who do we think we are?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: who do we think we are?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By heather on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

why is everyone so goddamn judgmental?

i'm not sayin that i'm not. and i realize that saying this is in itself judgmental, but i don't care.

what gives, people?

i was feeling rant-y. but i give up.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

have you been judged lately? or is this a response to something you have seen here recently?

By semillama on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

If you don't want commentary on your thoughts, don't post them. You have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you, or like what you like. You can either whine about it or just get on with the next thing. I mean, Dave and I could argue endlessly over how much Motorhead kicks ass, but what's the point? He doesn't agree with, so what? No skin off my balls.

By Cat on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

I like being a judgemental bitch. It beats knitting.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

I have to agree... I love playing the Devils Advocate here even if the argument is I'm presenting isn't the one I belive in, its fun. It gets people thinking, even myself. And although almost no one will ever agree with me, its still fun. And then there are those times when we are discussing something purely trivial and someone argues with someone else about it, what point is there, none but who the fuck cares its fun right?

By Cat on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 04:23 pm:

Don't bloody agree with me you big pooncy bumtonguer.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

i like to see my cum leaking from the pink cave.

i'm not sure why.

seeing other people's cum leaking from a pink cave is rather nasty. in my mind.

seeing goo leaking from a slit in a tree or a crack in the wall, also nasty.

it's something about my cum. i did that.

i like when it holds right at the opening. round and full and pregnant. like a teardrop pearl.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 07:19 pm:

you liar

By Hal on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

Some how, I think I missed something in the translation of that...

By sarah on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 09:12 pm:

heather, you ok? what's up?

By J on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 11:33 pm:

Heather's a. o.k.,it's Nate that's not well.

By J on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 11:34 pm:

His cum is leaking,must find plug.

By heather on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:28 am:

i'm fine

i wasn't talking about myself really anyway, at
    least not consciously

just a general thing. like the guy in the fish suit.
    i mean, thank god for people like that. people
    who's weirdness has escaped their own boundaries.

i'm just having a 'people seem narrow-minded'
    kick. don't take it personally.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:48 am:

yeah, well, seems like They had a Sale on That lately.

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 01:13 am:

open-mindedness is over-rated and inefficient. chaos is flaky. expect more madness.

By heather on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 01:20 am:

sale on what? weirdness?

rigid narrow-mindedness can equal lack of vision

efficiency is often a myth

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 01:40 am:

not everyone has a supercomputer between their ears. for those who don't, stereotypes make life easier. opinions do too. open-mindedness is a luxury. easy for those who can afford to float around on it's vapors.

By sarah on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 02:12 am:

the majority of my friends have significant weirdness that escapes their boundaries. that's why they are my friends. i feel fuckin lucky if anyone who is truly weird wants to hang out with me at all.

some people don't get it, true, but that should be ok as well. the judgmental people have to live in their own private hell. isn't that good enough?

By heather on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 02:30 am:

yea sarah, that's why the rant was short-lived.

dave, i still don't buy it. aren't children
    open-minded until they notice everyone else acting
    differently? you would know better than i would, i
    could be totally off-base. but i still don't buy
    it. can't help but see it as a cop out for thinking.

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 02:58 am:

at some point, as the info starts piling up, you have to tag and file it or it gets lost in the chaos. this usually happens to kids around 5 years old. before that, they store memories all over their brain, literally like a sponge. after that, they start storing types of memories in different areas. a side effect of this is stereotyping and the inevitable opinions that result from stereotypes. things like this are good, things like that are bad. this makes it easier to make decisions that may save your life. mugger=bad: run! not mugger=disenfranchised drug addict from a broken home and an abusive upbringing etc etc: sympathize!

yeah, that oversimplifies things but that's the basic idea. we all do it.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:51 am:

clarification: sale on being judgemental. Metaphorical "sale," as is. "Golly, some folks are really judgemental." Disagreeing with someone's ideas is quite different from judging anothers' feelings or person.

We all take others' judgements way too personally and prolly not as intended: "you probably think this song is about you..." way of thinking.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:55 am:

By semillama on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:56 am:

By semillama on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 08:56 am:

Fuck! it's that comma in the address. I guess if you want to see it, cut and paste the link into your address bar.

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:25 am:

Heather,I hope you didn't think I was being judgemental when I posted the fish suit story,frankly,I was admiring his ingenuity in making his fish suits[except the part where he wasn't smart enough to leave himself room to breathe].I am the queen of bizarre headwear,and wear my creations proudly,and am always the first to laugh at my own follies,and frankly,find it much more entertaining when I know I have shocked some unsuspecting soul.If theres something stupid to be done,you can pretty much pencil my name right in[J can back me up on this].Actually,I was wishing my sewing skills were better,and would like a fish suit of my own,as I think it would fit in well with my tropical decor.But I was gonna add some scales[old vinal LP's]and definately leave room to breathe.I haven't ruled this fish suit out yet,I'm just busy with my Mardi Gras creation right now,its my biggest and best hat ever.And if you feel someone is judging you,fuck em,consider the source.Creativity is the key to an entertaining life.
    Nate oozes stuff all the time,and he's tolerated.

Which reminds me:Mardi Gras is in full swing here,and if anyone would like Mardi Gras beads,I have an abundance[garnered with the help of my outragious headwear!]and I would be happy to send some to any who want them.

By TBone on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:40 am:

I would love some beads.

I decided last night that I need to make some changes in my life. To be less judgemental is just a small part of it. I've been rather unhappy.

I admire your flair, Czarina. I wanna be like you.

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 10:23 am:

Lifes too short to be unhappy.Theres fun stuff out there,just waiting for you.I'll get your beads sent off,and maybe they'll have some Mardi Gras magic for you :)

By J on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:16 pm:

I can certainly back-up Czarina,I can't think of anyone that enjoys shocking people more than her.As for people being judgemental,I just throw it back at them.If I went somewhere with Ryan,and some people would stare,I'd look right at the person staring and say something like "I don't dress him".That tells the person staring that I noticed them staring (they like that),and that I don't give a shit(they don't like that),and they always stop it.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:39 pm:

chicks with birds are always fucking weird, as are flakey blondes on old beat up volkswagons. i find they are usually librarians, and very scatalogical, bordering on insane.

we had one of them.....at the garage sale this past weekend. she pulled up in a blue vw bug, parked her car facing the wrong direction (its a tight onesided parking kinda street, but still) and lurched upon the garage with frizzy blonde hair flying all over the place. she proceeded to comb the bazaar and ranted on and on "is this acid music? it looks like acid music?" she said picking up some tapes. "You know I once found a pile of cds in the trash and i took them to Rockaway....." blah blah blah

im glad i took that mornings bongus hitus...otherwise i probably would have rudely walked away, as she was the epitome of annoying. but with glazed eyes, and a pair of shades on, i sat there, on the stoop, and listened, watched intently and generalized her like no tomorrow. "$3.50 please"

im the kind of person who needs results, who needs action, conclusion, definitions. Being judgmental does not necessarily equal narrowminded ness heather. im thinking these are two different items that CAN be related. being narrowminded is a refusal to see, being judgemental CAN be based on a refusal to see or as dave says to simplfy. don't we all make judgements? what makes a judgement bad or good? the judger? or the judgee?

If i judged you to be the most intelligent, finest, stellar woman in the world with senses as keen as a hawk, eyes as beautiful as gemstones and a heart as big as glacier...would you be put off because I judged you? granted those are huge compliments, but they are still judgements aren't they?

By Hal on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

All I'm going to say is the Volkswagon has or had nothing to do with this so leave it out...

By Pug on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 05:03 pm:

Heather----I love you and I want to have your baby.
    You've nailed one thing I despise about society so succinctly it makes my head spin....it's the daytime talkshow mentality----get on your illiterate feet and boo anyone who had the balls to fuck shit up, get fucked up, fuck somebody, kill somebody, ANYTHING but sit at home and watch TV. (Am I now being judgemental? Probably---fuggit---I'm on a roll)
    sem----Motorhead are KING. Lemmy is GOD. Been listening to their latest, "We Are Motorhead"---these guys are like the Ramones or AC/DC in that they've been releasing the same damn album for the past 15 years or so-----but even moreso than those other two bands it's always a GREAT ALBUM.....
    Still I keep firing up "All the Aces" instead. "Overkill". "Bomber". "Motorhead". "Love me like a Reptile". "Orgasmatron". There's just NO BEATING that stuff....
    Doing up Mardi Gras this weekend in the Gulf....gonna have plenty of beads.

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

you guys don't make sense.

pug, watch what you say. do you really want the springer-watchers anywhere but at home in front of the tv? would you rather they all go outside and get in your way?

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

i KNOW you arent talkin to me....

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

oh and one more thing......nate are you makin babies?

By Pug on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

Dave....the Springerheads are in my face every goddamn day of my life.....not a damn thing can be done about that. I work in a fucking wheel factory in Arkansas.

By Kalli on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:36 pm:

No way.

Say it ain't so nate.

By Cris on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:41 pm:

hey, i just wanted to say that i'm new to this site, but i love it :) you all are so funny!

By sarah on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 10:36 pm:

mmmuuuuaaaahahahahaha.

fresh meat.

By Kalli on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 10:44 pm:

im salivating already.

By Ba on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 11:07 pm:

meat! meat! meat! meat! I'm confused!

By DANIEL ssnonjudgmentala sshole on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 11:36 pm:

it's when we take eachother seriously that I consider a return to drug addiction.

beads n headgear. yea team. you are so right darlin (positive judgment), send some with a parrot feather and a smile from the RFM.

By Hal on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 12:16 am:

Did someone say FRESH MEAT!!!!

Where, where are they at... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

And about springerheads.... No better then the fucks on the TV.

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:32 am:

one soy-dog, please.

By Daniel sssoysagoodforyou on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:49 am:

how come no one ever orders soy goat?

By Antigone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:58 am:

They're all busy eating soy monkey brains, that's why...

By Antigone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:59 am:

I go for the soy sheep's eyeballs, personally.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 04:00 am:

And I can't get enough of the soy Rock Mountain oysters...

By Antigone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 04:02 am:

But my favorite is the soy wolf nipple chips. Yum!

By Kalli on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 08:48 am:

Mmmmmhmmm. Dems be good eatins'.

By semillama on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 09:39 am:

But there ain't nothing like soy long pig, boy-howdy!

By Pug on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 10:42 am:

HEY. Don't forget the Soy Tripe. Lotsa IRON in that sumbitch......
    Cris, darling----would you hold it against me if I said, "fuck you, you ass"?
    (Sorry, Nate---)

By Kalli on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:15 am:

Mmmmm Soy Soy Soy Soy Soy Soy Soy Soy

Soy boys.

errrrgh. I was a vegetarian for four years and I just couldn't take it anymore. Saw a pile of slop in the cafeteria (veggie cuisine) sitting next to a giant greaseball chesseburger and well..the meat won.

My ex was a full fledged vegan...and one day we went to get some food at the health food store next door, and he came out with some chicken salad for me...

and a vegetarian ham and cheese sandwich for him.

like with fake ham and fake cheese.

what's the point really?

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:35 am:

that's why i don't like boca.

i like the taste of veggies. gardenburgers are tasty, without tasting like meat. if i wanted meat, i'd eat some cowflesh.

as it is, i'm not a full vegetarian. i eat chicken and i love my sushi. i think that giving up beef and pork (and other red meats) is good for the environment, and also releases me from the worries of e. coli epidemics in burger places.

but mmmm-mmm, soy is goood. especially tofu.

By patrick on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:35 am:

yeah....fuckin hippies.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:36 am:

Boca burgers rock!

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:42 am:

they're bland. gimme a hot, grilled southwestern-style gardenburger any day. bocas are too fake.

By patrick on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 12:00 pm:

yeah, im gonna side with pez on the hippie burger battle

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

haha

By semillama on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

Don't bocas have higher protein, though? That's all I care about.

By Nate on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

no.

By J on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

I wonder what do chickens think we taste like?

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 03:20 pm:

protein in bocas: that's why i like sushi.

and as for chicken, i'm planning to give that up when i leave home.

By Kalli on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

and im gonna have a big juicy cheeseburger with bacon and maybe some ham on it for dinner, in all of your honor

*burp*

By Pug on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

Chickens are the scariest animals on earth and I don't feel too bad about eating them.....given half the chance they kill and eat EACH OTHER---and I'm not joking. I was hanging out in this Tyson Chicken Farm at one point and you've got thousands of chickens----killing, gang-raping, multilating & eating each other.
    Not completely unlike the human race.....

By Antgione on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

Bocas make for an excellent low fat midnight snack. A couple of bocas cooked in thai peanut sauce about an hour before going to bed... Mmmmm.... Tasty, nutritious, and I'm shittin' smooth all the next day. Ahhhhhhhh, life!

By Cat on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:17 am:

sorabji.com, smooth shitting all day.

By Cat on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:20 am:

I find if I read sorabji.com first thing in the morning, my shit is smooth and stink-free.

By StarvingCollegeStudent on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:21 am:

At the beginning of the year we had a nice spattering of random housemate types here in Santa Cruz. They ate meat, they didn't eat meat, they were vegan... now, however, we have seven open containers of soy/rice milk substitute in the noncommunal fridge, and I can't find any butter. What's wrong with the world when you can't make Mac & Cheese?!

By semillama on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 09:05 am:

Make vegan mac and cheese, silly.

By Antigone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 10:40 am:

My dad used to ask: Did Jesus shit? And if he did, did it smell?

My uncle used to ask: If someone shit in the middle of the road, would you go over and smell it?

By agatha on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 10:48 am:

buy your own damn butter.

By patrick on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 11:37 am:

cat? really........

By Pug on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:18 pm:

Salvadore Dali wrote something once about having a dream where he took a shit and the turd was smooth, completely transparent and odorless....which is a very eloquent way, I think, of intimating that your shit doesn't stink.
    Arrogant fuck.....

By patrick on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:30 pm:

last night, or rather this am, i had a very alarming dream...i was with this detective, we were traveling together across the country on a search...for waht who knows, but he held somethign over me so i had to go. i remember looking at a map, and planning our route....straight up and through Nevada, Denver, Chicago and so on. I remember thinking "what a haul" We were to make Denevr our first stop, which we be like a 20 hour plus drive from here, Im guessing. then as we were on our way, i look up and saw the Tower Airlines 747 UPSIDE DOWN and sputtering. I said oh shit its gonna crash, it turned right side up and then back over and literally fell into the woods to the left of the car. It was a cliff or an embankment and the plan was not on fire, the trees seemed to have broken the fall. Though we suspected people in the front died....the people in the rear were right at street level and we could see them freaking in the windows.....we planned to break the windows but then realized the cabin may still be pressurized and that would be bad, then i woke up.....

the site of this jumbo jet upside down though was so fuckin real....what going on these days, im enjoying my dreams an all, but whats in the air?

By Antigone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

Vitamin B12 and zinc.

By sarah on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

apparantly it's true, that the apple does not fall from the tree. right Antigone?

By Antigone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

What the fuckus?

By TBone on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

Yay for Mardi Gras beads! Thanks, Czarina. I
    like the mask, too.

I can feel the magic.

I'm much better now.

By Czarina on Saturday, March 3, 2001 - 07:05 pm:

I'm glad they arrived,and the Mardi Gras magic,too![Probably best not to wear the mask while carrying a handgun and entering small convience stores.]I'm glad you're better.Happiness can be a good thing.

By Arthur on Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 08:49 am:

who do I think I am? I think I'm arthur, finally returned. I have come to lead you all home. but be sure of this: I come not to bring peace, but a sword!

Hai-YA!

with my kung-fu grip and realistic punching action, none may withstand me!

Follow me to the promised land of milk and nookie! There will be fire on the ground, and we will be lead by a tower of manna!

Lo, what light from yonder window breaks?

It's me! oh, goody! hope you didn't get lonely.

Gahhh... the monkeys, they haven't been kind. I used to have this image in my head of these monkeys playing around in my skull; they're what made me work. run. go.

It was from some TV ad for some cheesy movie in the 80's, probably watched when I was 4.

Love you all. but there are battles to fight.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact