WHY IS IT SO QUIET LATELY?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: WHY IS IT SO QUIET LATELY?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By LonelySpunky on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:06 am:

Where is everyone?

By Spider on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:30 am:

I don't know, but today I'm very busy. Except for right now. Well, no, actually, right now I'm busy too, but I'm just not doing my work. I'll be back later.

By dave. on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 09:57 am:

sorry, buddy. i'm going to the ocean to fly kites with cleo.

By Jellospunk on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:08 am:

I would much rather fly kites at the ocean with cleo then be here at work

By semillama on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:12 am:

getting ready for a meeting with a big client, also reviewing video logs from a prev. project I am working up.

You want some action, stir up the pot.

By Spunky on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 10:58 am:

I have not found anything to stir up yet, but I am waiting

By spider on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 11:16 am:

databases crashed. nothing to do but wait.

By Spunky on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 11:21 am:

man that sucks.

By spider on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 11:40 am:

yeah, you're not kidding. they just told me that they're working on restoring the data logged from last night. all the work I did this morning will be lost. AND the things won't be back up for another hour, at least. i'm already a day behind on my schedule. this really isn't funny.

By Spunky admin on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 11:54 am:

overtime, baby

By Nate on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

salaried, baby.

i'm having DB problems, too. GODDAMN FUCKCUNT HELL SQL SERVER 2000 COCK HOLE MONKEYASSBITCHFUCKER.

By A1C Spunky on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 01:33 pm:

same here....
    But at least for me I cannot stay past curfew, serioulsy, my pass says 1630. woo hoo

By patrick on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

actually i too am having database problems. fuckign CATS pajamas

By Spider on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 02:17 pm:

Fucking LNXBETDATA02. I hate you - I mean it.

By Cat on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 05:38 pm:

My database is chugging along nicely.

Spider, you swore. Just in case you didn't notice. You don't normally, or at least that's what I thought because I always read your posts and think how lovely you must be and how I wish I could be more angelic and less like I am. I really have such a potty mind, it's a curse.

Not that you're not lovely just because you swore. But..bah...I can't tie any of my thoughts down today.

By semillama on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 05:54 pm:

Spider is not as pure as everyone thinks. She has a razor wit.

And I think fucking is a technical term when it comes to computers.

By wisper on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

my database is in top form.
    the server however, is shot to hell.

wonder what it all means? why today?

By Platypus on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 12:32 am:

Spider does that every now and then. Just like my 11th grade math teacher--everything would be hum-de-dum and suddenly *WHAMMO* something totally bizzare would shoot out of his mouth and we'd all sit there with gaping mouths.

By Moonit on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 05:21 am:

i cant surf here from my new job that i started this week. i got a computer on tuesday. i cant access email. firewall is not in place, and we're not allowed to risk surfing without it. i even signed an it agreement that i wouldnt excessively surf or over-email people.

pfft. lets see how long that lasts.

and the it guy is mean. i want my old it guy from my old job. the one who swaps games with me, and trusted me to fix my puter if something went wrong. unlike the new guy who obviously thinks that girls are useless technology wise. fuckhead.

By Spunky it on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:38 am:

Fucking is in all the technical journals and course material
    IE:

1. If the system freezes, fucking reboot it.
    2. If you loose connection to the network, fucking reboot it.
    3. If you keep getting strange error messages, fucking reboot it.
    4. If it seems to be running terribly slow, fucking reboot it.
    And so on and so forth

By Spider on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:41 am:

Gee once scolded me for swearing, too. I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, I never say that word out loud. Except when I'm driving. Alone.

Cat, I love you just the way you are. Don't change.

My database is working again. Yay!

By Cat on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 05:24 pm:

Oh no I wasn't scolding. I was noticing.

That's the good thing about being good, when you're bad, people really take notice.

I don't think I say "fuck" anywhere near as much as I type it. But I do adore saying it because it sounds so naughty, and I'm all about naughty.

By wisper on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 05:38 pm:

i swear so much in a day, i'd feel downright nasty typing it out.
    Ever write down a conversation you've had, either while you're having it or shortly after?
    i was shocked.

fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

I'm usually very polite and watch my language carefully at work, especially since there are patients all over the place, but once in a while people piss me off so much, I let one loose and surprise everybody, including myself. When I'm out with friends though, we put sailors to shame. Anybody see the new Southpark last night? I found it pretty stupid and dull, but it was about this exact topic, curse words.

By Nate on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 06:55 pm:

we all curse up a storm here at work. except me, of course. i'm an angel.

By patrick on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

my boss gives me new ideas for words.

of course an editor sits next to me and we do publish erotic anthologies....so i hear all kinds of nasty, dirty words.

By semillama on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 07:59 pm:

Like many in my field, I curse like a pirate. I can control it though, but when I am at a site, forget it!

I came up with a new term for menstruation today, for no reason:

"The White Mice are spelunking in the Red River Valley."

By dave. on Thursday, June 21, 2001 - 08:08 pm:

i don't understand the white mice part. tampon? string = tail.

sometimes it's best to stick with tried and true euphemisms.

By patrick on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 11:14 am:

like?

By droopy on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 11:29 am:

the "white mouse" reference made me think of a scene from "the young ones": rik mayall(?) is at a party and starts fishing around in a girl's purse. in front of a crowd of people. he pulls out a tampon and doesn't know what it is. he calls it a little toy mouse and starts playing with it. when he drops it in his drink he says, "ooh, it got all big."

By semillama on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 11:35 am:

See, you understood.

Why stick with other people's euphemisms when it's more fun to make up your own, you oil slick on the toilet seat?

Or do you prefer "dick?"

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE WAS MEANT IN A LIGHT HEARTED TONE, SO BRUSH DOWN YOUR HACKLES.

By Nate on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 11:53 am:

damn, sem. don't be such a pussy. disclaiming your posts.

christ alimighty.

By semillama on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

I just don't feel like doing soem dumb ass back-and-forth right now.

You semen-encrusted newel post.

By Nate on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

i think that newel posts in my charge are much more likely to be shit-stained than semen-encrusted.

unless, of course, you are talking about magikal ejaculating newel posts.

By semillama on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

Is there any other kind?

you big lug, you.

By I aint tellin on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

i feel like barfing on cum. shit

By I aint tellin on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

oooops wrong thread

By Cat on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

It's never the wrong thread for barfing on cum.shit

By J on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

It always ends up about bodily fluids coming out of the bodies,barf,cum,shit. Why this be?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact