I'm in a weird mood today

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I'm in a weird mood today
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Wavy on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 12:45 pm:

My morning so far:

Bed after 4 am.

Whitney (my dog) persistenly trying to get me out of bed at 9 am. I finally get up and let her out and set my alarm to give me 20 min more.

At the sound of the alarm, I literally jump out of bed. I come aware and pseudo-awake as I'm vertical, arm outstretched for the off button and one foot just about to touch down, the other still trailing behind me on the bed (I put my alarm clock on a bookcase on the far side of the room - I find that actually getting up and walking a few steps does wonders for general wakefulness.)

As I meander down the hall, I realize there's a song going through my head - it seems to be the fading fragments of a dream, but it's still clear enough to sing to myself as I get into the shower.

It's sung to the tune of "Good Love," but uses the words PPP - as in Internet Dial-in protocall. As I sing it to myself, I elaborate and change the theme a bit.

I've got a feelin', so ba-a-ad
    I've got to go as bad as I ever had
    I said Doctor (Doctor)
    Mr. MD (Doctor)
    Why don't you tell me
    why can't I pee?

I said Yeah yeah yeah yeah yea-a-ah
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah yea-a-ah

Please please tell me
    why can't I pee?

Pee pee
    Pee pee
    Pee pee (you know you got ta go, got ta go)
    Pee pee (you know you got ta go, got ta go)

Normal getting-ready-for-work stuff.
    Drive to get coffee. I notice that the river is glass-calm today - even as it flows over the falls.

At work, I walk down the hall to get a healthy breakfast of Pop-Tarts to go with my Americano.
    I turn the corner and I see the backside of a large, black filing cabinet beside the door for the computer tech guys. It brings to mind the obelisk from 2001 and I think it's an apt comparison.

I giggled as I walked past it, figuring it was a Far Side-type joke - the only way someone would get the idea is if you construct a really elaborate framework around it. So I try to tell a couple of friends about it and they just look at me and change the subject.

By Nate on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 02:08 pm:

i got up this morning at 4am. that's about as far as i can relate to what you wrote.

By Wavy on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 04:15 pm:

Well, I tried.

By Pez on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 04:44 pm:

oh, i know that song!

i had a really weird dream. but i think i know where it came from. the combo of going to get my yearbook from last year, seeing an old friend/crush, listening to loveline after work, and thinking about my ex.

a friend of mine supposedly molested his sister (i have no clue if he has a sister in the first place, but he did in my dream), at least according to what she said. she was prone to lying. but then he called me up and wanted to go out. i was like "sure, let's go!" so we did.

later on, i was wearing a garfield sweatshirt over a swimsuit top. he had me pull off my sweatshirt, and my sister said "trying to get a guy?" so i put on a pink tank top.

it was a little odd. no more apple juice before bed.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact