Quiet.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Quiet.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 04:41 am:

So, I've been thinking. And comparing people. And thinking some more.

I'm a pretty private person. Yet I post here.

I find it hard to be me in front of people I don't know well. I don't open up much. I don't know if its healthy or not. I think I can post here because honestly theres not much of a chance of any of you turning up in my little city.

Sometimes I wish I could be you.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 10:12 am:

I'm a relatively private person and yet I keep an online journal that gets read by at *least* fifty people a day, and I post here...so maybe my statement about being private just isn't?

I think we're all exhibitionists in our own way. Not nesc with pictures...but with words...

Grrr. I know I am anyway. I do my online journaling, and I guess maybe a part of me really digs the fact that there's people reading it, people interested in my life. Then there's the other part that just does it because well, I'm a geek and I like that sort of stuff.

I think it's healthy, if you aren't someone who opens up easily, to find a means of expression..and this works...

bleh.

I need to shower and go to work.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 11:52 am:

i say things here i would never say in person, or at least not without serious reservation. i say things here that up until now, never even made it to paper. If anything, some of my recent threads prove that what goes on in my mind is hardly interesting to the rest of the world. I'll take that fact and pocket it all the same.

annonymity makes it easier to open the pipeline to your mind....and all the talk about meeting one another is like flirting with danger. Its the same kind of thrill i think...to think about anyway.

By Pilate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

I definitely unload stuff here that I wouldn't say to anyone in the so-called real world. I think it's interesting to have my kid posting here. It's shown me a glimpse of his psyche that I'm not sure I could've obtained by any other means. Oswald and I post together here. But we both have private spaces where we post too and I think it's important to have a private niche in cyberspace. This board is especially cool because people do tend to open up quite a bit. I've even seen different facets of Pug and Crimson coming out here (and I've known them for years). There's something about the written word that's important. The casual and haphazard written word (the words that aren't edited into something sanitary and harmless) can be pretty revealing. I like the way that things can be a bit raw here. And the anonymity, such as it is, is wonderful.

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

I am still much more reserved here,than I am in real life.I think thats perhaps because I stopped caring what people thought of me,a long time ago.So I don't mind shocking them.But its different for me here.

Here,I care what you think.I'm sincerely interested in what goes on in your lives.Sometimes I worry,and I share your fears[those of you who have made moves to different cities,and I can read your fear,hidden between the lines of your posts].

And,of course,theres that ever present battle we all indulge in......love,or perhaps better said,our feeble attempts at love.

But its nice to know that we have this safe place.A place where we are accepted unquestionably by our peers.A place where we are loved,simply for who we are.Not for something we pretend to be,or for something someone else wants us to be.But just loved because we are "us".

Well,enough of this snivelling drivel.

Fuck you all,you asses :}

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 05:52 pm:

I don't feel we are unquestionably accepted in Sorabji Nation. In fact, the very opposite is true. Almost everyone here is judgmental, opinionated, bitchy and contrary. That's why I like you so much.

I know I am much more accentuated here, both good and bad sides displayed with more abandon. But I am dishonest with you about some things that matter, partly because I have other people's secrets to keep and also because I couldn't stand for you to tear apart what's precious to me.

Someone posted the other day that we were just "typing", but it's more than that. This is very real. Discount it as fantasy at your own risk.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

i have a strong desire to be torn apart.

i also want to know who moonit wishes she could be. "Sometimes I wish I could be you."

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:41 pm:

If you want to be torn apart, I would be happy to insist. However, I must insist on a valid credit card first. Business before mutilation, you know.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:42 pm:

"i have a strong desire to be torn apart"

ok, um nate, this goes back to those mpegs you posted.

im pretty sure moonit was talking about masterbots....seeing as how they control this outpost now.

By Spider on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

I'm not contrary.

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 07:56 pm:

I like Spider.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 08:28 pm:

i like spider, too. i have a feeling she don't like me very much. i'm cool with that, in fact it makes me admire her even more.

spider, gee and droopy will be automatically spared when i take over. it's not too late for the rest of you; righteousness and cash money can earn your redemption. i even offer sliding scale plans on both.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 08:32 pm:

does anyone know where i can get a video clip of rutger hauer with his head sticking through the wall, shouting "that's the spirit!", from blade runner?

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:01 pm:

buy blade runner.

dumbass.

i'm writing this down.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

i want a video CLIP. not the whole fucking movie.

cocksnot.

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:31 pm:

Shut up.

asswipes

By dave. on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:33 pm:

make me.

dickwrinkle.

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:41 pm:

No prob

cuntdrip

By dave. on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 09:59 pm:

not even.

crackjam

By Cat on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 10:36 pm:

Whatever.

Buttworm.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 10:38 pm:

>Hey,
    >I'm in high school and I really dig Phish. But I've got a problem. Can
    >any of you guys help me with this:
    >
    >My dad was a serious Deadhead. He saw the Dead from like 79 to 95, and he
    >says I was conceived on the banks of the Hudson River after some great
    >show... he says he and my mom were inspired by the Scarlet that night to
    >get their groove on, or something. So anyways, when I was a baby and a
    >little kid and stuff, I guess I went to a lot of Dead shows... a lot of the

>time we would snag a good spot, and then when the acid would kick in Mom
    >and Dad would sort of space out and I met the coolest people when I got to
    >go off on my own. So I have nothing against the Dead at all, I loved Dead
    >shows! "There is nothing in the world like a Grateful Dead concert", those

>bumper stickers said it right, lol.
    >
    >But I also love Phish. When I was 10 dad wanted to check out this new
    >band, so we went and saw the boys at Red Rocks. Man I dug it so hardcore.

>So now I'm all into Phish and I even went to Big Cypress with some older
    >kids from school who had this car that we slept in. My parents didn't know

>about that one till after I left, lol, but they were cool with it. They
    >know they did the same thing. So here's my problem, I'm totally nuts about

>Trey. I think his playing blows my fucking mind, the way he does all that
    >shit in YEM and Tweezer and First Tube, holy shit Jerry Garcia could never
    >do THAT. But when I'm listening to Phish and my dad's like "cool tunes who

>is this" and I tell him its Vermonts Phinest, he's always like "That Trey
    >is no match for Captain Trips, the fat man could play like anything" and
    >I'm like, well dad, dead shows were cool and all but I don't think Garcia
    >is in the same league
    >as my boy Trey.
    >
    >That's when the problems start. If my dad's had a lot of acid that night,
    >like if its a weekend or he doesnt have to go to work too early the next
    >morning, he gets all crazy and he'll do anything to prove Jerry's better.
    >He takes my phish tapes and throws them out the 2nd story window(!!) and
    >then locks me in my room and starts blasting the Dead so I can't get out
    >and I have to listen! If it's 77-79 I can dig it, but sometimes he puts on

>this experimental stuff from the 60s, or these shows from the 90s with
    >cheesy songs and effects and all this space... those are the times I just
    >want to kill myself. I scream and shit but he just yells that i need to
    >learn that jerry is the best and turns up the music even louder. i'm
    >talking fucking loud here, like the volume if you were at a show except in
    >your house. then
    >if he's really tripping hardcore he'll come back into my room in the middle

>of the night and whisper shit in my ear about how the dead rule and i
    >should stop listening to treehugger pigfuckers (that's what he calls phish,

>and really all people from vermont). he thinks i'm sleeping but one time i

>started crying when he said that trey should die and make room for jerry so

>jerry can come back, and that's the time he made me stand up and write on
    >the wall in marker that jerry garcia is the king of music and then he
    >turned off the lights and turned on just the blacklight so all his
    >blacklight posters were making me dizzy and then he said i had to read what

>i wrote a hundred times, until i fell asleep, but i was like dad i'm
    >standing up how can i fall asleep and he said listen you fucking kid when i

>was at dead shows i fell asleep standing up, you just haven't taken enough
    >drugs and then i'm like ok and he gives me more acid and we trip together
    >and once we're both tripping everything is a lot better and then we pretend

>trey is
    >jerry and i'm like see dad jerry is still alive heheheh and usually he's so

>fucked up he believes me and then he's like ok now that's more like it and
    >then i get to go to bed and life is cool. but i'd rather not have to do
    >this 4-5 times a week. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    >peace,
    >heady nuggets

By Cat on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 12:07 am:

Slob. Tidy it up.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 12:52 am:

fuck off.

By Cat on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 01:17 am:

I'm crying now. Beastmaster.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 02:14 am:

you tha man.

By dave. on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 03:31 am:

phish and the dead BOTH SUCK.

fuck.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 11:14 am:

Dave your my hero...

Ok, the truth is sometimes I want to kick you in the nuts, but for some reason I can't get the T1 to reach out and do it for me.

Fuck you, you ass.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 11:35 am:

i heard one bootleg of the Dead once....im trying to remember the name of it.....it wasnt a shitty ass copy off the back of a VW van...but a decent bootleg import. It was pretty damn good, and what set it apart from any other Dead i had heard was that it was all instrumental. They could play the music, but too often the dumbass lyrics fucked it all up.

By moonit on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 03:48 am:

It's happening again. Sometimes I feel like the kid the teacher is making stand in the corner, and everyone else is partying and whooping it up behind my back, and I can't see. And I'm missing out.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I'm having the urge to run away, but I have too many responsibilities, to my job, my family, the boy, the bills.... grr.

I feel so sad and lost and I don't know why.

By dave. on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 04:08 am:

you need a hug. and a bongload.

By dave. on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 04:10 am:

unless you're like me. weed makes me paranoid. i avoid it.

By Cat on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 04:36 am:

You're not missing out on anything Moonit. No party is complete without you.

Run away this weekend to your bedroom and do something totally naughty involving sweet-scented oil and chocolate and scarlet wine and candlelight and stars and no one else but you.

Look at the "You, Me and a .." thread for other ideas. Except don't even think about Czarina's suggestion, because you have to put in a lot of practice before you can hope to attain that level of naughtiness.

By moonit on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 06:20 pm:

Thanks guys.

It's still there but not as bad today. Weird.

mmmm recreational drugs.

I got 'merican candy this morning, and drew told me I had pretty hair. That kind of makes me feel better in a strange way, but prehaps its just the sugar rush.

By J on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 02:12 pm:

Moonit,you've had some bad times lately,it's kind of normal to feel down sometimes,but that's when you tell yourself," I'm smart,beautiful,fun,and by God people love me" and then realize this is true.

By Hal on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 05:41 pm:

We love you Moonit.

I love you because you sent me some awsome friggin music, and some NZ candy, and a whole load of stuff...

(Which I might add, as soon as I get my computer I'm going to compile a list of songs, burn a CD get a whole skew of Montaninana stuff and ship it out. Sorry for the delay but the move kinda put things to a screeching halt in my life.)

By moonit on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 04:27 am:

Well, now, that little message will stop me from rushing to the mailbox every day with much exitement wondering if today will be the day....
    heh

no, thats cool. I can wait.

Later on in the year I may have to make KiwiMix2 and you'll be on the list to get one Hal. Apparently Shihad have been roaming your country, so if they come near you promise to go see them for me and wave at that spunky John (lead singer).

By TBone on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

I'd like to be on that list as well.

By pez on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

wait, moonit, have you gotten the package yet?

sorabji has very much affected my life. perhaps not in a positive way, but it's affected it.

By semillama on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 04:43 pm:

What do you mean by that?

By pez on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

probably wouldn't have:

started a zine.
    started reading independent publications.
    left home in the middle of the night.
    gotten myself addicted to smints.

amoung other things.

By semillama on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

And none of those are positive?

By Antigone on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

Ah, the smints website finally worked for me. I ordered 24 dispensors of mint, lemon, and wild berry...

Tee hee!

By Cat on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

So you're going to be sminten?

By Antigone on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

In 15 days after paying 90.3 Euro, yes...

By Cat on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

So you have to pay to be sminten?

By pez on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

there's wild berry?

i just discovered peach the other day. yum.

By Antigone on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:15 pm:

These days.....yep!

By Platypus on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 07:57 pm:

Yay. I'm so glad that I've started smint addictions. I still order the standard lemon--but tell me how the wildberry is, I might have to try some.

By moonit on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:51 pm:

we dont get wildberry here, only peach, lemon, blue mint and green mint, tbone you will be on my list.

Pez I got it all on thursday, but my computer died so I couldnt do the many thanks email, Loved the zine! and loved that weird candy... took the green apple thingys to work, and they went down good. drew got mad cause i ate all the grape ones YUM! and I especially like my new nose!

By pez on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 02:54 am:

aaaaah.

nothing like fruitheads.

By Platypus on Tuesday, July 3, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

ooh ooh fruitheads. I can't find those ANYWHERE here anymore. Moonit, you're getting regular postal loving here, aren't you...

By wisper on Tuesday, July 3, 2001 - 05:42 pm:

what the hell is a smint?

By Platypus on Tuesday, July 3, 2001 - 11:38 pm:

Were you not included in The Great Sminting? This will have to be remedied.

Send me your address...

By moonit on Wednesday, July 4, 2001 - 01:08 am:

yes, great postal loving!

all my emails to you keep bouncing back dammit, so buggerit, i'm just going to go wild, and post you whatever comes to hand....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact