CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

i

uhm

i have a thing

uhm

i have a thing for

for

Martha Stewart.

I can pin point it exactly..i lik her voice, but i also think she'd be a demon in the sack!

I also bet she has sex toys made from recycled egg and milk cartons.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

Dirty Inquisitor, I defy thee.

I will never confess. NEVER.

By Dougie on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:01 pm:

Really Patrick? Martha Stewart??? Damn.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

CONFESS bitch.

you too spider...

By Nate on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

i can't stand martha stewart.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:08 pm:

No, you'll look at me funny.

By cyst on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

my boyfriend also thinks martha stewart is hot.

I saw a show of hers once last december, and I thought she was pretty, and I loved her low-pitched, deadpan delivery.

she's a little too fleshy, though. fewer cookies, more carrot sticks.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

oh come on spider....you don't let us see pic of you, you can't even offer even the most banal of confessions....why do you hide? stop hiding!!!!!

By Bigkevin on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:47 pm:

have you seen the size of her butt?

i worked on a commercial she did, really badly
    btw, HUGE butt, and her neices (who were
    also there) were so cursed as well.

her mother is really nice tho

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

im not afraid of big asses.

is your's big...bigkevin?

By Hal on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

Martha Stewart is the Devil...

By patrick on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

GOD DAMMIT THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME OR MARTHA STEWART....CONFESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 06:57 pm:

Preachers. Old-time-religion, hellfire-and-damnation preachers...the kind that pop up in Western movies. Zeal and menace make an interesting combination. Listen to 16 Horsepower and you'll get the idea.

By Sir Mix-a-Lot aka Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 10:14 am:

16 Horsepower---great band. Reminds me of early Gun Club if Jeffrey Lee Pierce had gotten Jesus in him....
    I confess....I like big butts.

By J on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 10:53 am:

I still want to bump uglies with Elvis Costello.Is it just me but it sure seems like Martha Stewart doesn't miss a chance to show off her cans.

By Hal on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 12:23 pm:

I saw another K-Mart comercial last night. I swear to god that devil woman does it with whomever on top of one of those out door furniture sets for money.

I again profess the fact that Martha Stewart is the devil.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

God almighty, Patrick, look what you started. Martha Stewart is so boring, why are you even talking about her? Why am I talking about her? Why am I talking? Shut up.

By patrick on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 02:34 pm:

i confessed, you confessed and J confessed...all you other monkeys went on and on about martha stewart. the thread is simple. Confess!!!! it doesnt have to be sex related in anyway. Jeeeeze make it easy for people.....

By JERRY WHEELER on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 03:02 pm:

Martha Stewart is a goddess, I must confess.

By heather on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

why is it that women who have overcome their own
    asses are the first to throw stones?

anyway. i don't like the way that martha stewart
    says that her family has a few of every style of
    lawn furniture. in a kmart commercial. as if it
    were true anyway.

not much of a confession, but i like sean connery.
    i have a sad overwhelming weakness for scottish
    brogue.

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

Women don't have to overcome their own asses---they just have to bring their asses over here....(patting my lap lasciviously)

By pez on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:41 pm:

fuck you.

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

Oh, WHAT??!!!!

By pez on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

fuck you.

By Pug on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

Yeah---I heard you the first time----I'm just wondering where the Uptight factor originated from.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 06:37 pm:

I confess that

I feel sorry for Patrick for having a Martha Stewart fantasy.

I feel much better now.

By Dougie on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 06:39 pm:

Oops, I confess that I did not use enough carriage returns. DOH!!!

By J on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 11:23 pm:

I confess that it pissed me off that Pez told Pug fuck you.

By pez on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 12:25 am:

i needed to get it out of my system, sorry.

"Women don't have to overcome their own asses---they just have to bring their asses over here....(patting my lap lasciviously)"

i took offense, and i shouldn't have. my utmost apologies.

By J on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 02:29 am:

My husband is sleeping,deep down I'd like to rub some taco sauce on his dinky,it would really hurt,I know this from experience,but I'm not one to gossip and you didn't hear it from me.It would leave no mark.

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 09:02 am:

Duh, Pez.

I confess

that there are times when

I enjoy watching people suffer. Evil!

By Czarina on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 11:33 am:

I confess.........

That,on occasion,I've had sexual relations in inappropriate places.[and really enjoyed it]

By patrick on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

see now this is going like i intended it.

i confess

i wear no underwear and play pocket pool often

By Czarina on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 12:17 pm:

[you can always count on me,Patrick :)]

By Daniel ssss on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 08:23 pm:

one, two, three, four, etc. on the Czarina of Romonoff

I confess....

Lugh says hi (from the freezer).

By semillama on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

I confess that I have recently been reading personal ads for more than amusement purposes.

Someone better set my ass up before I go too far.

I confess that I sometimes enjoy picking my nose.

I confess that I have no life.

Oh, Rhiannon and other DC area sorabji denizens, I will be in D. C. May 10-13. Saturday Night is best for me, if anyone is interested in dinner.

I confess that the screen name of a certain sorabji denizen from DC is eluding me, and I have that slight headache you get when you try to remember something and you can't....begins with a k, went and visited Patrick last year, Kalliope, that's it!

Anyway, i'll be there at that time.

By patrick on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

she's in richmond....email me if you want her addy....

By J on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 01:40 pm:

Sem,if you really mean that,there are some beautiful girls in Costa Rica,and I confess,I was checking out the very hot men.I also confess,I wish I never had kids,I mean that.

By patrick on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

i confess i saw another womans titties in my car this weekend.

i confess at nearly the same time i saw the same woman grab my wife's titties.

i confess this woman slapped me and called herself "naughty mommy"

i confess she was 2 slaps short of being dropped off at hollywood and vine

i confess i shouldnt have been driving.

i confess that i attribute her behavior to being russian, ukrainian to be exact.

i confess i like bossy women to a certain point. she crossed it.

i confess i probably irritated the wife by encouraging this behavior.

i confess to being a guy with hormonal weaknesses.

By Critchity Crotchity on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 11:52 am:

By patrick on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

i bet they are from Florida

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 12:42 pm:

Dare I look? I'm at work.

By J on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

It's pretty tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen here,it's probably safe to look.

By Dougie on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

A bevvy of bouncing young beauties. Yeah, not too bad.

By Cat on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

Oh is this the boy's locker room? So sorry to disturb.

By Pug on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 04:53 pm:

Vanilla.
    But at this stage in my life I'll take Vanilla.

By patrick on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

pug your posts lately make me think you might appreciate this...

VANILLA ICE CREAM IS SERVED BEST IN A PLASTIC CUP

The morning news update ends with the usual light note quipped by a clown CNN anchor person
    reminding us it's safe to stay tuned because she won't bog down our lives with any pesky, heavy
    thoughts or world events. Her cheery face is replaced by a CNN fun factoid. Did you know that 44% of American school children think being a serial killer is a good career choice? The perfectly coifed anchor returns to report that JonBenet Ramsey, the murdered beauty queen, is still dead and despite spending three years and millions of dollars to investigate this heinous crime a special jury is completely baffled. The concerned governor of Colorado is now naming a team of advisors to decide what kind of committee to form in order to get to the bottom of this mystery. What action! What conviction! What a caring soul this governor must be to desire justice one dead child at a time. I'd call to congratulate him, but I am sure he's going to be pretty busy considering there are over 100 million unsolved murders of innocent children around the world. Sure, not all of them are cute, blond and rich, but hey, I can tell this governor must be a truly focused individual. I have to believe that, I really do.

CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, let's see what else is on the tube. Oh good, Al Gore is still running for
    President. He also looks mighty concerned, sort of like that great action figure of a governor from
    Colorado. I better turn up the volume. Oh, yeah, that's better. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
    vanilla ice cream for all my friends, blah, blah, blah. Gore has already spent two billion dollars
    campaigning a year before the election and I have no fucking idea what he is selling.

CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, I've been traveling so long through the Midwest that I have no idea where I
    am. I know I am somewhere in the heartland of America holed up in a cookie cutter hotel room with a free copy of USA Today on my lap. It was left silently at my door while I was sleeping. Clean, neat, no suspects. Damn, this paper tells me nothing, just like JonBenet's killer. I could be anywhere. I look up at the television. SHIT! A super cool sports guy is shouting about super cool
    millionaire football players whining about the freshness of their brie on ESPN. This is the same
    story I watched on ESPN last night in another city in another state on another TV. I'm so confused I
    feel like Alice in the Twilight Zone tweaking on bad mushrooms. Becoming frantic, I call room
    service and get a machine. A recorded voice as sweet as apple pie says, "Hi, welcome to the
    Sheraton. Please press one for a cup of Starbucks coffee, press two for a McDonalds Happy Meal,
    press three for a bullet in the head.." I slam down the receiver, race over to the window, pull open the drapes and see a huge Nike logo swooping across the billboard blotting out the rising sun.

Suddenly I feel like William Shattner under attack by the vicious mind suckers from Planet Hollywood. I,...must,..., get,....away,....,from,....,ahhhh! The voices inside my head are getting louder and louder. It's, it's Puff Daddy disguised as Michael Jackson singing We Are The World with Celine Dion! My face contorts, I scream and drop to the carpet. My brain turns to Jell-O instant pudding mush. The last thing I remember is Bill Cosby singing a Jimi Hendrix song about buying a brand new Lexus SUV.

Minutes, hours, days later I wake up in an airport. At least I think it's an airport. Lots of white people rushing back and forth like worker ants dressed in Gap t-shirts talking on cell phones. I look down and notice I am holding a plastic cup half full of a brown liquid. I take a sip. It's whisky. I down the rest of the cup allowing the wet flames to burn my throat. Oh baby, there ya go. Now I am feeling better. I shake the cobwebs from my aching head. There is a copy of USA Today on my lap. I'd really like to know who keeps giving me this paper and why nobody charges me anything for it. There's a pie chart in the bottom left corner of the paper. It's shows five different sized slices of pie to compare various ways Americans die from unnatural causes. Seems like a waste of time to me. I mean, when is dying ever natural? Anyway, the unnatural cause represented by the biggest slice of pie is death from mass shooting. Beat out airplane crashes by at least two healthy servings. I look up at the paper's lead headline and it reads, "Twenty-eight killed in hotel shooting spree!" Man does this paper know it's pie charts or what? Needing another gallon or two of whisky, I stand and check
    my pockets for cash. Damnit! All I can find are more empty machine gun clips. Oh well, I sit back
    down, open the USA Today and try and figure out where to go next.

angry sam

By Pug on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

Hey, I'm suing,,,,that guy stole the way I think!

By patrick on Friday, April 6, 2001 - 07:54 pm:

By Bigkevin on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 09:18 am:

I confess, (no my ass is not overly large, sorry
    patrick) I have had impure thoughts about
    sandra bullock. (man shes a hottie)

By J on Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

I confess I thought Bigkevin forgot all about us.I feel like I'm coming apart.

By wisper on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 02:54 am:

i love Martha Stewart.

i have little pictures of her in little hand-made
    frames hanging by my drafting table.

it's fucking sick, i know.

By moonit on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 04:24 am:

I confess

I dont know who Martha Stewart is.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 11:28 am:

she's America's Homemaker!!

She has various tv programs, books, KMart fashion lines....she has a TV show in which she will make holiday decorations out of thanksgiving leftovers,

Martha Stewart

i found this in my search...looks amusing.

Gothic Martha Stewart

i'll see if i can find pictures....

in the meantime...

i confess......

i find some blondes attractive.

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 11:57 am:

Martha Stewart is like Delia Smith if you have her.

I confess, a hip young contractor came on to me a few weeks ago at a club and the first thing I thought was 'if we dated, maybe he'd fix up my house!'

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 12:00 pm:

Also, on the topic of asses.

I lost 30 lbs last year and I miss my ass. It used to be big and have a life of it's own, now my ass sucks. I had no idea it would come to this. My skirts just look mediocre now.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

you can have some of my ass if you want. plenty to go around.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 01:39 pm:

nate might take you up on that

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 01:46 pm:

oof!

By Bigkevin on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

I confess, I like this thread and am sorry to see that it died.

I confess, I haven't had access to a computer for months (man was the first one tough)

I confess, I moved across a country to make my life more liveable, and to get away from a girlfriend (now an ex-gf, obviously)

I confess, I missed Sorabji more than her

By Dani on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 09:09 pm:

I confess....

Last saturday night I went to a baseball field with this beautiful Greek dude and we fucked like rabbits on the trunk of my car.

And I liked it so much that we did again last night and will be doing again this weekend.

It was rrrrrreally goooooood.

By TBone on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 09:45 pm:

I confess...

I've so far accomplished not one of the things I planned on doing while I had all this free time today.

I confess...

I dramatically change my personality to suit the people I'm with. When I'm alone, I talk to myself constantly as if I were talking to someone else. I say "we" a lot.

By eri on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 11:24 pm:

I confess

I haven't had sex in almost a month.
    Sux to be me.

I spent 3 hours trying to download a song off of the internet to play at my husbands "surprise" party and when I finally got it, it was cut short.

I lead a very boring life.

By Hal on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 05:45 am:

I confess I'm pathetic...

Nothing more then that Pathetic.

By J on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 08:26 am:

Bigkevin glad to hear from you again,last I heard you met some gal,started dating her,then we never heard from you again.Welcome back:) Hal..you stop that,your not pathetic.

By Pixie on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

Eri,

damn right.

Instead of sux to be you try sux on your man.

You dont get what you dont deserve.

Post up a picture.WE DARE YOU.

By Dani on Saturday, November 24, 2001 - 01:17 am:

I again confess that..........I saw the beautiful Greek guy again tonight and that it was totally amazing...again. This thread is getting boring...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE....JUST CONFESS ALREADY!!!

By semilllama on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

i confess i am talking to my boss right now.

ugh ugh ugh.

By moonit on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 01:05 am:

I confess....

nah, i can't do it. and the bad thing is that after all the money i spent on the weekend mum paid for my phone account to stop it being cut off and then gave me $300 for other bills.

what the fuck is going on... why is it that I am 26 and seem to be struggling?

fuckit

By R.C. on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 03:57 am:

I confess

that I love

my new cat (Sebastian) better than my 1st cat (Six).

Sebastian is funnier & better-looking. He comes when I call him (Six never did from Day 1 & never will. Unless she wants to get her grit on.) And he does more crazy shit that makes me laugh.

I feel so godawfully guilty!

(Is this as bad a mothers preferring one child over another?)

And I confess

that when you guys go off on a tangent abt White rock-punk-metal-whatever bands/I slip out the side door & find another thread.

Becuz I have no fucking idea what y'all are talking abt.

By Spider on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 10:52 am:

I confess that I saw Harry Potter on Thanksgiving...after my brother and I snuck out of my aunt's house to see it....and I had...impure thoughts...whenever Alan Rickman was on screen...

By dave. on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:07 am:

yuck, spider. that guy is annoying and extremely typecast.

now i know you're a goth chick.

By Antigone on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:20 am:

I'll be driving through Washington in abot two hours, Spider. I'll be sending you telepathic signals as I speed down the beltway on my way to Tennessee...

By patrick on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:22 am:

i confess....

i totally balked my mom's birthday this weekend.

i confess another woman touched my penis this weekend against my will.

i confess it was my wife that made her do it.

i confess that im really thinking about breeding.

i confess that i believe adults with fascinations for the childrens movie Harry Potter are not beyond reproach.

i confess i find R.C.s comment about "White punk-rock-metal-whaterver bands..." slightly annoying.

I confess I find comfort in hearing moonit speak of a sense of delerium and social dizzyness and she's only 26. I understand more than she may know and am glad to know Im not alone.

man i wouldnt make a good catholic now would I.

By Spider on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:26 am:

For the love of God, Dave, I'm not goth! I'm listening to Elliott Smith now, for crying out loud. I just like tall, dark, and evil men. Is that so wrong??

Antigone, babe, I will turn on my ESP receptors on max. Be careful of the traffic.

By dave. on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

it's not wrong, it's just goth as all hell.

that guy, rickman, bears the world's largest human head. that thing has to weight at least 40 pounds.

By Spider on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 01:23 pm:

Hush. Yer just jealous.

By LoneStranger on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 01:24 pm:

I confess. I did it.

By Czarina on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

Hey Dave!Rickman might have the worlds largest head,but he can't beat Randy Travis's forhead.I bet it weighs 40#'s,all by itself.

The only one I have ever seen with a bigger forehead,is Herman Munster.

By Xyrea on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 02:26 pm:

I confess...

...I am a horrible cook. Not a disaster, nothing that would cause the world to end... unless your mother happens to be the best damn cook you can think of. I missed the gene. It skipped me; no matter how hard I try, all my attempts at greatness fail to varying degrees.

...I secretly watch after-school cartoons when I get home from class early.

...I'm a word geek. I own at least a dozen different kinds of dictionaries, and love puns.

...I'm the idiot who gets a kick out of stupid humor and knock knock jokes.

Yep. I'm a loser.

By Hal on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

I confess,

I spend to much time at my computer.

I confess,

I'm emotionally defunct and probably screwed for life.

I confess,

I feel more about one person then I ever have anytime in my entire life, and yet I feel that there is something wrong because I'm the only person that can see it as a good thing, everyone else who has entered an opinion has given one that tells me I'm doing the wrong thing.

I confess,

I rely on other people to much, but only when it suits my needs.

I confess,

I'm a lame ass.

By Guess on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:27 pm:

I confess,

My curiosity has got the better of me. I want to know more about Patrick and the "other" woman.

By J on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

I confess I'm just thrilled that Absolutely Fabulous with brand new episodes is on comedy central tonight.I maybe Patsy's alter ego.

By pez on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

i confess...

i have nothing to confess...

except this.

i confess...

i am in a habit of falling for older men...

it seems that my crush on a 28-year-old
    roomie is the youngest of my falls lately.
    maybe it's because they have better manners,
    maybe it's because i've known most of them
    for two months or more.

i have no clue.

i confess...

i am afraid of getting what i want, and run at
    every chance.

By patrick on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

well watcher...i'll tell you.

its like this.

we've been spending a lot of time with this other couple.

and well when you spend a lot of time with another couple....certain elements of each of the relationships start to reveal themselves.

recently it was revealed by my big mouthed wife in a coversation that my um....thing...was um extraordinary. Naturally I blushed and it was revealed a certain friend used to call me "Wilbur" this cat lives in another state now, however the name "Wilbur" has attained a certain revival amongst these newer friends...courtesy of my wife and her big mouth.

SO....we were tying one on Friday night at my place, with Angry Sam and this other couple...and well...GUESS where the conversation went?

I "retreated" to the kitchen (5ft away) and proceeded to make more drinks trying to ignore the conversation hoping it would quell itself.

It just so happens on our refrigerator we have a plastic banana magnet about 3" long and someone got the knack that i was that size when i was born.

The legend lives on.

The tape measure came out.

The house was in hysterics. I liked it, i hated it.

Anyway...where the other woman touching my penis came into play was when my wife grabbed our girlfriends hand and put it on my weiner saying something to the effect of "feel this damn thing.."

I dont think ive blushed and retreated so much in a while.

Ahhhh alcohol.

The wife also dazzled the party with her super fantastic red hair.........

downstairs.

She almost got to her typical "shes-so shitfaced-she's-going-to-start-stripping-mode".

there you go.

By Hal on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

God damn, why don't I get invted to parties like that...

Speaking of which when am I going to get to see pics of you and nico???

You can leave your member out of the pics unless you feel it absolutly necissary to show me, but I would prefer not to have to endure that site.

By patrick on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 07:13 pm:

huh?

what pics?

surely you've caught the link when i've posted my little dinky website havent you? maybe you weren't here then.

well then....they say they are pulling this site soon so get it while you can.

the wife is throughout the site.

hit reload if some of the pics dont appear.

http://members.nerve.com/waffleboy/new.html

By Hal on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 08:00 pm:

Impressed... Sorry that I never saw it before...

You are a very skilled photographer my friend, not to mention the work you do on Nico's book but hell man, the page has some really awsome shots.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 11:26 am:

i just found out a friend is publishing his body guard training manual....of which i took the cover pics for. HA! Diversified portfolio. This guy is a former LA Raider, big as sin and is a EPS (Executive Protection Specialist)..meaning he wears a black suit and carries a glock rather than wears a wife beater and a .38 in waistband.

By droopy on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

in the sept. 2001 vanity fair there was a story about martha stewart. i didn't read it, but there was an old picture of martha from her modeling days. she was wearing short-shorts and looking kind of sultry.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

oh shit

By J on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 01:26 pm:

I'm telling you,she never misses a chance to show off her jugs,have you seen her new commercial? She's in her bed,in her jammies and her big cans.

By Dougie on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 02:42 pm:

She's got big cans? I never noticed -- usually she's wearing those men's oxford shirts that don't show too much. I'd watch her show if she did it topless.

By moonit on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:49 pm:

I confess....

I have a huge crush on a guy who probably doesn't even know I exist.

Dammit.

And he's not even that cute... I think its his accent that makes me all dribbly. And when he talks to me I make a huge dick of myself... or don't know what to say. It's quite embarassing.

Suddenly I am 13 again. Except Fat.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

whats the accent?

By Hal on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

Moonit, your too hard on yourself dear.

Way to hard on yourself, I'm going to start saving for a trip to NZ, and when I get there you and I are going drinking. We'll drink till we can't stand anymore, and then we'll... ummmm...

DRINK SOME MORE.... YIPPEEEEE.

By moonit on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

I confess...

Hal, I like your thinking.

I confess...

Patrick, its English.

I confess....

I am actively looking for another job due to the general fucked-up behaviour of the management of the old, and think I may have landed something good. Sole responsibility in an office in Chch which will be shared with the recruiters - and huge responsiblity with finally the bloody money I should be on for the skills I have. Just waiting to hear from the head honcho.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 03:13 pm:

Sometimes I marvel at the human race.

I've never known anyone, or been anywhere, where the topic of conversation was the physical attributes of an individual.

I can't be sure if I've missed something. Or, if the rest of the world has simply gone a little nuts.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

By J on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 11:42 am:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Moonit.

By Sister Magdelene on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:07 pm:

Moonit theres nothing wrong with being fat.

There are lots of chubby chasers out there but you have to stay clean and fragrant. Theres nothing worse than a fat persons sweat (except maybe 2 fat persons sweating in a small auto when you have a queasy stomach and fried eggs rolling around your stomach).

If you are too lazy to join the human race by losing blubber at least smell like a normal person.

Advice over.

By moonit on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 03:10 am:

Well that was truly lovely advice.

Excuse me while I rush right out and buy all the exercise equipment I can find.

Fuck you, you ass.

By The Watcher on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

moonit, my wife is a rather large lady, (you may insert any fat female joke you want here).

But, I've never noticed it on her.

It's your personality that truely must shine through. The physical can be overcome.

P.S. for your self you might want to look into Pulates. I'm about to try it myself. And, you don't need a lot of equipment. A mat at most. If your bed's to soft and the floor's to hard.

By moonit on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

Watcher, the thing is that I never see it. I mean I know I am due to the clothes I have to buy, but when I look in the mirror I don't see the chubby face, I just see me. It's always a shock to see photos of myself - I think 'who is that' and then I realise 'oh yeh, me'.

Odd huh.

If someone can't see the person inside that is me and has an issue with the way I look it is their loss. And its a slow process to lose it - but it is going. But better to take it slow, then to wake up one day a size 0. However nice that would be. Because slowly means I have a better chance of keeping it off.

By Antigone on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

Sister Magdelene is certainly a major fuckwit, but take it from me moonit, losing weight is definately worth the work. I can't tell you how much better it feels to not constantly feel like everyone's looking at me and thinking, "He's fat." Some people say you can just attain good self esteem without losing the weight. That's partly true, because I had to break the cycle of shame and guilt that kept me depressed and eating too much, but that was only the beginning.

Take it slow, develop good habits, and don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon and gain a few pounds now and again. Shame and beating yourself up will only make you depressed and cause you to eat more. Always keep your head up and stay focused on moving forward. That may sound hokey, but it worked for me. It still works, and I'm past the weight goals I set for myself a year ago.

Oh, yeah... Eat a high fiber, high protein diet too. And do a bit of weight lifting. And get lots of low impact light aerobic exercize. And get advice from sarah. :) And good luck.

By dave. on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 10:51 pm:

cancer also works. if you can't find any cancer, look for mononucleosis or amoebic dysentary.

By eri on Saturday, December 1, 2001 - 12:26 am:

Some of my closest friends and my closest family members are larger in size. I say it that way, because that is how I see them. I am the polar opposite. If I don't constantly shove food in my face I look like Kate Moss. I don't judge people based on size. It is who they are. I get upset when people call others fat or tell them to go to Jenny Craig or whatever. My aunt weighed over 500 lbs before she got sick. She was the most inspirational person I have ever had the joy of knowing and her size never changed who she was or what inner strength she had.

Please don't let your size define who you are. It is hard on both ends of the stick. Be proud of you, and if you do decide to lose weight, make sure it is for you and no one else.

I am one of the few small people in my family and every one of them will tell you that if I say that you need to lose weight it is solely for health reasons.

Moonlit, my mental picture of you was never a "fat" person. You are a very beautiful person, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

By moonit on Saturday, December 1, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

and this is why i love it here.

you guys rock.

thanks

By patrick on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 11:38 am:

i had Trader Joes Oat Bran Flakes for breakfast.

By droopy on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 11:59 am:

i had eggs, toast, and jalapeño and cheese venison sausages made from a deer that a friend of mine had killed with his own bare gun. and coffee.

By Antigone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 12:19 pm:

I'm going to go kill a stairmaster with my own bare legs.

By sarah on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

Antigone: not that it matters, but i'm curious to know how much weight have you lost all together? what's your typical day's eating like?

i made Dream Soup this weekend. i call it Dream Soup because literally i dreamed i was eating the most delicious soup - a soup i never had before nor heard of before. and when i woke up, i knew exactly what was in the soup and i remembered the recipe. i made it yesterday and everyone raved, even kevin's brother, who is the fussiest eater i ever met in my life. so here it is:

note: every ingredient i used was certified organic, except for the crab meat. if you're vegan, you could subsitite crab with diced baked tofu and vegetable broth for chicken stock, which would probably be yummy, but wasn't in the recipe in my dream. in my dream it was crab meat and chicken broth.

Dream Soup

Ingredients:
    1 tbs safflower oil
    4 1/4" slices fresh ginger root
    3 green onions
    4 cloves garlic, finely diced
    8 cups (or 4 cans) chicken broth - i used all natural chicken broth made from free range chickens
    2-3 cups water
    1-2 large carrots, sliced like little half moons
    2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1/2"-3/4" pieces
    5-6 small celery stalks, sliced
    1 can fancy white crab meat
    salt
    pepper
    2 bay leaves
    1 tbs dried basil
    1 cup quinoa, rinsed thoroughly or soaked for 30 minutes in warm water
    1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    juice of half a lime

Directions:

in a large pot, saute green onions and ginger root in oil for a couple minutes. add garlic and cook for just a minute or so on low heat, making sure it doesn't get brown. if the pan gets too hot, add a little chicken broth and let it simmer for a few minutes.

add chicken broth, water, green beans, and crab meat, basil, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste. cover the pot and bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium simmer. add celery and carrots. cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.

add quinoa, cilantro, and lime juice. cook until quinoa seeds soften and open up, about 15 minutes.

serve hot with pork chops and homemade pumpkin bread pudding for dessert.

By sarah on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

moonit, don't make weight the issue, make health the issue.

i'm a hypocrite though. i'm perfectly, absurdly healthy, but always obsessing about the five to ten which, since recovering from surgery, have prevented me from fitting comfortably again in my size six jeans.

but still. it's really about health. healthy is beautiful on the inside and automatically makes you beautiful on the outside, and healthy comes in many different shapes and sizes.

By Antigone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 01:52 pm:

Oh, it matters to me, sarah. :) In '97 I topped out at almost 290lb, freaked, and got down to 270lb. I stayed there for about two years, give or take 10lb, while I slowly got in shape again and figured out how to eat right. A year ago, with my fitness and nutrition just getting set right, I put on the steam and have gone from 260 down to 215 where I am now, and have gotten as low as 210. After resting for a bit I'm now trying to get down to 200, and that's where I'll stay. That's still supposed to be heavy for my ' height, but I'm not too worried. I bench pressed 315lb yesterday. :P

I usually eat about 2000 calories a day, but I don't track it closely. I try to stick to a high fiber, high protein, low fat, low refined carb diet. It's got to be doing something right, because I don't feel hungry, even when I burn an extra 500-1000 calories a day in exercize, like I am these days. When I want to lose weight I don't eat less, I ratchet up the exercize a bit.

And, I know what you mean about obsessing over the fat. I've got this little bit of fat around my belly, maybe sticks out an inch from my belt. My waist is down from 42" to 34", but that fat still drives me fucking crazy! I'd be satisfied with being 215lb if it just wasn't there. Sigh...

By Spider on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

Man, you're strong.

By Antigone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

Danke.

By sarah on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 05:22 pm:

oh yeah?!? well i benched 70 lbs! heeeyah!

i wish i could eat 2000 calories a day. when you say "low refined carb", that implies that you do eat carbs, and i'm curious to know what your personal definition of that is. like would you eat oatmeal, for example? or is oatmeal too refined? do you eat any kinds of bread or tortillas? how often do you eat dessert?

i have been so hungry this year. ever since surgery my appetite just seems to get bigger and bigger. i still mostly stick my own low-carb high protein high veggie thing but just eating more of everything. and more is more, which means i'm having a hard time keeping it down. i've been obsessive. plus hormone problems and intense bloating. it sucks. make it go away.

By semillama on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 09:44 pm:

I'm too small to eat 2000k a day. Having met
    both sarah and Antigone, I will say that both
    look very good and should stop woory about
    how they look. I can't comment about
    Antigone, but sarah at least is very attractive
    and really should not be at all concerned.
    She's a head turner for sure! If you dare to
    doubt then go look at nate's pix again from
    sorabjifest.

By Antigone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:32 pm:

Admit it, sem. You wanted to suck my ass.

But, I know I look good now. I just want to look fantastic. :)

Sarah, by refined carbs, I mean breads, pastas, and most rice. Basically, I avoid anything that's high glycemic. I'd eat oatmeal. In fact, oatmeal's great. If I've got a yen for a cookie, I try to get an oatmeal raisin one.

I also keep my appetite down with a small amount to metabolife, the diet pill. I don't take anything near the recommended dose, usually about 1/2 to 1/3, but it helps take the bite out of my hunger. Also eating small snacks over the day (with one big meal) helps too.

By Antigone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

And, sem's right, sarah. You're a babe.

By dave. on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

i simply can't visualize having a 34 waist. that would be like when i was 18. i can imagine being a 38 waist. i was a 38 waist when cleo was born. i never thought i'd be a fat guy. funny how things turn out.

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 10:04 am:

I consume a kazillion calories a day.

I often amaze friends and co-workers with my eating ability.Sometimes,if we're ordering out at work,I'll order 2 entree's.

When we're eating out at a resturant,anytime the wait staff starts clapping to sing for a birthday,my family joins in,and claps for me,singing,"Hercules,Hercules!"

Or,if they see the manager wandering around,checking tables,they'll say,"Look,they told him about you,and he's coming to see if can really eat all that food."

It used to embarrass me,but I'm used to it now.

But I have a REALLY high metabolic rate,and burn it off quickly.But I work out,too,to try to stay in shape.

I'll be in big trouble if my metabolic rate ever slows down and my appetite doesn't.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

Czarina,

It will slow down. Someday.

When I got married, a long time ago, I used to ask my doctors how to gain weight. I was a string bean.

Now my doctor is telling me I need to loose some weight.

Oh how I want my 36" waist back.

Good luck moonit.

By Dougie on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 03:08 pm:

Shit man, I always used to be 32" waist, 34" length for jeans as long I as can remember. Then, last year I started buying 33 and 34 waist jeans, and now over the weekend, they had a sale on Levis, and I had to buy 36" waist.

Sucks getting old. I think my beer intake must have something to do with it too.

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 03:41 pm:

Well,look on the bright side.At least you didn't have to buy them any shorter,so at least you know you're not shrinking.

By DUKW on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 11:23 am:

Czarina,

you have a tapeworm.

poor thing.

(the tape worm I mean)

By Czarina on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

Yes indeed.And I suspect you have one,too.

It is readily evident that yours is nourshing itself on your gray matter.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

I confess...

that sometimes i feel fat.

also that sometimes i dont give a damn.

i dont know which is a confession. maybe i should feel guilty and try to get in shape, or maybe its better to let myself feel content with who i am. But sometimes i run, and it feels good, whereas sometimes i sit in a comfy chair and read a book, which also feels good. Sometimes i eat salad and tofu, and that tastes perfect, but other times eating cookie-dough icecream solves all my worries in life, 'cause its just so damn good.

another confession:

there was a time when i was exetremely worried about which was right and which was wrong, because there was something wrong with me no matter which it was. this was true not only about my health and weight, but about every aspect of life. but physical, mental, spiritual inertia was something i was very worried about. i used to get incredibly depressed because eveything i did was, in my mind, stupid, or lazy, or pointless. i have contemplated suicide. happily, though, i made it through that. now, i feel like it doesn't matter as much as i thought it did, and i'll be okay no matter what. its been a big weight off my shoulders. i dont need to spend hours justifying my existance. of course, part of me still wants answers, just to be sure, but overwhelming that is the feeling of peace that i have in me.

wow. i needed to say that. thanks for listening.

By Hamlet on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

Ophelia, nuttin's changed.

That was all stupid, pointless and boring.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

fuck you. sorry for being angry, but fuck you. no shit nothings changed, but thats the whole point, my perception changed even if everything else was the same. if you were bored, why did you feel the need to read and respond? i didn't post it so that you could criticize it. i posted it cause i needed to put it in words.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 04:27 pm:

Actually, i did post it because i want criticizm, or i wouldn't have posted it in the first place. But that hurt me.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

ophelia why are you letting this ass monkey get to you?

its the same fucker from the UK thats been around for days now.

considering nate hasn't really posted much as of late, I wouldnt be surprised if it was him messing around.

nothing said around here should hurt you.

By Czarina on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

Pumpkin Fucker

By Hamlet on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 08:42 pm:

Hey Ophelia, one of the most useful functions of this type of message board is exactly the therapeutic one which you describe.

The cathartic effect of any kind of cyber rant is as genuine as the real thing except there is no emotional fall out or agressive body language to have to deal with for days after.

It isnt only the act of putting it into words. If that was the case you could put the message in a bottle and throw it into the ocean. Its the thought that someone will read what you have written that provides the comfort factor. Maybe they will laugh, maybe it will make them mad but the point is you have provoked a response and made contact emotionally with another human being.

But message boards are not like throwing messages in bottles out on the sea. A response is expected its the convention of a message board.

This is not the YWCA annual outing board and you have to expect sarcasm,put downs and false sincerity. Thats how the other messagers get their kicks.

As far as the existential anxiety which you have suffered recently be glad of that, as it is a sign of emotional intelligence which is a rare commodity these days.

Depression, dislocation and loneliness are not unique to you and reaching out to tell someone else is the first, and major, step to recognising that things are improving for the better.

On a final serious note, I would recommend that you obtain a copy of a book entitled GESTALT THERAPY VERBATIM, by Fritz Perls.

I am sure one of the slick assed crew on here will knock this but it is a genuine aid to understanding how we tick.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 12:52 am:

Fritz was a curious and over-sexed boundary-less man who took advantage of his students and admirers. He was a hell of a good therapist though.

Even better is Christina Grof's book on Spirituality; I forget the name.

I confess I know what I'm talking about.

By moonit on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 01:10 am:

I confess...

I WANT SOME FUCKING ATTENTION GOD DAMMIT.

By Daniel ssss addendum on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 01:12 am:

And know nothing about weight, food, recipes (esp very long ones like the ones I was in trouble for posting), and therapy.

When you get *really* old like me, it helps to be thin and have a ready supply of cortisone for the joints which are degenerating because of being too large for too long.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 02:27 am:

By JoE KEwL on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 02:44 am:

taste thine fatty behind
    it's all good, be so fine
    don't let go
    don't let go
    baby that's some fly chicky ass
    you know it.

By Czarina on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 08:45 am:

Thanks Tigster,I love you :)

By patrick on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

oh please.

no need be fanatical about this guy.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 12:42 pm:

One man's ceiling is another man's shit encrusted buttplug.

By patrick on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

well tell me where the abuse is?

he appears to be a semi-intelligent ass. it could be worse.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 01:33 pm:

You can talk the talk, but can you fish the bicycle?

By patrick on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

hell if i know man.

i just love busting balls.

i've been working on an investigation/audit of a particular distributor who is fudging their return claims to us and stealing about $12-14k from us

HELLO!!!! bonus for Patrick.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

Moonit, you have my mulit-divided attention.

Sorry. That's the best I can do.

By Ophelia on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

Patrick, I appreciate your concern. But if people say things that hurt me, that's okay, becuase i make myself vulnerable while being aware of that risk.

Hamlet, you did piss me off, but you are forgiven. Thank you for your advise.

You are all very awesome (especially Moonit!!!), and I wouldn't have ever given sorabji a second glance if it was the YWCA annual outing board.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

Are people outted every year there?

By Ophelia on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

hell if i know

By sarah on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 06:23 pm:

i'm sorry it has taken me so long to pop in here. i was offline for 48 hours was becuase i've been busy having several emotional breakdowns. par for the course since being in austin.
    but i want to say HOLY FUCKING THANK YOU to Sem and Antigone for being so complimentary. you guys both are really sweet, and also are both very attractive looks-wise and personality-wise. i'm not just saying that either.

as far as my intermittent and relentless emotional breakdowns, the most recent one was due to a realization. in hawaii i hated my job but loved my life. in austin i love my job and hate my life. i'm sick and tired of being sad all the time, and everything being so hard all the time. it used to not be this way.

k's therapist thinks i have seasonal affectation sydrome, i believe that's what she called it. quite possible. there's never any sun here anymore and i'm never outside anymore.

i confess
    i feel
    like such a mess.

btw, i saw Natalie Merchant last night. she put on a nice show and boy she is one classy lady. now there is someone who looks absolutely fabulous and outrageously sexy with a few extra pounds on her. wow.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 6, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

Check out these light bulbs. I have these all over my house, and I noticed a significant difference in my mood over the winter months after I installed them. I have a couple of the compact flourescents, but the light they out out is funky. (It's still full spectrum, though...) I haven't tried the brand on this page, so I may order one to check it out.

Try it. You'll like it.

By semillama on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 12:20 am:

Ok, that seals it. Sarah , antigone an dI at
    least need to get together on a regular basis.
    Damn it Sarah, We at least need to hang out
    more simply on a friend s basis, because it's
    ridiclous that we don't, as we are obviously
    compadres for life, alright?

If it weren't on such a short notice, I would say
    you should come up to detroit with me this
    weekend to lend Mavis the emotional support
    she needs right now. Unless you can fly to
    Detroit on a moment's notice.

By sarah on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 10:08 am:

wish i could. i am working toward a deadline, need to get this website finished for the school district before december break.

did i mention i get three weeks off? HAHAHAHAH! suckas!

Antigone, thanks for that link. i am flat broke right now, so i called my mom and asked her to buy me a bunch of those lightbulbs for xmas. i might go get one or two this weekend if you can get them at a store.

By sarah on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 10:09 am:

tell Mavis we miss her and i'm really sorry to hear about her loss :(

By patrick on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

im getting Nico and I LA Kings Detroit Red Wings tickets for xmas.

I hope they didnt sell out yet.

nico loves the Red Wings.

By semillama on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 06:44 pm:

She has fine taste.

By patrick on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 07:16 pm:

i generally like them too...except when they are playing the kings.

there's so much talent there, its a joy to watch. In fact this year that got former Kink talent Luc Robataille. Kinda bummed about that.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, December 8, 2001 - 10:24 am:

"One man's ceiling is another man's shit encrusted buttplug."

It's stuff like this...and the love, admiration, deep respect, friendship, support, insults, raving lunacy, and so forth...all of which keeps me coming back.

And hey Moonit: if you would let others KNOW that you were reading their work, you'd know folks were reading yours. You prolly have more attention focusd your way than you think!

I may not post alot any more ( or watch Lassie reruns ) because of the tension in my life... but I still chuckle chortle and cough at you guys.

And wonderwebwoman Sarah: thanks for linking the old site: it is ART I tell ya!

By Cat on Saturday, December 8, 2001 - 11:31 pm:

I love Mavis and wish she would post again. Would you pass that onto her, pretty please Sem?

Such a beautiful, original person.

By moonit on Sunday, December 9, 2001 - 04:20 am:

I miss Mavis too, she rocked my world with odd american candy.

By Platypus on Sunday, December 9, 2001 - 10:20 pm:

What about me?!

By moonit on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 03:01 am:

and Platypus too... she also introduced me to whatchamacallits, and they're all good.

By J on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 10:19 am:

Which reminds me,should I still mail that package to your work addy with all that's going down there Moonit?

By moonit on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

shit no J, I'll send you a new address!

i forgot about that!

By TBone on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 07:10 pm:

I confess...______________________________________
    I'm in a funk that's probably related to the______
    season, the clouds, lack of money, impending______
    semester end, dislike for my job, internal________
    relationship conflict, proximity to other_________
    depressed persons, sleep deprevation, self-induced
    loneliness, and a poor diet.______________________

By semillama on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

what's up the all the lines? is it related to your
    funk?

And how is it that funk can refer to being really
    down and also to the most up beat music
    around?

By TBone on Wednesday, December 12, 2001 - 11:26 pm:

It also refers to a very unpleasant odor.

The lines are only loosely related to my funk. They have something to do with me trying to post that 2 days ago, but failing because I couldn't get to sorabji from campus and sorabji called me a bad name and said I was forbidden when i tried posting remotely though my home machine. And I was too lazy to fix the formatting and take out the lines.

I just realized how much work I need to do tonight, and the magic smoke just got out of my roomie's monitor. I swear we have silicon termites or something. Our hardware is dying left and right.

Finals are next week.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

I hope you have backup copies of all your important files.

Good luck on your Finals.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

Moonit,

If you can get a copy of "It could be Verse" by Victor Buono (King Tut in the old Batman TV series). Better yet find a copy of his album. Unfortunatley I've forgotten the title.

He has a wonderful way of making you laugh about being fat. Whether you are or are not his poetry is funny.

I'll have to find some quotes to put here.

By Hal on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:38 pm:

She's not fat...

Nope...

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

I found it. "Heavy" is the name of the album.

It's only on Vinal or tape. It is very funny. I haven't listened to it in years.

I'll quote from it sometime in the future.

"I think that I shall never see, my feet" Victor Buono(The Fat Man's Prayer)

By eri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 10:29 pm:

Moonlit,

Although I doubt that you are fat, I can understand not being comfortable with your body. I hope that you do what makes you happy and healthy. That is what I wish for you this holiday season.

That probably sounds sappy but I am on my 4th beer. Besides, it is sincere.

Something to add to my wish list.
    My sister had a progress meeting today in regards to regaining custody of her son. I hope they take her parental rights and open Christopher up for adoption, or at least make it so that the biological father cannot have custody so long as Annie is with him. I want safety and security for my nephew. He still can't walk or speak. All he can do is crawl and cry. He deserves better.

Also, I hope that my kids like the piles of hand make clothes I have made for them. It took me forever to figure out this sewing machine!!!!!

By Czarina on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 10:00 am:

Moonit.Moonit.Moonit.Moonit.

Not Moonlit.

That was not directed at you Eri.I just had a really fucked morning.And I had to vent somewhere..

By Cat on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

Or "Moontit" as I called my mate when I first came on the board..heh.

By eri on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

Wish I had a nickname like that. I would do just about anything if they would grow again. Hayley's waist is slimming down already. Within the next couple of years we will be buying training bras together.

By J on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 01:05 am:

I could always find my bra when I had 34 b cans,,spawn has cans,you don't really need them.

By J on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

I don't have a clue what I meant there and Ryan does not have cans,"I have nipples Faucker can you milk those too"? That was my favorite line in Meet the Parents.

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 12:54 pm:

I confess when taking walks in the hood, i often take the back alleys not only as a shortcut but with hopes of hearing people having sex.

this place is dead today. How long as it been since you confessed?

By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

3 weeks.

By eri on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

I confess that the seats on my dining room chairs are so dirty that not even a steam clean can help them, and although I have the stuff I need to reupholster them, all of our staple guns are in Missouri in my Dad's garage.

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

and your post adds to this thread, how spider?

By heather on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

she answered your question

patrick

By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

I answered your question, bitch. Now roll over.

By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:34 pm:

Duuuuude. Synchronicity.

By agatha on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

I confess to being so involved when watching Survivor that I suspect that my neighbors can hear me. It's very embarrassing.

I confess that, since I got Tivo, I've been referring to television characters in conversation as though they were real people.

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

oh hush up heather.

she didnt answer my question. Any confession made off this board is not a confession.

by my tally this was Spider's last confession:

By Spider on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 10:52 am:
    I confess that I saw Harry Potter on Thanksgiving...after my brother and I snuck out of my aunt's house to see it....and I had...impure thoughts...whenever Alan Rickman was on screen...

now confess god dammit and stop being a smart ass spider, you know i wasnt referring to your visits to the man in the box.

By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

I confess I did something so terrible this weekend that I am too ashamed confess it, even here. Even you people would be sickened. I am not joking.

By J on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:56 pm:

I can't believe that Spider,your practically a saint.

By sarah on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

i confess that yesterday beginning at 5 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m. i drank in this order: two cans of tecate while gardening, half a bottle of white wine while eating dinner, and a hot chocolate with whiskey while watching TV.

i also ate two chocolate soy nut clusters and a slice of zucchini cake.

By heather on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:26 pm:

i helped my sister move this weekend and i confess that while i like her husband, sometimes he irritates me to the point where i find it hard not to just leave right that second

i also confess that i ate all the rest of the cherry cobbler for breakfast this morning

By pez on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

hey, it's fruit, isn't it?

By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:38 pm:

I sure as hell am no saint. But let's forget about that.

Here's something else I confess: I find Vincent D'Onofrio on Law & Order scarily attractive.

By heather on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:44 pm:

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

the fact that you searched for one is even more scary, dear heather.

By semillama on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 04:04 pm:

I haven't confessed since November.

I confess that I was rockin' and rollin' 9 hours
    ago.

By heather on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 05:31 pm:

i was just looking to see who she was talking about

dear patrick

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

ever hear skunks having sex heather?

By heather on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

not that i'm aware of

why do you ask?

By patrick on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 07:40 pm:

no reason what so ever.

By Daniel yawn ssss on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:39 pm:

I confess I'm reading this.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 04:28 am:

I confess I'm not reading this.

LS

By moonit on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:34 am:

I confess that no I can't confess that because I don't know if its true.

dammit

By patrick on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:36 am:

i confess that im in worse shape than i'll ever admit.

i confess that i probably need some sort of help but am too afraid and proud to ask.

i confess im afraid the business will fail due to improper investment, and a fickle, shallow industry's obsession with sparkle denim.

I confess Im angry at an industry's failure to recognize talent and superb quality simply because of clogged, snobbish and incompetent sales channels.

I confess i will probably spend the next 10-15 years in such absurd debt, that our dreams will never be realized unless gene therapy can add an extra 30 years to my life.

I confess im quite angry about it all.

I confess, i still have some hope despite what Ive said.

By Dani on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:44 am:

Can you tell us how?

fuck.

By pez on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 11:53 am:

i confess that i got sick at work last night and left a big mess.

By semillama on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:23 pm:

I confess to entertaining what are likely pretty
    foolish fantasies inside my head.

By Pilate on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

I confess to an inexplicable feeling of fear and dread now that my kid's got his learner's permit. Oswald + motor vehicles = nervous dad.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

I confess to being utterly disapointed the Kings got bounced AGAIN by the Stanley Cup champs, Colorado Avs, AGAIN, in a game 7, after they rallied from a 3 to 1 game deficit AGAIN, at the Pepsi Center in CO AGAIN, to end one of the best season's they've had since Gretzky.

Yeah, yeah, yeah its sports, perhaps not intellectual enough for some of you. No matter.

I had one of the greatest times this past weekend at Game 6. The intensity, the momentum...such an extreme high, and then to see them practically hand them the game 7 last night, such a low.

God damn it.

Im afraid this repeat, the more extreme disapointment could cost them morale in the next season. You can only say "payback for last year" so many times.

So my team, Philly, #2 in the east got bounced, LA got bounced, no one left to pull for but Detroit and maybe Carolina.

*sigh* Kinda sad putting my jersey in the closet for the next 7 months.
    Ugh.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:14 pm:

Well, root for the Islanders then.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

nooooooo

Carolina gets my vote in the east for being the mega-under dogs.

Detroit gets my vote in the west simply because they have some all-star veterans that deserve the Cup, including former King Luc Robataille and Dominique Hasik.

Actually i had a theory for a while there (and this could still hold water) that a Canadian team would win it, with winning the Gold this year, there are already 3 out of the 5 Canadian teams in the 2nd round, with a 4th today if the Leafs win...so you know, maybe I'll be Presto and predict right here a Canadian team will win the Cup. We'll talk in June.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 05:42 pm:

I was bummed the Jazz lost night to Sacramento. Malone's fault. Been listening to too much Dan Fogelberg and not enough Andrew WK I suspect.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:11 pm:

Go Sharks. If they can make it into the final round, it's as good as won.

The eastern conference lost all their heavyweights.

I hate not getting Fox Sports Net.

LS

By patrick on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 07:24 pm:

I would like to see them wallop Colorado in the next two weeks, but Colorado is my most hated team. The Sharks are not my fav's either, so in this coming series its a lesser of two evils. Go Sharks for now.

The east may have lost their heavy weights, standing wise, but literally and play-wise, Ottawa are coming on huge. Next to Philly, Ottawa is one of the biggest teams there is.

By Platypus on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 01:47 pm:

I confess...that I want practically everything in the Mille Nico fall catalogue I just opened.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

you know where were at.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 01:52 pm:

seriuously.

we're actually going to be having a party at my studio next month for friends to actually come, try things on ala tupperware party style.

we have to sell this line or we're done. its the strongest yet but we are being even more aggressive.

let me know if you want a price sheet.

By spunky on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 02:00 pm:

I confess that I think Martha Stewart is Rosie O'Donnell's lover

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 05:35 pm:

I confess that I'm bummed about the Islanders, but figured it would happen.

I confess that one of the funniest things I ever heard/saw was my brother sitting there watching TV, flipping through channels with the remote, and as he came across the Rosie O'Donnell show, he flipped past saying to himself as matter-of-factly as possible, "I hate that fat bitch." Guess you had to be there.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 06:13 pm:

I confess to being a dirty old man.

But, since it's common knowlege I guess it's no confession at all.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 07:00 pm:

oh....one other plug.

Nico just informed me that the Spring collection is now 20% off. Thats in addition to getting a wholesale price

We have limited quantities/sizes left, 1st come, 1st serve.

Prices range from $15-$23.

EVERYTHING MUST GO!

By Dani on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 07:51 pm:

Who's the man modeling the "sweaters for gents??"

By eri on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 08:40 pm:

I just wish I saw some prices on there for some of the stuff. I liked one of the shirts a lot.

By Platypus on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 10:59 pm:

YES, I WANT A PRICE SHEET.

And I'll cruise over and check out spring stuff too. Do I need a minimum order?

By semillama on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 09:13 am:

I looked at that catalog and others Ihave, and i
    think I am going to order something, too. I
    normally am oblivious to clothes, but theose
    look really good.

Yeah, who are the models? HmmmMMMM?

By spunky on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 09:36 am:

I have to confess that I thought it was a COW neck sweater, not COWL

By eri on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 10:39 am:

Haven't I taught you anything?

By patrick on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:21 pm:

platy you gotta email me first. i dont have your addy.

Eri a price sheet will be included in your mailer. Or you could always just ask. Since the site is for retailers and 'end-wearers' we don't publish prices.

Dani, the male model for the spring garments is a nameless friend.

Sem, the 'autumn' catalog you probably just received....well you know who the dude is, the chica...is NOT nico though. Everyone seems to think that, but its not her.

again. here is my email. let me know what you're interested in, if anything, and i can tell you the price or just email the price sheet to you.

thanks all!!!

By eri on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

I love the "lounge tie neck" knit top. I have a skirt it would look great with!

Look forward to the catalog.

Thanks!

By patrick on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:49 pm:

loungie tie neck is sold out already. the lounge wear did well, especially with the matching bottoms. sorry.

Actually we have recently shipped orders to a Texas based chain called Whole Earth, I have no idea what we shipped them, or which stores. IF there is one in your town, stop by. Unfortunately you'd be paying retail.

By spunky on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

By Dani on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

That nameless friend of yours is a hottie.

By semillama on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

That she is.

I knew that was you. It was from your posture
    and expressions, which although I have never
    really seen you before, instantly recognized.
    Figure that one out.

By patrick on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 07:30 pm:

Eri, Im being told that the lounge tie neck will be back in stock in a month or two.

Do you have MS excel? I can give you all the size and price info.

By eri on Thursday, May 2, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

I don't know what that is, sorry. I am a computer idiot. Spunky says we do, though.

By patrick on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:29 pm:

spunk..a little help? if i send an MS excel file to your home 'puter is it gonna open?

By eri on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:38 pm:

Would that be like if someone sent us an email with powerpoint and we opened an attachment and powerpoint came up? My dad does that.

By patrick on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

Powerpoint is just one Microsoft program.

Word is another Microsoft program

Excel is yet another program.

They all have different functions. Chances are, if you have Powerpoint, you have Excel.

Excel is a spreadsheet program, used for creating a lot of the materials one uses Power point to present.

Look on your 'puter Programs menu and see if you see "MS Excel"...possibly look in your MS Office file, if you have one.

By eri on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

I have it.

By dave. on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

By eri on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

That was bad. And still I am laughing. What's wrong with me? Wait, I take that back. Too much of an open door here.

By spunky on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

Yes, we have Excel

By sarah on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 06:28 pm:

i confess... i weighed myself for the first time in a year last week. 160 lbs. exactly 18 lb gain from my normal/natural weight i was right before that awful surgery last year.

i confess... i took my first phentermine pill this morning and already it has changed my life. i don't think about food 24/7. i've been more productive at work because i'm not thinking about what i'm going to eat next. i am no longer totally and utterly controlled by hunger and an insatiable ravenous appetite. i can eat small meals and be satisfied with no cravings. i have energy.

i confess... i stopped taking prozac two weeks ago and i'm glad that's over. it was good while i needed it.

i confess... i feel hopeful for the first time in a long, long time.

By heather on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

phentermine?

By semillama on Friday, May 3, 2002 - 08:52 pm:

I would guess that it's an appetite
    suppresant?

I'm glad you're feeling good, sarah. I hope you
    feel good for a long time.

By Been there glad I didnt do that... on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 12:36 am:

It's half of Phen-Phen, which has killed a lot of people by weakening their hearts.

By heather on Saturday, May 4, 2002 - 09:59 am:

it would take nano robots with lasers working around the clock to weaken sarah's heart

so there

ha. i said nano robots, what the fuck is that about.

By LoneStranger on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 03:05 am:

nanoprobes.

I love me a sexy Borg.

Seven of Nine.

Whatever she tells me to do, I comply.

LS

By LoneStranger on Sunday, May 5, 2002 - 03:05 am:

Oh, did I confess I am a dork?

Well, I confess.

LS

By Czarina on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 02:52 am:

I'm interested in this manoprobe...............tell me more...........

By sarah on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

thank you heather.

By sarah on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 03:03 pm:

Fen-Phen refers to the combination, or cocktail, of Fenfluramine or Pondimin (the "Fen") and Phentermine (the "Phen"). Fenfluramine received FDA approval in 1973 for the short-term treatment of obesity. Together, Phentermine and Fenfluramine produced a powerful diet drug cocktail.

The FDA never approved the Fen-Phen combination, but once the agency has approved a drug, doctors may prescribe it at will. Their use, together, was considered "off-label".

In 1992, Dr. Michael Weintraub at University of Rochester and several colleagues published a study citing Fen-Phen as a more effective method than dieting or exercise* in reducing the weight of the chronically obese. Even better - Fen-Phen, unlike an earlier generation of speed-laden diet drugs, seemed to be without immediate side effects.

The Fen-Phen cocktail became an overnight sensation. 1996 saw 6.6 million prescriptions of Fen-Phen in the U.S.

Dexfen-Phen refers to the combination, or cocktail, of Dexfenfluramine or Redux**(the "Dexfen") and Phentermine (the "Phen"). Dexfenfluramine received FDA approved in 1996 for use as an appetite suppressant in the management of obesity.

Like Fen-Phen, Dexfen-Phen, too, became an overnight sensation.

Neither combination, however, was ever tested for safety.

By the summer of 1997, the Mayo Clinic reported 24 cases of heart valve disease. All 24 people had taken the Fen-Phen cocktail. The cluster of unusual cases of heart valve disease in Fen-Phen users suggested a co-relation between Fen-Phen use and heart valve disease.

On July 8, 1997 the FDA issued a Public Health Advisory to report the Mayo findings (which were later published in the August 28 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine).

The FDA continued to received additional reports of heart disease, including reports from patients who had taken only Fenfluramine or Dexfenfluramine.

Further evaluations of patients taking Fenfluramine or Dexfenfluramine, showed that approximately 30% had abnormal heart valve findings. This figure is much higher than expected for abnormal test results and suggest Fenfluramine and Dexfenfluramine as the likely causes of Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (PPH) and valvular heart disease.

The FDA responded promptly to the alarming findings, and in September 1997, requested drug manufacturers to voluntarily withdraw Fenfluramine and Dexfenfluramine. At the same time, the FDA recommended that patients using either Fenfluramine or Dexfenfluramine stop taking them. To view the FDA September 1997 statement regarding the withdrawals, please click here.

The FDA did not, however, request the withdrawal of the third drug involved in the cocktails, Phentermine.

* i do not believe drug therapy should replace proper nutrition and exercise to achieve weight loss and overall health.

** i took Redux for 3 months back in 1996 and it did absolutely nothing. it didn't curb my appetite, help me lose weight, or cause heart-valve deterioration.

By sarah on Monday, May 6, 2002 - 03:39 pm:

"There are numerous opportunities for this regulatory system to fail. Often appetite and weight regulation is unstable for short periods of weeks but produces dramatic, lasting changes in size and shape."

By Kalliope on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 01:20 am:

i confess that patrick's confession turned me
    on a whole hell of a lot.

i'm gonna go bake a casserole now...

By patrick on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 11:42 am:

i confess that kalli's confession turned me on a whole helluva lot more.

im a thin piece of glass these days. doesnt take much to break me.

By J on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 12:51 pm:

I confess I have more guilt about my mother than I can handle.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

i confess i weighed myself again yesterday at the gym, between lifting and cardio. back down to 153. 7 lbs (prob mostly water) in 4 days - it was almost too easy. now just another ten to go. no doubt it'll be all off in a month. maybe less.

whew. it was really getting out of hand there for a few months.

btw, i read today that a woman should have about 22% body fat for optimal reproductive functioning. doesn't that seem like a high percentage?

By sarah on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

J, is it because mother's day is coming up?

By semillama on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 02:03 pm:

don't you need a good deal of body fat to help
    support healthy fetal development or some
    such thing? I seem to remember reading
    about that in an anthro class in the dim past.

I do remember reading about a female body
    builder who was in the early stages of
    pregnancya nd cut her bodyfat to compete,
    and she miscarried. I thought, "well, DUH."

By eri on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 02:13 pm:

I have always had a low body fat percentage. At my worst it was 19%, that was my fattest, I weighed about 120 lbs. then. Maybe my lack of body fat contributed to my millions of pregnancy problems.

I have noticed that doctors perceptions and recommendations about proper body fat percentages change depending on what area you are in. In California, I was told that my goal should be to have 15% body fat. So at 19% everyone was telling me I was fat. In Kansas City they told me that 22% was ideal and that I was dangerously underweight.

From what I have seen and heard here, Sarah, it sounds like you are doing very well. Sounds like you are healthy, and contolling your weight. I wouldn't worry too much so long as you eat right and excersize.

Good luck.

By bell_jar on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 06:40 pm:

i confess i'm in love with someone who probably isn't in love with me.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

I confess that I understand the world is full of one-sided love.

LS

By Platypus on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 07:47 pm:

if 19% is fat, I'm in trouble.

actually, I don't know what my percentage is. but I could stand to lose a few. it's the problem with living in dull, remote places.

i confess that i should be doing something much more immediate right now.

By eri on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 08:56 pm:

I know that my body fat percentage is higher than you would guess when you first saw me. I am not sure what it is anymore, though. I haven't had it checked in a couple of years, but it was at 19% then. My weight has fluxuated but only between 102 and 106 lbs. so I don't worry about it.

I confess that I didn't want to leave the pool tonite when the kids were tired. I wanted to stay and keep playing volleyball in the pool, and doing headstands and acting like I am a kid. I was having fun.

I confess that now that I have painted my living room I have no idea what to do with the fireplace (which is high gloss WHITE).

I confess that I didn't like the dinner I cooked and I am very hungry.

By moonit on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 04:58 am:

I confess that I too have a huge crush on someone, who at least lives in NZ, but still to far away for me to be acting on.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 09:45 am:

I confess that I'm in love with someone who is
    in love with me.

I feel like the opening bars of Lust For Life:

Bump-Bump-Bah! Bump-Bump-ba-bumpa-
    Bah! Bump-Bump-Bah! Bump-Bump-ba-
    bumpa-Bah!

Hey, bell_jar, if you are still in NYC, I'm in
    Brooklyn June 6, if you wanna grab a tea or
    something.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:34 am:

i confess any conversation about body fat percentages is annoying.

i confess im a drama queen.

i confess im going to miss The Osbournes. Seems they only got started. Last night i observed how much the Osbournes are like the Simpsons. The season closer was fan fuckin tastic.

i confess......like iggy, i wanna "stick it deep inside".

By patrick on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 12:52 pm:

actually i have a funny 3rd or 4th generation story about ozzy.

i was hanging out with my friend J this weekend, who happens to be Maynard's fiance. We were talking of the Osbournes and I asked her if she had met Ozzy on tour. She said no, but that she had met Sharon.

She relayed hilarious story Sharon told her.

Once on tour, Sharon was in tremendous pain. Now its fairly well known amongst other conditions, Ozzy is a hypocondriac. Sharon's pain was getting worse, Ozzy had no clue and passed out, dead to the world. She finally called an ambulance. Turned out to be an ovarian cyst. The paramedic's woke Ozzy to tell him that she would be ok, and that they are taking her to the hospital. I guess Ozzy had been passed out while the commotion was going on in the room.

Being Ozzy, when he was awakened and told 'she has an ovarian cyst, its going to be removed, she'll be fine' he replied "oh yeah yeah i had one of those once, they're nasty!" and then he passed back out.

By J on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

Sarah,Mothers day doesn't help things,I have to turn those commercials off when they come on,but it's just the thinking of what I should have done,instead of what I really did,I wish I had done so many things different.My mother though we may have had our disagreements,she was always there for me.She had a hard life,she had to leave home when she was 15 to go to Phillidelphia and work in the mills to send money home to her parents and little brother during the depression,then my dad got sick and she supported us then,then he died and she was a widow at 38.I never realized that we didn't have much money because she would come home from work and start sewing, she made almost all of my clothes and I dressed as nice as anybody.As much as I bitched about her,it was cause I worried about her and she was sooo stubborn,but I'm just like her.I can't even stand to look in a mirror anymore,it's her eyes I see looking back at me.Not this Christmas,but the Christmas before last she had given me a blanket that had a poem about how daughter brightens her life,she had always given me a check before and at the time I wished I would have gotten a check instead of the blanket,that blanket means so much to me now.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

try not to let regret eat you up. for a while i was letting it eat me up when my pop died.

"should have this done ______"

"could have done that ______"

it didnt matter. anymore. there was no use in fussing over it.

hang in there hon.....its gets better with time.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:40 pm:

Maynard?
    Maynard MAYNARD Maynard?
    Fiance? Does she shine like a glorious angel? Does she have big white feather wings and a mermaid tail? Does she have a pet unicorn and a little silver bell to call it with? And many fairy servants, that are constantly weaving flower crowns for her hair?
    She damn well better.

(yes, pathetic. i'm in a black velvet shirt, what do you expect from me?)

yo.

By patrick on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 11:48 am:

Yes. Shes an absolute doll. She is a jewelry maker. Cute as pie and very sweet.

Im just envious of all the travel she does. She was taking off for London to meet him on his way back from Australia.

Can you imagine touring with a rockstar like that?

By dave. on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

i heard the melvins blew tool away on that tour. can't wait 'til the 15th. can't believe i'm excited to see a show. remembering fondly nearly passing out from exertion in many a melvins pit -- which, back in the day, were more like a big, sweaty, homoerotic, greco-roman orgy than anything resembling the modern moshpit. those were the days. . .

By patrick on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

all i know is the Melvins are playing a free show, tonight, a few blocks away at Amoeba records. Im so there!!!

By sarah on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

J, please don't be so hard on yourself. just like your mom, you, me, and everyone else are trying to do the best we can in this life. some days our best is really great and some days our best isn't all that good.

try to forgive your mother for all those times when her best wasn't all that good, and then forgive yourself for whatever you feel guilty about. that's probably what she would want you to do, and if it isn't what she would want you to do, you should still forgive yourself anyway. you're a good person. you have a huge heart and a great sense of humor.

By Kalliope on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

I confess...I wanna marry a rockstar.

By LoneStranger on Thursday, May 9, 2002 - 04:34 pm:

I am a rockstar.

LS

By J on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

Thank you Sarah,that's a good way to look at it,and it helps:)

By J on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 08:33 pm:

I confess I'm hooked on Queer Eye on the Straight Guy,I just love Carson Kressley and Ted Allen.I'm learning alot on that show.

By eri on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 09:11 pm:

I confess I am tired of most of my neighbors. Tired of hearing about their problems. Being asked for advice when I just feel like telling them all to fuck off.

I confess I have felt like a doormat lately.

By V.v. on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 10:42 pm:

Eri,you are much like my Sister,she is a kinda Agony Aunt for so many people,and she also gets pissed off sorting out there problems[Earth Mothers are allways in demand]

By V.v. on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

Eri,your no doormat,allways a Goddess,Lady Bless.

By eri on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:32 am:

Thank you VV. Lady bless.

By V.v. on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 12:46 am:

Eri,if i had the telliportation communication to send you 15 bots of my best Russian Vodka right now,id do it,right on Godess.

By Kebron on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 01:33 am:

Yes Eri you are a Goddess

K

By eri on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

Go me!!!

By Lapis on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 10:37 am:

I confess....

...Do I ever have anything to confess about?

I confess that I am almost ready for work, rather than staying up all night drinking.
    I confess that I have bruises on my chest.

By J on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 02:44 pm:

I confess that I got so tanked Fri. night that I woke up Sat. morning with a rare hangover,I was on the toilet but my underwear was on and I pissed my pants,there were vinyl records on the floor and my back hurt all day.My s/o woke me up and told me to have some respect for myself.

By eri on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:38 pm:

Damn J. Sounds like a rough night.....

I will confess that I just burned the shit out of my stomach. I was stirring some beef (in stock for soup) and fucking splashed the boiling water on my stomach. Got a lovely little burn that still fucking hurts. Part of the burn is on my new tattoo too. Cold water not working. Baking soda not working. Fucking hurts. I am such a damned klutz sometimes.

By TBone on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:43 pm:

Woah. I thought you meant you burned your stomach as in the organ, not the part of your body. I was thinking "How do you splash boiling water on your stomach? Swollow it really fast?"
    Uh, bummer about the burn.

By eri on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 06:03 pm:

Sorry to confuse you there TBone. I guess I shoule have said I burned my skin on my belly near and around my belly button and it still fucking hurts!!!!

By V.v. on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:03 am:

Well i got Mr. Wobbly caught in my pants zipper last week,and if it hurts as much as that did you have my sympathy.

By Lapis on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:19 pm:

Is this some sort of bad joke?

I confess that I have a big bruise from attempting to dance using somebody's too-short (for me) crutches.

By V.v. on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 09:15 pm:

Lapis, now THATS what i call a bad joke,not to mention the double entendre.

By Spider on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 12:36 am:

"By Spider on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

I confess I did something so terrible this weekend that I am too ashamed confess it, even here. Even you people would be sickened. I am not joking."
    I have no idea what this could have been. I don't even remember writing that. Now I want to know.

I confess...

I am a lazy, sorry ass. I have no desire to be a productive member of society. I want to live on a remote island in the Canadian wilderness, in some lake in the Yukon somewhere, and read books all day and train pet squirrels to gather my food for me. I have thought of names for these squirrels; one of them is Otto.

I confess...

I've been having dreams about my former boss, the one I had a crazy crush on, and they make me feel sick after I wake up.

I confess...

I wouldn't have a problem if no one ever touched me again.

I confess...

I really, really like American cheese. Not the fake Kraft singles kind, but the kind you get at the deli. I prefer American cheese over all other cheese.

I confess...

My job is boring and I'm thinking the past two years and $40,000 of schooling may have been a mistake.

By jack on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 01:58 am:

"I confess...

I wouldn't have a problem if no one ever touched me again. "

I confess that this sounds somewhat unhealthy to me. Especially after the previous "I confess..." item.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 02:30 am:

I confess that. I have a picture of my truant officer that is sitting on my table, it is next to family pictures. Don't ask me where I got the picture from.

By agatha on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 01:45 pm:

Spider, where are you working? Did you officially graduate? You haven't mentioned peep...

I really like American cheese from the deli, too. I only ever eat it at my mom's house, so it's got a special sentimental aspect to it, as well.

How old are you, Pepper?

By Spider on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 03:11 pm:

Huh, I thought I had mentioned graduating... I graduated in May (with a 3.8 GPA, whooo), and I'm working part-time at an academic library here in Boston doing original cataloging work. Okay, I know my duties are really limited and a professional job would see more variety, but. But. Ah, I don't know. I'm depressed. Is this all there is?

I also really don't like working in an office environment, and I'm a total moron for not making note of that before I went to school...to work in an office environment.

And let me cut you off at the pass before you recommend public services. :) I worked three years in customer service, and if I never have to deal with the public on a regular basis I will die a happy soul.

By Spider on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 03:15 pm:

Wait, let me clarify: the work I'm doing now isn't really that bad -- I have to use my brain and I get to look at really interesting books -- but I'm doing the same single task the entire time. I need more variety. And I don't mean, like, "when you're done cataloging these books, you can catalog these CDs!!!" type variety.

By patrick on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 03:53 pm:

I confess to finding this woman from the show MadMen totally hot....even in her fat suit and torpedo tit bras she clearly wears on the show.

By Spider on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 05:05 pm:

That's not a fat suit -- that's all her. (And in real life, she's probably a size 8 at most.)

By Spider on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 05:08 pm:

Ooops, I didn't click on your link and assumed you were talking about Christina Hendricks.

By agatha on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 05:57 pm:

You might have mentioned graduating, Spidey, but if you did I somehow missed it. I remember lots of "I'm going to graduate soon" posts, but honestly I'm getting senile in my old age so it's more likely me than you. Did you take indexing? I have an (ex)friend who works from home doing indexing. I think it's a similar type of work to cataloging, but you could be your own boss, etc. Don't worry, I won't try to push public service on you (although I'm pimping a bookcart with a bunch of teens today and you aren't...). I know that's not your thang.

Mad Men: can't watch it. I tried. It's too painful for me to see how chauvinist and fucked up and imbalanced people were back then. I recognize that it's good, but I just can't seem to enjoy it. Give me a modern problem any day over that shite.

By patrick on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 06:55 pm:

as much as id like to think that she's not wearing a girdle to make her ass as big as it is on the show....google images of her.....there's no way she's a size 8.

By platypus on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 08:16 pm:

Whatever size she is, Christina Hendricks is smokin' hot.

Oh, and I confess that I like to plan things secretly so that when they fall apart, no one but me has to know.

By kazu on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 08:53 pm:

Christina Hendricks.

Yuck.

By semillama on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 09:05 pm:

If you are even remotelyvconsidering going back to customer service, then you need to spend some time at this web site:

http://notalwaysright.com/

By Dr Pepper on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 11:35 pm:

Agatha, why do you ask?

By agatha on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:04 am:

Well, mainly because I want to know. But also, because you mentioned a truant officer, which I associate with youth, but you have mentioned having kids in other posts. Just curious, pretty much.

By patrick on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 04:02 pm:

im with platy.....there's a whole lot of red head goodness to love there in Ms Hendricks.

By Spider on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 09:35 pm:

Have any of you seen the HBO series Carnivale? I just finished watching the first season at the behest of a friend and

uhm

Up there I confessed my inappropriate love for evil hellfire-and-brimstone preachers.

This show has a hellfire-and-brimstone preacher who has a gorgeous deep voice, can kill people with his brain, kisses his sister like he means it, and may or may not be the Devil in human form.

Holy snakes, y'all.

Ahem.

Even apart from that, it's a fantastic show. It reminds me a lot of Twin Peaks (except it's coherent), and not just because it features Michael J. Anderson (AKA the Little Man from Another Place).

I also have to confess that I threw out two 3/4-full bags of salad/spinach, two blocks of cheese, and a peach because I neglected to eat them before they spoiled. I'm sorry for wasting that much food and money.

By Nate on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 10:18 pm:

you threw out compost-able material? tragedy.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 01:36 am:

We don't have a garden, hence no compost pile.

In Montana, though, we had a compost pile. Still no garden, but we composted. Why, I could not tell you. What for, beyond keeping the earthworms in the area fat and happy, I could not posit. This is what happens when idealism and charm win over sensibility.

I confess to thinking dark, uncharitable thoughts about a fellow human being.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 02:45 am:

Spider, This show has a hellfire-and-brimstone preacher who has a gorgeous deep voice. WOW! how georgeous!

By semillama on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 01:35 pm:

Dr. Pepper = Performance Art

We need to toss stuff out of our fridge as well. Half the people in Columbus are without power, including us.

I'm sitting in a Barnes and Noble, paying for 2 hours of internet because this is the only place we could find with an open outlet to charge our computers. I also can't work, since power is out at my office. This would be a great time to get stuff done around the house, but I somehow hurt my foot and it hurts to walk, so that's out of the picture too.

We did get to see Motorhead last night, though. They rescheduled the Sunday show and played last night with Valiant Thorr, who are also awesome.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 02:04 pm:

Where are you, Sem? Was it the hurricane? Accch, no electricity = a shallow circle of hell.

I think Dr. Pepper and iGod are one and the same.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 02:33 pm:

iGod? is this a new word that I am hearing?

By Patrick on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 03:32 pm:

i confess to slaying rat over night.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 04:05 pm:

Columbus, and it was the hurricane - but our power is back! Hooray!!!!

Unfortunately my toe still hurts.

was it Ike for you too, Spider?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

We didn't get anything up here, fortunately. One day last week we got a lot of rain due to Hanna(?), but Ike passed us by.

I'm home waiting for the cable guy. Our old cable box died last week and on Saturday we got a replacement box that doesn't have a hookup for the TiVo. When I called to request a different box, they told me I'd have to pay an additional monthly fee for the DVR service, separate from the TiVo subscription. Grrr, I curse that old box for dying on me.

TiVo is a godsend that I'd rather not do without, especially since I watch TV with people who do not understand the concept of keeping silent while the action is running. "Gosh, why did he do that?" Well, shit, this is American TV: I'm sure if you shut the hell up and LISTEN, they'll spell it all out for you in due course.

Also, people who cannot follow action from one scene to the next. "Hey, what is he doing?" What, do you have seizures or something? He just SAID what he was doing, 30 SECONDS AGO. CHRIST.

"Why did he kill that girl?" Look, you're watching Law and Order and you're five minutes into the episode. I'm pretty goddamn sure you'll find out in less than an hour. I mean, are you completely unfamiliar with fiction? Do you not understand plot structure and suspense? Do really expect to get all the answers before the OPENING CREDITS? GAAAAAH.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

Sorry about that. I feel better, though.

By platypus on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 05:36 pm:

I confess that I hate people who talk during movies/tv shows...and I hate it even more when people argue about something, obscure the dialogue, and then stop, rewind, and keep arguing while they watch it again, making it impossible to know what happened.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 05:57 pm:

GET OUT.

Also, the cable guys just left, and AGAIN, they brought the wrong box. Third time they've been out here (not the same guys). Second time I've requested a model with a serial cable port in the back. Third time someone's looked at the TiVo and said, "well, you need blah blah blah." Yeah, dude, I know, and I was told you'd know, too. Frak.

By Danielssss on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 06:10 pm:

okaY, SO SPILL THE DARK UNCHARITABLE THOUGHTS

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 07:01 pm:

Nah, they're boring. Imagine me being petty and arrogant (try not to strain yourself) and you can fill in the blanks.

By droopy on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 07:13 pm:

i decided a while ago not to bother with cable or converter boxes and just let my rabbit-ear tv die. i'll just keep it around to watch video tapes on my vcr.

but yesterday i noticed a new channel on my tv: a mexican-american music video channel. it comes in crystal clear, unlike the other stations that have long since weakened their signals. i never thought about it, but maybe broadcast tv isn't going to disappear completely - just become low-rent.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 08:14 pm:

Semillama, it was cold during the weekend, cause of Ike, and now, it is warmer outside.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 08:28 pm:

By sarah on Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

i confess i've spent a lot of time here today.

By JusMiceElf on Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:47 am:

I confess to doing a crappy job of inspiring my daughter to learn
    to bike.

By ... on Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 01:51 am:

i was in a hospital bed for a couple of nights
    last month. at 4am on the second night a demon
    cunt nurse came to take some blood. she stuck
    the needle into my arm and whispered: "You are a
    young man. You should cover yourself. Some of
    the nurses and interns here are young girls.
    They get distracted when they see you lying
    there like that..." I confess that I was not
    hiding my junk. I could have closed a curtain
    around my bed but the head nurse (Anna, she was
    awesome) said to keep the curtain open so those
    same young and distracted interns and nurses
    could see how many plastic canteens I had filled
    with piss. After every third or fourth canteen
    someone had to carry away the 1½ gallon jugs and
    supply a fresh set. i was pissing like a river
    those 2 nights. i shared the room with a couple
    of incontinent geezers who shit themselves
    hourly. within seconds of each involuntary
    defecation these elderly gentlemen hit the HELP
    button and were quickly surrounded by nurses
    saying "We're gonna make you smell good, Papi,
    you'll feel fresh and clean." The smell of the
    dude's surprisingly aromatic buttbelch
    intermingled with what I think were some kind of
    Lysol wipes and sprays. If the demon nurse
    honestly singled me out for my distracting junk
    then I guess I know that when I am 99 and
    shitting myself in that same hospital's beds at
    least the youngsters will be repulsed and not
    distracted by my junk.

By droopy on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 12:36 am:

i remember my early days when i spent a lot of time
    in hospitals. paraplegics spend a lot of time
    shitting and pissing themselves, at least in the
    beginning. i remember nurses, years ago, loved to do
    a routine by richard pryor: "is that that your
    piss?...thank you!"

nurses referred to my junk as "the tadpole."

By sarah on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

#DistractinglySexy

By sarah on Monday, June 22, 2015 - 03:21 pm:

the best place to get sick is in a hospital.

i hope you are feeling better now.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact