Here's My Story

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Here's My Story
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:12 pm:

you should read this. something really interesting happened to me.

It was my friend Julia's birthday on Saturday, so we went out to some bar and then some club. I was happy because I love to go dancing and I really don't get to do it very often. I should work up the nerve to just go out by myself, since I spend the whole night alone anyway, but I'm too chicken.

we went to the Limelight, which I've never been to before. it looked really sleezy, but I knew all the songs so that made the dancing Much fun. I sat down for the first half hour that we were there and I had a shot! My very first ever! I can't remember what it was, but it was sweet.

once I got up on the dance floor, I didn't get off of it again. I danced continuously for three and a half hours. my knees were Dead after that, and in fact I'm still feeling a little bit of pain in my left knee, but my feet were just fine. this in spite of the fact that I was wearing brand new boots for the first time ever.

two guys hit on me that night. the second guy was not so much of a problem except that he kept grabbing me arm or the back of my head so he could yell in my ear. I kept having to remove his hands from my person. he yelled "WHAT'S YOUR NAME??" I yelled "MY NAME IS 'I HAVE A BOYFRIEND'." I don't, but I didn't want to be bothered. I just wanted to dance. when I tell you about the first guy, you'll understand.

I want to stop here and say how dissaponted I am that "What's your name?" has become the pick-up line of choice for so many people. I'm sorry, but I require a little bit more effort than that. How about a nice corny line in the area of how wonderful I am? It doesn't matter if it's true - I know you're lying to me, but you're so much more endearing when you Try.

Anyway, the first guy who hit on me was really nice looking. god knows what his name was - he had the thickest accent. He was from Brazil. He mosied on up to my little dancing group and kept getting closer to me. Eventually he was close enough to me that we were dancing together, which was okay. Really I prefer dancing by myself because I like to have a lot of space to move around, but dancing with a good looking guy has its own appeal.

apparently I smelled good. I don't know what that was aboout because I wasn't wearing any purfume and as far as I can remember I didn't put any deoderant (sp) on that morning. I must sweat rose oils.

So then he kissed my neck. That's a bad thing. I'm so hypersensative on my neck, really. I should have walked away then, but I gave him another chance. I told him if he did it again I'd be dancing alone. he said "Okay, sure!" and then he did it again. so I shoved him away and danced alone.

Little while later I'm dacing with my friend and the guy comes up behind me and puts his hands on my boobs.

yeah. this is the part where I punch him in the teeth. only I didn't. I don't respond well on the spot. I took his hands off of my BOOBS! and told him to go away, which he did.

He grabbed my boobs. I'm so upset about that now. Much more upset than I was at the moment. Really not happy.

Some strange guy grabbed my boobs. what's that about? what kind of nerve do you have to have? I told my friend Eric (who I used to have a huge crush on) that this happened, but he didn't offer to beat the guy up for me. I told my best friend it happened and he said it was a good thing he wasn't there because he Would Have beaten the guy up for me. It made me feel better to know that someone would have defended my honour if they'd had the chance.

Also, at the end of the night, in between hugs and kisses, Eric said to me "I don't know what it is, but you have this air of confidence about you now, and I'm really liking it." I said "Thank you, Eric." and I really meant it. that was a nice thing to say.

they were friendly hugs and kisses, by the way. Eric is Julia's boyfriend.

anyway, I had lots of fun. I love to dance. I don't love to be touched by strange men, but I do so love to dance.

So that's my story. Isn't it weird? Nothing like that's ever happened to me before.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:18 pm:

no, its not weird and i find it hard to believe nothing of the sort has ever happened to you before.

im on to you.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

It's not weird. Not that a strange guy grabbed my breasts while I have been dancing before, but that did happen once in a haunted house! A werewolf snuck up in this guys ear and growled and the guy jumped and his hands landed on my boobs. It was actually funny as hell at the time. I guess in my case it was a little bit different because, he did it acidentally, and was mortified afterward.

I love to go dancing, too. I love old clubs with next to no people on the dance floor and good music. I have never had the guts to go by myself either. I used to have a friend who was bi-sexual and into me. She used to beat away the annoying guys so I didn't have to worry about it.

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:40 pm:

You need to go out more Gee:)

By Gee on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

yes, this is true.

if that ever happens to me again I'm going to punch someone. anyone. just a random dancer-byer who looks like they deserve a punch.

"dancer-byer". man, I'm funny.

Eric used to touch my boobs all the time, but we were just joking around. he used to say that my boobs were so big, they had their own gravitational pull. and then he'd pretend to be helpless as his hands were pulled towards me. He was a funny, funny man.

By Spider on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 03:26 pm:

Was Eric Ishmael? If not, what was Ishmael's real name and where is he now?

And if you're rolling your eyes and thinking, "Duh...I am so over Ishmael! Move on, please!" well, missy, you disappeared for a while and we need to be updated. So there.

By semillama on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 05:27 pm:

You had new boots. You should have broken
    them in on his nuts, brazilian or not.

By Gee on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 08:55 pm:

yes, Eric was Ishmael. and I will never be over him. Eric is one of those boys you will always always have a little bit of a crush on.

a couple of weeks ago (on my birthday) myself and two other girls were just sitting there talking about how we adore Eric. girls love him, and he has No Clue! Jerk!

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:31 pm:

Show him Gee,you can do it! J aka mommy

By The Watcher on Thursday, March 7, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

The guy must have been drunk. Or stupid.

I can think of no other excuse for behavior like that.

Of course I'm secretly envious. But, that's just because I'm a gentleman. And, would never be so crude.

By wisper on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 04:28 pm:

it happened because you were at SLIMElight,
    sister. Dirty!

you should have gone for the nuts. Those
    boots are made for squashin'.

By Gee on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

my friend calls it the Slimelight too.

yes, it looks very slimey, but I knew the words to all the songs so I was mostly happy.

happy happy.

I'm going to see "40 Days and 40 Nights" tonight. Why? Because Helen is sad.

By eri on Friday, March 8, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

I heard "40 day and 40 nights" is a total waste of money. Just what I heard.

By Gee on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

I laughed.

For those who like cheap sex jokes.

By Gee on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

I must now admit that I have a crush on Security Supervisor Steve. I think he's cute because he smiles and laughs and is nice to everyone.

at first I thought he was flirting with me, but now it seemed he was flirting with Jamie. And Jamie, probably without realizing it, flirted back.

Then again, I could be imagining things.

By Gee on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 08:24 pm:

I have a desk now! A cute little Ikea computer desk in beech. My friend Ron put it together for me when he came to visit me last night. It was nice watching him do that.

I have spent all of the paycheque I got only yesterday. part of it went towards my rent and part of it went towards the citronella (sp) spray collar I had to buy for my dog. prevention against being evicted! I think it's working, though.

only one more week until Backlash and Hogan's victory!! IknowitIknowit he's going to win. I was right about him going good, wasn't I? and then I get to go to the Hardrock and look at Adam, who is cute.

it's nice to be a little bit boycrazy. I never used to be allowed. I can do anything I want now.

me me me me me me me.

today my friend said "You're not nearly as needy as you used to be." (a couple of weeks ago!) and then he said "Well, you're still needy." It's true - I love to be the centre of attention! EVREYBODY LOOK AT ME.

I'm having so much fun. James mooned me, you know. I saw his little bum. he made up for it by buying me a bunch of drinks. then I went home and called Ron:

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you, and I'm SO glad I know you, and I'm really really greatful for everything you've done for me, and I really really love you."

isn't it fun when you do that?

I haven't cried since March 31st.

By eri on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 08:57 pm:

I am so glad to see you getting out there and just having fun. I will never forget those times, when you just let go and say fuck it, mememememe! It is a phase of your life you will never forget! Enjoy!

By patrick on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:40 am:

I've learned my lesson with cheap "scandinavian" furniture. Over the last 7 years we've bought several pieces...a lingerie drawer, coffee table, "entertainment" center, a bar stool set.

The junk is falling apart, rapidly, and all at once.

By Nate on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:45 am:

ikea die.

the inside of that store is several levels of hell.

By eri on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:53 am:

I have been studying and planning and designing our furniture. When we have the money to spend on good furniture, I intend to make it myself. You would be surprised how easy it is. I am currently working on a design for an entertainment center, but we aren't actually doing any of this yet, because 1. We don't really have room in this place for an entertainment center. I already have too much living room furniture. and 2. We are waiting for Mikayla to get past her drawing on the walls and drawing of the furniture phase. That is also why I haven't done the furniture in her room yet.

I hate going to furniture stores of any kind. The sales reps are too busy to help you, and it is hard to tell in some of the upper level stores when you are getting the same crap as you would get from a furniture outlet store. You would be surprised how many furniture manufacturers make and send their furniture to the high end stores and you pay thousands when they also sell it to the outlet stores and you can get the exact same thing for $400, with the only difference being a lack of choices in fabrics.

Good luck finding some nice furniture.

By Christopher on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 03:56 pm:

In my living room, I don't have a single piece o furniture that is newer than 1915. If I were so predisposed, I could stand on it and dance all day. It is all quatersawn oak, and is as beautiful and strong as the day it was made. None of the chairs have nails or screws, and only the table tops are fastened with metal hardware. You get what you pay for. Spend more on your furniture, and you'll have it the rest of your life. Buy from Ikea, or Siemens, and you'll be replacing that pasteboard crap within 5 years. Hit estate auctions and buy furniture, but avoid that frilly carved vistorian crap. It was machine made, and all those finials and filligree are to mask the fact that it is cheap shit.

If you can make it yourself, use through-tenon construction and good wood.

By eri on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

I love my antique furniture. It has lasted so long already, and it will last forever (assuming my father doesn't move it, he already snapped the top off of my secretary and we had to screw it back on, it sucked).

By Gee on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA

I like Ikea whole bucnhes of lots.

I saw Security supervisor Steve drive by in his little car this afternoon. He honked at me. tee hee!

My friend made up a little song for me:
    MELANIE
    MELANIE
    LI LI LI LI LI LI LI!
    (that's 7 LI's)

whenever I try and sing it he tells me I'm doing it wrong.

So...Sprint or Bell?

By patrick on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

yeah just wait till it fucking falls apart on you. its all nice and chic at first, you just wait.

By Dougie on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 06:23 pm:

I got some Ikea stuff. It's held up pretty well. Also have some nice stuff like a cherry wood drop leaf table and a beautiful mahogany desk. Furniture is mostly La-z-boy.

Here's a sneak peak of my new house which I just signed the contract for today: http://dougieb.koolhost.com/IM000034.jpg and
    http://dougieb.koolhost.com/IM000034.jpg
    Hopefully we'll be in by the first of June or sooner, whichever comes first.

The previous house I had posted about was a piece of crap and we backed out of the deal. I dig the attic windows -- looks like the Amityville Horror house. I wouldn't be surprised if I get home from work late one evening and find 2 little red eyes peering out from it. Could happen -- Amityville's only about 15 miles up the road from me -- maybe Jody jumped ship to my place. One never knows, does one?

By Dumbass on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

By heather on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

hey, i really like the garden armoire

[wink]

By eri on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 09:55 pm:

Didn't get to see the pics, but love the Amityville house. Jody is cool. Have the movies (not the crappy ones but the ones based on the house, the haunting of the house, and the murders). Took me years to find "Amityville the Posession". Love it. Wore it out. Need to find a new copy.

Seriously, though, it is a beautiful house. If the one you are buying looks like it, congratulations.

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 08:46 am:

Yes, the garden armoire makes it easy to quickly change into a fresh set of clothes after a long day of working in the garden.

Actually that's an old kitchen cupboard -- everything's being ripped out and redone.

It doesn't really look like the Amityville house -- it's just got similar attic windows, which my girlfriend didn't appreciate me pointing out the similarity of. She says she's going to have nightmares about what's in the attic now. For Halloween, I'm definitely going to rig something up with 2 red eyes glowing from inside the windows. Probably nobody will even see it, but I'll know it's there.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:37 am:

That's rich. If you were close to Texas, Iwould go over just to see the lights. Tell your girlfriend she doesn't need to worry about the attic, the demon is in the basement in a secret room they didn't tell you about.

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:58 am:

eri, i love the Amityville story as well.

I've searched for the original Amityville film...the one depicting the teenage son shooting his entire family. All i can find is that crappy one with that cocksucker who is married to that horrid Streisand lady. They move in after the teen son kills his family, as I understand it, so its not one of the sequels.

Do you know the version of the movie im talking about? No one ever seems to know. But i saw it as a kid, scared the patooty out of me.

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

I lived 2 towns away from Amityville, and remember when the killings happened. Ronald Defeo flipped out badly, and killed his entire family with a shotgun. That was in 1974, so I was 10 years old. When it first happened, the morning newspaper said that Ronald Defeo jr. was the only survivor. I think it was by the next day that they said he did it. It wasn't until 5 years later that all the tourists started showing up, looking for Jodie the pig, and the rest of the ghosts. Interestingly, the house sits sideways on its lot, with the canal running down the far side of the house. The movies make it look like it is sitting right on the ocean, but in actuality its a fairly narrow canal that runs from Merrick road out to the Long Island Sound. The History Channel made a "Documentary" about the murders, but even that was kind of sensational. Ronald was a spoiled semi-rich kid who did an awful lot of drugs. It wasnt a supernatural event; He was just an asshole.

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

do you know of the particular movie Im talking about?

By spunky on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 12:43 pm:

Actually, the second one is about the teenage son killing his family. After he does his sister, of course.

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

well wait....then why does the one with Margo Kidder and the aformentioned AMMCO commercial dude have references to episode of the kid killing his family? I don't think its the second one trace.

Though the one im thinking of does have the kid doing his sister.

By spunky on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

The Sequel is actually a "Prequel". Eri and I have the first two, I think we got rid of the rest. We have watched the second more often then the first.

By spunky on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

Amityville II: The Possession (1982)
    Dir- Damiano Damiani
    This sequel to the hit 1979 film is more of a rip-off then a prequel to the events of the Lutz family, this time the DeFeo clan is shown and the days before the brutal murders are played out. The young teenage boy hears voices in the house and begins to engage in some incestuous behavior toward his sister. As with The Shining, the house drives the youth to murder and well you know the rest. A lot more bloody and less interesting then the first film, you will have more fun counting the numerous anachronisms present in this waste.

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:15 pm:

Patrick the reason that the 1st movie makes reference to the kid killing his family, is that it happened before they moved in. The Lutz's bought that house about 3 years after the murders, and before that the house stood empty since 1979.
    I recall that the second in the series was sort of a prequel. This most likely is the one you are thinking of. The history channel did a show about the murders, but it wasnt entirely accurate, and seemed to me to be more about ratings than actual facts. Ocean Avenue in Amityville is a nice street, but the closer you get to Merrick road, the seedier it gets. It is actually right on the border of Copiague, which is definitely seedy, and a good place to buy drugs. Well...It used to be anyway.

4 of them were direct to video releases, 2 were TV movies, and the only the first 3 were shown in the theaters.

1.Amityville Horror, The (1979)
    2.Amityville II: The Possession (1982)
    3.Amityville 3-D (1983)
    4.Amityville: The Evil Escapes (1989) (TV)
    5.Amityville Curse, The (1990) (V)
    6.Amityville 1992: It's About Time (1992) (V)
    7.Amityville: A New Generation (1993) (V)
    8.Amityville: Dollhouse (1996) (V)
    9.Amityville 2000 (2000) (TV)

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

yeah i was looking on IMBD about this.

I never knew it was a prequel. Now thats clear. Thanks.

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

Are you still out here Christopher? Whatever happened to the house -- did they tear it down or does somebody live there now? Supposedly, the address is 112 Ocean Avenue. I must drive by and check it out.

Holy crap, I had no idea there were so many movies about it. I only saw the James Brolin one. I remember reading the book in a high school math class.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

It is a hard one to find. I had spent almost 5 years looking for that movie. The copy I bought is worn out and in poor condition.

If you can find it, let me know, but if not, send me a video tape and return envelope or whatever, and i will run you a copy of mine. It is just that mine has some bad lines in the very beginning when they are moving into the house.

The second one was the story of the family, through the eyes of the son (murderer). He said that he was possessed by a demon and that is why he killed his family. The second one seems crappy unless you understand it is from the mind of the murderer itself and a one sided story.

Damn, I am going to have to watch that tonite!

I am trying to remember which one was about the "demon" in the basement and it wanted a teenage girl. They lived in the actual Amityville house and at the end the demon flew out the window or some shit like that. I can't remember which one that is, but it has been so many years since I have seen it that I would like to see it again.

By spunky on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

Eri, did you turn off the answering machine?

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

Dougie, I'm living in San Francisco now, but the house is still there at 112 Ocean. It still looks the same, and the neighbors still glare at anyone obviously looking for it. Don't ask anyone where the house is, just get a yahoo map, and check it out, if you are so inclined. Another popular house is the Satanist's house in Massapequa. Very spooky looking, painted completely black. That property may have changed hands and been repainted, but I kind of hope not. It was one of those things I recall seeing as a teen and thought it was just incredible-- Like finding out that the Adams Family is actually an ongoing PBS documentary. I'll write to my Sister, and ask if She knows where it is.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

No, I didn't. For some reason the phones are dead.

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 06:03 pm:

Jody strikes again!

So do you prefer SF to LI, Christopher? Probably a dumb question, SF is a beautiful city. Will have to check out the house, and yes, would be interested in seeing the place in Massapequa.

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 06:51 pm:

Well, it's the old apples & oranges, Dougie. I love SF, and it fits my life at the current time. Still, I miss Long Island very much, but only Suffolk County, and points east. I never liked Nassau county at all, and feel that it has some of the worst that suburbia has to offer (hope you don't live there!!). I grew up on the North Shore in Huntington Harbor, and after moving out of my parents house, when I was 19, I moved to the South Shore. I lived in Lindenhurst for most of the time until I was 29 and decided to move to SF. Lindenhurst is/was a great town, but it has really declined badly since I moved. The non-commerce areas are still very good, but Wellwood Avenue has completely gone to seed. Its funny, because I remember as a kid, that you could stand at the corner of Wellwood, and Hoffman avenues, and count no fewer than 8 bars. You would think that a town with that many bars would be really sucky, but I remember when it still had a soda shop, and old fashioned bank, and it was really a sweet little place. Now, most of the stores are vacant, and the bars are gone (The Shuffle Inn, Frank & Irenes, etc). There are still places that feel the way they did when I was a kid; Sayville is one of them. I'm lucky, because my brother lives there, and the ferries to Fire Island are a 10 minute walk from his front door. I was lucky to have grown up in a beautiful town in a great big house(I have 7 brothers & sisters), surrounded by huge old oak trees. I would give up SF in a heartbeat if I could live in my childhood home, but my parents sold it when I was 28. Upon reflection, I realize that I am a coastal sort of guy. Every place I have lived was within walking distance of the water. Now, from my front porch way up here on top of Sanchez Hill, I look out on SF Bay. Still, Nothing is like the Long Island Sound, and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in my life I return there for good.

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 07:21 pm:

Actually, I live in East Rock, and just bought a house in Baldwin Harbor. I like both Nassau and Suffolk. That's funny, my last girlfriend lived in Lindenhurst on N. 7th right off of Wellwood. I didn't grow up here (Ohio), so to me, it's still all relatively new (even though I've been in NY for 21 years). I love living near the coast, and even though I've thought of packing it all up and moving back to Ohio, I probably never will though, just because I love being so close to the water, and so close to the city.

By heather on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 07:47 pm:

i think people on the coasts are different

except perhaps for michigan, and maybe colorado but in smaller populations

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

Different? Don't believe those stories about transvestite child sacrifice parties. It isn't true. I never once sacrificed a transvestite child.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 08:27 pm:

I never thought that people on the coasts were different for reasons like that.

I do think that we are different when we live on the coast, though. The culture and overall lifestyle is different. Attitudes are different. I loved coastal living. I hated mid-western living. The mid-west sucks.

In the mid west there is no pride in where you live or how you live. They don't take care of anything and they don't care. They revel in stupidity and punish children for using proper grammar. There is filth everywhere and no one cares. Everything is done second rate. No one cares. It is awful. They call it a slower paced way of life, and it is slower paced, but so slow that no one does dishes, feels like they need to work to provide for their families, and they don't bother to do regular maintenance on their house unless the city tells them to. People intentionally rent places that have been condemned, because the rent is cheaper. And don't get me started on the education system there. I am already fighting writing a strongly worded letter to "The Kansas City Star" regarding our experiences there and the effects it has had on my daughter since we have moved here. I spent 2 1/2 hours with Hayley's teacher yesterday, going over Hayley's work and progress and comparing the curriculums of the different schools. I left in tears, not because of my daughter's abilities or her work or her progress (she is working hard and doing the best we can expect, but she still may flunk a grade to get caught up because of their curriculum and her previous teachers incompetencies).

Anyways, living on a coast is a definately different lifestyle.

By Christopher on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 09:34 pm:

I've never lived in the mid-West, but I thought it was drop dead gorgeous driving through Kansas and Missouri. It's so stark, and the range was incredible. It just went on and on. I personally loved it, but some friends I was with thought it was depressing. We drove on some godforsaken road off the main throughway for about 3 hours, and thought we might have gotten lost because there were no signs for the longest time. The prairie is just beautiful. It was tawny tall grass and this slowly rolling landscape as far as the eye could see. Peter Bogdanovich shot Paper Moon around there in 1971 or 72. It shows a lot of the stuff that we were driving on, but in black & white.
    I'm sorry you had a lousy time in texas. I have friends who I met long after they had moved from Texas, and they all pretty much were happy to get out. The only guy I know who wanted to move back was this beautiful surfer guy from Corpus Christie. He liked the water better.
    I agree, it most certainly is different living on the West Coast, as opposed to the East coast, but I'm certain I would feel the same if it were the opposite. Either way, I would probably hate Boston wherever I originated from. The friends I have from back East are always there when I need them, despite my having moved to SF 9 years ago. I have good friends here, but my friends from NY have never left my life.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:00 pm:

Actually we are having a pretty good time in Texas. It is a big improvement over Missouri. I hated it there.

Everyone I know thinks I am from Boston, like I have some accent of something. They say I would like it there, because of the whole Irish thing, not realizing that I am more italian than Irish, I just wound up with the Irish skin and green eyes.

I would like to spend some time on the east coast for a comparison, but haven't made it there yet.

By dave. on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 07:02 pm:

By Dougie on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 07:26 pm:

Yes, but I'm not a "Dockers-wearing, Pictionary-playing lame-o." I'm a "Dockers-wearing, beer-drinking lame-o." Subtle distinction. And what might you be?

By WTF on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 07:30 pm:

Being so rude as to address the original post of this thread (because I'm just coming in), the Brazilian guy was a scumbag, clear and simple. But this Eric guy? "They were friendly hugs and kisses"? "He used to grab my boobs all the time, but just joking around"? WTF is wrong here? Does he do this in front of his girlfriend? Would he do it in front of your boyfriend, if you were seeing someone? There's no way my girlfriend would be on the receiving end of this kind of stuff, but then I wouldn't date someone that naive. What he's doing is the same as the Brazilian guy, but with the added problem that he's abusing a close friendship to get his jollies instead of assaulting a stranger.

By Gee on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 08:48 pm:

Yes, Eric would hug and kiss me in front of his girlfriend. He also hugged and kissed my roomate Jamie in front of her, as well as his old roomate Carrie, and a few other girls who were there that night. No tongue was involved, as it would have been difficult to shove his tongue through My Cheek.

As for Eric touching my boobs being the same as some strange guy grabbing at me, WTF, the difference is in the state of mind of the grabbie (me). Eric, as a close friend, has permission to touch my boobs in the course of roughousing. He may Not do it in a sexual way (and let me assure you, breast-grabbing can quite often be very non-sexual), as that would be cheating on his lovely girlfriend. Some strange guy in a club, however, does not have permission to touch my boobs in any way whatsoever without prior spoken consent.

I hope this clears things up for you. In the future please do not assume that you know more about a situation than you do. Thank you.

By Nate on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 01:57 am:

linda lovelace died. car wreck.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 06:12 pm:

Tragic. Will she lie in state long?

I see dave didn't answer my question to him. Not sure how to take that post and link from him -- either a not so subtle jab at what he perceives to be me and my lifestyle, or just a humorous article he happened upon and thought I would enjoy. I'm hoping the latter.

By dave. on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 07:16 pm:

the latter. he didn't answer because he was feeling negative about himself and has been attempting to keep those feelings tucked away rather than post them all over hell.

looks like he just let some slip through.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 07:42 pm:

Dougie thought so, but he tends to read into things way too much. He's hoping everything's ok with dave.

By dave. on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 08:00 pm:

if the usual is ok then everything's ok. thanks for asking.

By J on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 01:49 am:

Are ya missing the drinks Dave? They don't really help and you know that.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 02:30 am:

nah. not really. i've been over that for a while now. y'know, it's really not that hard to quit. not a big freakout or anything. maybe a bit edgy for a week or 2 but life is edgy sometimes. i swear it's not nearly as hard as people would have you believe. all those support groups and whatnot are mostly bunk, victim cults. but whatever works, i s'pose.

no, i was going to go off on a dave-style, overly dramatic tirade about what kind of a lame-o i am and then decided not to.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

It's a shame that Linda Lovelace died.

I have a copy of Deep Throat and still get a chuckle out of it.

It's one of those movies that are so bad they're funny.

By pez on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 - 08:05 pm:

i happened to see her name in a book i've been reading called "apocolypse culture".

which i ended up discussing with the waitress and a cute punk guy at the counter at the produce store's cafe. it's really nice when you find yourself in a subculture where people have actually read the same books as you and have intellegent opinions about them. rather than "ew. morbid." "creepy" and "shouldn't you read something a little more... 'classic?'"

By Czarina on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 03:59 am:

You can't get more classic,than "Deep Throat".

By semillama on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

Czarina, where have you been?

By Czarina on Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 10:52 pm:

Just keeping a low profile,down here in dem swamps :)

By Daniel ssss on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 12:43 am:

Gee someone's using your moniker, Cz, and someone's using mine too, and sending junk mail. I've looked at over 600 messages received this week, and the senders are more than often names from my email address book, but aren't the persons associated with that name.

I apologize if any of you are getting emails from someone else using the Daniel name and return addy... It's not me. I know something is screwey because several of my friends have emailed and asked if I sent them links or added them to a list...

Anybody else having this problem?

Anybody know how to stop such intracomputer piracy?

By Christopher on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 12:56 am:

Its a virus. It sends from your MS Outlook. Could be a nuisance, or could be a big problem. Get Norton antivirus on your computer, and see what it finds. Good Luck.

By Christopher on Friday, April 26, 2002 - 12:59 am:

By The Watcher on Wednesday, May 1, 2002 - 06:16 pm:

The old Maryland Censor Board made that movie.

It was funny though. Everytime the cops would raid the theaters where it was playing, as soon as they would leave, another copy would be delivered. And, they were back in business.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact