More Debate: This almost makes sense...

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: More Debate: This almost makes sense...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:21 pm:

By semillama on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 07:30 pm:

Those are some damn good points.

Damn good. Especially the one about the
    dead golfer's plane. It's almost TOO easy to
    see some blood on Bush's hands, except for
    the fact that they're covered in OIL.

"Die for oil, sucker."

Still glad you voted Bush, j?

By dave. on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 11:53 pm:

i dunno. i can believe it but i'm choking on a huge grain of salt. i need credible, corroborating reports.

this is way more exciting:

i just installed solaris 9 beta on my sparc20 netra jobby and simply by using dhcp, i have internet access. i never even specified my hostname. i just clicked dhcp during install. no creating etc/defaultrouter. no editing etc/nsswitch.conf. NO HOSTNAME! it freaks me out. in a good way.

i'm posting this from the sparcstation. WHO AM I?

By dave. on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 11:58 pm:

this is a test from the xp workstation. just to compare the ip addy. ignore.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:06 am:

Yeah guys, I've been saying all along that the only possible reason we are in this mess, and perhaps even why Sept 11 happened as it did...was because the US wanted control of an Afgani pipe. Funny how that theory seems to be gaining notice. I'm republican but didn't vote for Bush. Sept 11 was all too carefully crafted...and at the expense of many lives...if the truth ever is known, I hope we are wrong. Can't say that you didn't hear it first on soraabji (spelled wrong to keep the Feds out of Mark's inbox). Thanks for the link.

Y'll come to the Ozarks if it gets bad enough.

By dave. on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:11 am:

oh, nevermind that.

test from the 2k workstation. third verse, same as the first.

By dave. on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:12 am:

THIS ALMOSTS MAKES SENSE!

By Czarina on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:16 am:

Sometimes Dave scares me!Your not at the Spunkstation,are ya?

Theres just somptin about the way those Texans swagger around,ya jest never know what they might be up to..........

By dave. on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 01:35 am:

czarina.

BOO!!!!

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 11:25 am:

im leary of crap on a site called "ihatebush.com" or whatever it is.

yeah it makes for great bongload fodder but thats about it.

but then again Bush & Co. have had serious reigns on this country for more 20 years so who knows.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 11:51 am:

here's the part where they start drugging us, relaxing the war on drugs, doping the nation so they can spin their evil web of destruction and world domination.

By J on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 11:54 am:

I find that hard to swallow,it's almost like the author is saying that Bush was in on the maddness that happened on 9/11/2001.

By Fb on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

patrick, take a deep breath, count to three. time for a reality check.

By eri on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

"The rest of the world knows that Enron, Halliburton, Unocal, and other American energy concerns wished to build pipelines through neighboring Afghanistan to get that oil and gas to market; knows that the Bush administration was negotiating with the Afghan Taliban to build those pipelines, knows Bush threatened war if the Taliban didn't play along."

The rest of the world does not necessarily know this. Where is the proof of this? We may have been negotiating to build sais pipelines, which would be news to me, but who were we negotiating with. It sounds like propaganda bullshit to me. Show me a foundation of truth in this statement.

There's the ominous sense that if God has lifted his veil of protection, it is not because of the sins of its citizens, but rather the crimes of its leaders; which crimes compound daily.

Just our leaders crimes? Not the crimes of terrorists, or other leaders or even our own selves?

I don't like the implications of what this is saying. I don't like that I hear all kinds of talk with no facts to back it up.

The problems with the Taliban go back much farther than some negotiation with President Bush.

He is not the sole reason for the 9/11 attack.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

why? Reagan and the CIA did it before.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

Poppy Bush was the head of the CIA, after all.
    Wasn't that when we first recruited Bin Laden?
    Hmm.

Bush is evil. More money for missles, drilling
    in pristine wilderness, nudge nudge wink
    wink with the energy companies, and all that.

Of course, getting your wang slurped by an
    intern is *much* worse.

By eri on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

Reagan and the CIA did what? I was way too young to understand anything of what was going on at that time.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 01:34 pm:

i wasnt talking to you. i was talking to beav.

however...

the CIA under the Reagan administration introduced crack cocaine in south central los angeles in the early 80s, in conjunction Ollie North's Contra scam....they figured out a way to cook up coke to make it 10 times as addictive, sell it, funnel money, sell arms to terrorist militias in South America . it was a nasty complicated mess that even i dont entirely understand myself. But its widely reported that the CIA introduced crack cocaine in south central and the rest of the country.

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:24 pm:

1st, crack cocaine is nothing more than a safer way of smoking cocaine. (safer as in reference to the combustion issues associated with freebase...ask Richard Prior)
    2nd, freebasing had been around for years. (ask Richard Prior)
    3rd, Regan & Oliver North/CIA/Contra etc... did not invent crack cocaine nor it's movements into the streets. they merely exploited the situation in order to obtain money for a covert operation that they felt was morally correct.

that's the problem with debates around here. conclusions are made in record time with little unbiased FACTUAL information.

my point on the reality check is this.
    when the government attempts to stop drugs, you yell about your rights. if the government steps back from the issue then you will yell that the government wants you addicted for some sinister goal. somehow you become the perscuted with no personal responsibility.

By Fb on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:28 pm:

one more thought. Patrick, how old were you in the early 80's? i was on the streets of LA and witnessed the rapid rise of crack cocaine and meth followed by smokeable heroine.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:39 pm:

im aware of what you say about coke. thats not news to me.

there have been conspiracy theories that the crack method of cooking it up was introduced in South Central in the 80s from CIA funneled coke from central america.

i made a comment about a conspiracy theory on a thread started with a conspriacy theories.

im not talking about rights and im not even saying i believe what ive said. you're taking me way too seriously.

so you know, its cool, no reality checks for anyone as this whole thread is a load of shit.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 03:02 pm:

i have a buddy who also lived in S. Central during the 80s as well, still does as a matter of fact. As the "theory" goes the CIA along with DEA, "protected" the market, allowing the distribution of the drug to run rampant.

By spunky on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

Are you crazy?
    What the hell?
    Powell says use a condom on MTV
    so everyone thinks that there is
    some kind of conspiracy?
    Here is a synopsis of what that crap rag just said:

1. Enron Pres sent letter to Bush while he was Governor of Texas to get him to talk to President of Uzbeckistan for resources, needs to build pipeline through Aghanistan, so must work with Taliban to build it but he needs:
    2. GW Bush to steal the election so he can be President so if the Taliban do not want to play along he can:
    3. Make it appear 2 jetliners crash into the WTC, Pentagon and in a field in PA so he can blame Osama bin laden and the Taliban, so he can punish them for not helping build the pipeline?????

SMOKE ANOTHER ONE, WILL YOU?

By eri on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

Actually, living there, I did notice that some of the harder drugs were a lot more prevalent there, where as some of the milder ones (i.e. pot) were easier to come across outside of southcentral. Never heard the conspiracy theory about it, though. For the record, I was in my early teens during the 80's. Patrick, aren't you close to the same age as me?

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 05:37 pm:

im 83 years old.

Trace why do you think the Gulf War happened?

What do you think went on to prompt us to launch such an attack?

You don't really believe it was because poor old Kuwait was invaded do you?

Speakin of crackpots.....I saw Ralph Nadar on The Daily Show last night.

jesus....that guy was all over the map. It got to the point where i wanted to throw something at him.

I admire his passion but a politician he's not.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

I take it back.

Nobody's going to take me anywhere.

The whole world is an assylum.

Anyone have a purple crayon? I want to write KILL Clusow with my toes. (I know that is misspelled)

By Spunky on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 06:54 pm:

That's the best you can do? Kuwait? Oh my gosh I am so dissapointed. That line is old.

By eri on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

Whoever is smoking another one, can you share? After reading this thread, I really need one. I actually read the threads and my brain is full. That's it, I'm getting a beer.

I am ready for the HAPPY HOME!!!!!!!

By patrick on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:09 pm:

im not sure what you mean by "that line is old".

Im not regurgitating any lines. Just making the point that our reasons for getting involved in foreign affairs arent always what they seem muchless what they say.

By eri on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

"Im not regurgitating any lines. Just making the point that our reasons for getting involved in foreign affairs arent always what they seem muchless what they say."

Patrick, I just have one thing to say to that one.

DUH

I don't know what Bush Sr.'s reasons were for getting involved in Kuwait. I never thought it was because of Saddam taking over. The oil resources make much more sense.

I am just wondering if you are buying this whole cospiracy theory. The information seems suggestive, but weak. It sounds like the polar opposite to Rush Limbaugh. Maybe some points, but then again, maybe someone talking out their ass.

We don't at this point know what the reasons were for this attack, but it doesn't seem likely that it was directly from Bush at this point.

Only time will tell.

Then again, I went around saying that the U.S. government knew about Pearl Harbor in advance and didn't stop it for years, and everyone thought I was a freaking idiot. Until it came out later and then everyone thought they were geniuses for having thought this was possible,when I already told them.

Either way, at this point we don't know reasons, and although I don't believe there was a lone gunman, and I don't think Pearl Harbor wasn't used for public support of joining WWII, and I don't think the Gulf War was because of "Evil Saddam Hussein", I don't know who has what role in what conspiracy with this war. I don't buy this theory at this point. I don't see it.

I am not saying that Bush is perfect, after all, he is a politician. I am not saying that in the end it will have nothing to do with oil supplies, because that is a good possibility, but I don't see Bush being cozy with the Taliban until he "steals" office just so they can kill people. If there is proof of this, someone give it to me, and I will be the first one to fight for human life in any way I can.

By Dale on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

First its sex education and gay marriages, next thing you know them god damn Chinese come marchin in.

By Antigone on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 08:25 pm:

spunky:

"That's the best you can do? Kuwait? Oh my gosh I am so dissapointed. That line is old."

That whitewater line is only slightly younger. Why don't Clinton haters shut the fuck up about it?

That jesus christ line is really old! Why don't christians shut the fuck up about it?

What does age have to do with truth?

By dave. on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 09:35 pm:

whitewater was nothing. NO THING!

here's something -- apparently you can logon to at&t's network (with solaris, at least) without paying for it. all you need is a cable modem. that's the conclusion i have reached.

By Fb on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 11:04 pm:

the one bit of truth in this thread......pot was difficult if not impossible to find in south central.

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 12:40 am:

The other bit of truth in this thread,is that politicians aren't the highest caliber of folks.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 12:58 am:

That's why I live in the woods... it is conceivable that because Bush couldn't get anywhere in the Machinery's plans to ruin the Arctic wilderness for the oil there... that there had to be a crisis *somewhere* to distract the public... that there had to be a disaster to bring the American people together ... that there had to be stimulation of the economy by war ... that there had to be another way to "insure" that the west's supply of oil would be uninterruptable... and when things began to backfire, the only way was to forge ahead blindly.

Just like over figureheads, Bush really has no say in any of this. And no one can argue against the relationships his daddy Bush and others before him have had with good friends now turned enemies... political slime is as slippery as black crude.

Johnson did it with Vietnam. Except Johnson was the scapegoat; it wasn't his idea; it was the Machinery's Idea. Before that Pearl Harbor. The President -- no one in particular is to blame -- except the Big Business Interests running the politics of the country, of western nations, of what might be foolishly labelled civilized society. Before that ... the damnable Holland Land Company and the Seneca Indian Nation... ah hell. Bush'll be the scapegoat too. He'll be sacrificed.

Regardless of any of this idle speculation...The only point that may have any verifiable truth here is that the whole Machinery is totally out of control, the world is out of balance, and 9-11 was a great cou d gras from madmen at both ends of the scale. I stand corrected from my previous view that this war is just a religious war... it is an oil war as well. But it -- like AIDS and HIV in Africa -- are just examples of a minority completely overrunning the majority, the triumph of special interests.

Change begins with you and me. Did you and I have a chance to do things differently post 9-11...and did we... I would argue we did not, for it is far out of your control and my control. The Machinery will not, cannot change, until the Whole Thing Unravels.

Throw the history books away, and start thinking for yourself. Has anyone found the scapegoat this time? Where is Bush anyway? Where is Bin Laden? The French lost in Vietnam before we did. The French and the Russians lost in Afganistan... before we will lose this one... but not before the Machinery drains us of all resources and stretches the military across the globe in the name of fighting terrorism... while people starve in poverty just miles from where you and I sleep.

I don't think the dinosaurs labored over the decision to just give up one day.... and make fossil fuel .... to see something that took many centuries to make, these resources, over such a long time ... to see them squandered by SUV's and hamburger mills and ... in a century or two of extreme consumerism.

Don't reelect the bastards. Don't buy anything that doesn't come in recyclable, reclaimed, or recycled form/packaging. Quit wasting water on making hamburgers. Start a garden. Become self sufficient. Get off the goddam grid. Invest in solar. Pull your money out of the market. Stop reading the paper. Use your tv for target practice.

Write when you get work.

There. That makes sense.

By Fb on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 01:12 am:

drop the bomb(s)
    start over

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 02:38 am:

End Debate?

By Czarina on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 08:40 am:

Shop Wal-Mart.

By eri on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 08:46 am:

Take your kids to a theme park ;)

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:11 am:

Spray your vegetable garden with Garlon 4, Imazapyr, or Glyphosate. That's what the local electric utilities are spraying around here on rights of way. Spraying has a two mile toxic drift. Enjoy. Smell the dead herbivores. Watch the no growth for four years.

You're not a Walmart type of gal, Cz. More like Lord and Taylor.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 11:32 am:

the businesses will be pleased daniel

By The Watcher on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 01:18 pm:

Lord and Taylor just announced they were closing the local store. It wasn't performing as expected.

I guess my neighbors had more sence than I thought. Why spend your money on overly expensive junk. When you can save a little by going to Penney's for less expensive junk.

By sarah on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 01:31 pm:

god now i'm really depressed.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 11:59 pm:

Indeed why buy anything at all? I am actually impressed that my homework on the chemical menace and my threatening emails and phone calls to the Michigan based contractor of doom...really could make a difference: They sent a crew out again today and marked a "no-spray zone" on my property.

I guess threatening to get an injunction against the spraying did no good, but the ten or so paragraphs of technical data...nearly irrefutable...that blows holes in their "harmless spray propaganda" they left at my doorstop yesterday...made some sense to the folks who know the truth at the head office. At nine ten this morning the person answering the phone in Michigan knew who I was and knew about my objections, and by three this afternoon, they backed out of the spraying.

Now let's watch and see if they do what they say, or simply blanket my property with even more harmful toxins.

Point is, the garden and the vineyard, and my neighbor's six acre vineyard (which makes up my front yard) have been organic, pesticide free for nearly 22 years. Score one for the crotchety old fart at the end of the road.

If you're interested in what I opposed, and for this round won against, check out http://www.powerlink.net/fen/tmwfall99_05.html and then contact your utility...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact