Justice?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Justice?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 12:45 pm:

Read this

http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/08/31/wrong.waypursuit.ap/index.html

I saw a bit of this last night. the video footage is horrific. The guys racing down the free way 60+ mph going the wrong way. After a mile or two, they slam into an innocent car, head on. All 6 from both cars nearly walk away, they estimated the collision at 120mph.

Let's assume these guys are guilty of the crime they allegedly commited prior to running, that is, gang activity, gun shots and assault. They then proceed to get on the freeway going the wrong way, and nearly kill innocent people in a horrific way.

Justice?

This shit happens daily in LA, i can't figure out who is to blame. some say the media for reporting it is therfore perpetuating this behavior. (chase coverage is almost a prime time feature)

Last week a man with polio, got slammed into a wall by a bunch gang teens who were in a stolen car, running from cops. He lived, his $$$ chair did not. A donated chair came to his rescue, sob story I know.

My point is, this shit is getting old, and far more dangerous to the innocent public.

What would you suggest?

Who do these arrogant assholes think they are? they are usually under 25, gangers and have stolen a car. Do they think they can actually get away? No one ever does, if anything they only hurt themselves and innocent people and get 5 more years in prison. Last night the crash was so horrific, my emotions told me to leave the fuckers on the road, they deserved to walk to the hospital for causing such a dangerous situation.

I think one jeopardizes public saftey in such a way, your rights should dwindle.

thoughts?

Im trying to find common ground between my emotions that wants to beat this dumbfucks over the head with a big stick and one that still respects due process.

By Nate on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

it is illegal and immoral for the police to engage in a highspeed case unless there is immediate danger to innocents.

i think the pigs are at least half to blame.

"Police Lt. Sharon Buck said the chase began about 9 p.m. after officers received reports that shots had been fired and that one or more people seen traveling in a stolen car were wanted for assault. "

reports of shots fired and persuit of a stolen vehicle.

for this the cops endangered the lives of a mess of people.

By patrick on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

yeah there was speculation that the cops didnt follow precedure when they actually pursued them donw the wrong way as well. The Lt. interviewd on the news stated that procedure dictates that they proceed down the correct lanes of the other side of the freeway

considering they had a chopper on this guy, i saw no need for the cops to pusure them down the wrong way as well and thats where they may have fucked up.

however, i don't understand how you draw this,

"for this the cops endangered the lives of a mess of people."

from this

"reports of shots fired and persuit of a stolen vehicle. "

what are they supposed to ignore the call for shots fired and stolen vehicle calls? How could you say that shots fired from a stolen vehicle is NOT a danger to the public?

i think they could have backed off and followed the cocksuckers with the choppers, but he was still going the wrong way. where the hell was he supposed to exit?

I have learned that too often these guys who run, are panic sticken as they have 2 strikes, or have brains the size of peanuts.

By Nate on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 04:02 pm:

with a cop chasing, the perps went 80 down the wrong way. would they have done that without the cops on their tail?

from the air, they could track them. organize a roadblock. take out their tires with a razor strip. many things that don't involve pushing them up.

the cops didn't witness the gunplay, so that was not a sure thing. there is no report of anyone shot, so it was just a misdemeanor "discharging firearm in city limits". the grand theft auto does not provide an immediate risk to the wellbeing of any innocent.

however, pushing the perps into a high speed chase does.

this is why it is illegal for cops to engage in high speed chases over things like this.

By patrick on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

i understand that, thank you

By patrick on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

still think they should have let the cocksuckers walk to the hospital as they (perps) certainly made no effort to end the situation, guilty or not.

By Nate on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 07:27 pm:

and here i thought you believed in the evil empire.

By patrick on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 07:46 pm:

i don't believe in much anymore

By Nate on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 07:55 pm:

fuck the police.

By Tired on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 08:11 pm:

it's almost like dialogue from a play or something, except there's a minimum 9 minute response time so far.

By Nate on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 08:23 pm:

so nice of you to join us.

By Cat on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 08:27 pm:

I would have come in sooner but I couldn't decide what to wear.

By dave on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 10:10 pm:

here's a nice local story from my hometown. i think it kind of relates to a few themes up there. the dead guy is a friend of my brother, like that makes it any worse or better.

i say snuff the little fuckers out. right now.

By Isolde on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 11:39 pm:

Ugh. What the hell happened during that barbecue?

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 07:25 am:

Dave, you are right. We have enough of these types of people on this earth, and no need for more. They will never be productive members of society.

By Roo on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 08:11 am:

unfortunatley Trace, they will be RE-productive members of society. how sad. what can we do? i guess try and educate people about the Glory of Condoms. yes it's true. from beginning to end. sheepskin to plastic, whatever it takes. the simplest of all personal habits. be it brushing your teeth, to wiping your bum, everyone should know these things like the back of your hand. if people followed these simple truths (procedures), the world in time would be a much better place. but that is just me, little simpleton. am I right, or am I wrong? I guess that is cause for a new thread... let's see if I can sort it out....

By Dougie on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 08:43 am:

"I think one jeopardizes public saftey in such a way, your rights should dwindle." And exactly who will decide when somebody's rights have dwindled (the cops?) and what dwindle scale will they use (The Dewey Dwindle System?)

By Cat on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:03 am:

Dwindling with yourself should be illegal, let alone when you dwindle with others against their will.

Dwindling led to the downfall of the Roman Empire. There is also a part in the bible that expressly forbids dwindling outside of marriage(Gospel of Cat, verse 12:149)

All you dwindlers are going to hell.

By Dougie on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:22 am:

Hi, my name's Dougie, and I'm a dwindler. It's been 3 weeks since I last dwindled. I can't sleep, I can't eat, all I think about is dwindling and how good it felt. But I know there's a higher power that will help me in my fight with dwindling. I have admitted that I was powerless over dwindling and my life had become unmanageable. Now I want to control the dwindling; the dwindling will no longer control me. And with your good people's help, I will get there one day.

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:26 am:

I've heard dwindling causes blindness

By Cat on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:27 am:

Dwindle you, you ass

By Dougie on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:38 am:

NO, not that. I'm trying to quit.

By Nate on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 09:40 am:

great.

RAT FUCK PILE OF FUCK!

By Dougie on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 10:04 am:

Lighten up, man. It's a 3-day weekend coming up.

By dave. on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 10:32 am:

dougie, i'll decide. where do i apply?

By Dougie on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 10:40 am:

Go down to city hall and fill out the forms for Lord High Dwindle Rights Decider. The pay's not much, but the job does have a certain satisfaction.

By J on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 11:06 am:

If only those kids had been dwindling themselves like kids their age should,perhaps a life would have been spared.That's what I like about here,one minute everyone is all serious,the next minute everyone is wanking,sheeeesh.

By Cat on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 11:12 am:

I think that's because we're serious wankers

By Wanker on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 11:34 am:

wank, wank, wank,. Dwindle on my good christian brothers. Cat, the Roman Empire is over. So is the British. Dwindling goes on outside of marriage like it or not. (I don't). J-masturbation is NOT a cure for dwindling pro-creation in little boys. wank, wank, wank. Cat-wear whatever you like. Dougie-Are you married? This talk of dwindeling might be a good thread, depending on the meaning. are you catholic? you must haven't been to confession in awhile. Isolde? how did barbeque get in this thread? did I miss something? (meat>wank>dwindle>????) Nate>Rock on ! You rule!

You Ass!

By Isolde on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 12:14 pm:

My name is Isolde, and it's been two weeks since my last dwindling. Forgive me, High-Priest Dwindler, for I have sinned.
    *silence*
    Uh...High-Priest Dwindler?
    *scuffling sounds*
    Priest-Guy?
    *clearing of throat*
    Yes, my child?
    Right, um, it's been two weeks since I last dwindled and...
    *distincly wankish sounds*
    You are shriven, child. Go forth and say four Hail Dwindlers to repent.

By patrick on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 12:45 pm:

i'll hold em down for ya dave, you get the 9 iron and the pitchin wedge.

those boys are gonna be doing a lot of dwindlin in the pokey. Too often by someone else...

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:00 pm:

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

by the way, this was during a record breaking heat
    wave

By patrick on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

I just saw a band from KC last night....

Split Lip Rayfield

mandolin-guitar-gastank/broom-handle-upright bass 3 piece....blue-grass redneck pickin shit

it was fun.

i know alot of people from KC, there is a strange Hollywood/KC pipeline..... I have learned that every bloke from KC i meet can bowl and barbeq.....

...oh and i always get a bottle of Gate's when the go home to visit......mmmmmmmm

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:25 pm:

Gates is good, bu KC Masterpiece is the best.
    I bowl, I bbq, uh oh........

By patrick on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

KC Masterpiece? thats like generic store brand shit.

my friends, would hunt you down for being such a shameful KC bar b q er

By Trace on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

By Jay on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

The fucking bar b Q wars. there's this place here in st. pete called Big Tims and if you can get to the place without getting shot it's got the best bar b Q going.

By semillama on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 04:22 pm:

Maul's trumps KC's.

Famous Dave's has some good sauces as well.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact