One cop guilty before proven innocent

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: One cop guilty before proven innocent
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, July 9, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

See a rookie cop beat up devlopmentally disabled teen and the subsequent story (the actual video of the beating is at the top to the right) here.

The facts are still hazy, so I'll leave it at that for now, until some details become more clear.

What is clear from the video is that boy was practically limp. If he was struggling, he certainly wasnt in the video. He weighed no more than 90lbs by the way the cop picked him up, seeing that he was subdued and cuffed there was no reason to slam him face first into the car, muchless to be punched.

Its hot with no rain in sight, Israelis are being shot at airport terminals, and now cops are using excessive force.

Thats all we need is any more tension in this town.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

I don't think That Cop was right either.

He definately went way over the line with the kid!

For once I am forced to agree with the NAACP.

Will wonders ever seace.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 - 06:30 pm:

cease.

its best not to pay any attention to NAACP in this matter. it has all the potential to spiral out of control with rhetoric from groups like them. they are a biased party. its best i think to pay attention to the officials directly involved, not outside organizations that stand to gain publicity from it.

Its most important that the integrity of the facts are maintained due to the ultra sensitivity of this. I've already heard so many differing facts from bothsides as it is. now another guy is coming forward saying he was beaten by the same cop. while entirely possible, its almost as if a band wagon is being made here.

we just have to see because this town is incredibly senstive if not partial to these matters after the city burned in the past.

some say, though i dont necessarily believe OJ walked because of said partialness.

race baiting poltics stemming from the riots have plagued this city, from what i can tell, ever since and its so so so so hard to get to the truth when you have these vultures, from both sides trying to capitalize on these types of events.

By The Watcher on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 02:44 am:

To true of everywhere.

We have a local talkshow host who calls the NAACP the NAASCP.

For - National Association for the Advancement of Some Colored People.

In obvious other words if you aint Black thay don't want to know you.

By patrick on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

thats retarded.

its already out of control, this case.

the officer is now saying his nuts were grabbed and thats why he punched him.

what if that IS true? is it justified? its one word versus another.

If you look at the video though, its hard to see how the boys hands could reach the officers nuts. Who knows, maybe the other cops nearby can attest to it.

doesnt explain the slamming into the car does it?

now some loudmouths are saying this is EXACTLY an example of racial profiling. what? because a white cop stopped a black driver? If im not mistaken the two sheriffs deputys that made the original stop are latino. That doesnt even make any damn sense and is an example of this spiraling out of control.

The Inglewood PD, only showed up after the Sheriffs called for back up. The gas station has about 10 different camera angles that also caght footage. Wait until those come out. Might shed some light.

The thing that people should be most pissed about is not only that a cuffed adolescent was abused while in custody, clearly, but that the tax payers will probably have to fork out millions in the lawsuit.

By spunky on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

I don't think it much matters what happened BEFORE the kid was handcuffed (subdued, in custody, etc). Cops have no right to strike anyone AFTER they are in custody (handcuffed).
    Self defense while suspect is resisting apprehension, sure. Once the handcuffs are clamped down, it's over. If he is still a danger/threat, they have leg irons in the car. there was more then one cop at the scene.
    No excuses for hitting the boy

By spunky on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 09:28 am:

And the drama continues:
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The man who videotaped Inglewood police roughing up African-American teen-ager Donovan Jackson was hospitalized Thursday after being taken into custody.

Mitchell Crooks was arrested on an outstanding warrant for petty theft with a prior conviction, driving under the influence and hit-and-run in Placer County, in northern California.

UMMMMM, if there is a warrent out for your arrest for something like a HIT AND RUN, maybe it is not such a good idea to rat on the cops... they are gonna get you.

By Nate on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 09:54 am:

and when they get you, you should really avoid resisting arrest.

By patrick on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

im thankful this kid with the camcorder had enough (or lack of) brains to turn the tape in, otherwise this would have gone unnoticed.

By Alex on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:24 pm:

why does everything have to start going off in Cali just weeks before im due to arrive on holiday!
    grrrr

sorry sounds pretty selfish doesnt it. but its just bloody typical!

By patrick on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

everything starts in CA. We are trend setters. Hasnt the world learned this? Considering CA alone is the worlds 5th largest economy this is no surprise.

Just mind the gap alex and all will be well.

Of course if your white Alex, you'll be fine.

Are you coming to LA?

By Spider on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

Patrick, it's Americans on the London Underground that have to mind the gap. Unless you mean the education gap.

By Spider on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

That came out snottier than intended -- sorry about that.

By patrick on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:36 pm:

well yes Spider. I know this. I've minded the gap, have you?

By Alex on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

im staying in Palm Dessert but will praps stay over in LA for a bit take a look around provided things dont get too heavy there

By patrick on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

whoa....its 120 degrees out that way these days.

prepare to char that pasty English skin of yours.

Well if you come to Hollywood, I might be around.

By spunky on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

hmmm, Apple Valley CA right now is 96 degrees, but with humidity, it feels like 94. I miss that desert weather.

By J on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 02:27 pm:

It's been 114 here and now the monsoons are here,every night alot of dirt blowing in my pool,I hate summers here.I love the shops in Hollywood,back in the day I use to go to a boutique called Granny Takes a Trip,it's probably gone now.I love the shoes you find there,like no other place on earth.

By Alex on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 03:01 pm:

its been getting pretty charred by its self at the moment over here despite all the rain.

ill have to let you know if im going to visit LA so i can llok out for you and keep the other side of the street! ha! ha! only joking
    that is if i havent keeled over and died of heat exhaustion or dehydration by then!

By Alex on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 03:07 pm:

but still pasty and english though!

By Spider on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

Seriously, Alex, be sure you shield yourself from the sun and drink lots of water. Heat stroke is a very real danger.

By patrick on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 03:42 pm:

i can vouch for that.

i suffered a minor heat stroke out that way a few years back. noooo fun.

it creeps up on you.

By Alex on Sunday, July 14, 2002 - 03:52 pm:

hmm yeah i am pretty worried about the whole thing what with the heat and everything, a friend of the
    family suffered from heat stroke/exhaustion in turkey a coup[le of years back when they had temps up in the 40's, she collapsed in a shopping mall. not good. just have to remember the saying;

Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact