weekend

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: weekend
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 02:30 pm:

'sup?

this weekend we're turning off the phone and generally isolating ourselves.

we've become so frazzled as husband and wife that if we don't do this, we'll become a headline about some sort of double murder/suicide.

aside from some darkroom time for me tomorrow, and a quick 3 hour headshot shoot that i got roped into Sunday, we're tuning the world out.

Blowing off two seperate birthday parties tonight...another party at my studio and god knows what tomorrow night.

We have work to do around the house but most importantly we have work to do with each other.

We've been so busy, so frazzled, so stressed.

Shooting last weekend, another catalog this week being produced. On top of a project Im about to accept shooting 120-150 piece jewelry catalog. Its a bit nerve racking because im having to rent equipment Ive never used, and its a lot of money (i.e. pressure) on me to do a good job but that goes with the territory.

So so much to think about...i just hope i can put it out of mind for a day or two.

By dave. on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

it's gonna be a long weekend. nowhere to hide.

By patrick on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 05:27 pm:

lemme guess....its agatha's turn to host the knitting circle?

By Nate on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:12 pm:

easter, dumbass

By Dougie on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

Easter, oh yeah. Gotta buy food for Easter. I'd get lamb, but that's a no no with my girlfriend. A ham'd work. But I don't feel like having ham sandwiches for the next 2 months. Maybe Spam 'cause it rhymes with ham and lamb. We'll have an Easter Spam with all the trimmings.

By heather on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:21 pm:

she's ok with killing pigs but not sheep? or maybe it's just the taste.

By Dougie on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:27 pm:

I think it's half taste, half that they're cute and furry. As for me, they taste great, even though they're cute and furry.

By patrick on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

"easter, dumbass"

do you want to know the last time i celebrated anything remotely associated to easter?

about 24 years ago.

all things considered.....such a holiday, in which i get no paid leave, or any family functions to remind me of its existance...its the furthest thing from my mind.

*sniff*

no eggs for patrick.

just eat some god damn smart dogs and call it a day dougie

By Dougie on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

Ok, where do I find said smart dogs, and what goes good with them? And should I serve a red or a white? Or mix them both together and serve a pink?

By patrick on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:44 pm:

most grocery stores (here anyway, but it IS health-conscious CA) have them.

throw them on the barbi with some grilled veggies, and mix up some dill red potato salad.

drink some Bass in a frosty mug.

wine and hot dogs are just wrong

By heather on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 06:59 pm:

it took me a minute to figure out what you meant

that might help with the whole 'pet over-population' issue, though

when i was getting easter stuff i saw this big fat stuffed cat that looked like its head was too little and it was having trouble getting up- from some well known toy company. it was from their 'pampered pets' line, i just kinda went 'eww'

By Nate on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

hot dogs and a good zin. mm.

By TBone on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 08:48 pm:

I just pigged out on Circus Animal cookies. It's dangerous to get the 1-pound bag.

I was oblivious to easter until I came home yesterday to find a box on my porch. It had easter stuff from my dad, step-mom, and half-brother. Woohoo for chocolate!

Today, someone at work said we should do an easter "reenactment." He said I'd get to be Jesus. I'm not sure I want my desk to be near his anymore.

By wisper on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:10 pm:

On saturday my parents take me to Red
    Lobster, because it's my birthday on Tuesday
    (shit!) and it's the only time we could all get
    together. Every 7 years or so my birthday falls
    on easter. Maybe next year.
    Perhaps i'll re-instate my old highschool
    tradition of bowling on easter sunday.

Happy death day, Jesus.

By TBone on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:28 pm:

Happy Birthday, wisper.

By wisper on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 09:55 pm:

not yet, baby. :) thanks

and hey, i've been thinking.... if anyone wants
    to make it a truly happy wisper-mas, email me
    a good recipe or two. (no meat, please) That
    would be amazing. Better than amazing.
    Super-duper.
    i don't care what you send, i must learn to
    cook something, it's pathetic.
    Reading any food-related thread here makes
    me seriously jealous. I need you people's
    knowledge! Let the soabji cookbook begin!

please?

By wiz on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 10:20 pm:

sorabji, i meant.

heh

By Platypus on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 10:53 pm:

Maybe I'll drive to the city and go to services. I haven't done that in a while.

baaaa.

By eri on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:01 pm:

Looking for a church in San Antonio still. Not into the mega freaky churches like most of them tend to be.

Spending Easter at a restraunt with the kids. Don't feel like doing the whole thing this year. Not ready to deal with the empty seat at the table again for this holiday.

The rest of the weekend will be spent planning for my husbands inpending business trip, paying bills, whatever.

Found a good new wine. Like it a lot. Wish someone could clue me in on some good wines (Beringers is a good one, but what else is good?) I can't have red wines, they cause strokes in my family, but love white wines.

By semillama on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:28 pm:

I just hope the laundromat is open on easter,
    because I haven't had the chance to wash my
    work pants in 2 weeks.

You don't even know how frightening that is.

I am working tomorrow, like last saturday.

but not sunday.

I just learned that our project is costing the
    client nearly $3000 an HOUR in the field.

neat, huh?

By Platypus on Friday, March 29, 2002 - 11:56 pm:

wow, you must feel special. i should do laundry too, come to think of it. maybe we should have a world wide laundry fest and all do our laundry at once.

i get gloodles of wines from numerous beringer wineries for free...maybe i should start distributing them among the needy.

By pez on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 12:02 am:

easter play.

i got the day off, after telling my parents i had to work, so on easter i'm going to fix a basket of candy and a pair of bunny ears and bike down to SE because the guy i have a crush on has to work all day. no, not the entire bunny outfit. or even playboy bunny. probably just the ears, with leotard and grey dancepants. and running shoes if i can bear to wear them.

By Gee on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 03:03 am:

I learned to play pool tonight! I've played once before and I was oh so horrible at it, but I did much better this time because I actually knew what I was doing. I'm still seeing little lines in my head from one object to another. I think I did well, for a second time around.

I had two drinks, got a little tipsy, and now my friend Ron (who taught me how to play) is speaking in Hebrew to his parents. (he's talking to his sister!) and the Lofters is on TV. Heather is my favorite of the girls - I'd go for her.

I think I'm going to stay awake all night, because otherwise I have to wake up in five hours and go to work (I'm working today!).

there's a male model sleeping in my bed, you know. he's hot. (Ron's hotter, though.)

Sometimes I wish I could stay here forever. I'm going to be so happy on Sunday! Sunday is where it's at, muh man! Sunday is what it's all about. I won't have any phone for a couple of days, and then what will I do?

I'm in a good mood, and I'd still be playing pool if the place hadn't closed.

What you gonna do, Sorabji? Whachu gonna do when Gee and the Rock and Hogan run wild ON YOU?!!

By Dani on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

Do you like cream of spinach soup Wisper? If so, I'll e-mail you a great recipe from my Grandmother.

By TBone on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 04:33 pm:

Ooh! share!

By Dani on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 06:59 pm:

K TBone. I need your e-mail address and I'll mail it to you.

By moonit on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 07:51 pm:

Friday, relaxed, Linsay (my friend from England) turned up around four. Cooked dinner, watched Grease and Saturday Night Fever on TV, then crashed.

Saturday went to the Arts Centre and a Gypsy Fair, and also had a ride on a Hagguland. Was bloody cool, and kinda scary.

Went to the mole last night, had a few drinks, and a bit of a dance, then came home and gossiped.

She left today. She was lots of fun - shes going to work in Sydney for six months or so before going back to London.

By TBone on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 08:18 pm:

By eri on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 08:23 pm:

Spent the afternoon at the pool, swimming and getting a little sun on my pasty behind. I'm not really trying to get a tan, just getting beyond the "Casper the friendly ghost" phase of my pale skin. I may be more italian than anything else, but I have the skin of the little irish I have in me. I will be covered in freckles by May.

To try a new church tomorrow, then back to the pool if I have my way. I don't really want to deal with the holiday this year. Don't know how much I believe in it any more. Would rather have fun with kids poolside.

By Dani on Saturday, March 30, 2002 - 08:57 pm:

No Problem...I just mailed it to you.

By Dani on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 09:27 am:

I mailed it to you TBone and it came back to me with this explanation:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at smtp1.ij.net.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<tbone@mindless.com>:
    Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
    I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

By patrick on Monday, April 1, 2002 - 12:11 pm:

i got shit-faced on angry sams's porch tom the painter.

tossed pretzles a nico.

she dumped a beer on me (god i haven't laughed tha hard in ages).

listened Marley and danced around. Listened to Neil Young and felt I was a rock star.

(I think Down by the River probably has the one of the greatest 'rock' bass lines ever)

took drunk silly pictures.

ate take out from Burrito King.

why me drink

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 08:32 am:

Ate Bosian food at Bosnian Club where I was one of two nonBosnians and the only pair who didn't speak Bosnian.

Those people believe in eating a lot of meat. Nice interesting and somewhat boring music. Very cordial except "no credit cards" which fleeced us of the last dollar we had.

Cooked for the boys this Sunday. Watched as much Charleston Heston as I could stomach.

Lots a sex and potatoes type of weekend.

By TBone on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:07 pm:

Dani, try this one. I have no idea why the first one bounced.

By Christopher on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

Len and i rented a gold Mustang convertible (We asked for red), and drove to Palm Springs, where we did the White Party circuit thing. The white party is a week long event, and I have never been to one before. It's pretty much over-hyped if you go in for the whole thing and spend $500 bucks for tickets and stay at the primo hotels, but its actually a blast if you take it day by day. We went to some huge pool parties, where everyone was male, beautiful, and curiously hairless. We hit the clubs in the early evenings before dinner, and maintained a nice even buzz for the duration. I saw Bob Hope's strange UFO house, and tried to talk my way past the security gate for a closer look, but they weren't having any of that. The whole town is wreathed in flowers and Bouganvillea's, and surrounded by moonscape desert. A sheer act of will transformed this barren place into a sort of uber retirement community for rich old gay guys and B list movie stars and singers. The straight and gay population have reached a happy equilibrium and seem to mix very nicely. All in all, I was impressed. On the way home, I read half of Will Self's "How the dead live", because Len wouldn't let me drive since I have a hard time keeping under 80mph, which freaks him out like few things that I know...

By Dani on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

I just sent it TBone. We'll see if it goes through.

By Gee on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

Grocery shopping!!

I'm so excited!

By patrick on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 11:40 am:

are we now on our own gee?

By Gee on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:19 pm:

Yes. I said that, didn't I?

Look at me - I'm normal!

By patrick on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:28 pm:

you wish.

By Gee on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

you're just jealous because I'm SO much cuter than you!

tee hee hee, I shall run off laughing gaily!

By spunky on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

Why wish that on anyone?

By patrick on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

im just jealous because i dont have that great rack of yours ive heard so much about.

By Gee on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

it's true. boobies out the wazoo.

By semillama on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

Now there's an image.

By eri on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:15 pm:

I want boobies out the wazoo. Will someone send me some for my birthday?!?!?!?!?! I would at least like my bust measurment to match my hips, so I need about 4 inches!!!!

By patrick on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 12:31 pm:

ugh.

what a miserable weekend.

aside from being asked to be a godfather (sounds so badass).

Im tired of making a fool of myself.

Do you know anyone, whom you really really look up to and find yourself constantly making a fool of yourself in front of this person?

I do. My friend J. J is probably the busiest music video cinematographer in Hollywood, i've spoke of him before. He is a tremendous photographer. He makes a shit load of money. He is also a talented musician. I feel i can learn so much from him.

We are listening to his CD, which i've heard many times, but he has the cover art from the printer, which he's showing off. Its amazing.
    Im looking at the proof and he's using art work from photographer William Mortenson, Cecil B DeMill's set photographer. Of course he has permission from the estate to do so. But Im thinking, god damn.

Not only did he take 10 years to compose the piano for this CD, he hooked up with a drummer who currently plays with the Residents and has played with Iggy.

Do you see the amazing pool he swims in? Im just sitting on the side with my feet in with those silly floaties on my fore arms.

This guy does amazing things. He's taking his aforementioned band and going to Russia this summer to play. He just sent his parents to Italy. He turned on his pool heater, so when Im drunk and jump in it, it will be warm.

I always end up saying some dumbass things, or so it feels like, around Jim. Have any friends like that?

The rest of the weekend was a dump. Pissed of my wife by being an ass, no photoshoot. Took a nice walk yesterday.

Moved the TV on to the patio and watched hockey last night. That was nice, but lonely as i was by myself.

I gotta stop makin a fool of myself. its one thing to do it here, i dont have to face any of you, its another to constantly do it to those i love.

By patrick on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 01:10 pm:

i just realized blew his cover in that post.

see? dumbass.

By heather on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:11 pm:

blew his cover or dropped his name?

fear a bunch of people from sorabji are gonna start writing him email?

silly patrick. maybe you should just stop drinking so much, that's what i did.

By Spider on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

Chill out, Patrick. All I learned was his name is Jim. That's hardly a blown cover.

By patrick on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:26 pm:

*sigh*

no i was just using "J" at first then i go and say his name. its no big deal, just looks dumb, thats all.

im just not happy today.

thats sound advice heather.

By The guy in the bushes on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:27 pm:

Wow! Thanks Patrick! I was looking for a new stalkee since Rosie O'Donnell took out that restraining order against me. I loved Her the way no one else can. Jim sounds like a nice guy. I think I'm starting to love him. I never thought I would get another chance like this. Thank you.

By sarah on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:27 pm:

my good friend Reza married Gena Davis a while back. i found out they were dating while reading an Esquire i happened to pick up years ago when i was flying from hawaii to san francisco. they just had a baby. i read about it today in people magazine while i was in line to buy groceries for lunch.

reza and harry used to come visit me in hawaii every year when they were in med school on long island. this was before reza moved to LA to take a break from surgery residency in a manhattan city hospital. i guess he met gena at a party or something.

By The guy in the bushes on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:31 pm:

Gena sounds like my kind of gal, but I've set my sights on some one else. If it doesn't work out, I'll look her up. She sounds really nice.

By patrick on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

"Wow! Thanks Patrick...."

shut up.

nevermind alright.

i dont actually believe saying his name is a bad thing i just did out of courtesy and i couldnt even do that right.

By Back to Rosies bushes. on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

I'm just joshing you Patrick. It sounds like you're being a little heavy on yourself. Enjoy the fact that you have such cool friends. Peace.

By wisper on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 01:05 am:

as soon as we got on our way, the radio
    announced that Layne Staley had died.
    We were not shocked, but still sad.
    maybe it was a sign.

today i went to a family gathering (sig's family).
    These things always blow my mind and
    patience, since every living member of my
    family can fit comfortably into 2 small cars.
    There are only 9 of us from youngest -my
    sister- to my grandmother. I have 2 aunts and
    2 uncles. And no cousins, since one aunt
    hates kids and never wanted one, and the
    other one can't have children and never had
    the time, anyway.
    So i'm sitting in this living room being sniffed
    at by dogs and squeaked at by babies and
    wondering how the hell this many people can
    pretend to like each other, much less pretend
    to have a good time together. There must be
    at least 30 people. I have noticed
    that lots and lots of drinking is always
    involved, though. What's the deal with cousins,
    anyway? are you supposed to love them? do
    you send them birthday stuff? x-mas cards?
    what?
    The last time my entire family was together,
    we took up a medium sized table at the
    Mandarin. We talked about Iron Chef. There
    were no dogs or babies.
    Back in the living room i'm picking at my potato
    salad while i try to convince the sig's mom that
    no really, i'm fine with just the potato salad
    and dinner rolls and no, i still don't eat meat
    and no, i don't care how bloody good the
    spare ribs are, i'm not having one thanks,
    while she flips though yet another cousins
    wedding photos for me, since my hands are
    full, and i try to look interested. But she's so
    excited about them, and oh isn't that just the
    nicest dress and doesn't Katy look so good in
    that suit and the flowers are just lovely.
    Whenever we go to her house she tells me
    the story of her napkins and oh isn't this
    cookie tin so cute?
    i smile and nod.
    She's a great lady n' all, but let's just say that
    last time i saw my mom, i gave her an extra
    big hug, and thanked her for teaching me to
    put barbeques together while the sig's sisters
    were learning flowered wallpaper
    appreciation. Honestly, they must think i'm
    some wild tomboy since i've used a chainsaw
    and care shit all about country crafts.
    I love my mom. That's all i can think of when i
    visit his family. LOVE her.
    Hearing her talk makes me kind of sad, since
    i can't imagine her getting the same kind of
    joyous pictures from anything her son and i
    will do. I bring this up on the drive home, and
    he says that he would consider it a good thing.
    No wedding shots for mom. No babies to coo
    at. Just a family of stuffed toys and paintings.
    Sometimes i think he loves me more because
    he know's i'd never host one of these
    annoying things.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 01:25 pm:

ugh

im beat and so not ready to be here.

friday i went out to this goon-infested, Russian mafia run joint for a friends BD get together. Not really my thing. I hate this place, but its for my friend. In protest. I pulled my pipe out right on the patio and smoked up with half the patio residents.

Went to some other bar in my hood, a complete sausage party. The birthday girl's request. duh. Saw a fight breakout, but it was more like an LA fight where the two fucknuts just shove each other back and forth. Apparently when I was in the bathroom nico got shoved and wacked one of the dopes on the head. Thats ma girl. Its like....just hit em already and leave....you've made me spill beer on myself twice now, cockmouth.

Anyway, Sat I went with my pal C, the director to check out the editing of the Halford video. Met with the band manager and should be selling some images. At least covering my costs, which is a good thing.

Sunday we took off for Desert Hot Springs Spa. For fucksake did we need this. Its all about the pools at this place in the middle of the desert. 8 different pools and jacuzzi created and warmed by hot springs.

I sat there nurturing such a buzz, in the warm waters, watching palm trees glisten and sparkle in the intense sun. Playing with our god children, listening to Marley, tugging on glassware....its a shame it was for only 24 hours.

I needed that. But moreover, Im cursing the resort for such shitty beds. I realize they do that to sell massages at the spa, but fuck, i didnt have enough for that amenity.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact