Bush-isms

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Bush-isms
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 02:35 pm:

Ive harped on his rhetoric....but this one gave me a good belly laugh....

the headline being:
    Bush says U.S. in 'hot pursuit' of attackers

text:

"Sometimes people will be able to see what we do on the television screens," Bush said. "Other times the American people won't be able to see what we're doing. But make no mistake about it, we're in hot pursuit."

I just could help of think of this guy Roscoe

By Nate on Friday, September 28, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

i like this one: "I'm not gonna fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt"

he said that to... hillary?

By Czarina on Saturday, September 29, 2001 - 12:43 am:

Can't remember verbatim,but it went something like this:

"It is now safe for Americans to fly again.There is nothing to fear.We have now implemented a new policy,to shoot down any suspicious aircraft."

But my favorite was Bush,with his mega-phone,at the WTC,as he held the arm of an elderly construction worker,and speaking about 6 inches from the workers ear,into his mega-phone:

"We hear your pain."

By Nate on Sunday, September 30, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

i liked how when bush was telling us that we should take planes to destinations, he plugged disney world in jeb's state.

By semillama on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 09:34 am:

I think every American should get $10 for every time Bush says "Make No Mistake" and $50 for every time he says "Resolute."

Also, fuck all this media kiss-assing. Hey, he's doing ok at handling this so far. Maybe. Still, he is NO FDR or JFK. Look at how many magazines are going back and quoting those two, because Bush and his writers cannot come up with any thing memorable to say. I remain profoundly disappointed in that.

By crimson on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 09:50 am:

on the history channel, they've been running these little PSAs, these tributes, about the recent terrorist attack. each of these spots features a quote by some great political figure of the past (james madison, FDR, churchill, kennedy), which is immediately followed up w/ a quote from bush. putting these memorable quotations next to bush's simple-minded drivel just hammers home the point that this guy is obviously brain damaged. you get this eloquent quote from churchill & then you have bush saying something that could've dribbled out of the mouth of a pre-schooler. it's amusing at first, but gets kind of scary after a while, when you realize that this guy really is at the helm in a time of international crisis.

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 11:32 am:

do you guys think FDR would have dropped the 2 bombs had he not died?

By Pamela on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

I heard on the news last night that the taliban is telling Afghanis not to worry about being bombed b/c the American's do not have any courage and won't do it.

What is that shit?

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:26 pm:

what do you mean what is that?

its rhetoric. same as the "were in hot pursuit" or "wanted dead or alive" rhetoric fuckhead is saying here.

By Pamela on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:37 pm:

So, do you think we're going to bomb them?

By patrick on Monday, October 1, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

well....to sidestep...I wouldnt look to the words of the taliban to make or break the decision to bomb them.

yes, i think we will bomb them. regardless of those comments or not.

i think the taliban's words are words of fear, fear of loosing grasp on the people they need to fight.

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 09:50 am:

I'd settle for nickel,each time he says "uh".

By J on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 10:38 am:

What is there to bomb?

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 10:57 am:

Good point.

Target their power plants? What power plants?
    road networks? What roads?

Afghanistan is so fucked, what will bombing do that hasn't already been done?

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 11:02 am:

I'm glad I don't live there.I don't think I could get my beard to grow long enough,to keep me out of trouble.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 11:41 am:

no J.....the camps, the training camps and facilities. I don't think anyone is making any mistakes about their lack of infrastructure. The bombs will most likely be precise and massive in pockets of militant activity. What do you think those special forces are doing now? Its obvious they are there painting bullseyes. Pointing the red laser. Then they'll bring in the b-1s and b-52 and drop such massive bombs that no one will survive. I dont think they will bother with the major cities.

Granted this all entire speculation on my part...but will find out within a day or two...(more speculation)

By semillama on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

Of course, that's assuming anyone is left in those terrorist camps we know about (they'll probably fill 'em with women and children).

What Special Forces is doing is finding the targets and scouting the landscape. Lasing targets won't happen until a few seconds/minutes before the bombs hit, then the guy who did the lasing will be hauling his ass away from there as fast as possible. Several of these guys will probably be captured and killed in gruesome ways.

At least that's the gist I got from the Marines. Maybe Markus could come back and correct us, I have the feeling he's up on what's going on.

By Hercules on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 09:01 am:

do a google search for bushisms- and laugh till u cry. - the mans an idiot, my cat has a higher iq- and he's been hit by 3 cars. bush thinks the greeks are called grecians for christ sake. do the search and be as terrified as you should be!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact