cubicle

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: cubicle
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By cyst on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 06:27 pm:

office, whatever. what personal items do you have on display at work?

I have a picture of chernobyl on my computer screen and a printout of a still from faster pussycat, kill, kill tacked to the wall. that's all.

By Cat on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 07:07 pm:

*postcards from everywhere

*"Yes" sticker from the Republic campaign to dump the old chick as ruler

*photos of family, friends, and my dog

*framed "brag" stuff

*Fairy flyer (kids toy I play with when I get bored)

*Various minature ceramic things/souvenirs/joke toys...like chicken that lays eggs.

*CDs - about 30 of 'em

*stupid memos I've been sent, stuck on the wall

*a couple of coasters stolen from pubs around work

By dbone on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

i don't have a cubicle. i keep my 'puter in my closet.

cyst: you know what would really complement a scene of nuclear disaster and tura satana's cleavage in black dominatrix wear?

a nice plant.

By blindswine on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 08:22 pm:

i've got posters of the roots, parliament-funkadelic, fela kuti, BDP, james brown, and muhammad ali standing over sonny liston (1971).

all my plants die. most likely because i forget to water them.

well, all but one. but i don't keep that one at the office.

By moonit on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 09:13 pm:

I've got Grover from the Muppets

an english 'bobby' bear that my bud Scooter sent me

Dom's (my boss's son's) binoculars - they kinda work

On the board thing: Pictures of my best bud and the two winners of the Bachelor awards (radio promo we judged), the photolitho boys from the Press, Tracy (another chick at the press, with her head over Janet Jackson's), a souvalaki menu, and a gym schedule.

By NZA on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 01:10 am:

A picture of Sappho on my computer screen.

Two little pictures in cat frames: my cat, and my husband.

Two soft toys: a little bee sent by my husband for V-day (says Bee my honey), and an owl, given by a co-worker.

A Larsen desk calendar.

Assorted piles of papers that if I leave there long enough will no longer be relevant.

(I have no wall space for posters etc)

By Pez on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 01:59 am:

fairy flyer? you mean a skydancer? i used to think those things were so cool.

and grover is the coolest sesame street character.

i've got shoe stickers plastered all over the walls in the stockroom. big rolling racks and shoe boxes everywhere. and a corner where i stash my water bottle and purse.

goodnight.

By semillama on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 08:39 am:

Various conference/archaeology posters/historic maps

My framed clipping from the World Weekly News of my freind Kiko the NAked Accordionist, along with the official postcard.

Father Poulet, the unholy chicken idol of archaeology, along with several offerings.

A picture of myself, Devil Will and James with the sign for the Cottage Furnace site (which we dug at in Kentucky). The sign reads: National Forest COTTAGE FURNACE Histroic Site (sic).

The gargoyle of constipation.

A small glass bottle with a rubber stopper, containing beach glass

A spice bottle with glas stopper, containing beach pottery .

A large sign above my desks that says NO DUMPING.
    (you'd have to see my desks to get the joke.)

By J on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 09:29 am:

Even though I don't have a job,I have a cubicle,my husband got it at Cosco and we put it together.I have a porceline angel doll, an angel barbie 2 stuffed taco bell dogs,2 non-cussing furbys,2 pictures of s/o and I on donkeys,3 framed pictures of Jonathon and 2 glass heads,one green,one black,and a plastic figure of a monk with a bowling ball sucking his thumb.A small t.v.,plus the computer,scanner,printer,and angel plaque with a poem about love.

By cyst on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 11:34 am:

I'd consider getting a plant, d, if work weren't so very dark. the offices have the walls and windows to the outside, and those doors are often closed. the cubes are on the inside and see little natural light.

and the fluorescent overhead lights are always, always turned off. the cubes have as many little incandescent lamps as the occupant feels like pulling out of the supply room. but I don't think a plant would do well under them.

and besides, we're moving upstairs in the fall and then to another building in the spring.

the other people in my department have elaborately decorated cubes. they string christmas lights and indian tapestries over the walls and put up dried flowers and fake butterflies and la la la pretty things. my cube is boring and ugly and does not comply with ada rules. I blocked off the entrance with a bookshelf, and a coworker in a wheelchair came by to show me something and I had to move the shelf.

we talked about "five easy pieces." he recommended one of rafelson's latest films and offered me a braveheart dvd. he'd been trying to give it away on a mailing list we're both on, and apparently there were no takers. I still haven't watched two of the four dvds I own (the two that were gifts).

the designated mourner and the matrix.

By patrick on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

postcards, not ones that anyone has sent, just one's i like.
    -one with Neil Cassady and Jack Kerouac
    -Charlie Parker
    -Elvin Jones
    -George Benson
    -A post card annoucing the release party for the book (cover) I did for Alyson Publication. Whis in essence is a postcard of the cover.
    -A postcard of the City Lights bookstore in SF in 1988 "The New Kerouac Street, City Lights 35 Anniv."

Two pics of the wife, one someone took when we played a gig, as she finesses her keys, another in which she makes a somewhat lewd pose with two balloons, implying she would like tits of that calibre. Then various other work shit not worth mentioning.

By dbone on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 02:12 pm:

don't let wheelchair guys into your cubicle, cyst, they're all lechers.

a female in my life is always telling me i need a plant in my apartment. she says it's gloomy. i have killed every plant she's ever given me, so finally she gave me plastic one - some mass of leaves that may or may not occur in nature. she put it way up on a shelf out of my reach.

By J on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

Try cactus Droppy,or silk plants

By Isolde on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

I have two erotic toothpicks--some lesbians and a doggy-style one, a picture from the New York Stationary show, a note from Antithesis,a bunch of inserts for baronials, the usual assortment of pens and pencils, a bronze tape dispenser, some phone books, a telephone, and somemessed up cards for taking notes.

By Trace on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 03:06 pm:

How can TOOTHPICKS be EROTIC? Lesbian Toothpic?
    Doggy Style Toothpick? I gotta be missing something

By Dougie on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

A license plate with a largemouth bass and my name on it (an Israeli co-worker pointed out that it's funny in Hebrew because the word fish in Hebrew sounds like "Doug") outdated phone lists, network diagrams, IP lists of machines, Symbol Cordless Laser gun configuration barcodes, pix of myself at company softball game, pix of me with co-workers, picture of my godson, pictures of my boat, picture of me catching 40 lb striped bass, no cutesy tchotchkes.

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 01:12 am:

I thought I wrote about these. They're plastic, and at the non-toothpicking end, there are little figures...little...plastic...naked...figures....

By Antithesis on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 01:56 am:

arg. I put together one of those cheapo desks for myself today... I've been moved to a different office because of political reasons. actually almost got fired today. I have a little sign on my desk that reads (in black magic marker)

Answers: 5 cents
    right answers: 25 cents
    dumb looks are still free.

a little-kid-manufactured pencil holder.

a wallet-size pic of my daughter when she was 2 days old.

oh, and a little white sticker that says "tom's box."

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 02:03 am:

One of the girls at work quit today. Her name is Ashley. She is 20. She has 7 year's worth of black dye on her hair. Stereotypical goth. Very smart, funny, she has horrible allergies. She rocks. I'm sorry to see her go, even though she sucked as a foiler.

By Trace on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 07:53 am:

I have a yellow yeild sign that says "Alien Crossing" from Devil's Tower

By cyst on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 03:04 pm:

what's a foiler?

By patrick on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

stained glass biz?

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 03:12 pm:

I think I've mentioned I work for a company that make sstationary. Most of it is letterpress, and most of the letterpressed stuff is foiled. (Little silver hearts, sprays of golden roses, golden bees, golden dragonflies, etc). The method we use is called "foiling." We have a roll of foil which is sensitive to heat, and we heat the press. When the ornament (or type) impresses the foil while hot, it stamps the pattern, essentially. It's kind of hard to explain. The above sentances were confusing. Anyway, Ashley is the girl who foiled everything, thus "the foiler."

By Antithesis on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!

I bet she gets that alot, huh?

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 04:46 pm:

Not really, because the only people who know that her official title is "foiler" know what it means. And no one at work is cool enough to say that other than me, anyway.

By Gee on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 05:00 am:

I don't have any kind of workspace, unless you could the stacks at the library, which you can't.

but I just got a nice little Wolverine keychain for my knapsack. there's a picture of Tinkerbell on my knapsack, and a carebear (it's Tenderheart) keychain attached too. and a little Magneto pin.

I like keychains.

By Zephyr on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

I've ignored this thread until today. Too lazy to read the whole thing, also.

I don't have a cube.

My plans for my locker at school.

FUCK WORK sticker

cd liner notes

black markered stuff

evil drawings

that lamers bus pic
    http://lamebus.instadeth.org

the dirty dude in the explorer
    http://niceman.instadeth.org

halloween stuff.

and whatever else.

oh, and probably some school books and a jacket etc...

and some of my art. like my pottery shit.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact