sorabjifest photographs

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: sorabjifest photographs
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:29 am:

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:16 am:

you look fuckin mean nate.

no herb to crack a smile in town?

im tellin you, next time, were comin to your house, camping out by the creek, eating a few ounces of mushrooms......see where it gets us.

bunch of non-smilin motherfuckers

with the exception of sem, and random chick with hand on boob everyone, you all look unhappy.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:29 am:

Maybe thats cause they were missing you,Patrick.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:30 am:

yeah thats probably it.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

we're not unhappy. just unfriendly.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 12:06 pm:

thanks, nate. u r kool.

By Flyonthewall on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

[I only noticed this unfriendliness,when they were discussing those who did not attend Sorabjifest]

By pez on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:13 pm:

heather really does look like nicole kidman.

By heather on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

[camping out by the creek will get you thorns in the ass]

this makes me uncomfortable

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

what happened to your hair nate? It disappeared!

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

[only if your dumb enough to set up tent IN the thorns]

im surprised you gave the boy permi to post them.

i suspect you dont take compliments well, so i wont pay you one.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

Fuckin boss...

I swear to god damnit, I'm going to organize the next one and all you mother fuckers are going to be there if you have to be hog tied and dragged there.

Thats an order

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

perhaps its just my mood.....

but along with the hallucinagenics id ensure id do something to make you all feel really uncomfortble, like run around naked or something. make some sort of scene.

i told nate, upon seeing the pics....i could easily see sarah and i taking the gloves off. me turning tables over and her clocking me with a 2lb beer stein.

yeah.

its my mood.

my wife is having a break down. seriously.

my financial outlook couldn't be bleaker.

im on a slow road to alcoholism.

this is usually the happiest time of year for me. the scenary changes, the air changes. the sounds of night change. full moons, halloween and so forth. also my birthday is this time of year as well........

and you know...i dont think ive ever been as sad and depressed as I am now ever in my entire life.

im all into making scenes because it seems i have nothing to loose.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

Happy Halloween, Patrick.

I dont know what else to say.
    But hey, at least you dont have thorns in your ass.

Feel better.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

yeah i'm always leary about saying shit like that.

cause the rest of you never know what to say. i usually dont either. so its ok. i didnt say to dig for sympathies or anything like that.

we may go to a friends little party they have every year, giving our candy to the kids and stuff. its a good neighborhood, lots of kids. but i may just stay in and watch the yankees game.

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:01 pm:

Patrick, I think I'm having a breakdown. We might lose our house. As of Nov. 15th we'll be three months behind on our mortgage. My "friends" keep fucking me over and we've also got a child to take care of. I am looking for a job (trying to go back to work), but in order for me to make enough money after daycare takes it cut, I need to be making at least $15/hour. My husband is only bring in $2000/month. Our mortgage is $1200/month. Our car payment is $300/month. Car insurance $100/month. That leaves us $400/month to pay $15,500 in credit card debt, to buy food, to pay the gas bill, to pay for all that other shit that life demands. We obviously aren't doing so well.

Yesterday I just started bawling. I feel like I'm losing my mind. No jobs yet. All I get are staffing agencies calling me back so now I am going to try to go through them. How the hell am I going to get a job that pays $15/hr? How the hell am I going to get caught up on our mortgage? We're trying to sell some vehicles and get all caught up. It's slow going.

I sincerely hope things get better for you. Give Nico a hug for me too. You guys will get through your hardship and when you do you will be that much more grateful for the things you have (I hope).

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

We used to rig up a ghost on a string from the branch of a tree in front of my house, and we could move it around from a second-story window, so all the kids would come and try to jump up and grab the ghost. But the tree was cut down a few weeks ago, so we cant do that anymore. Damn highway department, I loved that tree. It was a Norway maple.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

Sorry Pamela, I didn't see your post when I wrote mine. I hope everything works out for you, sooner rather than later.

By J on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:11 pm:

My God,$15,500 in credit debt,what were you thinking?

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

Half of that was from the wedding and the other half I really don't know where the hell that came from. It's probably from my husband. He is HORRIBLE with money. I will have to become the money Nazi as soon as we get some.

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

Oh, yeah, most of the other half is fees (like overlimit, finance and late fees) from when we stopped paying on them b/c we had no money to pay them. Most of them doubled.

By J on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

Cut those credit cards up now girlfriend,it's the best way to help yourself.

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

we don't even have them anymore. all of our accounts have been put into collections a long time ago. when i was fired from my job when i was 6 months pregnant, that really fucked us up. we had to use up all of savings and then we didn't have anything once disability was over and we were so screwed.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

$15,500 shit.....thats nothing.

if i told you what we owe due to loans for this business, that most likely wont take off, on top of our credit card debt...you'd shit your shorts.

on the good side, we have a great credit. we always pay our bills and our car will be paid off in Feb.

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

yeah that's just the credit card debt

our total debt is $150,000

give or take a couple thousand

By pamela on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:31 pm:

patrick, if it makes you feel any better, I'd buy your sweaters if I had any money

I could sell them up here in Northern CA if you'd like :0) Give me like 10% commission?

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 05:36 pm:

the reality is this. friends and family placing orders is not the problem. the reality? no one will probably ever see them, as we are having a hard time meeting the minimums the factories require.

we have some orders, but no where near what we need to get the factory to make them.

so its no biggie. the probably wont be produced anyway.

we have a sales rep for the western seaboard and one in the austin area. the problem is, sales people charge you money, up front, for show room space, have high commissions and so forth. they also have perpetual chips on their shoulders. so its a chicken/egg scenario.

I have plenty of experience in sales, but the sales in the apparel industry is pretty unique to where im coming from. So, the usual hardball tricks i would use to get the numbers dont really go in the apparel business.

even if everyone on sorabji placed an order for 5 of everything, we wouldnt make our minimums.

we may push it back to "spring/summer" collection, and try and gather orders for a few extra months, because if we can turn this one season around, we can do the fall/winter season.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

You fucks. MOan about your debt elsewhere please, this is about photos of weirdos. Nate didn't post the photos where he smiles. Or, I mean, Heather smiles. I think there was one. But those were great photos. I'd like to see Sarah's. I didn't take any because I suck. I think the one photo of Sarah, was actually nate taking a picture of some guy's ass.

Feeling any better, Heather?

(apologies to those who took any of the above seriously)

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 06:40 pm:

HEY!!!

i'll moan where i damn well please.

actually i just made one statement. it was pam who went into details.

you so wubbly wubbly cutey patootie semi!!!!

By heather on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 08:11 pm:

if you aren't already incredibly rich, starting your own business takes an iron will [along with the talent and what not]

yea. i had to start taking antibiotics and i feel much better. but i keep falling asleep.

there should be a 'zim' channel

By Dani on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 10:09 pm:

For what it's worth Patrick, I am sorry that your having problems. I sincerly hope things get better for you.

By Nate on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 04:30 am:

sell your house, pamela. if they foreclose on you you're going to lose any equity you might have.

By patrick on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 11:54 am:

yeah heather, we realize it was an uphill battle from the get go.

unfortunately, nico is too sensitive of a woman in this sense. the sense of failure maybe too great for her ever to get up and do it again.

me? i can roll with it. she so firmly believes she has something. integrity, a product that, everyone who has laid their hands on, has loved. this is whats killing her.

im worried i'll have a changed wife after this.

ive learned alot this year, thats for damn sure.

she interviews with Bebe in San Francisco in January. Id like to live in San Fran.

By sarah on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:10 pm:

apparently the lomos didn't come out. i have not seen them, but this is what kevin tells me.

nate, your photos are grate. nate grate plate. they make everyone look handsome.

By Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:14 pm:

Damn I'm so pissed I missed NOLA. Thanks for posting the pics Nate, you stud you! Don't know why I always thought Sem was a woman. Guess I was wronnnnnnng.

By semillama on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

It's the finial "a". it's a common error.

I probably should have taken antibiotics but what the hell.

And there definitely should be a ZIM channel.

By agatha on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 02:22 am:

everyone is cute. boys and girls. i like your earring and short hair look, sem. very cool.

By Dougie on Friday, November 2, 2001 - 02:22 pm:

Yeah, a handsome yet rather glum-looking crowd.

By Czarina on Saturday, November 3, 2001 - 09:02 am:

That was just for effect.There was no glumness.

Thats why they wouldn't let me be in any of the pictures.They said I smiled too much,and would lend a false sense of humor,to a dire strait.

But saw them all smile,that I did.And all with full dentition.It was a sight to behold.

By J on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 10:21 am:

They all looked cute,and Sem God love him,looked pretty damn happy.

By sarah on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

i am not glum. it's true i am prone to frequent and theatrical emotional breakdowns, sometimes due to acute pms, other times not. but otherwise i'm shiny and happy.

By heather on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 09:27 pm:

i was going for more of a 'vacant' than glum look

when i'm thinking i ignore what my face is doing. strangers quite often tell me to smile- it really bugs me.

By Antigone on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 11:10 pm:

Ya know, I used to get that from people. Then I started telling them to eat batshit, and they stopped.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 04:34 am:

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

NAT-I-C-U-S?

Does your penis have a last name?

LS

By semillama on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 07:06 pm:

Wow, some really fantastic shots there, Nate. I especially liked the one of the fountian with Nelson's Column in the background.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 06:10 am:

i think that's my favorite from that day. i don't understand why you'd put a 17 foot tall statue on top of a giant column. the statue looks like it's about a foot tall.

i like trafalgar square. fucking pigeons were insane.

http://naticus.com/images/pigeons.jpg

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 09:13 am:

fall-out

By sarah on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 10:41 am:

ohmygod nate has his own domain!

By patrick on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 11:22 am:

its kinda cool to look at pictures...and say, yeah, ive been right there.

didn't they dedicate or rename the statue or something in Trafalgar Square in reference to Nelson Mandela? Vague recollection.

dammit i need to travel. im itching to wander streets and cobblestone alleys of places ive only seen in movies.

thats what the recollection feels like now, paris and london, a movie ive seen.

By semillama on Saturday, November 10, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

should have come to NOLA.

still, I hope you get a chance to go soon, sounds like you and Nico could use some time away from work issues. I know I could.

By patrick on Monday, November 12, 2001 - 10:55 am:

we could use time away from time. in fact, if we were to get away, that would be the greatest indicator we were indeed "away" and getting what we need.

By Hal on Monday, November 12, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

Getting a camera for christmas...

Going to post a whole bunch of TBone, and App... And will remain a mystery.

By Kalli on Monday, November 12, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

I can't see the pictures. gawdammit.

By TJ on Monday, November 12, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

"we could use time away from time. in fact, if we were to get away, that would be the greatest indicator we were indeed "away" and getting what we need."

you ok? you don't sound so good.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact