help with girls i dont understand them!!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: help with girls i dont understand them!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Roger on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 08:54 pm:

alright theres my problem. i ask out this girl erin and she likes me and we are like best friends but... one of her friends also likes me alot and her names amanda. but i dont like amanda. and erin wont go out with me because she doesnt want to hurt amandas feelings. well i think amanda can go to hell but erin wont go out with me because of amanda. and i have tried to get amanda to go out with anyone so that i can go out with erin but she wont. but im never gonna get fucked if i dont fix this problem!!! so please help me out here

By Kalliope on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 10:24 pm:

threeway em'.

a little tag team action will take care of all the issues.

i swear.

By wisper on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 01:12 am:

she's right.

or just wait it out. See what happens. Keep it in yer pants.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 11:48 am:

i know a couple of guys that could help you with this amanda problem.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

i could help amanda and erin with their roger problem.

quick, someone write lyrics to a song called "sodomy" sung to the tune of "memories"

and make it distinct from anything you'd find in the musical "Hair".

not that amanda or erin would know what "Hair" is, much less know the songs.

but still, integrity is everything.

no it's not.

yes it is.

i remember last time kalli and i had a threeway.

or was it a fourway?

do you count sexdroids?

By J on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

Roger,maybe Erin just doesn't want to go out with you and this Amanda business is just a good excuse,I hate to sound mean but it is a possibility.

By moonit on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:23 pm:

You will never understand women. And if you do we will have to hunt you down and kill you.

Its part of the code.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:43 pm:

speaking of code, it is possible to understand sexdroids. it just takes some time and a little effort.

of course, you don't need to understand a sexdroid to abuse the hell out of it's anurectatronic unit. it's like understanding vodka: yes, understanding vodka will open a whole new realm of vodka tasting sensation. however, all you need to know is how to unscrew a cap to get drunk.

By Hal on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:56 pm:

Roger... I must agree with Kalli on this one, take'm both. I mean shit, that way neither one of them ends up dissapointed, unless you have a small dick. But even then they have each other right. You might just change someone's life Roger. Damnit man you have a responsibility to stand up to and if you don't I'll personally have to take care of the problem myself.

In reality Roger, take what you can get man. Life is too short, you know I've seen situations like this time in and time out... And the majority therof' the reason you don't like Amanda is because you want Erin. Dude, don't think to hard about it.

I'm telling you bag both of them.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

and don't forget the sexdroids.

By Hal on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 05:33 pm:

Yeah those too... Make it a foursome.

By wisper on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 06:46 pm:

to hell with Amanda and Erin.
    sexdroids for all!

By patrick on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

fuck, i just want to know what kind of chiba they are smoking in at the cnn editorial/graphics department

By patrick on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:02 pm:

thats teh head pic for the Energy Crisis story.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:11 pm:

jesus christ!! the masterbots have taken over the capitol!

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:12 pm:

you can see the bluelight leashes running from the masterbot to the members of congress!! gray davis is surely among the controlled!

we are doomed!

By Platypus on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 08:11 pm:

Gray Davis is almost certainly among the controlled.

By J on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 10:18 am:

Could this have anything to do with why it hurts when I pee?

By Hal on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 11:08 am:

No J, that's something COMPLEATLY different.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

probably a ureabot.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

by the way, I think the case against the so-called polygamist in utah is FUCKED. why the hell can't he run his own little desert trailer harem? I'm not sure about the government-assistance part of this case, but just trying to prosecute a man for keeping a bunch of women and their kids is ridiculous.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

Haven't even heard of the case, but he lives in Utah right?

I though Mormons were all cool with the multiple wives thing?

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

they haven't been cool with it for a long time. at least, not the image of it. the reason why he's being attacked is because he is so vocal about his polygamy. apparently there are some 40,000 polygamous families in utah.

i don't think they have a case against him. he was careful to divorce each woman he married before marrying the next. bigamy in the sense of legal marriages is the crime, not polygamy.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:22 pm:

yes. apparently some judge warned him not to hold a news conference about his family ways, but he did anyway. um, does that sound like free-speech impingement to anyone else here?

child rape is one issue (apparently he started exercising his conjugal rights when she was just 13), incest is another, and welfare abuse is yet another. but trying to prosecute a guy for practicing de facto but not de jure polygamy? bullSHIT.

By crimson on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

notice that few cases of polygamy/bigamy tend to involve women having a multiple set of male partners. i always thought that would be a nice way to live. in fact, i've actually ventured into that lifestyle off & on...but i didn't make the mistake of legally marrying the guys first, since that would be illegal. i've always wondered why polygamy is illegal in this country. it hurts no one (provided that it's consensual, you treat your husbands w/ love & respect & all that crap). it's a true victimless crime (IF there's nothing weird going on in the background--i've heard that some of the mormonoid polygamous groups are heavy on coercion, forced breeding & even incest, but those things can happen in ANY home, not just a polygamous one). i think that the ban on polygamy might possibly be even more ridiculous than the ban on drugs & prostitution.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

from yesterday's nyt:
    ------

In court papers, Mr. Leavitt [prosecuting attorney, I think] charged that Mr. Green ["polygamist"] had been able to elude prosecution by marrying without state sanction. But he told the court he was basing his prosecution on the legal argument that Mr. Green had made no effort to hide his wedded relations and that "a solemnized marriage otherwise valid is not rendered invalid by failure to meet licensing requirements."

------

ahahaha. they don't care that he's a polygamist, just that he didn't hide it.

by that same reasoning, isn't the prosecutor saying that serious gay commitments should be recognized as legal marriages even though they can't be licensed?

have I ever told you all that marriage law in these united states is fucked?

By Hal on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

I think that is something that we all should be able to agree on.

By Pilate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

I'm going to get illegally married in October. Despite the intensity and depth of my relationship I can't get it recognized by the state. The few areas that have experimented with recognizing gay marriages are threatened with appeals and overturns every day. The marriage laws in this country (and in most areas of the world) are truly fucked. Polygamy should be legal too. All forms of marriage should be legalized. Alternative relationships and marriages exist and they're valid, whether or not the right wing fucks in Washington approve of it.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

marriage should have nothing to do with law.

making a business contract out of marriage makes no sense at all.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

maybe no marriages should be legal. maybe special legal contracts could be drawn up for special circumstances. maybe everyone should be able to select one other person (as well as her children) as a beneficiary for such things as health insurance.

marriage law is totally schizophrenic, the way courts won't allow some people who want to get married to marry, yet they force marriage laws onto others who could get married but didn't want to, and they go after other people who may have wanted to get married but couldn't and didn't and then claim that their lifestyle is too much like marriage. what the hell?

maybe marriage should be a purely social/religious institution. maybe the government
    should stay out of it. people could legally designate their beneficiaries for different things and enter into contracts regarding the raising of children.

By Carlos on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:33 pm:

" apparently some judge warned him not to hold a news conference about his family ways, but he did anyway. um, does that sound like free-speech impingement to anyone else here?"

no. warning someone to not have a news conference is not abridging their right to free speech.

By p-dogggggg on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:40 pm:

but one should tto be penalized for making a news conference out of such an issue.

so nate, how do you feel about prenups?

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

well, if you don't look at marriage as a business contract, a prenup is not necessary.

if you do, then who knows. to each their own.

i was not going to have one drawn up, even though it would probably have been in my best interest to do so.

i don't know. i have a very solid idea about marriage at the moment.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

actually, i meant to say, i DON'T have a very solid idea about marriage at the moment.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

i filled in the blank.....unless you were suddenly becoming a crackpot on me

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

suddenly. ha!

By cyst on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 07:43 pm:

for me to warn someone not to hold a news conference would definitely not impinge on their right to free speech. however, I think it's different when the judicial branch of the government "warns" someone not to speak out.

and I used the word "impinge," not "abridge." to "impinge" means to "encroach upon."

I think when the government tells someone not to speak out about a political/social issue (I'm not talking insider trading or yelling fire here), that encroaches upon the right to free speech.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 07:52 pm:

since gray davis was mentioned on this thread too.

"As Lt. Governor and member of the regents, I fought vigorously against the repeal of affirmative action by the University of California. I believe the university should reach out to all deserving students regardless of their race or ethnicity."
    -gray davis

huh?

By patrick on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

HA!

the guy is an ass.

I think he's been a complete pussy about this whole power issue.

By Platypus on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 08:44 pm:

I've been saying that Gray Davis is an ass for years.

Pilate, tell us more about gettin' hitched.

By Pilate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

I'm getting married on Halloween night. No big ceremony or anything. One of us will be wearing all black and the other will be wearing all white (probably some sort of Halloween costume, what else?) and Brendan will be our best man. We'll have a brief low-key ceremony and then go off on vacation together. I'm looking forward to it.

By Pug on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 09:53 am:

I understand the whole issue is work benefits et. al----it's just always been a mystery to me why people need to crawl to the government or some other institution to legitimize their relationship, regardless of its nature...
    But Pilate and I have had go-arounds about this in person....
    What was this post originally about..?
    Booze or a gun? Booze or a gun? Booze or a gun?

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 10:20 am:

many employers here in california have "domestic partner" benefits. marriage and/or mixed genitalia not required.

i would assume this isn't so prevelent in the south. the rest of the country?

san francisco has a domestic partner requirement for any business that does business in SF. this extended to any airline that wanted to land at SFO.

that created a hubbub. i think sf won, too.

By patrick on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 11:46 am:

i don't think i've flown United and not had a gay steward service me...

with drinks and party mix.

San Fran being a hub for United.

Coca Cola in Atlanta now offeres domestic partner benefits. So does Boeing, Delphi Auto, Times-Picayune, First Union, many Universities, city and state gov'ts as well. The San Fran law has stood up, but is constantly underfire from lawsuits.

this is the current battle in San Fran

By Czarina on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

I think New Orleans is pretty liberal.But in the area I live/work,this is not the case.At one of the hospitals I work at,they will not allow married couples to work the same unit,the same shift.

Well,there is this lesbian couple,one is a nurse,the other is a respitory tech,and the nurse works ICU,and obviously,that is an area that frequently requires resp skills.So the hospital said that they could not work the same shifts.I guess that this could be viewed as the beginning of acceptance,here.

But as of now,there are no shared benefits that I am aware of.

By J on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

In the Tom Green case,I have a problem with the fact that one of his wives was 13 when he took her to bed,most were teenagers when he married them.Over the years,he has been married to two sisters at the same time,at one point his wives included two sisters and their two daughters from previous relationships.His current harem includes two half-sisters,one of whom is the daughter of a former wife,two sisters and another woman.I'm sorry just another sick fucking mormon perve and I bet taxpayers are paying for his current brood of 25 kids,I don't think any of this is right and as in Arizona the authorities just turn a blind eye,I hope he gets convicted and they go after all the others.Congrats Pilate:)

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

J, I got your card! I kiss your feet! Thank you!

By Pilate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

Thanks, J.

And I do agree that the Utah case isn't just about polygamy. It's much weirder than that.

I don't have any major hangup about the whole marriage thing, except for the fact that if straight people can legally get married then gay (or polygamous) couples should be able to as well. Either the state recognizes ALL marriage or it recognizes none. None of this halfassed stuff where one type of marriage is okay but all others aren't.

I also believe job-related benefits should extend to whatever partner you have, whether legally married or not. But good luck in THIS state finding a company that would comply.

I don't really need the state to legitimize my marriage. I kinda wish it WOULD though, since that's a basic courtesy it extends to straight couples. And I'm a father now. Imagine if you had a kid and the state dictated that you couldn't marry your child's other parent. What kind of bullshit is that?

By Czarina on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:59 pm:

Why,I believe that would be called "The American Way".

By J on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

Oh good Rhiannon I was getting paranoid:)It's all good.

By Platypus on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

Cool beans, Pilate. You'll have to send me a postcard from wherever it is you go to.

The whole marriage thing is just lame. I think it's stupid to say "John and Jane can get married and get all these benefits and stuff, but Jane and Jill are screwed." Let alone John, Jane, Jill, and Joe...

I had a really fruity steward the last time I flew Southwest. We talked about Hepatitis B shots on the last leg.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

J, the funny thing is that the post office delivered the letter in a plastic bag with a note apologizing for damaging the envelope....and it was only damaged just in the little corner where the pills were. Like that was a coincidence.

Luckily, the only bit of damage was that one was broken in half. They're still perfectly usable. Yay!

By J on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 04:30 pm:

I was trying to figure how to send them without them getting crushed,they are so small,I'm so glad they were more or less intact.And speak of the devil Tom Green and his family are on Sally Jesse,and he has 29 kids and 1 on the way.Gag.

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

uh. what?

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 03:18 am:

Pills by mail? What a novel new concept. Can I order your spring and summer catalog?

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 09:26 am:

Idiots.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 10:47 am:

idiots?

why does she do that?

damn she's mean today.

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 11:01 am:

I'm not mean. We've already had this discussion...they enjoy being irritating.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

yeah, whatever spider. J mailed you pills. wtf are we supposed to think?

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:31 pm:

Give me a break, it was 2 Xanax. What's it to you?

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:51 pm:

why so aggressive?

you just seemed so ... pristine ... when you got here.

i'm the last person who's going to judge anyone for taking some illegal pills.

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

Nate, sometimes the state of being fucked up looks like virtue. I'd like to think that I would still be virtuous even if I weren't fucked up, but I'm not sure if that's true. I can't tell from my perspective, anyway.

I keep such a clenched fist around myself, and I'd like to be able to loosen my hold but I can't.

Right now my ears are burning because I'm thinking that maybe I laughed a little suggestively when a coworker said something funny. My stomach's in a knot because I think I may have talked too much about myself when I went to lunch with the guy down the hall.

When I was whistled at by the construction workers across from my building last week, I felt pretty good about it, actually. I was perfectly fine when I got scolded for being late to work so often and when someone on the Beltway yelled at me for cutting them off this morning. But if I brush against someone's hand accidently, or if I don't act as friendly to someone as I think I should have, or if even think about running my fingers over the top of someone's forearm, it takes me hours to get over it. That's why I seem pristine: because I can't do anything that would make me feel worse than I already feel.

Why am I so easily upset? I don't know! There's no rational explanation. There's nothing I can tell myself to make it go away, either, though it doesn't stop me from trying. But nothing works, and no one understands what it's like, and it makes me angry.

And in two minutes I'm going to hate myself for posting this, but I'm worked up now, so away this goes. None of you know me anyway, so it's not like it matters.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

we do know you. not the specifics, but we know you well enough to notice when your aggressive or otherwise.

im guessing you'd prefer to let the subject go...and thats a shame because a lot of that just SEEMS based on irrationality, we are your friends, dig you and care about you. It genuinely upsets me to see that some of the smallest joys of human interaction, get to you so.

But im also a diehard problem solver...i see a leak, PLUG IT, a broken rung, FIX IT.

so i'll restrain my desire to help and take a seat in the back.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

i'm sorry spider.

i've always taken you to be secure in your choices, and not operating out of some irrational place in your psyche.

you're right, no one here really knows you. but a lot of people really dig you.

whatever i say, however i say it, i do not judge you.

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

I'm sorry, too, Nate. I feel like I've disappointed you. I'm not *totally* irrational, just so you know, just whenever I and sexuality are involved. Which is not to say that I don't have rational arguments for my position, only I'm not so sure how strongly I'd adhere to that position if I didn't have that non-rational element insisting I stick with it. You know?

I think you guys probably know me better than a lot of other people. I would never have said what I just said to someone whose face I could see. I don't like people to know certain things about me, but sometimes you just need to get things out, you know? Talk to other people who also (I assume) feel the same freedom of self-disclosure here. I don't want to talk about what happened in any detail only because the two places I post from - work and home - have other people around, and I don't want to get upset around them. And also I think some of you would roll your eyes or laugh, and even if I'm not there to see that, I really don't want that to happen.

I hope you don't think I was or am fishing for compliments or attention. I mean, no, I'm not. I'm serious about all this. But it really means a lot to me that you guys take an interest. I wrote my mother an email about some of the things that have happened recently, and her reply didn't address one thing I had said. I really don't want to be one of those people who takes and takes and never gives. I hope that's not how I come across.

I've actually had a really good day today. I've gotten along with everyone very well. A co-worker I thought disliked me asked me out to lunch, another one wants to take me out next week to see his new house, and another is meeting me in DC on Sunday so we can take her little girl to the Smithsonian. So I'm not a mess or anything; people like me.

Once I get over this hump I'll be fine and you won't have to listen to me complain about being crazy for at least another 6 months. I promise.

Patrick, I like you. Tell your wife I say she's lucky.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 05:38 pm:

"I hope you don't think I was or am fishing for compliments or attention."

NO WAY!!!!! Why would we think that? Thats poop.

Wanting attention is not a bad thing, but im 110% no one thought that, just you.

If it would help, i'd be happy to pull my pants down and reveal an insecurity of mine...if I havent already done so.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 05:57 pm:

i'm not disappointed. no, far from it.

i get disappointed when people betray my trust. aside from that, everyone has reasons for whatever it is they do or do not do.

doo be do.

but that's not the point.

and i don't think you're totally irrational.

all things considered, i'm not totally suprised about your attitudes about sexuality.

i think (and i'm not sure how well i've succeeded,) but i think that i have made a conscious effort to seperate my attitudes towards catholicism from conversations with you. especially after a certain point, some time ago. meaning that i do not intend to be critical of catholicism in a way that is personal to you.

frankly, i think your religion has played a big part in what you're talking about.

and that's the last you'll hear about it from me.

it is not my intention to be critical of you. i have a lot of respect for you and your choices.

i am concerned. i don't feel my advice could be applicable to you. our moral frameworks are a world apart.

but, this is what i did: i dissected my morality into its most basic parts by directly addressing those things that existed in grey areas. grey in that i wasn't sure why i believed in them. like you said, rationalizable but maybe only rationalizable because of the irrational bit kicking me in the brain.

so i went and did things. i manipulated people, drank and drugged, stole, lied, cheated, fucked... anything that i couldn't figure out exactly why i believed one way or the other.

i gained concrete reason from that which harmed me as to why i should maintain certain aspects of my morality.

which basically distilled down to dishonesty and the harm of others. all my morals grow out of those two litmus tests.

which, i suppose, would constitute in some way your Man's golden rule.

but, like i said, i don't think you could even approach this.

i benefit from a fundemental belief that in no way is there record of my sins. as in, my actions are my own, as is my past.

whereas you, i believe, feel that there is or will be some review of everything you do.

anyway, i babbled. this is the important part:

"it is not my intention to be critical of you. i have a lot of respect for you and your choices."

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 05:59 pm:

and i agree with patrick, about the fishing.

please tell him to keep his pants on, though.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 11:53 am:

Patrick can do whatever he'd like with his pants, as long as he keeps the pictures to himself.

What if there *were* a record of all the things you've done, but you knew you would be forgiven if you asked? What would it take for you to really *know* this and truly believe it and learn to forgive yourself because of it?

I don't know the answer. It's hard.

Now that I'm in my right head again, I can see that I was being scrupulous. Scrupulosity is like depression in that when you're in it, you can't remember what it was like to be normal and you can't imagine ever getting better. And now I can remember that the last time this happened was in October, when I was in a similar situation. What do they say: an abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal? Too bad I had to record my reaction online for all to see. Thank you for your patience with me.

Nate, when you look back, do you believe that you needed to go through what you did in order to reach those conclusions?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact