california dreaming

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: california dreaming
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

September 27, 2001
    Israeli intelligence implicated in attacks on United States

DAMASCUS.- Syria’s highest Islamic authority, Ahmad Kataro, the Grand Mufti of Damascus, has stated that the Israeli intelligence service Mossad is implicated in the September 11 attacks which destroyed New York’s Twin Towers and part of the Pentagon building in Washington.

In a sermon he gave in Damascus on Saturday, September 22, Kataro referred to "black Tuesday" for the first time, rejecting any implication that Muslims were involved.

Kataro asked why Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon cancelled his planned visit to Washington two days before the attacks, and stressed that this was "a clear indication that Mossad knew about it."

He also referred to a report in an Oman daily revealing that close to 400 Jewish employees who worked in the destroyed Twin Towers did not turn up for work on the day of the tragedy. (EFE)

By patrick on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

man.....where do you find this unsubstantiated bullshit?

we had a scare here yesterday. 5pm, im leaving heading to the subway. As soon as i get to the platform, they announce for everyone to leave immediately. A few stations away, about 25 passengers complained of dizzyness, nausea and burning eyes on a train. A similar thing happened at a mall in the burbs. They didnt find any chemical, biological or never agents, but they still don't know what it was. There have been gas leaks in the subway before but this was not gas. Its possible its pepper spray, which would be a really sick joke.

I've felt the effects mace. In highschool this dopey stoner in my social studies class, sitting in front of me, decided to squirt his mace, for kicks (????). Well within in seconds, one little squirt had the entire class in tears, gagging, coughing etc. The dumbass didn't get busted, fortunately for him they were doing work to the ceiling that day and a few ceiling panels were removed. They suspected something came from up there to irritate everyone.

By Nate on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:20 pm:

what was unsubstantiated there? nothing. dumbass.

mr. they shot down the airliner.

By patrick on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

"Kataro asked why Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon cancelled his planned visit to Washington two days before the attacks, and stressed that this was 'a clear indication that Mossad knew about it.'"

This is not evidence that they KNEW anything.

"has stated that the Israeli intelligence service Mossad is implicated in the September 11 attacks which destroyed New York’s Twin Towers and part of the Pentagon building in Washington"

unsubstantiated. Implicated? Implicated where?

"400 Jewish employees who worked in the destroyed Twin Towers did not turn up for work on the day of the tragedy."

unsubstantiated. How many others had not shown up for work by 8:30am?

making a claim the Massoud did it based on Sharon's cancelled visit and that 400 Jewish employees didnt show up for work?

By patrick on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:41 pm:

but im seeing the title of the thread....so dream on.

By Nate on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

i'm not making any claims. i'm just reporting on world opinon.

By Spider on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

Nate, my roommate and I recently got into an Israel vs. Palestine debate, and I was trying to stick up for Palestine (in the interest of fairness), but my only sources for info were some shoddily-remembered shoddy NPR radio spots I heard a year ago.

Do you know of any good links that give an overview of the Palestinian perspective of this conflict?

By Nate on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

you can compare the orignal territories set down in 1947 to those annexed by israel in the past 50 years. (http://www.jajz-ed.org.il/100/maps/index.html)

and then you can go to the UN website and take a look at the resolutions against israel.

amnesty international has information on dirty deeds done by israel.

zmag.org has good articles.

By Gazza Stripper on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

the Oman daily certainly isnt a good source. Assuming you could even read arabic.

By Spider on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

Thanks, Nate.

By droopy on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

i remember that, not long after the wtc/pentagon attack, there was an article in the online tehran times suggesting that we look to israel as the cause. there's an article in today's jerusalem times about the "israeli exploitation" of the attacks. not to mention all the articles on the exploitation of the event by the americans to gain sympathy for our own agenda. i remember there was some kid in egypt who thought we must've done it ourselves, wouldn't put it past us.

i have a cousin up in alaska who thinks this will "all blow over by november." anybody want to move to alaska with me?

By Spider on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

Patrick and Nate, go to http://www.snopes.com.

They say that both the stories of the 400(0) Jews who were absent on 9/11 and the picture of the guy on the tower with one of the planes in the background are false.

I trust snopes.

By Nate on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

snopes just says it is obviously false-- it doesn't provide any evidence either way.

my point in posting the article was because it shows what is being said.

as we use the events of 9/11 to wage war on the arabs, the syrians use them to fuel the war on israel.

By The Watcher on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 05:03 pm:

And there will be enough bloodshed to keep us amused for years.

This really is the Apocalypse.

Maybe, the world should have said West of the Jordan river is Isreal and East is Palistine.

By Hal on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 06:18 pm:

Sure that'll fucking work... Except where do you draw the line on the other side of the world...

Am I going to be a jew or a muslum?

By dave. on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 08:24 pm:

i still can't see why they can't live together and be prosperous. never could; probably never will.

is it about the holy stuff? does israel deny muslims access to the holy stuff? that's so infantile. who cares what a country's border looks like? as long as they play nice and welcome their neighbors and vice versa there should never be any of this shit. seems to me that it would be a source of great happiness to be able to pray in a holy place alongside others and think, with divine . . . satisfaction, that this place is so holy, many other religions also pray here. big religious hard-ons for everyone.

so, what's the problem? (rhetorical, no need to reply.)

By M on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 12:04 am:

Hal, you forgot us stupid Christians...

By Danielssss on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 02:18 am:

Nate, you're correct in stating that they (we) shot the four plane down. Why they (we) didn't get to the other three in the twenty minutes they (we) knew about the change in flight plans...and in directions...is beyond my intelligence sources.

There apparently were many goats missing from work that day too.

By Hal on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 11:49 am:

No but I'm saying if they just made the border the river then one half of the earth would be one and one half would be the other, and they both hate "us stupid christians" anyway. So who would we be?

And not all of us are christians.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

I wasn't talking about splitting the world along the Jordan River.

Just the mandate area.

It would have given Isreal a better defensive position from the start.

Then the Arabs (Palistinians), at the beginning of this mess, could have been given the choise.

1. stay west of the Jordan and become full Isrealy citizens.

2. go east of the Jordan river and create your own Palistine/Jordan.

Since Palistine did not exist, even as a name, prior to World War I. We really have the British and the League of Nations to blame for this mess. Our (US) only part in this was Wilson's insistance on the creation of the League of Nations at the pease conference.

Perhaps he should have stuck to a few of his other points more forsefully than the creation of the League

By Se on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 06:03 pm:

By J on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

That link didn't work for me.

By M on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 12:28 am:

If you copy the whole link from Se it works fine.
    It's worth reading i think - that's me.
    Notice the picture of John Lenin upper left properly placed.
    40 years of the subjugation had to have led to someplace. Here we are. Enjoy your lunch.

By Pamela on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 04:56 pm:

Hey guys I'm back, but I am not about to return and comment on one of these debates. I've had way too much personal tragedy happen since the first week of August to be objective.

We got a cable modem so hopefully I won't find it hard to get back to sorabji (my life has been dreadfully dull and boring without it). I'm home all day so it will give me something to do at least.

Hi J! I've missed you!

Pamela

By J on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:31 am:

Hey hon,post some pictures of that baby!! (I knew you'd come back).I missed you too:)

By Pamela on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:15 pm:

my website is http://www.theplowmans.com but I need to update it. I have tons of pictures of Ethan that I haven't put up yet. But you can see what I have up for now.

By Spider on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:55 pm:

He's adorable. :)

By Pamela on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 01:23 pm:

Those are all really old pictures. I think the newest ones on his page are when he was only 2 months old. So now that he's a year old he looks lot's different, but he is still so cute. I will try to get the pictures up tomorrow. We're having computer problems so I have to reinstall everything and I am planning on doign that tonight. I'll let you guys know when I have the new ones up.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact