3000 miles, 13 years and one trick knee later ........

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: 3000 miles, 13 years and one trick knee later ........
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:33 am:

So this past weekend, Im at a bbq. It's a lovely afternoon, despite throwing my knee out (at the bottom of a very big hill on my way to Angry Sam's house) Saturday.

We had just arrived, with our usual tispy grandeur, Nico wearing her newly aquired 1968 Mobile Oil Motorcycle helmet she got at her hipster swap meet that day, I with my limp, haircut and nifty plastic camera. Walking into our friends house we come to a table, with strangers, passing a pipe...our kind of party. Come to find out these two guys sitting at the table are from Georgia (one had not lost his accent)...this one guy in particular, says he's from Atlanta and it went like this:

Me: You from Atlanta?
    Him: Yeah, you?
    Me: Same here.
    Him: I grew up in Lilburn went to Parkview Hi.
    Me: No shit, I lived in Lilburn too...
    Him: (interrupts) .,..you played soccer for the Steamers right?
    Me: (disbelief growing) YES!!!
    Him: Me too!!!!
    Me: Oh Shit, whats your name?
    Him: A***...
    Me: J********** right?!!!!
    Him: YEAH!!!
    Me: dude!!!!!
    Him: Holyfuck!!
    Me: dammmmmmmm!!!!
    Him: whoa!!!
    Me: Lets do a shot...this doesnt happen but once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

Me: (to the rest of the potheads at the table) "what are the chances of sitting at a table, smoking grass, in Los Angeles, 13 years and 3000 miles away, running into someone i played on a classic soccer team when i was 13? It was an intense soccer team, we trained all summer long, twice a day...morning and night, so we got to know each other well.

Anything remotley weird and random like this happen to you?

By Dougie on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 11:51 am:

I went to a dinner party at a guy's house I work with, he's Egyptian, wife is Peruvian, his friends, a couple -- the man is Syrian, his wife is Puerto Rican, me and my girlfriend (Colombian), another couple originally from Shanghai but live here, and an ex-minor league ball player from the Dominican Republic. Interesting group of people from all over the world. We thought the fact that there were 2 Arab men who had married hispanic women was rather interesting too.

But certainly not random like your occurence, Patrick.

I once saw a guy I went to college with while walking down the streets of Paris. This was probably 10 years ago. That was freaky. Small world I guess.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

Patrick, it is not remotely weird, he's stalking you.

By Adam on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

and next time i see you i will cut your nuts off.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact