How did you find Sorabji?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: How did you find Sorabji?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 06:50 pm:

Yes. I know there's already a thread on this, but I'm too lazy to dig it out. I'm curious to hear everyone's Sorabji stories again.

I found it because one day I was bored, and I started typing random stuff into my window. I came up with a pretty cool site and started to read it. He has this awesome story called She Hates My Futon which I read with delight. Anyway. One day I went to his links page, and there was a whole page devoted to Sorabji. I clicked it, and wandered around the site for a while before finding the boards...the rest is history.
    So share.

By Pez on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 06:59 pm:

there's a cool website devoted to my fav radio station http://www.knrk.com and i checked out the links one day. i got attached to the "what are you doing?" and didn't even realize that there were boards until someone pointed out that my gigantic 16-stanza poem would probably be better off on the boards...

By moonit on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

By Isolde on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

Woah. That's an awesome site. See you in a few hours.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:34 pm:

links page at Robert Anton Wilson's page, listed inthe category "Good Sites to Surf While Stoned" and decribed as "concept art or something".

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 07:48 pm:

A friend of mine told me about it. She found it from a link off of a homepage of a girl named Evany. Evany Thomas, I think. No relation, if I'm not mistaken.

By TBone on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 01:46 am:

I was screwing around, looking for information on payphones. I found the payphone project, but didn't know about all this other stuff until I ran into WAYD one day... Then a month later I managed to realize that they were the same page. I've been cruizing off and on for some years since then.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 03:33 am:

I actually cannot remember how I got here. I just remember mentioning that I liked the way your names show up in blue and someone swore at me.

By Trace on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 07:01 am:

By Trace on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 07:04 am:

PS- I am not responsible for you getting lost for weeks at this sight/ring whatever the hell you want to call it

By Trace on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 07:07 am:

Sem, that page really hurt my eyes!

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 09:10 am:

I have a Yahoo mail account and they send me a daily e-mail with "cool" sites. They had a link to the payphone project, and I poked around and found the message board.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 10:18 am:

Wasn't the payphone project featured in a magazine at one point?

By J on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 10:27 am:

And on t.v.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 10:32 am:

Wow! TV! That's exciting. Who featured it?

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 11:00 am:

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 11:41 am:

he's everywhere! yaah!

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

when i got a computer about four years ago i was trying to figure out how to find my friend's website (i had NO internet experience at all). i ended up with a list of cool websites and i saw the place of general happiness. i related with some of mark's stories. i wandered away, and only thought about the site about once a year.

my visit in february led me to deaper exploration and i found the boards.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 02:17 pm:

TBone showed me my sophomore year in highschool (his Junior year). Since then I've used the school computers and my own to access the maddness.

By Pez on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

sometimes this place reminds me of the tea party in alice in wonderland.

actually, that sounds fun...everybody, come to my house! we can drink tea, wear big hats, and play croquet (not nessessarily in that order)!

By Kamauhigh on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 04:59 pm:

I used to work with Mark. One day he handed me a card that said 'Go fuck yourself' and listed the url. How could I resist?

By Apparissus on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 01:11 am:

I found Sorabji a very, very long time ago (in internet time anyway) when it was kind of just getting started (I think). The payphone project lured me here.

By Nelly on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 11:40 pm:

i think i told this already somewhere. i was miserable one night and just started doing altavista searches on words like "weird" and "happiness" or maybe both of them combined...and found what i was seeking...

By Tired on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 04:50 pm:

Trace - you went to hell.com and that's how you got there, ja?

Also in that vein are kalx.com, jodi.org, and superbad.com.

Once I was invited to a hell.com "RAVE," although I can't see how you could really hold a rave on the internet, but I'll never know cos I got the invitation too late.

By Tom on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 05:03 pm:

yah. ditto. at least the invitation told me where to go to look around, and that was fun... they've got some neat toys up.

By Amo on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

I was reallt quiet todat, and typed in "things to talk about", loking for interesting things,
    And i found this.

By Jennifer. P on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 08:40 pm:

I was just typing "I see you in Hell" and this came up. I think it's cool! It's a way to write something.

By moonit on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 01:55 am:

I forgot about disgruntled housewife.

By dave. on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 03:04 am:

i miss pretty aunt nancy.

By dave. on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 03:13 am:

here's some nancy:

Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 18:57:50 -0800
    Reply-To: nancy <dunlap@MAGPAGE.COM>
    Sender: Weird News Discussion List <TREPAN-D@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU>
    Subject: Re: Elephants
    Comments: To: Keith Jenkins <keithj@KEITHJ.DEMON.CO.UK>
    I had one of those poops last night that was evocative of when you wipe
    your inside windshield with something from the bottom of the car, and it
    smears and you can't get it off. It was like that. I not only had to
    keep wiping my anus ad nauseum, the surrounding cheek area was afflicted
    and there was such a smear. Not only that, we were out of toilet paper
    and I was stuck with paper towels. I hate that because you run the risk
    of stopping up the toilet, plus it hurts to keep wiping your tender anal
    tissue with Brawny.
    ND
    --
    http://www.magpage.com/~dunlap

wow, that was from a long time ago. she was crass. good shit.

By dave. on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 03:18 am:

source.

brown university. fuck yeah.

By Alex on Thursday, July 8, 2004 - 11:05 pm:

thought you might find this interesting: i'm from sc, usa, and I'm travelling in thailand. here in the hotel (pimarn, nakhon sawan) using up the last of my public internet terminal minutes, and I decided to google pretty aunt nancy, who I'd forgotten for years. but I did love the hell out of her. so what do I find? not only that she's gone, but that the first link I follow in looking for her also has a reference to evany thomas, who I've also loved reading for years. (btw, I've deliberately chosen not to observe the who/whom rules. not in the mood.) just an odd, opposite corner of the world, small world moment. cheers, alex.

By agatha on Friday, July 9, 2004 - 12:15 pm:

Right on, Alex. Come back soon, y'all hear?

By Phone Phreaker Inc on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:03 am:

I happened to be curious about payphone and somehow.... ended up with sorabji....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact