Hath Arrived...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Hath Arrived...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 12:56 pm:

Well here I am, new job and all. 300 some miles from the place of my birth and upbringing... AND GOD DOES IT FEEL GOOD...

I mean first day and all, kinda bombarded by paperwork, W-4's and stuff like that, but hey thats life right...

In anycase, I think I'm going to like it here testing software day in and day out.

By J on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

Way to go Hal,sure beats doing something you hate:)

By patrick on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:14 pm:

where are you again?

By Nate on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

who are you again?

By Hal on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 05:36 pm:

Missoula, Montana... I was in Billings and made the trip here on tuesday in a vehicle I was sure would explode on me at any time. But I made it, been chillin with TBone and App for the last 2 days... Enjoying life and getting used to the new surroundings.

By Hal on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 05:40 pm:

I's is Hal Remember Nate...

I'm in Missoula, Montana Patrick... Moved up here from Billings on tuesday. The trip was nice beside the fact I was driving in a car I was sure would explode before I got here.

In anycase I made it and I've been chilling with TBone, and App for the last two days. Just relaxing and getting use to the new surroundings.

By J on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

Hal hon,haven't you been here long enough to know when Nate and Patrick are feking with you? Glad you made it there intact.

By patrick on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

actually ithought you were there all along....

By Nate on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

Missoula sounds like a unique blend of corn and canola oils.

By Platypus on Thursday, March 8, 2001 - 08:46 pm:

It does, doesn't it?

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 01:01 am:

Actually its a unique blend of "fruits" and "nuts."

By pixi stix on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 01:09 am:

sorta like aplets and cotlets?

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 10:17 am:

No... Fruits and Nuts, as in types of people.

By dave. on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 11:21 am:

there's an argument in washington as to what will be the state candy: aplets and cotlets or almond roca.

that argument has spawned many other arguments, nost notably: why would anyone care to argue over two sub-mediocre candies like those?

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

Yeah... It should be Jolly Ranchers...

By dave. on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

my friends' band was called the jolly ranchers.

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

Cool...

Friend of mine is in a band called Cold Snap 9.

By dave. on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

my brother's in a band called combover

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

My brother's in a band called Alison Ranger. (terrible name)

He used to be in a band called Science for Kids. (better name)

By droopy on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 01:40 pm:

i was in a band once that the guitarist wanted to call "the helen keller experience". it got vetoed because there was already a band called hugh beaumont experience

if anyone reads this article - 1. i used to live in an apartment underneath jeff coffey. he had a c.b. radio that he'd get on every once in a while and tell all the truckers they were pussies and if they didn't like it they could come get him. then he would give out his real name and address. i know this because i could hear it through my little portable tv.

2. i went to paschal and i don't remember mrs. pryor's breasts being THAT big.

By patrick on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

im still trying to figure out the band name followed by number thing.

some make sense
    like...Spacemen 3 (three members)

does your friends band have 9 members hal?

im dying to know how many garage bands out there have the number 420 after their name?

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

Back in my youth (last year) I collected a list of band names with numbers in them. There are hundreds.

My favorite remains 59 Times the Pain.

By patrick on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

my first band ever was called 95 Thesis.

By Nate on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

my first band was 5 dead frogs in a box.

By dave. on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

patrick, the number after a name thing: it's aol's fault.

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

My brother (whom I miss) has created a character he calls StampworthCambridge1 (he thinks the one is a riot), and he goes around to bands' websites and posts things like this:

I LIEK THE MERCH PAGE!!!!1 JK!!!!!!!!!!!!111 WHY D YU PLAY SO SHOWS WITH??!!?! U HAEV SUCH PRETY HAIR TOO!!!1 JK!!!!!!!!!!11 DO U GO TO THE HAER STILIST EVERRY DAY OR WHAT!?!!!!!!!!!1 HEER'S A TIP FOR YU- COVER SONGS AR FOR LEMURS!!!!!!!!!!!!11 AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! WHY DO YO PLAY FOR AN HOUR AT SHOES?!!?!?!1 THQT SUX!!!!!!!!!11 EHEHEHEHEHE.......... KEEP ROCKINS!!!!!!!!!!!

because he thinks it's funny. I love him.

The weird thing is, on one of the boards where he posted his character, he included a link to a website, and when I go to the website, I can't tell if my brother made it or not. I don't know who the people are in the pictures, and the humor doesn't really sound like his, but...I don't know...I'll have to email "Stampworth Cambridge" to find out.

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

Nope... Only 3 guys in this band. Their pretty good though, getting some of their demo's played on a few stations in Tampa, and Los Angeles. So they are streaching the country from over here in Montana.

And whats even more amusing, is they come from one of the smaller poduct towns.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

My band does not have numbers after the name so I gess we are not trendy. Maybe we should be Captain Benteen69 or just Benteen 69 or Captain69. that last one sound like a bad comick book hero.What would Captain 69s super powers be or need we even ask.

By Pug on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

Dare I say, Butter 08?
    No?

Sorry...

There needs to be a band called Little 2 None.

By Hal on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

Just...

None.

By patrick on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

have you seen this?

im wondering if this is something obnoxious, made for no other reason than to demonstrate the power of hype.

kinda like that black and white stencil of andre the giant you might have seen all over the place. a friend was telling me, his pals started stenciling that on bus benches and whatnot in ny and it just kept getting more and more popular. but it means or stands for nothing.

http://files.steakandcheese.com/ayb2.swf

By Rhiannon on Saturday, March 10, 2001 - 07:15 pm:

I know for a fact that Semillama has a photo of one of those stickers, because I was with him in Philly when he took it.

A Philadelphia artist designed those stickers/stencils, and about a year ago, one of the city museums had an exhibit of his work.

I didn't know they had made it to LA! That's pretty cool. There's one on the stop sign next to my dad's house.

By cyst on Sunday, March 11, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

Sorabji teaches the whole of Ancient Greek Philosophy from 500 B.C. to 600 A.D. In 1999 he became a Commander of the British Empire.

Sorabji wrote fascinating but insanely
    complex piano music.

Sorabji (1880-1957) was the first to start a heavy chemical industry in India

Ridiculous site of the week: Sorabji.com. Unfortunately, scum exists. Of course, I am talking about scummy people. The theme of this episode should not be taken lightly. It addresses those unfortunate humans who have to seek out romance with someone under "legal" age for their own enjoyment. For the most part, however, I understand that these are random acts of sex that typically do not occur more than once with the same person. The same is true with Sorabji and Mark.

Sorabji and his contributors have moved the treasures into the open air. They deserve praise and gratitude from everyone.

Animals have livers: Animals concoct; the liver is necessary for concoction. A certain octopus has one row of suckers due to its length and slimness. Blooded creatures have bile or a spleen: Sorabji.

If you like Sorabji, why not try... Reger.

By Hal on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 10:07 am:

Lost Hal compleatly.

By Nate on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

i hope cyst explains that.

maybe someone should design a sorabji stencil template that can be printed out and taken advantage of all across the world.

dominion.

By cyst on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

they're all snippets from web sites that mention some sorabji or another. the three main ones are a philosopher (england), a composer (japan?), and a politician (india).

ridiculous site of the week comes from fierce.com. the guy actually really liked sorabji.com, though. I cut at the worst-sounding point.

By Nate on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 03:20 pm:

that's almost disturbing.

like discovering a peephole in the changing room.

By cyst on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 04:03 pm:

I totally assume that every single public bathroom, locker room, etc., has a hidden camera somewhere. I only hope I never have to see any of the footage. the only time I feel like I'm not being watched is when I use the men's bathroom instead.

the fierce.com guy didn't mention the bulletin boards here.

By Nate on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

just barely..

That's a perfect segue to the Stalking Post where readers may post really sick and twisted messages to Mark or to each other.

that must be us. sick and twisted randomness.

By B.O.B. on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 05:16 pm:

asking John if he had ever shoved an apple in his ass....for Halloween? He replied with nominal force and a simple "ARGHHHHHHHH", and an orange for my ear.

By cyst on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 10:57 pm:

Luke Skywaffles: Waffles shaped like your favourite Star Wars characters

Nate spent the night in a Robotussin-induced rant
    about "...those damned, dirty, damned parking checkers".

10/17/97, 9:59 PM
    BlindSwine
    what am i doing? sitting here in this wretched cave, smoking my last cigarette, drinking my last beer, laughing my ass off... maybe out of boredom, maybe mania... maybe because that girl "Urbekah"'s web-site is so damn funny... but what i'm really doing is plotting my escape... you see, i am currently in exile in the truly wretched city of Seattle... bastion of over-priced coffee, groundless pretension, and punk-assed misconception... like that old hippie said..."i'm going back to New York City cuz i do believe i've had enough..."

Wookie Mountain Oysters: You don't want to know what part of a wookie they come from, but the sure are chewy.

By cyst on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 11:00 pm:

a friend of mine wrote a song about me, and it's called "cold snap."

the one letter to the editor I ever wrote was about aplets and cotlets. the oregonian did not publish it.

By heather on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 11:37 pm:

i wrote a letter to health services about the
    dermatologist i saw today

apparently he thought i was there to waste his time

he said, "your skin is not your problem"

but he didn't tell me what he thought my problem was

By Czarina on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 11:53 pm:

that sucks,did you pay him?

By heather on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 12:07 am:

i don't pay directly because it's student
    services, just insurance fees for the year.

funny thing is that i don't have a problem with my
    skin. i'm pretty happy with it really.

i went to show him this tiny mark on my face that
    i've had since i was born. i was under the
    impression that because the skin in my family
    doesn't get along well with the sun that i should
    ask questions if i have them, like, 'should i
    worry about this?' and i had already talked to my
    regular doctor. she made the appointment for me.

i guess he thought i had a cosmetic problem with
    it and he acted all exasperated

By Czarina on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 12:09 am:

he sounds like a prick.is it getting bigger,or changing?

By pez on Tuesday, March 13, 2001 - 02:10 am:

i once wrote a letter to the govenor (barbara roberts...i was 10 at the time) and got a letter back saying that they were using my idea of paying people to plant trees, only i wasn't the first to think of it.

By Bobby on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 06:46 am:

I write many scathing letters-to-the-editor, most of which I never send. Most publications, rightfully so, have a policy against printing annonymous letters. I would gladly sign my name to any of my twisted opinions, except for the fact my name isn't entirely mine to use. As a "Jr.", I must be conscious of the ramifications my public diatribes could have on my father's business. (Discretion is the better part of valor?) My advice is to never name a child after his (or her) father.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact