Illness

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Illness
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Javier Saviola on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 08:48 pm:

Have you ever, at a time of illness, had anyone not giving a fuck that you were ill?

By eri on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 12:17 pm:

I'd ask if you were ill, but I don't give a fuck. The only doctor that can help you needs the straight jacket back. Freak

By droopy on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:27 am:

nobody knows you when you're down and out.

- bessie smith

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:06 pm:

I said doctor is there something I can take...

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

I put the lime in the coconut last night a little too much. Now I have a headache.

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

God love you Eri you know the song,Brucifer and I use to sing it to Czarina when she was preggy with the first of her offspring.She had morning sickness really bad.BTW,Czarina,they went out again.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:58 pm:

That song has always reminded me of a friend of mine. We were great friends in high school and then lost touch. Years later we run into each other at a grocery store and discover that we are both housewives and live a block away from each other. Every weekend we would get together and drink margaritas til midnight (always used table salt) and played board games drunk. So when I saw Practical Magic, and saw the midnight margarita scene, it was just like us. But I have always known that song. Grew up on it. I was raised by a bunch of booze hounds.

By The Watcher on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:16 pm:

"Called the doctor woke him up..."

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 08:02 pm:

You can call me in the morning, I'll tell you what to do.....

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:28 pm:

I said Doctor is there nothing I can take? To relieve this belly ache.

By eri on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 09:33 am:

You put the lime in the coconut and mix em both together put the lime in the coconut then you feel better

By Czarina on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 09:39 am:

I don't like this going out business!

I'll be there Wed, maybe I can put a damper on it.

Get the lime ready. I wanna feel better!

By Spider on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 09:56 am:

I am so lost.

By Czarina on Wednesday, March 6, 2002 - 12:00 am:

Me too.

By J on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 01:26 am:

You want to talk "lost"? My Mother went into the hospital on Jan.29th,they kept there about 5 days and then since she was well enough to leave the hospital but not well enough to go home on her own she went to a nursing home, then she came here at my house,that was Sat.,I thought she was getting better,not one person during this whole time told me different.Yesterday I took her to the doctor,she didn't even check her out,she just looked at her and said she needed hospice care,it didn't even sink in at the time as I am so stressed,but when I got home it hit me.Today a lady from her insurance came out,checked her out and she said she needed to go to a hospice home,and now she's there and I feel so bad.I thought if she would just eat,she'd get her strenghth back,so I was kind of brow beating her to eat,today the hospice lady told me her body was shutting down and she can't eat much,I feel so guilty.And I'm scared,I don't do death well.

By eri on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 09:54 am:

Did you ask the insurance company about the possibility of hospice care in your home? My grandfather got that for his last couple of weeks. Social Security pays for it from what I understand. We were looking into that with my Grandmother, after she had the heart attack. We were looking at such a long recovery, that we were looking into hospice after she got out of the nursing home (they were going to put her in there until she had enough strength to go home). Her body slowly shut down, as well. I guess from the start of the shutdown, to the end it was about two weeks. It was allright until the last 2 days, when I knew I would have to make the decision to pull her off of the respirator. Those were the hardest days of my life, because she was literally my closest and best friend. I know I will never have that kind of relationship with anyone as long as I live and I miss it horribly. Anyways, at the end, the doctor gave me some samples of Zoloft and a prescription for it. It made it a whole lot easier. I was still able to grieve, but everything was under control. I was able to stop taking it within a couple of weeks. I think I was on it 3 weeks total. The only side effect was that I couldn't drink while I was taking it or it made me like a zombie and put me to sleep.

I know what you are facing and I am sorry. My wound is still fresh, and this kinda picks the scab, so I can definately understand exactly where you are at.

The fear will go away and you will be left with a hollow resignation. That is when it happens. That feeling is the worst of them all because you will feel powerless and angry. It does get better, though. Never the way it was, but better.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

By The Watcher on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

I hope your boss is understanding.

When my mother died, I had a boss that "had to know" when I was returning to work.

She was unconsious in the Hospital with us just waiting for the inevitable and this idiot wanted to know when I would be back at work. Jees.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact