CT

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: CT
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

I have a friend in Connecticut. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should visit him. I think he'd like to see me, he's had a hard time lately. He's a funny one. Moved halfway across the country to live with an internet girl and isn't enjoying it very much right now. I thought a visit from an old friend might cheer him up.
    But were were involved at one point, and I'm wondering if that would be wierd. I guess it's been almost two years now, but he still might find it a little awkward. I can understand that. Trying to decide what I want to do. I think visiting him would be cool and all, but...I wonder what would happen.

By Z on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

shut it, isolde. i expect better from you!

of COURSE you should go see the poor kid!
    The whole "involved" shiznat doesn't count for anything.

where at in ct?

saaaaay....dude, like, keep an eye on the local hardcore and metal scene/shows hehe. if you see something for shadows fall, GO! they are great.

kinda like folky-punky-metal-stuff. its neato.

heh. kinda funny how everyone manages to meet up with people they've known so much.

have fun

By Gee on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

I was hoping this thread was about Captain Tractor.

dissapointed again.

By Isolde on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

Well, Gee, we can make it be about Captain tractor if you like...

By Dougie on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

Who's Captain Tractor?

By moonit on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

shhh Dougie. shhhh.

By agatha on Friday, November 3, 2000 - 12:46 am:

i am from connecticut. where does he live?

By Isolde on Friday, November 3, 2000 - 09:11 am:

Redding. I've actually been there, but I didn't think of visiting him until I left, and then I thought "gee, I should have visited x."

By pez on Friday, November 3, 2000 - 11:22 am:

ouch. don't we all have 20/20 hindsight?

By Tom on Saturday, November 4, 2000 - 03:32 am:

Um. wow. I just wrote a very long post regarding why you shouldn't go visit him. it boiled down to the fact that he's slimy, manipulative, fucked up, and evil, with a history of using and abusing every female in his reach (well. provided they are over the age of 12.)

But I hear conneticut is nice. Is this true?

ah, well. I keep meaning to head east. it won't ever happen.

By agatha on Saturday, November 4, 2000 - 01:34 pm:

i don't even know where the hell redding is. connecticut is not very nice, but then again, i grew up there so of course i don't think it's nice. new haven is pretty cool, though. parts of connecticut are nice, i guess. what major city is redding near?

By Isolde on Saturday, November 4, 2000 - 02:56 pm:

It's pretty close to Stamford or Norwalk--both towns are relatively near. Anyhow.
    He's a good friend and he's done a lot for me, including giving me a lot of respect when I needed it. Sometimes that all I really wanted, and he gave it to me unconditionally. He and I have been in touch off and on since he moved, and he sounds really sad there. I've decided visiting him will cheer him up. Maybe I'll drop by someday. I think it's time for me to do something for hom.

By jusmiceelf on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 02:37 am:

Is it that close to Stamford? I thought it was close to Danbury. Mabye about halfway between. I drove through it a couple of times when I lived in New Fairfield, and used to hang out in Danbury. There's not so much to do in Danbury--there was a coffeehouse, and a couple of semi decent bars, and the Bethel cinema. Best of all was the Texas Taco, but that was actually in New York. It's the world's most surreal taco joint....has to be seen to be believed.

By Gee on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 02:41 am:

since someone asked, about three days ago, Captain Tractor is not a WHO but a collective of WHO'S. it's a band. a canadian band, which explains why you've never heard of them.

but ah, they're rip-roaring fun. they do a cool cover of "The Logdriver's Waltz".

I also think it's nice that Isolde thought of me when she was considering visiting her pal. that's sweet.

By Isolde on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 08:55 am:

I'll take your word for it, 'elf, I was kind of delerious when I was there, so I remember Stamford but nothing else, really. Anyhow. Yeah. Thanks for the better guidance.

By jusmiceelf on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 08:57 am:

Personally, I like "Frozen Puck to the Head."

By Isolde on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 09:15 am:

Gee, do you live in CT?

By Gee on Tuesday, November 7, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

I live in Canada. did you really not know that?

I say that you thought of me because you said "gee, I should have visited x." I was making a funny!

Jusmicelf is my new buddy.

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 7, 2000 - 03:16 pm:

Now I do now it.
    Now I understand your funny! HAH HAH!
    Anyway. Yeah, I should have visited him. He's probably voting Nader right now when I could have convinced him. *sigh* alas.

By jusemiceelf on Tuesday, November 7, 2000 - 07:19 pm:

I's honored to be, Gee.

Let's all sing along:

We were born to be wild we were born to smell the roses
    Not to kiss some deadbeat's butt or pick their noses
    We were born to run free through the hills and through the valleys
    We were bron under blue skies not concrete alleys

We were born to be wild
    We were born to be free
    Come with me

So let's get up off our asses take the blinders off our eyes
    Grab a chance before it passes to live beyond the lies
    We were born to fall in love we were born to be lovers
    Just to live is not enough you've got to love one another

Gotta free yo'self!

By Gee on Wednesday, November 8, 2000 - 02:50 pm:

aren't you the cutest!

did you go in for Hoserista?

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 10:57 pm:

Well thank ya kindly Miss Gee.

Hoserista is their new one? I'm outta da loop...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact