cat - To the citizens of the United States of America...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: cat - To the citizens of the United States of America...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

This is an email I got yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny. My uncle added some stuff and sent it this morning so I'll chuck it on the end...

To the citizens of the United States of America...

In the light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective today.

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchial duties over all states, commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does not fancy. Your new prime minister (The Rt. Hon. Tony Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded.

A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium" . Check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.
    Generally, you should raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. Look up "vocabulary". Using the same twenty seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. Look up "interspersed" .

2. There is no such thing as "US English" . We will let Microsoft know on your behalf.

3. You should learn to distinguish the English and Australian and New Zealand accents. It really isn't that hard.

4. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as the good guys.

5. You should relearn your original national anthem, God Save The Queen, but only after fully carrying out task 1. We would not want you to get confused and give up half way through.

6. You should stop playing American football. There is only one kind of football. What you refer to as American football is not a very good game. The 2.15% of you who are aware that there is a world outside your borders may have noticed that no one else plays American" football. You will no longer be allowed to play it, and should instead play proper football.

Initially, it would be best if you played with the girls. It is a difficult game.

Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which is similar to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like nancies). We are hoping to get together at least a US rugby sevens side by 2005.

7. You should declare war on Quebec and France, using nuclear weapons if they give you any merde. The 98.85% of you who were not aware that there is a world outside your borders should count yourselves lucky. The Russians have never been the bad guys. Merde is French for "shit".

8. July 4th is no longer a public holiday. November 8th will be a new national holiday, but only in England. It will be called
    Indecisive Day.

9. All American cars are hereby banned. They are crap and it is for your own good. When we show you German cars, you will understand what we mean.

10. Stop referring to the World Series of Baseball and instead call it the National Series of USA, Cuba and Japan.

11. Please tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us crazy.

By Gee on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

hehehehehe.

freakin' americans.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:20 pm:

"10. Stop referring to the World Series of Baseball and instead call it the National Series of USA, Cuba and Japan."

Before you belittle our national pasttime, maybe you should do a little more research. The World Series encompasses US and Canada. Cuba and Japan have nothing to do with it.

By moonit on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

Everybody note that amendment.

I didnt write it Dougie it was a forward I got.

By J on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:30 pm:

Can't we all just get along?

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:31 pm:

I don't believe she is belittling our national pastime.
    That was very, very funny.

By Cat on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

Oh shut up or they'll ship you out here Dougie...and then you'll pout non-stop because our pubs don't have that fancy forrun Bud stuff you like to drink.

(Thanks Moon Lovey, I'm sending it out to a few of the new subjects right away)

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

God forbid

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

I think I should visit austrailia.
    A pub without bud. I need to see it, now. They don't have it in Eire, either. Thank God. It would be an insult to Guinness.
    This is an aside, I know. But while I'm waiting for Cat to send me an address so that I can mail her something exciting (perhaps even a "unique vermont gift"), WHEN is my mailart going to arrive?

By moonit on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:38 pm:

You can get bud here. It is around $17 for a six pack of bottles.

They dont stock it everywhere however.

By dave. on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

i just got that email, too. how irritating. stupid mailing lists.

By J on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

The best beer I ever had in my life was an Imperial beer,they made it in Costa Rica,tried to get some when I came back,but they don't export it here.I'd drink it everyday if they did.

By patrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:46 pm:

yeah i got it yesterday.

its not THAT funny

in further seperating the divide and creating unecessary strife on the boards...i'd like to go on record that Guinness is NOT the god of beer....its fuckin rank, mudlike beer served at room temp.....beer should not be torturous

By Nate on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:52 pm:

ah, pussy.

get back to your little dusty corner with your tecate and mexiweed.

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 03:52 pm:

Have you only had Guinness in the states? Because the stuff here isn't worth touching with a ten foot pole. But my beloved Ireland...that's another story. Anyhow. I'm all for unecessary strife.

By Cat on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 04:28 pm:

Oh and:

12. Send us a picture of Nate's cock or we'll blow up the Statue of Liberty. We're sick of just hearing the stories and want proof.

By patyrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

dusty corner?

listen up you nocal ganja snob....patrick don't smokey the ditch weed, patrick eats the ditchweed if its onsale...patrick smokey the good shit...the glow in the dark shit....

tecate is an alright beer....my favorite and usual is bass...

so go choke on your uppity Anchor Steam and santa cruz elitist weed

what stories are you referring to cat? go ahead take the statue, no one visits it but foreigners anyway

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 04:42 pm:

Actually, I think Nate is SoCal too. Am I wrong? Blast it all.
    The statue isn't very exciting. Doesn't raise any tears in my eyes any time I see the damn thing.

By patrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 04:53 pm:

yes you are

By dave. on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:32 pm:

guinness is nastay. if i have to drink "authentic" stout, i'll have beamish over guinness every time.

it's holiday season again and, while holidays felch dog cum (no need to discuss pros and cons of holidays. it's been done to death.), holiday ales are in full effect. rejoice!

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:42 pm:

Try a black and tan first. You've got to wean yourself onto to it.

What's wrong with holidays, dave.? I rather like them.

By Cat on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:50 pm:

Oh let's talk about the pros and cons of holidays...I'm all for disobeying dave. It's all part of my plot to win over Agatha.

I adore Christmas. This could be my first one alone, so it might be different. Anyway, I'm still going to do all the cooking and carrying on I usually do and who knows...Santa might bring me a special present.

By dave. on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

i don't wanna talk about it. you've heard it all before.

By Cat on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

(Sorry Isolde, can't find your email addy anywhere)

By dave. on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:57 pm:

oh, and it's not like guinness is too strong. it's darkness is misleading. it's about the weakest dark beer i've ever had. yes, i've had it on tap. yes, it was poured properly. yes, i wasted $4.50. yes, i should have just stuck with a brown ale or a porter.

mmmm. porter.

By patrick on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 05:58 pm:

cat, wait till valentine's day...you should win her over for good at that time....

By dave. on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:01 pm:

grrrrrr.

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

Everything except the stuff in Eire=nasty. Nast. I don't really like beer, but I do like it. Anyhow...

By Dougie on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

How do you not really like beer, but like it?

By Isolde on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

I have an odd sense of taste, I guess. I really hate all american beers and beer in a can unilaterally.

By TBone on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 06:39 pm:

I have to agree with the nastatiousness of the
    holiday season. Christmas is indeed grotendous.
    I've always assoiciated it with nasty, snarling
    greed and other similar emotions. I think being
    pulled between two families had something to do
    with it... At times it was nice to think of
    having two christmases, but the whole problem of
    deciding who got my brother and I for the actual
    christmas day and who had to settle for the day
    before or after was unpleasant, as was the oddness
    of having chrismas morning with a different family
    than I would sleep with that night. My brother
    developed the same attitude, and when he was
    young, threw some clothes he got at our tree. He
    didn't like to get clothes for christmas.

The whole month before bites my ass as well. The
    whole Christmas symbolism and color scheme I see
    everywhere has become so gaudy and irritating in
    my eyes... Same goes for those of the United
    States. Maybe when I'm out of school and VERY far
    from home, I will be able to enjoy it... Or maybe
    I'll just move to Japan and give up the idea
    altogether.

So that's what I think of it all.

By J on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 12:41 am:

II'm about the only one I know who has has been married a long time,I guess I stayed for my kids.

By Dougie on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 08:18 am:

I like Thanksgiving. I don't get to see my family very often, and it's a nice chance to see them without having all the trappings of Christmas.

By agatha on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 11:44 am:

dave is the anti-holiday. it's all wrapped up in the general anti-ness that comes from not liking anyone or anything telling him what to do. the government, bosses, police, holidays- dave hates them all. silly boy.

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 12:10 pm:

shaddup.

and pay that phone bill, why don'cha.

By agatha on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 12:58 pm:

where is it?

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

oooh. nice one.

nevermind. i'll take care of it.

By Cat on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 02:26 pm:

Oh you big strong hunter and gatherer you.

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 04:32 pm:

come here so i can fart on your head.

By Cat on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

I'll be right over. That's the best offer I've had all day.

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

i'm saving some global warmers just for you. you better show up or i'll have to unleash on agatha and it'll be your fault.

By patrick on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 05:05 pm:

you the kinda of guy to fart in bed and wave the sheets around aren't ya?

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 05:16 pm:

not exactly. i do fart in bed - a lot - but waving the sheets takes the surprise out of it.

remember: ninja fart. by the time they notice, it's far too late.

By patrick on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 05:40 pm:

do you think having a child desensitizes these kinds of subjects....make em easier....because your little one...with no bias or prejudices at all....will make comments like

"ohh daddy you STINK!!!....."

"or Mommy daddy poo-ed and it stinky in the bathroom"

eventually its get easier to be more open and easy going about these types of things....

or were you openly farting on agatha's head in the bed since day one?

By Isolde on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

I've always been pretty open about bodily stuff. Of course, I'm not married. In the hypothetical situation of me releasing silent but deadlies, I'd be ok with it. If, on the other hand, in the hypothetical situation of releasing a loud one...not ok.

By Cat on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 07:13 pm:

My little nephew calls them "bottom burps". Too cute.

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 08:11 pm:

we have an open door policy about the bathroom although i get kinda cranky when agatha insists on having a conversation with me while i'm painting the toilet. cleo's beeen showing a little modest lately.

i don't think i've ever farted on her head. i don't really have to. the effect is the same whether i'm an inch away or 10 feet away.

excuse me while i bottom vomit.

By dave. on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

eee

By Czarina on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 10:48 am:

My five year old niece says," oooh,'cuse my bottom,please."Very charming,and easily forgivable.

By heather on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 03:50 pm:

don't know why i'm so chatty...

my mom baby-sat for twin boys while i was in highschool [she loved it, they were about 4 years old.] for a while one of their favorite phrases was, "i'm a cool dude, and i like to gas."

By J on Wednesday, November 22, 2000 - 12:22 am:

Jonathon always say's his hiney burped.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact