Argh big ranty thing

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Argh big ranty thing
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 01:55 am:

So, my flatmate Gilly did a runner and left me with $130 in rent owing.

So I asked a few people if they knew anyone who wanted flatmates, and my cousin piped up and said Yes, me and my boyfriend will move in with you.

So they've been here for um... well nearly a week and a half now, and there are boxes and stuff everywhere. I got home last night to dirty dishes, which I did, then I cooked tea, then I did more dishes because god knows if you work part-time you haven't got time to do housework.

Fuck I am going mental. I hate what they have done to my cute little house. Its a tip, a bombsite, and freakin rubbish dump.

Grrrr.

You can go away now.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 09:01 am:

Lay down the law. Shape up or ship out.
    Put all of their boxes in their room and forbid
    them to remove any unless they are putting
    something away.

Carry a long sharp knife at all times to
    reinforce your position.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 12:40 pm:

i once threw my old roommate john out. while he was there, i started removing his things from the house and placing them out on the curb. and that was that.

By eri on Tuesday, May 7, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

I had a couple of friends who were roomates. As time went by Natalie got more and more exotic pets, it took her an hour just to feed them all, and forget cleaning. Naomie got upset about the mess and the noise and moved out. It ended badly. I remained friends with both of them, and when we moved into our house they both showed up to our housewarming party. It almost ended up in a fight.

Having roommates is a touchy situation, but there has to be some way to peacefully cohabitate (sp?).

I wish you luck.

By moonit on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 05:00 am:

All sorted. My friend Tash cleans my house once a week - she came today and asked them where they wanted stuff put. Its not perfect but its a fuckload better.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 11:36 am:

your living quarters sound like MTV Real World New Zealand.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 8, 2002 - 10:52 pm:

on a different subject, i really enjoyed reading your first post, because the words you use are fun.
    "did a runner" "flatmate" "tip"

make me giggle.

i hear ya.
    Our house was sold, and we had to be out by May 1st. My housemates fucked me in the ass. No-one cleaned *anything* before they left, so i was there at 3am dumping the entire rotting contents of the fridge. I felt bad doing it, but what am i going to do with 2 pounds of chicken at 3am? So gross. I've never thrown out that much food, and i hope i never have to again. If i didn't clean the place, the real estate company was going to charge us $150.
    But i kept all the cool things they forgot, so i have a new toaster oven, a Yoda doll, a sweet Mucha calender that i wanted to steal anyway, and some realy high-quality steak knives.
    I had to throw out a lot of steak, too.
    And bongs. Lots of bongs.

living with people sucks.
    Buy a whip.

By Rachel on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 08:08 pm:

Next year is my first time of moving in with flatmates so I was checking up on like "flatmate advice" on the net when i found your website. Now I'm a little worried about the whole thing :(

By Dougie on Monday, December 13, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

I love the title of this thread, moonit.

By moonit on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 01:21 am:

Why thankyou. You know my cousin BARELY speaks to me now after I kicked her out.

Rach, you will be fine as long as you respect shared space :)

By wisper on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 07:00 pm:

I stand by my advice- buy a whip.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact