Party?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Party?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

Hmm...an official Sorabji.com get-together? Just a thought...(in the flesh, of course...)

By Mavis on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

where? when?

By Zephyr on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

Um, I dunno...got any ideas?

By TBone on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 01:07 am:

I would be down with that in the biggest way... Umm... Somewhere to the west would be nice...

It would be great. We could work out carpools, caravans...

We could have a parade.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 09:51 am:

Huzzah! A parade!

I was originally thinging somewhere like nyc or someplace nice in PA, but whatever. (well...at least somewhere close to me)

By Nate on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 10:26 am:

somewhere in california would be much better.

the previous sorabjifests have been drug laden orgies. now that i'm engaged, i wouldn't feel comfortable attending.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 11:31 am:

There were previous ones?

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:01 pm:

a parade? a drug-laden orgy?
    whoo hooo!

i'll bring the pasties and the cheetos

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:03 pm:

How about KC?

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

Um...I acutally might be able to make it there!

Hmm...I think I can arrange transport for everyone here too...I found a bus-service!
    http://lamebus.instadeth.org

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:15 pm:

woohoo

By patrick on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:37 pm:

we have been over this a million times, t-shirts, cage matches and everything. it never pans out..........

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

Well, it will THIS TIME!

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

The busses are perfect, though

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

I tried.

By J on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 03:48 pm:

I think the perfect place for the sorabji fest would be Las Vegas or what you should really call it..Lost Wage's

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 05:19 pm:

trace, do you live in kc?

i live about 20 minutes from the godforsaken place. i would never ever encourage anyone to come to missouri or kansas.... although the world's largest ball of twine is located in kansas.

i'm up for las vegas or memphis (graceland!).

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 05:29 pm:

I do live here, and I agree. 20 Minutes? Where?

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 05:44 pm:

vegas sounds like a good place, since you can get cheap airfare from almost anywhere to vegas.....

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 05:48 pm:

Yeah...but would my parents let me go? Hahaha...

By TBone on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 05:54 pm:

I was just there. They're working on a record for most days in a row hotter than 105 degrees F.

Food's pretty cheap. We drove the 15 hours straight.

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

We are at 103 degrees f in kc, heat index 114

By Zephyr on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:11 pm:

Wow. I love living in NJ. I think the high today was 95º F...and I've been in an air-conditioned office all day!

By TBone on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:14 pm:

I always forget about heat index. It's so dry here, we don't do heat index. It rarely gets THAT hot anyway. Today the high was only 74 because of the smoke.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

trace i prmise you your heat is unlike Nevada heat. To give you a clue, take your hairdryer, put on high, hold 3 inches from your face for 5 minutes. Note, the cracked lips. The desert heat in Vegas is unfucking believable........southern heat, you at least KNOW when you are getting dehydrated, you can literally feel it with the humidity, 110 degrees with less than 10% humidity, its often hard to tell you are about dead until you are.

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:45 pm:

I passed through there on the way to Apple Valley, CA. I lived there for a year and a half. (for those of you who don't know, Apple Valley is on the rim of the Mojave Desert, and is where most "desert" scenes from movies are shot.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:51 pm:

i got a heat stroke in silverlake out there at Exotic World 2000

By Trace on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 06:52 pm:

I beleive it......

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, August 8, 2000 - 10:22 pm:

trace- i live in lawrence. which isn't a bad city, considering it is in kansas. do you live in missouri or kansas?

By Trace on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 09:58 am:

Missouri, I used to live in Topeka, a long time ago, and have been to KU many times

By patrick on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 04:19 pm:

i know so many god damn people her ein LA from Lawrence/KC .......a few people i know were in bands like Shiner, and Thickskin to name a few i know. there is a strange hollywood/ KC pipeline

By Isolde on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 07:45 pm:

Sorabjifest is an excellent idea. Drunken orgy optional, so Nate can come. Perhaps we should take a poll to see where various people live and figure out something in the middle of everything? Or is that foolish.

By Bell_Jar on Thursday, August 10, 2000 - 02:33 am:

miss bell_jar is currently entering her last year at ku. it will soon be over.

i would like to meet you all, i think.

By Trace on Thursday, August 10, 2000 - 09:58 am:

Med student?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact