you!

By Gee on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 01:57 am:

I'm dying my hair blue. my sister suggested streaks of blue over my blond hair, but no, I'm going for broke. all blue, all the time.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

I love my blond hair. But it's going brown.
    People tell me to dye it red.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 08:01 pm:

My sister was on Morning Edition today... Hope ya'll caught her. She had the piece on the protesters still being held in Philly...

By Becca on Wednesday, April 7, 2004 - 11:33 pm:

hey r u guys all gay

By dave. on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 12:30 am:

r u a shit-stuffed cunt

r u dripped from the sad anus of american education

By Cat on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 05:24 am:

i r

By kazu on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 10:24 am:

me 2

By Hannah on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 10:35 am:

Eeek! I need help with knowing how to dye my hair...I hear so many horror stories and...I don't want my hair to be permanently damaged. I thought koolaide would be innocent enough, but it seems even that can go wrong...I've never done anything to my hair and I don't want it to be extremely bright, just a tint so I don't have to make my head yellow. I mean...NEVER no perm, color, once I put spray glitter in it...but that's it. HELP! HELP! HELP! I really want it purple, but I wanna make sure I'm safe. My mom will only let me do something that will wash out in a week or so... she'll kill me if I do anything more....please, help me...

By sarah on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 12:12 pm:

hey hannah, it's easter! just go to walgreens and get one of those PAAS egg coloring kits. works like a charm on your hair, and cheaper than going to a salon.

By wisper on Thursday, April 8, 2004 - 06:36 pm:

most drugstores have stuff you can tint your hair with that washes out in 3 days or so. In the hairdye aisle.

Koolaide works fine but will make your hair smell like whatever flavour you use. Also, if you sweat it will run.

Nothing short of multiple bleachings a year will permanently damage your hair.

also, what the fuck?

By Cheapmedicine on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:36 am:

I'm told Kool-aids better with hair developer or whatever. hmm. have the kool-aid but i dont know what to do with it

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact