Israeli bullshit

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Israeli bullshit
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 11:59 am:

Israel bombs an apartment building to kill the leader of Hamas, Salah Shehade, but kills 14 other people in the process, 9 of them children, and many members of Salah Shehade's family.

Whaddya think?

But, consider this question: If you had a chance to slit a terrorist's throat, but you had to slit the throats of nine children first, would you do it? What if you had no guarentee that you'd kill the terrorist in the end?

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:07 pm:

What would distinguish you from the terrorist at that point? Don't they bomb embassies to get a few autocrats, and kill civilians at the same time?
    DO you mean to say that you NEVER have the chance to get him alone? or maybe outside the apartment complex, like in a car with a few of his croanies driving him around?

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

the euphamism is "collateral damage".

every attempt should be made to apprehend before sending in f-16s.

if the man is the leader of a revolutionary movement engaged in a war with an sovereign nation, why is surrounding himself with women and children?

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

Just answer the question.

Would you slit the throats of nine children?

Yes or no.

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:22 pm:

No. I couldn't bring myself to do it, even if it was for the greater good. Plus, since there's no guarantee that you'd kill the terrorist in the end, there's no guarantee that the terrorist would be successful in his future activities -- while strapping on his self-immolation device down in his basement, he might just accidentally blow himself to kingdom come, and then killing those 9 children would have been in vain.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:34 pm:

you've got my answer bitch.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 12:56 pm:

dito

By Mr. Rogers on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

It depends. Are they cute children?

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:31 pm:

Patrick and trace, ya'll are are cowards.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:51 pm:

So, are you saying you would do it?

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 01:54 pm:

bitch please.

you think you be waving some giant excalibur cock around with this silly question.

sit down.

By Mr. Rogers on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:44 pm:

Are the children wearing lederhosen?

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

Mattering on the circumstance, yes I would. To stop a terrorist from performing an action I knew he was planning, yes. To try to deter a society or group from committing further violence, no. The first is necessary. The second is pointless.

Honey pie, I don't have giant excalibur cock to wave. Patrick, if you like I can wave a two handed Scottish claymore at ye. I have one of those and I know how to use it.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 03:18 pm:

do you hang it on the wall when you're not using it?

i have an answer to the 9 children question. but i'll keep it to myself.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

Nah. It's in the closet.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:04 pm:

We (the US) are on a dangerous path.
    I have done some soul searching and have
    made my mind up about something.
    This latest incedent has shaken away any lingering thoughts that maybe Isreal would make the right decisions, and maybe the Palestinians really are terrorists, but now I see who the real terrorists are.
    It was bad enough when I read about Comanche Attack Helicopter's launching missles at cars, killing everone in the car except the intended target. But to blatantly take so many lives that were not targets at all just to get one, is indefesable.
    Our foreign policies towards Isreal does not excuse the twin towers, but it sure did not deter the incedent either.
    We must reconsider our position in Isreal.
    To continue to back Sharon will be a fatal mistake.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:16 pm:

holy shit.

you found all that in your soul?

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:36 pm:

how many people did US AC130s wax in Afghanistan a few weeks ago? Why is that any different? In terms of dead terrorist, Israel appears to have succeded more than we.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

further, playing devils advocate...Hamas outright advocated the slaying and bombing of Israeli civilians.

Are you starting to realize the potential in mass quantities of marijuana yet spunk?

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

Isreal has killed 1750.
    Hamas has killed 775.

The difference, that I can see, is the fact that we said we were after a military target. And for the most part, we have targeted military installations, but we are not perfect. Too bad we are human and make mistakes. The world loves to point them out to us with glee. The first one to make no mistakes, please stand up???

but we have not, to my knowledge, knowingly target an APARTMENT COMPLEX and launch a missle form a fighter jet at the APARTMENT COMPLEX with intentions to destroy said APARTMENT COMPLEX.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:03 pm:

im aware of the lopsided death toll.

wasnt the leader of hamas a military target?

same as say bin laden, or omar whats his fuck, former leader of the taliban. whats the difference between them and this guy they wacked in Palestine?

The US at first said there was anti aircraft fire, but no such guns were found. There was nothing military at all surround the wedding we shot to living hell. Are you familiar with the AC-130s armaments? Jesus christ those things are hell with wings, Can you imagine? Supposedly the weddign party were firing their kalashnikovs in the air, but thats hardly a thread to an AC 130 1000s of feet in the air.

Wasnt it a Chinese diplomatic apartment complex that we targeted in Belgrade which we destroyed and killed several Chinese nationals?

But again, I direct you to the point that hamas has publically stated they have and will target citizens. Whether or not it means much or not, this is not the proclaimed intention of Israel.

so.......this one attack has searched your soul?

what about the numerous attacks on Israeli civilians that has killed women and babies?

By Nate on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:22 pm:

the contraction for hamas is isn'treal.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 06:24 pm:

Up until now I hadn't considered the Israeli responses to be overboard. Now I do. This action has crossed a line. They targeted a place where they knew there would civilians.

Sounds like a homicide bombing to me.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:02 pm:

that's no contraction. it's a contradiction.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:04 pm:

antigone, remind me not to allow you in the same room with cleo and any terrorists that may happen to be wandering about.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 07:30 pm:

Don't forget Ariel Sharon.

By spunky on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 10:02 pm:

Patrick.
    There is no excuse for using a jet to launch a missle at an apartment complex.

Does it take blowing yourself up in the middle of a shopping center to get someone to pay attention?

The Palestinians are handling thier situation differently then I would. But maybe that is because I am a chicken-shit who has no particular interest in killing myself like that. But maybe I would if I felt like I had no other choice. The palestinians are horribly suppressed.
    I am talking about the ones stuck in the west bank and the gaza strip. The Isreali's are nasty to them. They ARE oppressed.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 11:42 am:

trace, i dont disagree.

They used a 2000lb bomb, enough to level a city block. Why such massive force was used, why they couldnt have used special forces or even a helicopter/missle attack is beyind me.

"Does it take blowing yourself up in the middle of a shopping center to get someone to pay attention?"

The Palestinians seems to think so. Look what kind of attention they got in return...how many more children must die before each derranged side gets it?

When your brothers have been killed by Israel, your father and grandfather wounded, maimed or killed by ISrael, your mother has schrapnel in her head, your neighbors house was leveled by a tank and you are told you can only leave your house for 1 hour a day, you can't get school for your child etc etc etc etc .....yeah it aint that difficult to strap a bomb to yourself.

Arafat and Sharon should both go. Those two will bring that region to its knees before either one lets up.

By spunky on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

Both have blood on thier hands.
    For that matter, so do we. We have Isreali, Palestinian and American blood on our hands.
    We'd better figure out a way to wash our hands and fast.

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:47 pm:

Trace, do you have multiple personalities?

By spunky on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 01:54 pm:

Eh?

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I'm schizophrenic
    and so am I!

By spunky on Wednesday, July 24, 2002 - 03:14 pm:

No, I do not. I would like to think I am still growing up, even though I am almost 30.
    I am watching what is going on around the world more now then ever.
    I cannot help but wonder....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact