what someone just said in the room i am in...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: what someone just said in the room i am in...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Mavis on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

"It's almost impossible to cut satin with pinking shears."

then

"That backpack better not be full of marijuana! Ha ha ha!"

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 01:58 pm:

"Don't pack a lot of books. You won't have time to read them."

"What are you talking about? I'm not going to school anymore. I'll have plenty of time."

"No, now you have to start applying to grad school or looking for a better job."

"God Almighty, Dad, I haven't even gotten the first job yet. Do you think I could relax for once?"

"All you do is relax."

"Rhini, do you think I could play Diablo for, like, a half an hour?"

"Okay, let me finish typing something first."

By patrick on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 02:41 pm:

"are we still sitting on those butt plug orders?"

By Zephyr on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

I don't remember what people in rooms I was in said to me today. Nothing worthwhile, I suppose.

By semillama on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

"lock up when you leave."

I hear that a lot.

The most recent thing said in this room here was "meow."

By Antithesis on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 07:27 pm:

"Dude, I don't eat ice cream anymore, remember?"

"Who wrote this? What does this mean? Michael, did you write this?"

"yeah"

"what does it mean?"

"ask the boss"

"Oh, NO! Really? It must mean a mass mailing. I fuckin' hate those things. Do you remember the mass mailing hell from last year? and now it's just going to be me and *coworker's name* Dammit. I'm gonna quit. I hate mass mailings."

By Isolde on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 08:17 pm:

"Get your crack-whore ass back on those cards!"
    "No, Cindy, my ass is too small to do that."
    "Not if it's a crackwhore!"
    "Dude, NO! Marcos, eww! Marcos! Get offa me! Don't flirt with the girls at work."
    *audible smacking sound*
    "Marcos...EWWWWWW!"
    "What, Rhea?"
    "Marcos, don't kiss me, you big gooberhead! And don't flirt with the girls at work!"
    "Yeah, only a small look..."
    "Marcos, they just want to get into your pants!"
    "Let them do it, then! Look at this belt. You think I can stop them?"

By Pez on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 11:51 pm:

"yes, that's your blueberry milkshake."

saw my friend keith today. asked me if i was planning to do a fifth year like him.

i suppose i'm a student teacher. i've graduated from hs but i'll be advising a club and helping out one of my teachers while working at freddy's and taking classes at mount hood.

*whew*

By Isolde on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 12:01 am:

I feel bad that I've been holed up all day. I'm listening to Aqua right now, though, and I'm listening to "My, Oh My," right now. She is singing:
    "Little princess in a terrible mess..."
    But the best line is:
    "gotta steal from the rich when they don't know we're coming, gotta give to the poor, no time for lovin'..."
    shut up. So I like Scandanavian pop bands who were popular in middle school like five years ago. Whatever. Aqua rocks.

By Pez on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 12:13 am:

i know what you mean. i love aqua. i love ace of base.

freddy's plays dancing queen sometimes.

gotta love stevie ray

By Isolde on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 12:15 am:

"I saw the Sign..."
    Damn. I listen to such wierd music. Anyway. Yeah. Aqua's rockin'. Antithesis likes them too. Or at least doesn't complain when I put Aqua on. Roses Are Red is our theme song...or something...I don't know how that worked out. At any rate, yeah, it's one of my favorites. That and "Candyman."

By Antithesis on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 05:12 am:

Hrm. They're funny songs, I'll give them that. My musical tastes run more into "indie" lately. And, of course, alterno-grunge. YUM.

erm. playlist: Modest Mouse. POWPOWPOW. Dan Bern. Mountain Goats. Sleater Kinney. Nirvana. Pixies. Violent Femmes. Cowboy Mouth. Dada. Clutch. Black Sabbath. Prodigy. Orbital. Guns N' Roses. Jane's Addiction. They Might Be Giants.

By Pezzy-poo on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:40 am:

remember iron man?

cardigans did a remake, but it doesn't sound anything like black sabbath. i like 'em both, though.

MOBYMOBYMOBYMOBYMOBY

By patrick on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:50 am:

Aqua, i have a kickin gatefold record of his, Edgar Froese formerly of Tangerine Dream that is.

wait are we talking the the same aqua here? Im referring the early 70s krautrock, ambient outfit....think Eno.... ........now that i see you mention "she sings" the aqua im referring to has no vocals and no girls involed.....

ahhh nevermind im geeking again

By Z on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 02:33 pm:

brian eno?

By Dougie on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

Overhead speaker: "I need the chart on Bertha Barboni. Whoever has the chart on Bertha Barboni, please bring it to the 2100 immediately!"

By patrick on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 04:11 pm:

yes brian eno

By Kalliope on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

you big nerd

By Antithesis on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 06:53 pm:

Isolde's Aqua is a ... well, sort of an Ace of Base for the 90s. Ever hear "Barbie Girl" on the radio last year? It was on just about every 30 seconds.

The more I think about it, the more Aqua reminds me of the guys who sing "Big Girls Don't Cry."

Pez: you make me laugh. Do I remember Iron Man? *grin* I actually bought the Cardigans album just for that song. Don't really like it, though (the rest of the album, that is). Anybody ever hear "Iron Santa Claus?" The metal station where I grew up used to play it every christmas. Can't find the lyrics, though. ah, well.

By Isolde on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 07:09 pm:

I love Moby too. I was listening to "I Like to Score" earlier. It was the coolest thing about Ireland--good music played on the mainstream stations. Like Moby.

By Tired on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 07:44 pm:

Ace of Base was in the 90's, I'm pretty sure. At least all of their hits.

By Antithesis runs away on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 09:08 pm:

Yeah, okay, you're right. In my mind, the 90's are the years in between 95 and 99. Even then, AoB were probably in the 90's. Damn. Right, then.

"Aqua reminds me of Ace of Base in their annoying-yet-catchy pop quality. You can imagine them wearing big Oscar-Meyer eatin' grins while they sing."

Did anyone see the issue of Rolling Stone with the really scary picture of Britney Spears? she looks, literally, like a wind-up doll. freaky.

By Pez on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 09:19 pm:

see?

"kiss me baby i'm snow white."

right now i'm listening to bt. never gonna come back down.

"this song is dedicated to the people in the audience. not the people in the crowd but the people in my mind."

whatever happened to white town?

"your woman" is funky.

By Isolde on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:56 pm:

I remember the dirty mag in Dublin with the Aqua chick. Cat, check your email.

By Antithesis on Saturday, August 26, 2000 - 04:59 pm:

Right now I'm listening to Nirvana. My roommate just woke me up by putting "Incesticide" on really loud. I love my roommate, really. He wakes me up, tells me how our party went (I ducked out at midnight-thirty and didn't return till five-fifteen), immediately gives me the tally: We have 2 quarter-bottles of my hard alcohol left (fuckin' wuss-ass college kids don't know how to drink), 2 bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade, a 2-liter rootbeer, and 16 beers, and offers me breakfast. now THAT's service.

Oh, and we discovered that drinking rum and applejuice together works nicely. One of our friends, Teddy, can't eat anything with corn-syrup, nor can she drink beer (she's allergic to *everything*) So we decided to try mixing rum and juice, and it apparently made the party.

So, is there a name for this drink already? If not, I'm gonna need one.

PLEASE SHUT UP!!!

By Isolde on Saturday, August 26, 2000 - 05:38 pm:

I'm listening to my "I'm sad and angry and frustrated" mix, which comprises about five cd's now. I'm blasting it kind of like a rape victim blasts the shower the day afterwards--I'm trying to forget about it and drown it in music and I'm leaving in six days and why doesn't anyone listen to me?

By semillama on Saturday, August 26, 2000 - 07:44 pm:

Which cds are those?

By Isolde on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 01:54 am:

They'e all burned mixes. All kinds of stuff. Wierd, some of it. But good. I like them. They sooth me when I'm angry and upset.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact