general goddamn chit chat

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: general goddamn chit chat
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 02:07 pm:

i need to ramble, distracts from the pain im in. so here goes...

though nothing is confirmed...repeat, nothing confirmed...everyone seems to think my wife is pregnant.

It started back east.

At my wife's extended family get together it was first hinted. See, her side of the family breeds like mad. He mom has 3 sisters, each with 3,4 kids each, so that brings us to roughly 10 or so cousins, and 4-5 of them have 2-4 kids each. There's a lot of damn breeding going on obviously.

Two of her aunts gave me boxes of chocolates and making light, i said "hey what are you trying to do, fatten me up?" and one of her more interesting cousins leans in smiling and says "no, chocolate is an aphrodisiac".

Hint noted.

The day after we had sex in her childhood bed (there is nothing so gratifying when your father-in-law is making you feel like a schmuck and an outsider the whole trip than schtooping his daughter in the room next door.) she started with the dizzy spells and the funny feeling in her belly. Uh oh i think. Though she has always been prone to dizzy spells being a fairskinned gal and with occasional low blood sugar, she thinks these are different. She's eaten well and has no reason to believe her blood sugar is low.

Then on to my family, and the dizzy spells are on full blast from the night we get there throughout the whole trip. Of course when my mom and sister get wind of her spells at dinner the cacklin hens get to speculating. My sister was so convinced she joking threatens to get a pregancy test for Nico's stocking. The banter and speculation went on at the Morrison house. "Yep, sounds like preganacy alright" giggling on and on and on.

Last night, hanging with our friends L & C, parents of two....L starts recalling her pregancies and says "yep, sounds like it to me you always think its your period....or the symptoms that lead up to it, then BLAMO, you realize its a bit more complicated than that."

So everyone thinks my wife is pregnant. To be honest i have a hunch too but lets just wait and see what happens.

By Nate on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

may your firstborn be a masculine child.

By Dougie on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

Congrats, Patty. That's great!

By p-money on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 03:02 pm:

not yet

By semillama on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

It's only great if the child is wanted.

And from Patrick's recent posts from the last half of 2001, it sounds like a pregnancy would REALLY throw a Wrench in the GEARS.

That's only my interpretation based on some sentences I have read here though.

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 03:39 pm:

thats fairly accurate, although im more open to raising a child than i ever have been. im comfortable with the risks we take.

yes it could cause some worry and stress, almost entirely in the financial realm but people say thats always the case.

By wisper on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

I'm with sem.
    Hope you're getting one only if you want one, patbaby.

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

well there hasnt been any clear cut "i wanna kid" proclomation made in my mind.

By agatha on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 04:36 pm:

there have, however, been clear cut "i wanna kid" proclamations made right here on strangle bbs, inc.

i seem to recall, anyhow, although i'm too lazy to look for them.

may your firstborn be a girlchild, for the love of god.

By wisper on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 04:58 pm:

i hope you have a little furry Yak child.
    so much easier to care for ;)

By patrick on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 05:17 pm:

danggit where's my post????

anyway...agatha my words have never been so direct ever. trust me. the most ive said (and i model and craft my phrasing oh so accurately) is the idea is growing on me and "im more open to the idea now than I ever have been"

thats my position to the world and to my wife.

Im not sure you would ever hear the statement "i want to have a child" ever ever ever come from my lips.

i hope no offspring of mine is furry.

and there are too many girl yins already in the world. we need more boy yins.

By Chupacabra on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 05:34 pm:

I hope you have a CHUPACABRA!

By Dougie on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 06:01 pm:

Ok, maybe I was too quick on my congratulations, which was summarily stomped all over, but lately, I've come to the realization that family's all that really matters anymore, at least to me. Good luck, Patrick.

By Cat on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 06:39 pm:

I hope it's Australian.

By Dani on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 09:10 pm:

Patty a Daddy. Huh.

By Platypus on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 09:18 pm:

I hope it's French

By patrick on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 11:47 am:

fuck the french.

and there is a reason the Brits chose that place to dump their criminals. Somethings never change.

I see you are still clueless dani.

By Hal on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

Fuck the french, they are pansies who would be beaten by the canadian military if the strugle for their control over canada ever went to war...

And I hope your firstborn is both masculine, and female.

Almost Amazon like.

By sarah on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 03:57 pm:

while i was in hawaii, i held a one month old infant, Malia, the daughter of two married friends, JC - French vietnamese and Dianne - caucasian American.

beautiful little baby. she wasn't wrinkly. her skin was brown, soft, her limbs puffy, delicate. lots of black hair. dark purple eyes.

i wanted very badly to hold her but wasn't very good at it. it felt awkward, more awkward than i anticipated. her limbs didn't appear to be comfortable in any position. she was just a blob sort of leaning against my breast and chest and shoulder. she liked to have her back tapped. if i tilted her back while holding her head and neck, she started to make funny faces and i could see fussiness or maybe even crying in the near future, so i quickly slung her back over my shoulder. she slept.

her ears were so small and ticklish.

it made me want to have babies even more. but i don't know. it almost doesn't seem right.

By Hal on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 03:59 pm:

Sarah, I had a question for you about your job and stuff... Could you email me when you get the chance.

By semillama on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 05:20 pm:

France hasn't had any control over Canada for quite some time.

By patrick on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

i was gonna say hal....what the fuck are you talking about?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

im not a daddy today, nor for the next 22 days or so.

By Dani on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 03:06 pm:

Yup...uh huh...thats me alright...totally clueless.

K Patty. Whatever you say.

Fuckface.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 04:22 pm:

Ahh Fuckit... I don't know I'm stoned

By semillama on Tuesday, January 8, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

Generaly people are aware if they are stoned.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact