Dying in time

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Dying in time
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By SE on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

Does anyone else think about dying in time?
    I read Mishima, the japanese writer. He says it is difficult to have a good death after thirty.
    I agree. I know I'll die. I am ok with it. I have outlived many many friends, even at a youthful 40.
    No one wants a slow lingering death.

Smell you later, get a job.

By Nelly on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 08:32 pm:

Mishima was a very strange man. I'm not sure he had a good death, either. Good to him, maybe...

I think about, if I have the luck, knowing when I have to do something, and having the courage to do it while there's still time. But I don't know. Maybe the courage is the first thing to go.

By Platypus on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 11:54 pm:

Well, if disembowling yourself on a military base with two (or was it one?) followers counts as a not good death, I would say Mishima did not have a good death.

By Nate on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 01:09 am:

i have five beers left.

By Antigone on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 01:28 am:

I want a slow, lingering death. It should last, oh, about 38,000 years.

By pez on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 04:23 am:

i want to die quickly, in a way that won't be seen again within a century.

i want to die laughing.

By sarah on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 09:07 pm:

the only reason i'd like to know when i'm going to die is so that i can spend the six months or so prior to that eating a lot of chocolate and peanut butter.

i don't really care how i'm going to die, but i'd really prefer not to burn to death.

By Antigone on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 01:50 am:

Why just six months?

Six months...six years...sixty years. Same thing. For the entirety of that time Enya's latest album will still be a shit encrusted collection of recycled chords, motifs, and hackneyed rhythms...an attempt either to recapture past inspiration or to pinch another loaf of a CD from an album contract that has outlasted the patience of the contractee.

By Joe on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 02:09 am:

is anyone afraid that when their life gets to where they want it to be,...they might die? i am.

By Alex on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 02:45 am:

yes me too, and i dont want to drown.

By Joe on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 02:48 am:

it has taken so long for me to get to a place that's right and comfortable. i'm finally doing what i love for a career and i'm with a wonderful woman. i just don't want to lose it.

By Antigone on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 02:56 am:

It's OK, Joe. You don't really exist. You have nothing to worry about.

By Nate on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

energy in phase can give the impression of matter.

but it ain't.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact