Today is my 18th birthday.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Today is my 18th birthday.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 01:56 pm:

And I don't feel any different today. But all birthdays are like that, I think. You don't really feel anything "the day of;" it's always afterwards that everything sinks in. And besides, for me, being 18 isn't really that much of a big deal. It just means that I can be tried as an adult now, and my dad doesn't have to sign the Student Housing Application Contract for college. Whoo wee. Being an adult is so much fun . . .

And I hear it just keeps getting better from here!

By Dr. Kellogg on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

Happy Birthday, Crawford. You made it past your mid-teens, and things DO get better. Of course, you have to make sure they get better, as these things tend toward entropy if neglected. Our friend Robert Frost put it best:

PROVIDE, PROVIDE

The witch that came (the withered hag)
    To wash the steps with pail and rag,
    Was once the beauty Abishag,

The picture pride of Hollywood.
    Too many fall from great and good
    For you to doubt the likelihood.

Die early and avoid the fate.
    Or if predestined to die late,
    Make up your mind to die in state.

Make the whole stock exchange your own!
    If need be occupy a throne,
    Where nobody can call you crone.

Some have relied on what they knew;
    Others on simply being true.
    What worked for them might work for you.

No memory of having starred
    Atones for later disregard,
    Or keeps the end from being hard.

Better to go down dignified
    With boughten friendship at your side
    Than none at all. Provide, provide!

Robert Frost

Happy Birthday!

By sarah on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 10:01 pm:

happy birthday kiddo. the best is yet to come.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

Yeah right.

Taxes.

Mortagages.

Insurance.

Cemetary Plots.

etc. etc.

By moonit on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

Thanks so much Mr Depressing.

By Nate on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 08:22 pm:

waking up naked and hungover between a pair of incredibly sexy chicks, flinging off the cumstained sheets and heading out to your living room for a few hits off the six foot bong.

ahh college.

By heather on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 12:27 am:

i'm so sad i didn't know you in college

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 05:06 am:

i'm so sad I wasn't you in college

By droopy on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 10:34 am:

(pssst, crawford - nate masturbated and drank diet pepsi all through college.)

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

diet coke, fuckface.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

And I was doing research on cannabis consumption by simian subjects and small barnyard goats. That's what college in Indiana will get you.

May you have many more ... you too Nate!

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

you sick fucks. i've heard about you scientists and your dope smoking monkeys. all that ganja and no ho-ho's. fucking cruelity, man.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 12:22 am:

i'M NO SCIENTISTK; that's the Czarina...not me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact