Stupidist thing I heard all day:

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Stupidist thing I heard all day:
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Trace on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 01:44 am:

Parent, discipling child:
    "Don't make me count!"

Oh god, not that! Anything but you counting!

By Trace on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 02:06 am:

Or maybe it was "Oh God, this stinks, smell it!" I am not sure what is worse, the fact that he wanted me to smell this obviously obnoxious stenchy thing or the fact that I actually smelled it!

Almost as bad as "this is the most revolting thing I have ever tasted, try it."

By Trace on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 02:07 am:

I guess that is what I get for living in the "Show Me" State

By Cat on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 05:08 am:

What disciple was the parent trying to make the child into? Mathew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Judas, Thomas, Simon? Or maybe a disciple of evil like Satan?

Actually Trace, you're fairly close to Satan aren't you? You both have the same work AND home IP's? And Slick Willy also posts from the same work address. Must be getting kinda crowded at that IP!

It's kinda cute the way Satan posts something offensive, then you come on only minutes later and tell him how bad he is. But, I talk to myself a lot too ;)

By Cat on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 05:23 am:

And Trace...If you and Satan are the same person, I must admit you tricked me...kinda cool really.

Well played, it certainly added a lot of interest to the boards anyway!!

By dave. on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 05:46 am:

not.

By Not satan thats for damn sure. on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

Whoa. Detective Cat is back... and I didn't even flash my Cat Symbol. Citizens of Gothambji, rest easy.

By semillama on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

Like I had emailed you previously, Cat, you need to back up that statement with your evidence.
    Let's see the ISPs, and such.

Not that I am taking anyone's side here, just that I think any type of claim like the above needs corrborating evidence presented as well. Chalk it up to my being a scientist, also curious and probably too lazy to go check for myself.

if you're wrong, you should apologize and never bring it up again. If you're right, Trace should apologize and vamoose, preferable to a counselor of some sort, he has daughters to raise and needs to be mentally healthy to do so.

I will, however, go prep the death match cage.

By moonit on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 12:54 am:

I'll bring the sizzlers and the pom poms

By Wavy on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:23 am:

I'd like to know how Cat is getting IPs of the posters... is she an insider?

By dbone on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:49 am:

if you have netscape, click "view" and then "page source". i miss the good old days when you could post as as many different people as you wanted and nobody thought to check.

By Antigone on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 03:27 am:

Yeah, ain't knowledge a bitch?

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 08:29 am:

You all are dead wrong. I can't beleive you would think I was satan.

By Gee on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 11:35 am:

maybe I'm satan. I'm evil enough.

Ishmael said I was like a cross between a Disney villian and a Care Bear. evil, right?

By Dougie on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 11:54 am:

Yeah, Cat's right that they have the same IP address, but I thought Trace had mentioned that he was a network admin and spoke to the kid in the company posing as Satan. 'Tis a little suspicious though.

Or maybe he really is Satan, the poseur poster. Or maybe "Trace" with his last name, whatever that is, could be part of the anagram, Steven Marcato/Roman Castavet, from Rosemary's Baby. His first name fits. That'd be cool. Maybe Sorabji is a secret coven. "All of them witches."

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

Doigie, you might need therapy...LOL
    I am not satan, but I do work with the boy and have talked with him...Just as an after thought, his first name is Doug. Really.

By Dougie on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 12:52 pm:

No thanks, Trace. I've already had therapy, didn't help. Damn if my namesake ain't the little evil one. BTW Trace, "LOL" is just SO AOL. I can dig "ROFLMAO" but "LOL" always makes me think of the word "loll" -- I imagine somebody at the keyboard with his tongue "lolling" out of his mouth, drool running down his chin.

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

ROFLMOA AT U....
    you are right, I do the same thing.

By TBone on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 12:56 pm:

I never figured out why people preferred "lol" over "ha"

By Spider on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

Dougie, you took the words right out of my fingers.

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

It is more "techie", i suppose

By agatha on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:44 pm:

it is essential to have the exclamation point, though. ha! i believe that was a nelly-ism. so, trace, what was the little satan like? what did he say to defend himself?

By TBone on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

did he cry?

By Trace on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

He did not cry, he was very stiff lipped and not to talkative about it, I just "casually" mentioined in.

By Cat on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 06:26 pm:

Hey Trace, sorry...looks like I was wrong. Just so you don't think I was gunning for you out of spite or anything...I based my conspiracy theory on the following:

a) Satan and Trace both showed up for the first time within two days of each other, July 27 and July 25 respectively (see Cat torture thread). Incidentally, Slick Willy also arrived around this time.

b) Satan, Trace and Slick Willy all post from the same work IP.

c) Satan posted from the same home ISP, as
    Trace...splitrock.net...on at least one occasion.
    (See the "Sex: Honey is this all there is thread" for Satan's post).

d) Satan and Trace are both multiple posters, with similar spelling errors (not that this is any real proof...but it did alert my curiousity in the first place)

It just seemed strange that two independent people, who both work for the same company in the same location, and have also posted from the same home ISP would stumble across Sorabji within days of each other and then proceed to post madly. But it's not unthinkable.

So it could be all some nasty coincidence and probably is. Apologies again Trace...I promise not to raise it again.

Peace!!

By semillama on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

Stranger things have happened.

I'll put away the death match cage.

lot of cobwebs there.

By Antigone on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 11:57 pm:

Hmmmm... splitrock.net? That ain't in Kansas anymore...

By Cat on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 01:50 am:

Hmmmm..the name Antigone is remarkable similar to antichrist.

And we all know your preference for the Satan's Severed Head thread...hmmmmm.

Get in the cage big boy!

I want to tangle you...I mean mangle you.

Or is it fadangle you?

By Jay on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 08:34 am:

Strange how Cat has the same number of letters as JFK, UFO and PTA. coincidence? i think not.

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 08:44 am:

Yeah, and her secretary at work is named Lincoln.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

Oh you boys just want to get in the cage with me! When I finish whooping Antigone's butt, you can be next. Take a number and say your prayers!!

And Dougie...how could you know my secretary's name unless you were the all-seeing all-knowing Satan? Or I guess you could be God, but then you wouldn't be any fun.

And Jay, how many letters in your name??? And then, you and Satan share an interest in anal stuff.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 04:57 pm:

(Good to see you back btw, Jay...where did ya go?)

By patrick on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 05:39 pm:

i'll get in the cage with you cat, but the repercussions could be astronomical!

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

Since when was I in the cage wit you, Cat? What did I do, eh?

By Cat on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

Do I need an excuse to get you in the cage Antigone, Pantie Phone?

OK...You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

Now get in the cage and take your punishment like a bloke.

By Cat on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

And Patrick - "astronomical"? As in seeing shooting stars, getting a one way ticket to heaven, feeling the earth move?

Or astronomical results like being hit by a meteor, having the rocket boosters explode under my space shuttle?

By patrick on Tuesday, August 15, 2000 - 07:52 pm:

take your pick baby! im known to cause both.

By Mr. poon on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 01:24 am:

Cat, I think i love you. I hope you have a vagina.

By Jay on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 08:39 am:

You could almost put that to the same music as that partridge family song.
    "I think i love you and i hope you have a vagina"
    "i'd like to mount you, in my old mans reclina'"

i'll work on that when i get home. i need a new outgoing message on my voicemail anyway. everyone tells me that the one on there now sounds like the stones. i just think it sounds like i'm all H'd out.

By moonit on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 04:01 pm:

you made me laugh so hard tears came to my eyes.

damn your clever rhyming ways.

By Satan on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:13 pm:

Death is only for the red people, Claimed the small blue man in the purple hat.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

I must have missed something.

By Pezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

"va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na! va-gi-i-na!"

hooray for boobies. so i can wear a bra and feel comfortable.

oh to be a chicken bone!

By Trace on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 12:40 pm:

Pezz, i want to be the bone

By Pez on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

i once started a semi-cult over a little crack i made about a chicken bone. now i have a feeling that the evil chicken bone will still exist at my former highschool, though i've graduated.

i don't think the order of the holy brussels sprout will fare as well.

By Antigone on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 09:49 pm:

The evil chicken bone has nothing on the Ever Effervescent God Biscuit.

By Pez of the famous pezzes... on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 11:28 am:

ahh...let me see...

"what if my entire life does not exist and my true self is a chicken bone? meat eaters ted to chew on me; and i have a tendency to make dogs choke, due to the fact that i'll splinter and send many sharp points to lodge in their throats."

the evil chicken bone LIVES!

By Jay on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

i had this dog that lived downstairs from me a few years back and i fucking hated him. i'm normally a dog lover but this dog would break into my apt. and eat my dogs food, rip shit up. plus he was cross eyed and stupid and that made him easy to hate.
    anyway i would feed that bitch chicken bones and this really hot pepper sauce. raw peppers, rotten food, anything I could think of and that nasty bitch would always eat it. he'd eat anything. one day i came home and there was a couch outside that was shreeded to bits. it belonged to the people who owned this dog. next day that dog was gone. never saw him again.
    since then i've written a story about how him and my dog would hang out at night, driving a cab and having adventures with the people they picked up.

By Dougie on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

Jay, post the story!

By Jay on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 01:49 pm:

It's pretty funny shit. I'll open a new thread and post it there in pieces. it's sort of long. i'll do it when i get to my home pc.

By Antithesis on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 03:06 pm:

y'all sound more and more discordian every day. has it occured to you that both the chicken bone and the brussel sprout are simply examples of the flaming magnificence of Eris, the filet mignon on the universe's plate?

By TBone on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 03:26 pm:

To the prettiest one!

hail!

By Pez is afraid on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

no! it's the EVIL CHICKEN BONE INCARNATE!!! AAUUGGHH!!!!!!!!!!

RUN! RUN! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!

By TBone on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

Personally, I'm afraid of the Floating Window of Heaven/Hell.

Pick a side.

By Apparissus on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 10:04 pm:

That's easy.

Kallisti.

"This is going to be rough Trixy, you'd better get out of sight!"

Mr. Momoyomoto can swallow his nose.

By Elm on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 02:16 pm:

new post today

By The Watcher on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

"If you have a qualified Casuality or Theft loss, and it is - after deducting $100 - more than 10% of your adjusted gross income, you must list every single item individually on form 4684 to claim the deduction."

If I did that my tax return would be over 100 pages long!!!

It would have to be one heck of a deduction to justify spending the time to fill out the forms not to mention the postage!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact