My Life and Sorabji....

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: My Life and Sorabji....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

How has your life...outside this vacuum called sorabji been affected by......well.....sorabji?

meaning...what have you done that was based on something you discovered here?

We've menetioned the dreams, they have their own thread, so lets leave those out.

Me?

I rekindled my gin kick this week based on the talk of gin a week or two back.

By J on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

I look up the music y'all mention and I listen to Mista Swines radio show.Gin was the first hardcore alchohal I ever drank,sloe gin,till the morning Shaunna the bitch and I woke up in someone's we no not whose, yard with pink foamy puke all over us.Then I got into Tom Collins.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

I wrote a zuihitsu based on something Crimson told us about. I never finished it to my liking, though.

I bought Neko Case's album based on a recommendation from...Dougie? Also, Elvis Costello's "Blood and Chocolate" when Margret and J told me they loved the song "I Want You."

I met Semillama. Made him mixes. Received mixes from him.

I read Graham Greene's "End of the Affair" when Droopy told me to.

ummmmm....

made mail art

told some people about mark thomas seeing the desk in the empty lot while riding on a train

sent you leaves. I have your picture of Judah Bauer taped to the wall in my living room.

read pez's zine. made her mixes.

got a mix from moonit, and gave her some tom waits. now I'm going to get strange candy from new zealand from her.

that's all i can think of now.

oh, yeah...i think i got my habit of going ..... all the time from you. In college, it was very hard for me to write papers without going .... every so often. Thanks, Patrick.

By patrick on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

my pleasure.....sweets

it just seems natural.....you know... to emphasize the pause we sometimes have in speech.

i forgot about the leaves and judah bauer polaroid.

By Hal on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

I've started to love Kiwi music on behalf of Moonit... And I've started eating LESS meat, I'm not going to cut it out completlely that would be blasphemy to me. But I've started eating a bit less of it.

other then that, sorabji has probably kept me from doing something drastic in my life, I guess its just my ability to vent as well as help other people with possible problems, makes me kinda feel important. Whether or not I actually am is debatable though...

By Cat on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

I can never have sex normally again thanks to sorabji.com.

By cyst on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

the overuse of ellipses bothers me even more than emoticons do.

By Antigone on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 05:59 pm:

And that's because...

(Yes, I am the self proclaimed ellipsis king!)

By Nate on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

i think i've become more of an asshole because of sorabji.com.

i mean, in the real world. i've always been an asshole here.

By heather on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

i eat more meat

i cheated at scrabble

i switch to something else if i am here and
    someone looks at my computer

my eyes and coat are bright and shiny

By cyst on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

because... it's better to... just... say it!

I mean, goddamn.

reading something flush with ellipses is like watching nicole kidman in "eyes wide shut." or like listening to a stutterer.

http://www.gabwhacker.com/xwp/bluequill/ellipses.html

Don Marquis, whoever he is, once wrote:

"When you see . . . three little dots . . . such as these . . . in the stuff of a modern versifier . . . even in our stuff . . . it means that the writer is trying to suggest something rather . . . well, elusive, if you get what we mean . . . and the reason he suggests it instead of expressing it . . . is . . . very often . . . because it is an almost idea . . . instead of a real idea."

By dave. on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 08:09 pm:

fucking grammar nazis. i hate it when it's used like dotdotdot. it's supposed to be dotspacedotspacedotspace. like, duh.

if we were limited to posting real ideas, well. . . you get the idea.

By wisper on Thursday, March 15, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

i've only ever told 2 people about sorabji.com,
    other than that i've kept it to myself since i (or
    rather, the countless other incarnations of me,
    before i was "wisper") first showed up here (or
    rather, the place of General Happiness) 6 or
    so years ago.
    Holy shit that's a while. And where the hell is
    PJ boy, for that matter?
    Anyway, so my little obsession here has been
    kept from 3 s/o's and all my closests friends,
    and i hope they never find me here either. Not
    that i'm hiding anything, it's just a place i like to
    keep for myself, for some strange reason.
    yeah, i'm an idiot. But i'm surprised i've never
    let anyone know.

whenever i hear anything regarding CA, i think
    of patrick. I do.

sometimes for no reason something cyst said
    or one of her stories will be in my mind for no
    reason at all. It's fun.

if i ever get anywhere near NY, i'll be looking
    feverishly in all directions at all times for our
    host, Mr.Mark. And if i actually saw him, i have
    no idea at all what i would say. Or if i would
    say anything.
    But 'eat hot fuck' does come to mind.

i'm sure there's more things...

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 11:51 am:

you hear that nate?

she thinks of ME.

I loved Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut. I think it was her best performance ever.

other people's nuisances are sometimes really surprising.

By Hal on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

Patrick, was that because she was naked through like half the movie?

And I like using elipses, I don't use them that fucking often but I like them damnit, and no one can that that away from me NO ONE DO YOU HEAR ME!!!

Sorabji has made me neurotic.

By Oswald Jr. on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 12:14 pm:

Sorabji is helping me type a lot better. And, I can share my teen angst and half baked opinions with the whole world now. Aren't you lucky. If it wasnt for this place you would never have met the Archbishop of Funk and your world would be a sick sad place devoid of all happyness. Selah!

By J on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 12:23 pm:

Same for me captain,and I did the mail art thing too and have spoken to Patrick and Maple Leaf and Carzina on the phone, I got Czarina to come here even though she thought everyone here was mean at first.

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 12:36 pm:

im not that shallow hal. no....you know what stirred it up for me and had me by the balls the rest of the movie....

(note the appropriate use of ellipses)

on the dance floor with that sleazy Spainard in the beginning...

Kidman- "But.....I'm.......Married."

i can't really put my finger on it, but something about that had me captivated. Most definitly her attraction had something to do with it. But she also made me very sad.

By Czarina on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

This is my secret place,too.I have purposely never shared it with anyone.And doubt that I ever will.This is my Mecca from the south,[a place I abhor].Sorabji gives me renewed faith,that there is still an interesting faction to life,beyond the wisteria laden gates of my personal hell.
    And Sorabji also cleansed me of internal parasites.

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

i have only shared it with one. and that was recently.

By Dougie on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

I don't share it with anyone either. At home, I always the clear the history and the cache after I visit.

By Hal on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

Yeah that scene was pretty captivating... I don't know when cruise goes upstairs and treats that girl who ODed on speedballs is pretty captivating also. I think it was the mood of the movie. The naked people just was a way of shock and capture.

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

i think it was more about decadence than shock.

By Hal on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

True.

By Nate on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

True.

By dave. on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 04:57 pm:

true.

By Cat on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

false.

By The Watcher on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

Maybe.

I've never seen it.

I just felt like saying somethig stupid.

Thanks. Now I'm over it.

By pez on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

the answer is always eight.

By The Watcher on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:32 pm:

I always thought it was 9.765834190453.

I guess I'm not over it yet.

By Nate on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:53 pm:

duck.

By pez on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

goose.

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:20 pm:

Ok, confession. I was invited here by a member (one who refers to his member quite often) but I do not know why.

I do not know what this place is.

I do not know what my responsibility is

I do not know if anyone even cares what I know or what I am or what I think or what I say.

This does not bother me, for I am known for often jumping in without testing the waters. I do not swim, but sometimes I can float for hours.

What am I doing here?

By Hal on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

Who knows, I haven't figured out what I'm doing here yet...

Its all trial and error.

And by the way the awnser is ALWAYS, 42

By Daniel ssss on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

goat.

sorabji gifts:

posted wallpaper of a friend in the bush...

read angry emails from valium dosed brandy drinker who make nonsense of my life...

tried Droop's tomato vodka soup recipe (without the vodka)...

gifted with weekend(s?) of queensized sleepy love...

birthed a new identity as a large primate...

experienced real friendship and caring...

subjected to mental asssex from faraway pixelated strangers...

instructed on the proper use of E-LIP-Seize. . .;

wakened by middle of the night phone calls ("hey where you been?")...

delighted by serious conversation from casual acquaintances half my age. . .

surprized by subversive writings from everyone everywhere...

heard from no one in particular...

blessed with free and abundant, oracular computer advice. . .

I've told a few real time geographically local friends about the site. No one believes me.

I've spoken to four sorabjites via telephone, actually seen one in the flesh, and received various mental droppings in my mail box from farflung asylums worldwide because of the 14 months I have been posting here.

Been accused of being someone I wasn't (at least once on the boards, and at least once in an email, for widely divergent reasons), been made fun of, been made love to, been advised by and in, and chastized, befriended, and besmirched...all because of this place.

like they say in the Program: keep coming back!

gorrilla

(tag, you're it)

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

so many questions grasshoppa

since i was (obviously) the one who invited you....im not allowed to give you the official welcome, but Im sure some of these other eggheads will do the honor.

your ring will arrive in the mail soon. no need to give your address. we know where you are. we fitted you for the offical garb in your sleep recently and training to drive mini cars in a parade like atmosphere will begin next week.

oh and mista swine owns your mom

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:35 pm:

42 is an answer, I agree. but the CORRECT answer is only known to the truly enlightened.

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:37 pm:

damn!!!

Every bb is the same......rings, initiations, garb and training.

is there no truly different place in all of cyberspace?

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

you are looking at the forest. what important are the trees.

no go read about mark thomas and report back double time

By Daniel ssss on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:42 pm:

oh, and I'm with Nate: I think I have become less particular and polite (i.e., more of an asshole in the real world), because of the sorabji in me.

and I have learned the real value of "Confidence" as in "Keeping A Confidence."

Funny, but I feel my secrets are safe here. And... I would have enough to retire on if I felt like a black-mail-artist...

There's a mutual respect in this secrecy, which, truth be known, is really open for the whole wide world web to read and make of our secrets what they will.

Oh, and I will probably drive the sixteen miles into town to rent "Eyes Wide" based on this string, and seeing how it's another Friday nite here, and I am waiting for the three am call from the princess. Yeah.

By patrick on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

im going to LA County Museum right after work to see their friday night jazz gig.....

By droopy on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:45 pm:

what kind of madman makes tomato vodka soup without vodka?

By Danielssss goat on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 06:48 pm:

where is Nate when you need an initiation. Hell mine lasted a year; we should really get em Patrick.

but I have been trying to get Daniel and the parrot to stop saying, "fuck you, you ass."

They read the posts too, you know. HEYYYY>

Welcome Div, may you post in peace.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

Can't do the vodka; it made my mind shrivel up. Now I entertain myself with the likes of the chocolate oat bran blackstrap molasses muffins I made this afternoon (largess en de colon blow category)...but even the urge to drink has mostly gone.

Today I had two dumptruck loads of mulch delivered and would have liked very much to have been highly fortified with some good potato licker but it's been a very long time since I could do that...just enough of the mind left to make those decisions to keep my sobriety. Almost 14 years off the magic elixir, 19 or so off other potions, and 29 years off of little nicotine sticks (the last is a blatant lie, but I DID quit then, 29 ! YEARS ago... However, I had a cigar when I last gambled five and a half years ago. And I am certain that I must have smoked sometime when drinking in the next 15.

Time and sorabji. Can't believe either.

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

Thank you for your welcome, Danielssss.

I expect nothing less than enlightenment, nothing more than some edification when you remember your own newness on a site.

I will not go away. Deal with it

By dave. on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:33 pm:

oh fuck. yet another thing to deal with. thanks, man. (man?)

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

non-man

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

wo-man

By Nate on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:45 pm:

is div a naked sorabjiite?

By Div on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 07:57 pm:

Div is too old to be a ...ite anything. She is most definitely a ....ess.

By Nate on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 08:40 pm:

ess ach eye tee

ay nal eez

By pez on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 03:39 am:

wow.

i've been on the receiving end of lemon smints, and nearly run over an (ex-?)sorabjite. i'm not sure if he knows it was me.

By patrick on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

div....nate collects naked sorabjites photos. it's best to get it over with. he'll provide you with the PO box.

By Czarina on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 07:24 am:

Bottoms up,Div.Nate has something for you.

By Div on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

hmmmm, only one i have is from 35 years ago, i doubt that anyone would want a picture of a naked 2 year old butt.

of course whoever wants it is more of a pervert than i care to know

By Platypus on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 08:53 pm:

You make lemon smints sound so dirty, pez.

I showed Sorabji to one person, majorly regretted it, and hired someone to break his kneecaps. Sometimes at work when I think no one's looking I peek at the boards. I'd say it's certainly affected me.

By Anti-mulch brigade i.e. nelly on Sunday, March 18, 2001 - 11:02 pm:

What kind of mulch, Danielsss? And why?

I'm beginning to be against mulch. Around here, they dump pine straw around everything at every opportunity now. What good does that do? Other than less lawn to mow... If anyone has potent arguments against pine straw mulching, I'd like to know them.

Sorabji has given me so many opportunities.

By pez on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 01:01 am:

oops. i mean, isolde graciously sent me some lemon smints in the mail. i have since become addicted.

i bet you you're talking about the same person that i almost ran over.

By J on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 08:55 am:

I must seem like an ungratefull bitch and I'm so sorry,don't hold it against me,I'm not a well woman.I was thinking about this thread this weekend,and remembering that Patrick was the one who told me about how to get a private e-mail address after my s/o got all psycho about the mail art,it would have never even occured to me that I could do that.Swine got me back on Napster,Nate and Marcus told me how to clear the history on my computer so I can still come here. Dougie and Maple Leaf and Dave have helped me with computer stuff too.I hope I'm not leaving anyone out,it's too early for me to be up and I wish I could go back to sleep,but once I'm up,I'm up.

By J on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 10:09 am:

See I knew I'd forgotten something,T-bone posted a picture for me too,sorry hon:)

By Daniel ssss on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 10:58 am:

oak mulch for the iris beds as they nbeed the nutrients, and cypress mulch for the bug free fruit trees in the orchard, cuz I don't wanna mow so close to them and get my long hair caught in the branches.

there is no good reason to use pine mulch unless you want to ruin the acid/alklinity of the soil and invite bugs to fester and multiply. And cocoa shell decorative mulch is much worse.

I mulch after many inches of rotted leaves are down, and I have alot of leaves (I live in the woods), and two concrete block composting bins the size of two toyotas, and an old yard overplanted the last twenty years with perennials.

Therefore mulch. I am reestablishing an organic approach and doing garden psychotherapy. I am happier with my hands in the dirt. I have my feet in someone's head most of the day.

By Czarina on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:21 am:

A happy mulcher is a healthy mulcher.Are the deer back?

By patrick on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:41 am:

Div own a polaroid?

hasn't every one taken naughty polaroids in their life?

By patrick on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:41 am:

Div own a polaroid?

hasn't every one taken naughty polaroids in their life?

By Czarina on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

Yes,but I wish Nate would send mine back.

By Div on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

Div has a polaroid, but it was turned into mulch by the man who both shoots the shots and prepares the beds.

Perhaps you would be happy with a shot of a single perfect Mme. Gregoire Stachelin rose (commonly known as Spanish Beauty)

Otherwise I feel no compulsion to post my posterior for the peculiar or perverted pleasure of those I do not know.

Nothing personal, ya know.

Want my membership card back?

By The Watcher on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 06:02 pm:

I like Cocoa shell mulch.

Ah, the smell of chocolate. It's wonderful every day.

Except when you have a headache.

Then it's the worst.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 12:57 am:

the smell only lasts til the little suckers begin to rot and then there's a smelly lot...

polaroids in the mulch would not be very organic not environmentally friendly, I think. I recall the early ones, with the foam thingy soaked in developer-stopper stuff that we used to sniff and kill brain cells with...

deer out back again but they still won't touch the mineral block; crows and pilleated peckers abound; two new cats (neighbors) appear to be taunting them; some various owl-like noises at night (but aint no owl I kin tell ya); so yeah, the deer are back.

ah Mexico! I wanna membership card to Mexico!

By J on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 09:21 am:

I love Mexico,but you have to behave yourself there,my husband got thrown in jail there when he was in college. He and a friend took a greyhound bus there,they were on acid and were drinking,all the other people on the bus were deaf and they were all signing or talking with their hands and my s/o stands up and was telling them to stop it,he couldn't take it anymore.Then when they got to canal street where all the whores are they went to a bar,drank alot more,he paid for a whore and did his business,he went outside to smoke,waiting for his friend to get done and the cops got him,he still doesn't know why,but it cost $500.00 to get him out.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 11:47 am:

im confident in my decision to invite div over.

so div...nevermind sharing the polaroids with us.....you and your hubby have never taken the polaroid out during play time? I thought everyone did that. Hell even the camcorder...but I don't own one of those.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

to answer the original question.

sorabji is my sanity and insanity. almost daily the boards make me write things and think things that otherwise might never occur to me at all. i've been here for 5 years now nearly without hiatus - there's no way this place could not affect my life beyond the computer monitor which contains it all.

i've read books and discovered music by recommendation. i've dreamt sorabji dreams, i care deeply about the people who drop in and out of here. i've exchanged emails, goodies, and phone calls with too many to name.

i met sheila and lucy [RIP] and the vicodin hounds; i will always feel connected to her.

i became a better scrabble player.

i'm looking forward to living in the same state as droopy; to sharing a bottle of chimay with him some day, and a few stories.

i concern myself with your lives, or the bits of your lives that you allow us to see.

that's a hell of a lot.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

div reminds me of an excel spreadsheet error.

By Div on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

God don't make no spreadsheet errors.

The original question, huh? Hmmmm, maybe its too soon to tell, but my life has been little touched by sorabji at this point.

Is there a point?

Is it to display cleverness? Recipes? Events of the day? I can do all that, but why here?

How long must one be in this site to "get it"?

By patrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 06:02 pm:

im not sure there is an IT.

maybe underneath your stairs but not here...i don't think.

i like the way you make me feel i could loose your respect at the drop of a dime. i like that... YOUR HIRED!

By Dougie on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 06:17 pm:

2 years of your undivided attention, Div, and you'll get it.

Yeah, cleverness, recipes and current events are good things. Especially if the recipes are good.

Why not here? Unless you got someplace better to pawn them off to.

I do hope God is a Quattro Pro or Lotus user.

Yeah, I guess my life has been tangentially touched by sorabji. It's a good time waster, and a good waste of time. I like some of the people here a lot, and others I could do without (I'm sure the feeling is reciprocated, especially the latter), and I've had some laughs here. I've checked out people's music recommendations, book recommendations, movie recommendations, mostly favorably, and I hope I've made a few that other people have found interesting. Though this place is fairly anonymous, it does feel like a community somehow, and I guess I like coming here because "everyone knows your name."

By Div on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 07:15 pm:

Damn the people who invented Quattro Pro and Paradox!!!! Damn Corel. I'm a convert to MSOffice applications, and I'm proud of it!!!!

Music recommendations are always welcome, as long as its not some crappy loud pretentiously confusing rock.

Give me real talent and creativity. Give me real music and melody and lyrics and voices.

Books are very personal, and I love them. I've got about 20 half read books on the nightstand now.

I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh. I am a dork, naive, insecure, and uneducated.

I am also serious and can listen like your best friend. I am thoughtful, perceptive, solid, and often brilliant.

Having my respect is nothing to strive for, but I love to see you grovel, Patrick.

Anonymity is a powerful tool that allows us to be our real selves. Most of us understand that there is no judgment from those who use that tool because we need a place to let it all out. Those who dont understand, and judge, and call names out of meanness are to be pitied.

Now, eat your veggies, and have a nice evening.

By patrick on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 - 07:38 pm:

i've been groveling for girls all my life. no reason to stop now.

By heather on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:02 am:

oh

and i met sarah

she met me also

after having been a voyeur of her life for some
    time. her openness astounds me. she is amazing for
    many reasons.

By J on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 08:45 am:

We are still waiting to see the pictures,hint,hint.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

thanks sexy mamma. our brief visit in michigan was worth a hundred fold the time we hung out together. you rock, and i'm still looking for boots like yours.

how is your new computer treating you?

By heather on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

the boots are in new york. at least they were a
    couple of months ago.

new computers are great things. except that i
    expected everything to be perfect, work perfectly,
    no more random crashing. ha. what a fool i am.

new netscape sucks, or i'm doing something wrong.

i will work on learning how to put up the pictures
    next week. it's break.

one day we should all meet in new orleans. i don't
    know why there in particular, it just always seems
    to be the place.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

fabulous idea. how does October sound?

By semillama on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

I'll be in New Orleans in less than a month.

What's up with the "Lucy RIP"? Just because she left or is that a more final phrasing?

I showed this place to both Skooter and Mavis.

I met Rhiannon and I almost met Heather.
    I am still waiting for the current round of mail art to show up (Agatha: I have new address, email me)

By sarah on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 08:36 pm:

i bought smints! i never would have even glanced twice at those innocuous little boxes, let alone paid $2.29 for a box of them. they better be good or i'm going to have kick pez's ass. i got the peach kind. i was going to buy all three flavors until i realized how much they cost.

By semillama on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 01:38 pm:

ANyone seen those giant boxes of TicTacs, with each giant tictac individually wrapped? Tasty.

By amanda on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

i bought smints too. i took them to new york with me last week and handed them out to all the people around me on the subway.

sorabji gave me...

smints... the knowledge of.

and another opportunity to realize that i'm not so special. a lesson that i desperately needed to be reminded of.

By Nate on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

you are special.

By Antithesis on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 05:03 am:

You are incredibly special. You're one of the most wonderfully special people I've ever had the honor of meeting. I'd call you right now and tell you how special you are, but it's 4am your time.

I hear otherwise from you, and I'll hustle my behind over there and kick your can.

By Antithesis on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 05:12 am:

Other things Sorabji has done for me...

given me a venue for drunken rambles. Granted me an enemy (I am *REALLY* sorry, pez, and there's a brilliantly pathetic explanation, honest.)

Reminded me, again and again, of the acceptability of being utterly un-swank.

taught me plenty of nasty jokes, and something about the way people *ought* to interact.

Got me out of a bad relationship, and into a perfectly fucking BRILLIANT one, for which I will be forever grateful to all of you.

it ended, though (and I notice we're both posting again... though who knows whether we're back for "good," whatever that means), and that's okay... I think.

ever been so lonely that you didn't want to go to bed, for fear of being swallowed up and disappearing?

yeah, me too.

By Czarina on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 10:34 am:

Me too.Nothing's worse than wanting what you can't have.

By pez on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 01:21 pm:

one is only happy while wallowing in self-pity.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

My boss had put a little picture of Tintin (you know, Tintin) reading a book on our department's webpage. I think Tintin's supposed to represent him -- a boy in a world of men, or something like that. I didn't want to ask him, because that's kind of a strange territory to venture into.

Anyway, so after he showed me how to use FrontPage, I stuck a picture of an angry Captain Haddock up there, chasing Tintin who's reading a book, not paying attention. This is representative of current office politics. My boss still doesn't know who did that. Heh heh heh.

Now my boss is away, and I just stuck a picture of Tintin holding a valise and waving, with Snowy at his feet. The thing is, I had to ask someone how to edit the page, because I couldn't remember what the homepage was called in the directory. I had to pretend I was interested in adding a link, and I think I've given myself away. Oh, well.

When he returns, I'm going to put the original Tintin back and replace Haddock with a picture of Nestor, his butler, holding a dustmop in his hand and rushing towards a ringing phone. That represents me.

This is what I do to distract myself from a rapidly-filling inbox. I need a vacation.

Somebody save me.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:40 pm:

*cries*

The next days I have off are for Easter. But I have to go and stay with my crazy mother for 4 days. Then I have Memorial Day and July 4. I'm trying to save up my vacation days to take a trip out West this summer with my roommate, and I thought I had settled it with my aunt and uncle that they were going to come with us, but they just told my father that they weren't sure. I don't want to go without them -- they know desert travel much better than I, and they're fun and sensible.

I could stay out there for 11 days. In August. Then nothing until I earn more days off.

This is the harsh reality of the business world. What happened to the 3-month vacations that late I enjoyed?

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:51 pm:

PS. I earn 6 hours of vacation every month. Ahahahaha!

Really, I'm going crazy. I'm sitting here giggling at the password I just created for someone -- okra2. That's not even funny.

I cut my hair this weekend. *I* cut my hair. It looks pretty good. It hasn't been this short since I was 11 and dressed like a pirate.

By The Watcher on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

Where else can you sit back and watch the world go by.

At least figuatively speaking.

No where have I found a more interesting group.

It's like sitting in a french cafe and eves dropping on all the other tables.(I know I can't spell. But, who cares.)

I love it.

By sarah on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 04:33 pm:

nate sent me flowers. you can see them here, here, and here. the arrangement is too big to fit into one picture frame, at least from the quick cam.

sorabji family? it's real.

By Cat on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 05:27 pm:

You're destroying Nate's carefully crafted impression of an asshole. Not that he really had us fooled.

What a bloody sweetie.

By patrick on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

i think my story of how i proposed has been beat.

fucker.

where's my flowers.

By Nate on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

you get slit open from hip to hip and i'll send you flowers too.

By patrick on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 06:39 pm:

YOU GOT IT!

By J on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

Yea,what Cat said.

By Cat on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

Yea,what J said.

By semillama on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

That's nice, usually you only get flowers if your hips are open from slip to slip.

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 05:28 pm:

That reminds me of a really bad joke:

2 women are talking --

First woman: "My husband just gave me flowers yesterday. Now I'll have to spend all weekend with my legs in the air."

2nd woman: "Why, don't you have a vase?"

By J on Saturday, April 7, 2001 - 04:15 am:

LOL!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact