FetidBeaver!!! I was wondering about you the other day...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: FetidBeaver!!! I was wondering about you the other day...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Pamela on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 10:04 pm:

Hey FB! Did you ever get out of Iowa? I have been away for so long. I hope you have gotten out of there. My husband (who was born in Iowa, and who has tons of family that lives there) was talking about where we should be buried when we die. He suggested this one cememtary in Iowa, where all his family members are buried. First of all, I couldn't believe he was thinking about us dying b/c I am only 21 and he is only 28 and we are about to have a baby any day now... And second, I was appalled that he actually thought that being buried in Iowa would be somewhere I would want to be buried. I've never even been there! I've heard enough about that place to know that it doesn't sound like any place I would want to be; dead or alive!

Anyway, I hope that you are out of there and things are going well. Are you still a paramedic? Hope all is well and talk to you later.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 10:57 pm:

Wow! Talk about bizzare, I haven't been here in weeks and this just pops up minutes before my arrival. Yes I'm still in Iowa and no I'm not a paramedic. I'm a male R.N. I started really thinking about California and what I use to do when I lived out there. I could not think of a single thing that I did in LA that I don't do here except for the meth. I don't do that by choice now, though it is available here. I filed for divorce and it was finalized today at 9:30 am. I never wanted to be divorced but she changed into a very selfish person who no longer cared about her kids, job, marriage or life. All she wants to do now is get drunk or snort another line and she do ANYTHING to get it. I tried to deal with it and keep loving her but there comes a time when love just dies. She did a damn good job of killing it.
    I don't kow if I will move or not, but after checking the wages and cost of living in the LA area, I won't be returning there. I'm financially better off here. If I ever want to do any of the things that LA offers (not available here) I'll just do it on vacation. Let's face it, when raising kids, it's off to work, go home, pay the bills and do it all over again. I figure I might as well do that in a place that is cheaper to live well. Who knows maybe I'll feel differently in a year. I hope all is well with you.

By Pamela on Monday, August 21, 2000 - 11:04 pm:

Wow, FB, I am sorry to hear that. I hope the best for you and your kids. Iowa is much cheaper than California by far. My husband and I pay over $1200 a month on our mortgage. I suppose I really need to visit Iowa in order to appreciate it. <shrug> One of these days I am sure my husband and I will go.

I am glad to see that you are back. I myself was gone for quite awhile. I'm in my last month of pregnancy and my boss fired me a month or so ago (he was an ass anyway). I was home bored and then tonight I remembered what I used to do all day... post on sorabji! Anyway, I hope to talk to you again soon.

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:48 am:

LA: the city of ass.

By Gee on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:08 am:

the good kind of ass, though, right?

By patrick on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:19 pm:

i think so. LA gets such a bad rap, but its an easy target......it took me several years to see the bright side of this place

By Jay on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

When I lived in L.A i used to hook up with all these women through this party/chat line they had. It was billed to your phone number like a 900 call but man, it was awesome. One time I had sex four nights in a row with four different women. i had chicks calling my house wanting to have phone sex and hook up so often that i couldn't fit them all in. i was actually turning women down for sex. it was amazing. well worth the $20 charge on my phone bill. a pretty entertaining chapter of my life i must say.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

$1200.

heh.

i saw a house for rent in Palo Alto the other day on the news. 3br/2bath. $5000/month.

must be a nice neighborhood.

of course, in Campbell you see 800sq foot houses sell for $800K.

it's a sick world.

but hey, relief is in sight. SF just passed a $9 minimum wage.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

where is Campbell?

In Highland Park, a community just north east of the city, a place im considering to live (as Silverlake is being over run by Gapsters and yuppies looking to be hip by osmosis) .......I found a house, 5 bedrooms, 2 car garage, 3/4 acre property, in the hills overlooking Glendale, 225k. Aroudn the corner from my apartment, a 2 bedroom house, 1/3 acre property, 1 car garage, 1200 sqft, sold for a 240k.

Things change drastically from neighborhood to neighborhood around here.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 01:41 pm:

campbell is on the santa cruz mountains side of silicon valley. it's a little yuppie community. eerie. saratoga village. eerie. drive through the downtown of the village and you see nothing but freshly waxed SUVs driven by wealthy automatons.

foki

i just refi'd my mortgage. i'm very happy.

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

Land prices in this state are fucking sick. Up here, especially, where all the yuppies come to die.

By Pez on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

try oregon. the property prices have tripled in recent years.

to get an acre of land with no utilities it costs over 80k. nine years ago, that's what my parents paid for the house. acre of land, well water with a septic tank. it's not heaven, but at least we have a roof and toilets.

By Pamela on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 04:36 pm:

I have been thinking about moving to Oregon... It's pretty there and they have no sales tax. It seems like a pretty happy place.

By patrick on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 05:29 pm:

im sure income tax makes up for it. Tennessee is the same way, no sales tax, but you get beat down in income tax. Oregon is not always as progressive as it seems, so ive heard

By TBone on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

That's how Montana is. Income tax, and property tax. The goddamn property tax kills off businesses and scares away new ones.

Heavy.

But growing up in a sales-tax free state is pretty cool, except when you travel, it blindsides you. Damn taxes.

By Pamela on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

Where the heck are you FB? And what about Big Kevin? He still hanging around here too?

By J on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

Big Kevin hooked up with a gal and we never heard from him again,As for F.B.,I'd like to know too,last I heard he had remarried and was going to Mexico to cop some drugs.The last few e-mails I sent him were returned,I hope he's not busted.

By Pamela on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 10:37 am:

Wow! He got remarried already? That's cool. I hope he's not busted either. That would really suck! I hope he turns up soon... When was the last time you heard from him?

By J on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

April 30th 2001

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact