i met agatha and dave

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: i met agatha and dave
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 11:24 am:

and they were just as nice and cool as you think they are.
    haha on you for not meeting them.
    i wish i had more time to spend; next time they have to come see me, though, because the place where i was vacationing kicks total ass.
    olympia scared me a little. people cut each other off a lot in traffic, and seem pretty oblivious to it. there's a pretty dramatic learning curve for that kind of thing in new mexico, since you're likely to end up with your car forced off the road and the smell of gun oil clogging up your nostrils as you blink to communicate that you understand you should never, ever, ever cut people off and then add insult to injury by slowing down.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 11:54 am:

Wow, just makes me feel glad I live in montana, and drive the highways here and not somewhere else.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

WTF, Margret?! You told us more about the driving hazards than about Agatha and Dave! Cyst has told us about Agatha, so what's Dave like? Is he like a big bear? Did you see Cleo?

By Margret on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 02:42 pm:

I did not see Cleo; she was able to go to someone's house for a sleepover.
    I think Dave and I are equally anti-social and equally mild-appearing; I will not say more than that.
    I liked them very much and I was especially delighted that agatha was less the bad-artsy and more fun. though, she only likes one kind of beer and it has an italian name, and that's strange.
    i wish i had had more time; we needed to haul ass back to where we had been deposited for the wedding festivities and thus cut our time in that fair capitol city short.
    i hope to see them again.
    cyst writes more about everything than i do.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

Margret,

I envy you living in New Mexico.

My mother was raised there, Fort Sumner.

I've only been there twice and loved it.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 06:56 pm:

one kind of beer with an italian name? miller?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 07:05 pm:

Peroni?

By Margret on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

It had two names, contessa di wussi or something. I don't know, she had to have Dave remind her of the name. Maybe one of the words was Peroni, but maybe I'm just having an antmusic flashback.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 07:34 pm:

i've heard of wussy beer before. but hey, at least she's drinking.

last time i was home i caught my dad drinking miller high life out of a can. reminded me of the 30 cent quarts (?) of expired miller high life we got for awhile in college.

drank a lot of expired beer in college. hm.

not italian beer though.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

Peroni is an ok italian beer.

i was dealt black jack by a Roman in Vegas. Maurizio.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 11:07 pm:

there was a bunch of sexy polish women working reno when i was there the other weekend.

damn. polish women are sexy.

By dave. on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 12:19 am:

moretti di rossa.

margret. thanks for preserving my dwindling mystique. say hi to cameron. he reminded me of me if i were dragged along to meet some of kelsey's internet friends. tell him, good show and sorry about the hippy tweaker and the dead dog. i felt guilty about talking more to your nice friends than you. well, not that guilty. whatever. i'd love to come and visit new mexico. maybe next year. don't fret about showing us a good time, i just like soaking up the energy of new places. sit me down with a 6pack and a good view and i'm satisfied.

oh, for anyone who had any doubt: margret WILL kick your ass.

By moonit on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 12:43 am:

I never doubted it.

By agatha on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 12:43 am:

damn, you got to posting before i got around to it. that sucks.

well, what i was going to say was something like:

i met margret, i met margret, nyahnyah!!

margret was totally and exactly how i pictured her to be, as far as personality goes. physically, she was similar but i didn't recognize her because i had her in my head as a blonde. otherwise, i felt like i knew her already in a lot of ways.

we had good dinner. i, too, felt a little remorseful at talking so much to your friends, but they were chatty, what are you gonna do. margret talks just like she writes. she's tall and strong, and she wears funny shoes, and she looks up into the air and squints when she talks like she will find the perfect word up there if she only concentrates for a moment. her husband cameron was nice and quiet and sensitive and smart, and kind of looked like michael stipe as a youth.

what do you mean bad artsy? did you think i might be bad artsy before you met me? do i really come off that way in print? goddamn it! i'm not bad artsy!

i wish you guys had gotten to meet cleo. sorry about the puppy incident. that really sucked.

i really don't like beer. that was the first beer i have drank most of since i was about seventeen.

By dave. on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 12:53 am:

michael stipe? are you fucking kidding?

By J on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 01:16 am:

Red Stripe Mon,yea,yea,yea,yea.

By Margret on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 02:53 am:

i don't think he looks anything like michael stipe, but i appreciate the thought. he looks like a young benjamin franklin with an emphatic nod towards cheekbones.
    the hippie tweaker was a weird scene. i could not feel worse about what he was going through, and yet accosting strangers was not one of the 5 stages of grief i'm familiar with.
    i would have loved to have actually talked to you guys more; i wish i had more vacation saved up because i could easily have done a couple days in olympia. on the other hand, my mission was in part to introduce rafe and naomi to people with whom they might share interests which did not NECESSARILY include talk of vaginal/anal fistulas. all of the people they have met in olympia have been health care professionals, and while naomi is totally comfortable with those people i think rafe sometimes wants to administer doc maartens to their air souls.
    i didn't THINK you were bad artsy, but you know sometimes the bad artsy masquerade as the artistic. those fuckers. so you could have been in stealth mode for a couple of years. i have a mistrust of artists and writers. i make an exception for musicians, provided they never use the word 'compose' to describe what they do when they stick their thumbs up their asses and pull down sound.
    in all too many instances, the perfect word is a naughty one.
    you guys were great; you were my first internet people i met and my completely ruthless screening process is vindicated.
    yeah, the hair colour and length are subject to alteration without much notice.
    yay.

By semillama on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 08:45 am:

"stick their thumbs up their asses and pull down sound. "

That is such an apt description of what most musicians do. Thanks, margret, I'll be using that one for a while.

By Hal on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 11:33 am:

Damnit now I want to meet someone.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 11:36 am:

heh

makes me think....

shit i'll start a thread.

By cyst on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 06:47 pm:

dave is cute and nice. I was surprised. sometimes here he sounds ugly and mean.

I'm going to reno in december.

By dave. on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

damn you.

i AM ugly and mean.

don't listen to her.

By TBone on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 10:35 am:

Yeah, he tried to kick my ass, but I'd have none of it.

By dave. on Sunday, September 9, 2001 - 02:42 am:

i'll kick your ass AND usurp your rabbit diesel
    and you'll sign the title and list the selling
    price as 200 bucks for tax purposes or i'll
    cover you in rabbit fat and stake you out in
    hungry cougar territory.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact