Has anyone ever been wrong about the fact that you are a nice guy?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Has anyone ever been wrong about the fact that you are a nice guy?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Javier Saviola on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

First of all, are you a nice guy? Otherwise this question doesn't really apply.

If you really are a nice guy, are you often told by people that they thought you were a nice guy, but that they felt they were wrong?

By eri on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 08:16 pm:

never

By LoneStranger on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 08:45 pm:

Always.

Like I said before, I'm a bastard.

LS

By J on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 01:54 am:

They called me little bastard,they said it to my face,call me spike....assponies

By Czarina on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:34 am:

I thought you were a nice guy, but I think I might have been wrong.

By Gee on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:42 am:

I'm nice. I try to be nice to people because I don't want anyone to feel badly. I usually make myself feel worse than I make anyone else feel.

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

I'm a bitch.And proud of it.

By The Watcher on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 01:46 am:

We like you just the way you are.

By eri on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 08:24 am:

I am only nice to people when I feel like it. I can be a snotty bitch when I want to.

By dave. on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 09:50 am:

people who say they're a nice guy and use it as an excuse for being treated without respect usually aren't that nice at all. they're just afraid of being rejected if they let out their inner asshole.

let your asshole out.

By Asshole on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 11:15 am:

I'm out! I'm out!

By moonit on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 08:20 pm:

I think I need to do that. Then I wouldn't be such a loser magnet.

By Hal on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 11:22 pm:

No nice guy here...

pretty much a loser.

thnx play again.

By moonit on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 03:00 am:

Hal you are not.

I think I'm going on a cruise to Fiji.

nah nah nah nah

By Hal on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 05:17 am:

Thank you for emplifying how much I suck. I am not going to fiji, I have 2 flat tires on my car, I'm still workless, poor, and lonely as shit...

So... <bow> <insert explative>

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 01:58 pm:

I seem to be the ranking old bastard around here. Nate gave me the title a long time ago. And, I am neither going to Fiji nor thinking about unemployment, nor admitting to being an unnice guy.

But send a postcard from Fiji, Moonit, and don't worry about tires and unemployment and the spelling of "expletive," Hal, and especially don't even think about nice guys finishing, finishing last, or ...

Cuban and Japanese women find me irresistable. Men of any racial political background either like me or don't, without any areas of gray. I have discovered it is much easier to live alone.

Pity that I've only known one Cuban and one Japanese woman. My astrologer says that I am the kind of person who has to explain himself many times and put my ideas out there and revise and revise in order to get it right... so that others understand me.

Is that true or what? and who the hell really cares?

By moonit on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

I am not paying for the trip to Fiji. Mum really wants me to go.

I suck with money. My job is like groundhog day, except weekly. Creepy loser guys hit on me when I go out drinking. I think two of my friends are going to get it on. I'm single and I haven't seen my flatmate for four days. He owes me rent money. I have two dollars and sixty five cents until Wednesday. And no food.

I suck.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 11:15 pm:

Oh no you don't. I mean, suck. I guess you can go to Fiji then... my youngest son leaves Thursday for London, Paris, and Normandy for 12 days, fours days each. I went to Troy today.

Troy Missouri. And bought a Vermont Castings woodstove for the dining room. Stove was a deal; no telling when I'll get to the remodelling of the dining room. A while.

Happiness is a Vermont Castings woodstove. And spending the afternoon with my youngest son.

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 9, 2002 - 11:33 pm:

By pamela on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 12:27 am:

I want to move to Montana...

'cause it's beautiful and there aren't too many people there (when you compare it to California, that is).

By droopy on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 02:26 am:

movin' to montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

i once lived in a house where we had an old (and i mean old) woodstove. one winter night we had a fire going and were drinking bourbon whisky. on impulse, i swigged a mouthful of whisky and spat it into the fire - there was no grating in front o the flame. a big ball o' fire shot out of the stove for a half second and seemed to engulf me. it was cool.

By Platypus on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 06:13 pm:

That's a very sexy stove.

And, for your information, some of us california types (like the one being *snowed* on right now) are very excited about woodstoves. Right now I have an ancient behemouth not air tight piece of shit. I hate it. You have to burn half a tree just to get the thing lit. Maybe I'll get one of those vermont ones.

By The Watcher on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

Right now I'd settle for a moderate night.

I'm so cold.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 12:08 am:

"They" say that once you've had a Vermont Castings, you'll never go back to a lesser stove. True. This is my second one. And much smaller for the dining room. But capable of 20,000 btu, catalytic, virtually no smoke and no pollutants.

By pez on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 03:46 pm:

sorry hal. ride a bike. tires are cheaper, no
    insurance or gas expenses.

i got my new bike out of the repair shp
    yesterday and i'm babying it. it's an old
    threespeed kickback and the gears seize up if
    i'm not careful. it had a long sleep and woke
    up cranky.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact