does anyone know anything about WordPad? 'Cause I sure don't.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: does anyone know anything about WordPad? 'Cause I sure don't.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 04:55 pm:

i'm trying to print my stupid Frankentstein essay that's due tomorrow and whenever it prints, it does one full line, then one or two words on the next line, then one full line, and so on. i don't have a clue as to how to fix this problem? does anyone?

By Trace on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:01 pm:

Your end paragraphs are messed up. Email it to me, and I will look at if you want.

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

Sounds like you need to go into Options and choose Wrap to Window. Then fix your paragraphs.

By Crawford on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:47 pm:

hmm. thanks. how do i get it to double space? can i even get it to double space?

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:54 pm:

I doubt it. Wordpad is just Notepad on steroids -- it'll open larger text files than Notepad, but it ain't meant for true word processing. Didn't your PC come with that MS Works thingie, if you don't have Office? Or download StarOffice from sun.com.

By Crawford on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 05:58 pm:

ms "works" doesn't. everytime i tried to open word prcessing file, it "performed an illegal operation" and must be "shut down."
    but i s'pose i'll try again...
    we'll i'll be danged...
    it worked...

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

That's a Microsoft feature. It's called "guessware." Guess where and when your software will run. Keeps computing interesting. Wouldn't life be boring if everytime you launched a program, it worked?

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 06:56 pm:

BTW, Frankenstein essay? Summer school?

By Crawford on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:09 pm:

No, summer reading. It's all part of a combined effort of Satan, the UN, and the Illuminati to drive students up the wall. School starts tomorrow, and that is why my paper is due tomorrow.

By Tired on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

They had a program called "Write," but it worked too well so they shitcanned it.

Nostalgia for 3.1. . .

By TBone on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

That must be the "innovation" they keep talking about.

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 16, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

Oh yeah, I remember Write. Readme.wri files etc. How about cardfile? A couple of years ago, I was formatting and throwing out old computers, and came across one loaded with Windows 1.0. The Program Manager was called Microsoft Executive or something. Wanted to keep it for a museum piece.

By Holy on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 09:54 pm:

wow

By Will6140 on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:41 pm:

This forum is four years old and I am posting on it. Go me.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:27 am:

the THREAD is 4 years old, idiot, not the forum.

idiot.

By Jim Baker on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

Someone asked about double spacing Wordpad and someone else said - can't do. I have the opposite problem. When I copy text from an email and paste it into Wordpad then try to edit it, my edits automatically double space and I can't, for the life of me, figure out what's happening nor how to stop it. Any ideas? Thanks

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact