do you believe?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: do you believe?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 06:38 pm:

today is friday the 13th. and the full moon. is it a coincidence?

time to share our superstitious adventures!

By patrick on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 07:33 pm:

i dunno, im going to a hockey game,

maybe you'll see me on the news with a puck wedged between my eyes, we are sitting behind the goal...

"go kings..."

By sarah on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 09:36 pm:

i believe in chocolate.

By Isolde on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 10:39 pm:

I went to Salem today, on the spur of the moment. Ditched work and went to see the origional documents. It was so much fun. A little crowded, there are "haunted happenings." But it was just amazing. Old buildings and stuff.
    I don't know if I believe.

By Sheila on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 10:57 pm:

Sarah! It's me.

By J on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 11:16 pm:

How are you Sheila? You have been missed.

By Sheila on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 11:34 pm:

Thank you. I have missed this place, too. I just got my life back. Still on the mountain, still sheltering animals, hanging sheetrock instead of being a planner. Have there been weddings? Births? Or.....? It would take me hours to catch up reading back.

By Isolde on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 11:45 pm:

Welcome back, Sheila.
    Pam had a baby.
    No marriages...yet...a few brief failed relationships and near misses, the usual.
    Hope you are well.

By sarah on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 02:40 am:

Sheila!!!!! oh god that is so weird. i just emailed agatha (or was it christop?) *today* about how i was so worried about you, or wondered what had become of you. i have missed you so much. please stick around. play some scrabble. i just got back on the boards.

you wouldn't believe how (some) things have changed. or maybe you would. for one, it's yet another Friday night and i'm staying home yet again. gonna read a book written by the Dali Lama given to me by my yoga instructor.

what have you been up to? how are the geese? how are the lois'es and paul? how is Bad Hair?

i thought of you on my birthday, as i drank nearly an entire fifth of VODKA, in the weaker form of martinis. and believe me, i remember why i don't do shit like that but once in a blue moon.

and in case anyone has forgotten, Sheila believes in pie.

By pez on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 02:53 am:

didn't swallow any gum, break any mirrors, or even use any ladders. my cats aren't black. but there is a new (cute) boy named jason at work, and he's single!

but there was a bounced check at my register.

By Antigone on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 03:04 am:

My cat is black.

But, it's Saturday the 14th where I'm at, so I guess I survived.

By J on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

Margret is going to be a Mrs. anytime,Nate is engaged and bought a house.There is more but I have to think about it,and I have a hangover.I'll have to regroup some brain cells first.Oh yea they let the bastard that killed Fetid Beaver's brother out of the slammer.

By Isolde on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 12:37 pm:

*growls*
    Yay pez!
    Gekk boy and I had a bonding moment this morning. My hopes rise again. I'm dancing this afternoon.

By pez on Sunday, October 15, 2000 - 12:59 am:

i have three:

andy is apparel on-the-floor and plays guitar. we got in a big discussion about callouses.

jason is apparel checker, slightly shy and smells faintly of sweat, just enough to make me wonder about what he does in his spare time.

paul is in my poetry class, wears black plastic glasses, looks like he shaved his head sometime in august, and has a nice smile.

today i had the feeling that if any were nearby at the moment i could kiss them and not worry about it. even if i did have customers (which i didn't).

By Gee on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 04:05 pm:

Shadi.

By semillama on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

I was in a moving truck that day, in the states of Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Other than almost wrecking a fragile new relationship, everything went well.

i think the relationship has been repaired.

As far as cats go, I have no black ones, but one of Mavis' needs to go to the vet today for more amoxycillin.

By sarah on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 04:53 pm:

fragile new relationship?

do tell.

or am i missing something? yeah, that's probably the case...

By sarah on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

Gee!!

By Wavy on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 09:26 pm:

relationships have a way of flowering (or withering) on cross-country drives.

I had the good forutne of a flowering relationship when I drove from Alaska to Idaho a couple of years back.

Only a couple of "oh SHIT!" moments when I didn't know if I could keep the car on a curvy road, and one tense moment on the way to Salt Lake City to drop off stickchick.

I believe in my dog's ability to shed profusely.

By Isolde on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 10:18 pm:

Indeed, road trips often alter people's perceptions of each other.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

Actually, I think this all began on the previous road trip.

This one was different. I wasn't sure we had one still, probably due to all the stress from moving and driving, combined with poor nutrition, lack of sleep, and miscommunication. I kind of freaked out THursday night and thought I blew it all to hell, but I think by sunday morning, we had worked out the problem.

At least I think so. I'm really in the dark about all this stuff, which is part of the problem.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 02:56 pm:

I think I mentioned somewhere else that geek boy has invited me to stay at a friend's with him an hour or so away. Not quite a cross country roadtrip, but...hrm. This should be interesting.

By pez on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

(mr. burns hand motion) excellent.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact