Back by popular demand

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Back by popular demand
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 02:34 am:

( . . . if by "by" you mean "after," "popular" you mean "a long," and "demand" you mean "absence.")

I hope that some people here sorta remember me. It seems that a lot of new people have been posting here recently. If you don't know who I am, I was a whiny teenager who apparently had lots of girl trouble.

I had some time on my hands (well, actually I didn't, but it sounds good) and thought I would rejoin the Sorabji gang for more craziness.
    So I am a senior in high school. I applied to and was accepted to the University of South Carolina and Winthrop. However, paying for it will be hard, for I only have $14,000 right now for college.

I had a girlfriend. I was with her for a year, but I had to break up with her because she was crazy. So now I am slowly going back into "scoping" mode. There is this one girl that I think might like me, but upon talking with her for a few moments, I discovered that we have very little on common.
    For example, I enjoy the stories of Flannery O'Connor. She does not. I enjoy reading. She does not. I like indie rock. She probably does not even know what indie rock is. She is an athlete, and plays softball and volleyball. I only play tetherball. But perhaps these differences can be overcome and a friendship at the least can be built.
    I used to work at Food Lion, but now I work at a corporate record store (Music for a Song).
    Currently I have been attending the Quaker meeting here in Horry County. There are only about 10 people in it, so not much gets done, as they are the Unprogrammed kind, where we just sit around until someone says something.

Next summer I am going to Thailand with my uncle. That should be fun.

Yeah, I know that this was quite jumbled. But hey, it's around 2:30 in the morning...so . . . I forgot my point. I am going to bed now.

By semillama on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

You should join a circle of potsmokers
    instead. You won't have to wait for someone to
    say something then.

When in Thailand, stay away from the
    hookers, no matter how often your uncle offers
    to buy you a sweet little boy. They all have
    diseases that make it hard to get with the
    ladies in the states.

I should be playing guitar but i am here
    instead, giving you wiseass advice and
    drinking a Guinness.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 10:46 pm:

I think I'm going to learn guitar.

Yo, Crawford. All women are crazy. Hang around the athlete, she may be fun, ya never know.

By Czarina on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 11:19 pm:

I think I'm going to grow a beard,and become more atheletic.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 11:24 pm:

Ain't one beard enough?

By Czarina on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 11:29 pm:

Heh heh heh,only YOU would remember that tatoo incident :)

By droopy on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 11:54 am:

tatoo incident?

all the cool kids play guitar, antigone.

i'm a flannery o'connor fan, too. a long time ago in a flea market i found an old paperback with the novels "wise blood" and "the violent bear it away" and the short stories collection "a good man is hard to find" all in one volume. she didn't write much more than that because she died young of lupus, i think. spider might find her interesting. she was a catholic. an irish, deep-south catholic.

By Czarina on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Yah,Droop,"tatoo incident",from the long ago "Mark Thomas is" thread.

We really aught to rekindle that thread.Its time,to pay homage to our fearless leader.........

By J on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 05:37 pm:

He'd probably prefer cash.

By Cat on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:49 am:

I think he'd prefer payphone pix too. But sort your by-line out first. Grrrrr.

By Pedagogue on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:11 pm:

Crawford from what i read the bitch got the best of the deal when you kick her out - you are one boring mo fo man.

This flanneling oconnor non entity has none of the wit or humour of flann obrien.

You are obviously only half educated anyway so consider graduating from high school again.

Alternatively get a sports scholarship - you dont need brains to be a jock.

By Crawford on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:30 pm:

I can't graduate "again." To do something "again" implies a prior completion of said act. I have not graduated yet, therefore I cannot do it again.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact