she asked me to marry her, so i said yes.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: she asked me to marry her, so i said yes.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bell_jar on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

we made apple pie today. i started knitting on thursday, and i cleaned my house yesterday. i am much too domestic for my own good this week.

after we finished making the apple pie she grabbed this key ring off of the counter and said, "will you marry me amanda." i said yes without hesitation. i know it was a joke, and we laughed.

it's somewhat funny because i don't ever see myself getting married. it scares me, yet it was kind of nice to hear someone say that to me.

will someone ever love me enough to want to spend the rest of his/her life with me? will i change my mind about wanting to be married when i meet that special someone who makes me rootbeer floats when i'm sad and pets my hair just the way i like it?

b*** petted my hair the other night. it had been so long since someone had done it that i was shocked at how good it felt.

i've gone on a tangent. blah.

so level with me... what do you think about pumpkin pie?

By Isolde on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 09:14 pm:

I loved pumpkin pie in my non-vegan days. Yummy stuff, especially with fresh pumpkin and whipped cream right out of the cow. Well...figuratively. You know, fresh cream.
    Anyway.
    Once, a friend made "pumkin pie" with squash. It was so foul...we felt bad, she made like 18 of these pies.
    So we handed them out to little kids on the street.

By JusMiceElf on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 11:39 pm:

The best pumkin pie recipie I've stumbled across is from The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American.

The Froog has you take a medium-sized pumkin, scoop out the junk and save the seeds for roasting. Then you assemble the ingredients, eggs, cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and I forget what all else. You mix all those ingredients together, then pour them into the pumkin. Put the lid back on, toss the whole thing into the oven until the custard sets and the pumkin meat is soft.

Serve by scraping some pumkin meat along with a scoop of custard onto a plate or bowl. Feeling decadent? Top with creme fraiche.

Measurements vary according to the size of the pumkin, but the proportions are the same as a basic custard. I made this a couple of times, years ago in college, and it was a hit

By pez on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 02:32 am:

i've made pumpkin pudding before, from an authentic (somewhat) colonial recipe. pumpkin pie filling is better.

By Hal on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 10:27 am:

Mmmmmm.... Pie....

I love pumpkin pie, with wipped cream, and maybed a little ice cream if I'm feeling like it.

Pie is good.

By Isolde on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

The pumkin custard in the pumpkin sounds really good. Damn, I'll have to try and make a vegan version.

By Tom on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

Pumpkin pie. good.
    Squash pie. can be just as good, if done correctly.

My mom used to make "real" pumpkin pie, as opposed to using canned pumpkin filler. It was the first thing I ate when I got my jaw un-wired. I'll always have a soft spot for Pumpkin pie.

By pez on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 06:59 pm:

why was your jaw wired?

By Isolde on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 07:12 pm:

when it was broken, yo.

By NZA on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 10:42 pm:

mmm... pumpkin pie good. I always make it at Halloween (well we don't do thanksgiving here). But everyone looks at it like some alien spawn. Pumpkins are veges here - you eat them roasted with lamb and gravy and potatoes and kumera. Not sweet dessert type stuff. They just can't picture it. Poor fools. I use the receipe in Joy of Cooking, or one from Mum's friend who lives in Colorado.

By Tom on Sunday, October 1, 2000 - 11:03 pm:

I broke my jaw at both joints about 6 years ago after a face plant at 35mph. Got to eat everything from a blender.

Ever experienced the joy which is bacon, eggs, and toast as a puree?

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 12:05 am:

The froog diddled little boys. think on that next time you eat his pie.

broken jaw or not.

FUCK A PUSSY TILL IT BLEEDS.

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 12:23 am:

DoJo in NYC has the greatest pumpkin pie I ever had. It's been 5 years and I still remember it.

I also used to go to this takeout place where you could get butternut squashja and pumpkin mixed together as a vegetable and it was yumma.

Oh and at the county fair here they had pumpkin pudding samples they were giving away.

Pumpkin is so damn good.

By pez on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 01:21 am:

yowch!

i once broke my toe when i was a hurdler on the track team. that doesn't seem to compare.

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 08:17 am:

I break my toes all the time! Everyone else thinks it's funny. I don't. Most of the time, it's doing stupid stuff like kicking doors or running barefoot on uneven cement.
    Yay toe breaking.

By J on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 09:50 am:

I thought I broke my toe a while back,but my doctor said I jammed it,not toe jam,I jammed my toe,it's better now.

By pez on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:11 am:

i once jammed my toe b/c i tried to bowl by kicking the ball down the lane. used the wrong type of kick.

a new sport: BOWLING SOCCER!!!

By moonit on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:08 pm:

i've never had pumpkin pie.

I would be one of the people to eye it
    strangely.

I don't eat it with roasties either. blah.

I broke my jaw when I was four. Car crash. Still
    got a nice little scar too.

And as for marriage, the only guy I ever really
    could _see_ me being with forever is dead.

that was cheerful. Not.

I blame stupid daylight savings. grrrr

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:43 am:

I see.
    Pumpkin pie is a goodness. Even I like it.

By pez on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 02:51 am:

i once bit completely through my lip when i was four. faliing down the stairs. i still have a scar.

By NZA on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:56 am:

I'll bring you a piece next time i make pumpkin pie Moonit. It doesn't taste like pumpkin.

Talking of chilhood accidents, when i was three I jammed my little finger in the hinge side of a wardrobe door. The nail still grows strangely as a result.

Maybe I should try the homeopathic anti jet lag pills to help adjust to daylight savings.

By moonit on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 01:16 am:

Deal. I'll make you a batch of my wicked moro muffins. mmmmmm

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact